• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Lince said:
looks ugly and uncomfortable to me and I can't play my 30+ UMD games on it, no sale... unless the next Metal Gear is PSP GO exclusive.

Slim PS3 on the other hand... :D

I been saying this for a looong time, watch they have a way to transfer your games via PS3.

in that youtube video he made it a point to say psp/ps3 integration is extremely important.

Niks

Wii Will Rock U said:
:O

This thread is the holy grail of GAF. We've gotten:

PSP Go!
PS3 Slim
Gran Turismo
New Metal Gear Portable Ops (AKA the Kojima project)

All confirmed, right here.

Dear lord, this is the mother of all leaks. All we need now are the first screens of Starhawk and the first video of LBP PSP.

EDIT: Fuck, LBP PSP video in that Youtube vid. Dear lord.

Agreed.
MEGATON regardless of intentional leak or not.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Not sure if mentioned, but this won't be REPLACING the PSP-3000. They're apparently going to keep both on the market.

Also, I guess this should raise hopes Starhawk isn't on PSP? Presumably it might have been shown here if it was?

LBP, the new Jak and (maybe?) warhawk looked awesome

new Metal Gear on PSP also sounds great

but wtf is that design. ugh. the shoulder buttons look so awkward.

iammeiam

sun-drop said:
these things must be coming out like soon ... i mean if the boxes are being produced ... i mean the moment you anounce it sales of the current ps3 model would die ..unless ..firesale price drop.

The more disturbing alternative is that Sony may consider both redesigns to be "premium" versions of their respective product lines. Not sure what they could do to the PS3 to make a premium (backwards compatibility built back in?), but the 16GB on the Go does make it depressingly likely that they'll be pricing themselves out of the market on that one.

I sincerely hope Sony understands the PS3 needs a price drop, and will announce the slim and a price cut at the same time, but the Go is making me think they may try to hold their current position by tossing in a few more features.

It'd be a horrible idea, but if the Go is really just Sony recommitting to the portable gaming & media device strategy that didn't work with the original PSP, I suppose it's not impossible.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wouldn't it be amazing if these games were available at E3 launch? :D

Like IN STORES NOW! ON THE WEB NOW! F off PSP Ho, you ugly and busted. gimme the fruits of your labor

jett

D-Member
DenogginizerOS said:
How is the new design that much different from the tons of sliding text phones there are out there? No one has a problem with those.

It looks really ugly. I think if Sony got rid of those white rims around the buttons it would look A LOT better. Whoever designed this thing needs to get fired. Twice.

KillJade

Banned
Love everything about the new design except the missing analog nub.

Ironic that the thing Sony is most bashed for (poor promotion and advertising) is the thing that is their undoing at this year's E3, they seem to have done too good of a job getting all these promos in place before the actual unveiling and now we've seen all their big surprises before the show.

If it really is thin and light I will pick one up.

Honestly, its a pain in the ass dragging a big PSP with protective logitech plastic all around it with me all the time. PSP is way too big to use as a musical device although fine for movies.

So this might actually work out (for me at least).

Kaako said:
I think these "leaks" are intentional though, unlike MS last year. Trico footage, PSP GO on fucking Qore lol, slim ps3?
I don't know why they would do this either but they did.
Well the two reasons to do something like this are to get the consumer base acclimated with the new products and to capitalise on the relative absense of marketing competition. By announcing in the week before E3, they can pretty much ensure they have our attention. They'll shock us now so they can try and convince us at the show.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
gamerecks said:
It comes with 16gb of memory, with an expansion slot for more. The games are actually small and would be downloaded through the PSP Store
No, I mean how am I going to play these new games on the current PSP? Surely, the games can't be that small.

teiresias

Personally, I really like the look of the PSP Go. Is it touchscreen though? Otherwise what's the point in having it close up like that if to operate it you just have to open it?

The original pics in the OP didn't really make it look thin, but looking at the Qore footage it looks like it's thinner than I was thinking originally.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
From the vid. "It won't replace the 3000, we're going to keep them both on the market".

Hmm, higher price than 3000?

SoulPlaya said:
No, I mean how am I going to play these new games on the current PSP? Surely, the games can't be that small.
A lot of PSP games are under 1GB, 3.somethingGB is the max, most are 1-2 I think.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Subtle but maybe important point: Dude says that Go might be for the consumer who's looking for something 'more premium'. So maybe more expensive than psp-3000? Price cut on the 3000 and then this at the current psp price?

Concept17

jett said:
It looks really ugly. I think if Sony got rid of those white rims around the buttons it would look A LOT better. Whoever designed this thing needs to get fired. Twice.

not gonna quote your tag but... the white rims look great imo

Falch

I hope we'll get footage and a firm releasedate for Gran Turismo next week.

