• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Network maintenance announced

h3ro

Fuck. Can't play any of my digital games even though I'm logged in under my PS+ account on my second console. Very frustrating.

Dunlop

is there any reason they could not send out a mass e-mail to all of their PSN accounts to warn people of the downtime?

Dazzler

is there any reason they could not send out a mass e-mail to all of their PSN accounts to warn people of the downtime?

I shifted a bunch of stuff around today to make time to raid in Destiny, now it was all for nothing

so frustrating

Angelcurio

Can't play any of my digital games on my second PS4. Just did a license restore but it still fails to start the games, instead it says "cannot use the content, cannot connect to the server to verify the license".

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. They need to set up a system where people on secondary consoles can play their digital games even if the network is down. There has to be a second verification process, because I can't play any of my games right now.

Can't play any of my digital games on my second PS4. Just did a license restore but it still fails to start the games, instead it says "cannot use the content, cannot connect to the server to verify the license".

Is this a primary account? Also, stop the ps4 from trying to connect online.

SgtCobra

This isn't maintenance, though.
They're saying it is. Atleast I'm getting that maintenance message on my PS4.

Terrible joke of a company. Lets people pay 50 -60 bucks a year for a service that isn't as reliable as its competitor who is also asking for the same amount of money..

Terrible joke of a company. Lets people pay 50 -60 bucks a year for a service that isn't as reliable as its competitor who is also asking for the same amount of money..

That's the default whenever something wrong happens.

Mastperf

Or people expecting that sending ~40$ there way is going to up the Network to be impervious to all down time is completely and wholly unrealistic.

Especially when Xbox Live has down time too, which is several billion $ larger than Sony's Network.

And poor download speeds is not a universal phenomenon, which implies it's not directly PSN related.
PSN performance has slowly deteriorated since launch as more people bought the console. They risk losing customers over something they should have seen coming. The messaging has been painfully slow for many people for a while and Sony's done nothing about it. A simple message shouldn't take more than half an hour to arrive on a correctly functioning network. Download speeds are CDN related and Sony are paying for those. They buy more bandwidth and customers get more. If you have a region that uses more bandwidth, you pay for more to the CDN provider so as to provide acceptable service to those customers. You don't sell more and more consoles and leave it as it is.

Mengetsu

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. They need to set up a system where people on secondary consoles can play their digital games even if the network is down. There has to be a second verification process, because I can't play any of my games right now.

This. I understand the whole PS3 sharing thing and the over abuse of it but if I sign into my name on any on my PS4's I should be able to play my content primary or not as long as I am signed into MY NAME! My only gripe.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I've been logged in for like a half hour. But I can't get into 2k, FIFA, or none of that. I can use the store and watch league pass.

PS+ offers more than just online multiplayer. The aspects that aren't multiplayer are leagues ahead of XBL in terms of Instant Game Library and discounts/sales. PS+ is also 10 dollars cheaper than XBL at least in the US so they aren't asking the same amount of money.

Top Bottom