• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

If Ken Kuraragi were still around there is no way this design would get green lit. Hate to sound like a broken record, but I am truly stunned how poor the button layout and the overall form factor is.

Blueblur1

B-Rad Lascelle said:
Wow... I can't imagine who would want to be seen in public playing that monstrosity. I mean, hell, I may like it and even find the analog stick comfortable to use but no way would I bring it anywhere. I have some sense of pride.
:lol :lol

You and several others in this thread need to grow up.

It must have it, what point would it be to make it a slider in the first place? If you have it closed while playing games or watching movies, all the controls are not accessible.

Adam Prime said:
Yup, it's touchscreen - they're just not mentioning it anywhere because they want to surprise everyone at E3 when someone play with a demo unit for the first time.

Mega-Megaton!!

That PSP WarHawk game looks fucking sick!

---

I'd have to actually have a hands-on with the unit before laying final judgment. I thought the Micro was going to be a POS, but it is (to me) the best handheld unit released to date -- I have no gripes about comfort. Hopefully the PSPGo is more comfortable than it looks.

harSon

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Putting up an official sony-produced video on an official sony-sanctioned store for play on an official sony-designed device is not a leak. It might have been accidentally released early, but it's not a leak. It might be botched PR, but it's not a leak.

In another thread, I heard someone claiming that an actual company-issued E3 press release was a "leak". Use your brain cells, people.

WKC footage is not a leak. Heavy Rain footage is not a leak. The Trico footage may have been a leak or it may have been an intentional release. This is not a leak--it may have been released early by accident, but it is not a leak.

Also, for reference, when you read some article on a blog where some no one says what he thinks, it's not a rumour. It's speculation. A rumour is when someone claims to be saying something that is factually true, but you can't verify what they're saying or vouch for their credibility. If I say "I think MS will launch a new console this year", that's speculation. If I say "Internal sources tell me that MS will launch a new console this year", that's a rumour.

It's pitiful that supposedly literate, English-speaking adults have a difficult time figuring this stuff out.

Really?

Information they didn't want getting out until a later date LEAKED out, the term has been used properly through out the thread.

Kaako said:
What if they fucked up and this episode was supposed to come out NEXT WEEK?! Since Qore comes out the first Thursday of every month right? :lol :lol

yeah, it was supposed to be next week. The episode download itself says *coming soon* both in the title and the logo. Maybe it will download and not play. I'll find out when it's done downloading.

That looks really strange. I vastly prefer the previous PSP design to this plus the analog nub looks like a token inclusion. Almost unusable due to its placement and size. Not sure how comfy the shoulder buttons will be.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Adam Prime said:
meh I wasn't feeling the first MGS:pO, I liked the Acid series better personally. Better to play on a handheld. But I am looking forward to more Snake action, so whatever.
I hope there's an option for the MGS1/2's fixed overhead view in the new Portable Ops. The behind the back camera was just unwieldy as hell with no second analog to control the camera.

Synless

How would they get UMD's on this without people taking any UMD and copying it like they owned it? Its not going to happen, you guys are dreaming.

drakesfortune said:
Wow, they just blew Kojima's big announcement. :lol
No fear!
There will be MGS4 (10 disk) port for xbox360 MEGATON!
MG1+2 DSI remake for DS MEGATON!
New MGS (1 disk) for Wii/ ps3 MEGATON!

Arnie

That really doesn't look like a Sony product. Sony are going to have such a tedious press conference now. I hope they acknowledge the fact that we know what they're about to announce, instead of pretending they are dropping some megatons.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
BulletSmoke said:
It must have it, what point would it be to make it a slider in the first place? If you have it closed while playing games or watching movies, all the controls are not accessible.

For the sake of portablity, obviously. It's easier to carry around closed.

Arnie said:
That really doesn't look like a Sony product. Sony are going to have such a tedious press conference now. I hope they acknowledge the fact that we know what they're about to announce, instead of pretending they are dropping some megatons.

They'll ignore the leak. For most of the world it'll be news. They're not going to shuffle off an announcement like this as a side note at the end 'because you all already know about it'.

MechaX

Teetris said:
The MGS saga, it continues.

That's cool but... I'd at least like to play the MGS saga too.

I guess if they emulated more of MGS4's controls rather than MGS3's, the controls will be a bit better. But CQC and camera management were just absolute nightmares in that game.

FabCam

Wow, I love it. Probable rebuy with the new Metal Gear and Gran Turismo.