Also, I think the decent is pretty decent. I wonder what price it will have, compared to the regular PSP.

Raist

Banned
gantz85 said:
Can someone put up a picture of PSP GO CLOSED?

From the youtube vid. (00:56)

2me5ok0.jpg

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Aru said:
MGS PO 2, AT LAST :D

The second best MGS (after the original, of course) returns.

meh I wasn't feeling the first MGS:pO, I liked the Acid series better personally. Better to play on a handheld. But I am looking forward to more Snake action, so whatever.

longdi

Banned
does it have a touch screen? i think now the emerging standards for handheld is to have touch input. sony is wasting a redesign and premium one somemore, if it does not have touch input. not so appealing.

No_Style

Hohoho... The beans are all over the floor up in here.

PSP Go looks alright. Smaller screen is a slight turn off, but I await further impressions before passing judgement.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
God's Beard said:
Well the two reasons to do something like this are to get the consumer base acclimated with the new products and to capitalise on the relative absense of marketing competition. By announcing in the week before E3, they can pretty much ensure they have our attention. They'll shock us now so they can try and convince us at the show.
I see your point and as long as they announce new PS3/PSP titles at E3 I'm ok with that. I do wish that they'd save it for E3 though. Still, they have my attention so I guess the intentional leak worked on some level right? haha

LCfiner

Man, I really wasn't expecting a megaton leak on a lazy Saturday afternoon. :lol

especially one that's proving to be so divisive.

We all need to see GT footage this week. and hands-on impressions!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wii Will Rock U said:
:O

This thread is the holy grail of GAF. We've gotten:

PSP Go!
PS3 Slim
Gran Turismo
New Metal Gear Portable Ops (AKA the Kojima project)

All confirmed, right here.

Dear lord, this is the mother of all leaks. All we need now are the first screens of Starhawk and the first video of LBP PSP.

EDIT: Fuck, LBP PSP video in that Youtube vid. Dear lord.

i guess this is likely the entire Sony Conference announcements ( maybe there is still some unknown PS3 games ) but these are all the major stuff .

srsly Sony do something to your leaks

Sage00

Once And Future Member
teiresias said:
Personally, I really like the look of the PSP Go. Is it touchscreen though? Otherwise what's the point in having it close up like that if to operate it you just have to open it?

The original pics in the OP didn't really make it look thin, but looking at the Qore footage it looks like it's thinner than I was thinking originally.
You can still access the shoulder buttons when it's in that position, I think the interface may be revamped so you can just use them.

I believe Sony were actually asking devs for their ideas to make shoulder button-only games.

gantz85

Banned
Can somebody please put up the video in another location aside from Youtube? Youtube will have to take it down sooner or later anyways, some people are at work and can't view Youtube and I am in China so I can't access Youtube :(

MechaX

Vyse The Legend said:
Also, the best news from the hands-on: New Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops coming.

You know, given that Portable Ops controls were absolutely garbage combined with how the PSP Go seems to exacerbate some pre-existing issues, for some reason, I'm just not that excited for this.

Mamesj

Banned
Adam Prime said:
Man I really hope against hope they don't do away with UMDs. But I'm thinking what we saw with Patapon 2 is the beginning. Game cases with voucher codes in them, that way to appease "collectors" who want a case and manual... but I want a disc.

ummmm, game collectors who need boxes and manauls are most likely a tiny, sliver of a share of the market. Those boxes are for retailers and people who wouldn't know a game exists if it's download only.

thaOwner

Linkzg said:
LBP, the new Jak and (maybe?) warhawk looked awesome

new Metal Gear on PSP also sounds great

but wtf is that design. ugh. the shoulder buttons look so awkward.

I think that is Starhawk.

Hmm maybe I am alone and mentally stunted but I prefer my original PSP1000 more than this! I don't know why. I mean I can upgrade the memory to the 16 gig, I can still download the shows/movies/games. The only thing as of now that it doesn't have is blue tooth. I am not a fan of the appearance of it as of now. And mine has custom firmware too. I don't know, maybe something is wrong with me :lol :lol

Lince

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
I been saying this for a looong time, watch they have a way to transfer your games via PS3.

what do you mean? something like I could connect my old PSP to the PS3 and insert some UMD, then the PS3 rips it and transfers the ISO to the PSP Go but at the same time you need to be logged on PSN so it activates the game preventing from copying the same UMD to multiple PSPs Go and... forget about it, it won't happen.

$h@d0w

Sage00 said:
You can still access the shoulder buttons when it's in that position, I think the interface may be revamped so you can just use them.

I believe Sony were actually asking devs for their ideas to make shoulder button-only games.

Imagine if it had Sixaxis as well.

Top Bottom