• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Network maintenance announced

Melchiah

When considering my big reason for getting a PS4 was for FFXIV, I'm kinda wondering why I didn't just upgrade a PC and save myself the trouble. At least they have the sense to plan for maintenance at dead-hours in the morning rather than prime-time, and actually have maintenance on the days they said they're having maintenance.

So, they schedule the maintenance on the PC side for all the different time zones?

It's 2:20am here now, so the PSN maintenance hits the dead hours in Finland.

Demon Ice

Banned
Was just able to sign back in. Friends list loaded and has people in orbit in Destiny.

My copy of Destiny still can't connect to the servers though. Meh.

So, they schedule the maintenance on the PC side for all the different time zones?

It's 2:20am here now, so the PSN maintenance hits the dead hours in Finland.

Yep, they do that in MMORPGs. Different time for each region.

Thursday's maintenance should be from 19:00 to 23:00 in Finland. So it hits the prime time. :/

They need to do something about the gaming sharing so when PSN goes down I can still play my games on my secondary PS4. Should of just made gaming sharing like PS3.

Melchiah

No, maintenance is Thursday today is Tuesday. PSN is legitimately down for ... some other reason. :-/

It does say the network is undergoing scheduled maintenance, when I try to sign in.

EDIT:
Yep, they do that in MMORPGs. Different time for each region.

Thursday's maintenance should be from 19:00 to 23:00 in Finland. So it hits the prime time. :/

Checked, and FFXIV does indeed seem to have scheduled maintenance set differently between the regions.

BrunoM

That is the erro we all getting ..

Plus we getting NP-31756-2 .. That from past problems is related to maintenance

It's obvious that very little of the money we pay for PS Plus is going back into the network.

If it's so obvious you should have no problem describing in detail just how much $ have been put towards the Network and in what ways they've expanded it since the PS4 launched.

Still can't get on PSN here in USA.... Worst time possible considering I wanted to pick up P4 Golden a few PSP games from the sale.

Mastperf

If it's so obvious you should have no problem describing in detail just how much $ have been put towards the Network and in what ways they've expanded it since the PS4 launched.
Looking at various threads about poor download speeds and threads like the one you're in are all that's needed. They're either cheap or incompetent.

BrunoM

What's the earliest report we have of the mainetenese ?

It probably will be a couple hours of it is mainetenese if anything kther we will be seeing 5h+

FranXico

Hope it's for expanding and distributing their servers. That would make DDoS harder to accomplish.

Why am I paying for a service that's down half the time?

Sony needs to seriously fix their shit.

That's what the maintenance is for. Blamed if you do, blamed if you don't...

Looking at various threads about poor download speeds and threads like the one you're in are all that's needed. They're either cheap or incompetent.

Or people expecting that sending ~40$ there way is going to up the Network to be impervious to all down time is completely and wholly unrealistic.

Especially when Xbox Live has down time too, which is several billion $ larger than Sony's Network.

And poor download speeds is not a universal phenomenon, which implies it's not directly PSN related.

vypek

Actually, I hope they keep it down for a few hours and take care of the Thursday maintenance now as well. Maybe they need to have monthly patches

Dunlop

lol, just wasted 20 minutes trying to fix this

I had just reflashed my dd-wrt router and was playing with VPN settings and thought it was something I did

Kusagari

Hope it's for expanding and distributing their servers. That would make DDoS harder to accomplish.

That's what the maintenance is for. Blamed if you do, blamed if you don't...

They have maintenance every month and it never seems to do anything in regards to these issues. So, yes I will blame them.

Why would they even attempt this on Destiny Tuesday? I plan my whole week (every week) around this shit. Gaw...
ibjCnEHofY3uz3.gif

Trying to log into PSN right now is like playing with a Magic 8-Ball.

"Magic 8-Ball says Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance."

"Magic 8-Ball says an error has occurred."

"Magic 8-Ball says cannot connect to the server."

Top Bottom