• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Network maintenance announced

SgtCobra

PS+ offers more than just online multiplayer. The aspects that aren't multiplayer are leagues ahead of XBL in terms of Instant Game Library and discounts/sales. PS+ is also 10 dollars cheaper than XBL at least in the US so they aren't asking the same amount of money.
Both have the same retail price over here (The Netherlands). The fact that their instant game library is superior doesn't jutify its server issues. We're paying for the service because they said they needed the money to improve it, well, I guess they didn't.

It's back up now for me but I missed something I was supposed to do with some people and even though that's hardly a disaster it's still unfortunate that things like this happen that often with PSN.

Agreed. People shouldnt be defending this. It happens all the time.

If people wouldn't make such ludicrous statements as "it's down half the time" you wouldn't get people defending it.

Stop at "Downtime sucks", and I'm wholly on board with the statement. But people never stop there.

bsod

Banned
If people wouldn't make such ludicrous statements as "it's down half the time" you wouldn't get people defending it.

Stop at "Downtime sucks", and I'm wholly on board with the statement. But people never stop there.

Maybe PSN's service shouldn't be as down as often as it is. How often is Steam down? How often is Xbox Live down? Compare PSN to any large service, and it's down much more often. On top of that, they have a page dedicated to telling people when the service is down...which is never updated, leaving people not knowing genuinely if there's a problem with the servers or something on your end. I mean, a lot of us came from Xbox 360 where Live was down, at most, once every 6 months.

Being upset with how often PSN is down is not ludicrous.

Top Bottom