For those thinking button layout is weird - it's pretty much exactly the same as the current PSP except the face buttons are closer to the analogue nub.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Linkzg said:
yeah, it was supposed to be next week. The episode download itself says *coming soon* both in the title and the logo. Maybe it will download and not play. I'll find out when it's done downloading.
Oh it's playing alright and the new PSP GO does look better in motion imo.
All digital content (no umd) = FUCK YEAAAAAAAAH.

Niks

harSon said:
I don't think they're dumb enough to purposely leak a Qore episode with a bunch of things they'd be announcing at e3 in 2 days.

:lol My bet is they fucked up big time.

Stumpokapow said:
Putting up an official sony-produced video on an official sony-sanctioned store for play on an official sony-designed device is not a leak. It might have been accidentally released early, but it's not a leak. It might be botched PR, but it's not a leak.

In another thread, I heard someone claiming that an actual company-issued E3 press release was a "leak". Use your brain cells, people.

WKC footage is not a leak. Heavy Rain footage is not a leak. The Trico footage may have been a leak or it may have been an intentional release. This is not a leak--it may have been released early by accident, but it is not a leak.

Also, for reference, when you read some article on a blog where some no one says what he thinks, it's not a rumour. It's speculation. A rumour is when someone claims to be saying something that is factually true, but you can't verify what they're saying or vouch for their credibility. If I say "I think MS will launch a new console this year", that's speculation. If I say "Internal sources tell me that MS will launch a new console this year", that's a rumour.

It's pitiful that supposedly literate, English-speaking adults have a difficult time figuring this stuff out.

Exactly. This actually increases my hype for Sony's conference. If they are letting the stuff like this out of the bag NOW I really wouldn't be surprised to see something as big or bigger be announced. Perhaps price cut for PS3?

Boss Man

B-Rad Lascelle said:
Wow... I can't imagine who would want to be seen in public playing that monstrosity. I mean, hell, I may like it and even find the analog stick comfortable to use but no way would I bring it anywhere. I have some sense of pride.
If you're over the age of 15 and play any video game in public, no you don't. At least people might confuse this for something other than a video game system.

If I didn't have a PSP I would probably buy this version over the older ones. Don't think I'll be parting from my PSP-1000 though.

Niks said:
:lol My bet is they fucked up big time.
My bet is they are making it LOOK like they fucked up big time but in reality they purposely leaked this to crash the hype train early and blow up everyone's expectations.

iammeiam

Ahahahaha... As of 12 Minutes ago,one of the banned news sites is on the case:

"As we have not been able to spot the images on Qore our self, we're calling this rumor. Only a few days until we find out if the madness is true."

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
StateofMind said:
If you're over the age of 15 and play any video game in public, no you don't. At least people might confuse this for something other than a video game system.

No one wanted to be seen with a Mylo either.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
BulletSmoke said:
It must have it, what point would it be to make it a slider in the first place?

To just make it smaller, that's it. If you close it while playing a game or something, I'm willing to bet it's just going to go into standby mode or something. Why would you close it in the first place while playing a game, because like you said, you need buttons to input.

I don't think the direction here it to start making iPhone games with touch screen controls AND buttons to use for input. It's just a redesign, they're making it smaller to put in your pocket and the sliding screen makes that easier.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
PuppetMaster said:
If Ken Kuraragi were still around there is no way this design would get green lit. Hate to sound like a broken record, but I am truly stunned how poor the button layout and the overall form factor is.
So explain the original PSP.

Wasn't Krazy Ken the one that said the messed up square button on some of the launch units was a 'feature'?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
They're going to sell it with PSP-3000? 16GB of on-board memory? What will the price be?

thaOwner

Graf Nudu said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/4qlq2r.gif[/IMG]

I see your failed megaton gif and I raise you:

2wmfivk.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why didn't they put the fucking thumbstick in the middle of the d-pad?

Anyway it looks nice, I wish it success!

Sage00

Once And Future Member
BulletSmoke said:
The shoulder buttons are accessible and so is the PS button.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Bearillusion said:
GAF hates it. Should be a big hit.

Probably true. I hate it for what it stands for (DD only). I'd buy one if it had UMD, but since it doesn't I will shun it. Also, not sure about that analog stick placement. At any rate I loathe the stick on my PSP 2k. It's a bad design, there has to be a better way to do a stick on a portable device.

Top Bottom