• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

McHuj

I agree that it, doesn't look as bad in the better picture, but it's still not great nor sleak.

I'm really curious what the price will be. It's got to be a lot cheaper to make than the psp3000 so the question will it be cheaper than the 3000 model. Is Sony going to try to undercut DS with a lower price than the DSi?

I like the concept of a more portable umd-less psp, but it's going to have offer more in terms of price or features than just what we have seen.

$h@d0w

15qrsq1.jpg

Mic in the bottom middle for Skype right?

NomarTyme

DieH@rd said:
Dont get to excited, i may be wrong. Lets wait few more days :D
I hope Sony would be smart enough to have Warhawk at launch. This game could sell like gangbusters or they can included in their bundle pack.

zaidr

user friendly said:
Slightly better off screen capture. I'll take more if wanted.
*great capture btw. your tv's image quality is great.*

Kind of looks cheaply made. The matte black finish might be whats throwing me off.
The screen looks like its separate from the rest of the device...

thaOwner

SolidSnakex said:
It looks much better when you see it in clear images.
Yeah. At first when I saw the OP I was a little worried because it looked pretty bad in those shots but damn, the thing looks very decent actually.
Well damn, am excited.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It looks much better when you see it in clear images.

Seriously the first picks made it kinda fugly looking, but seeing better pics it looks kinda sweet. I still have concerns over the thumb stick though, it just seems out of place (to far to the middle).

Arnie

gofreak said:
They'll ignore the leak. For most of the world it'll be news. They're not going to shuffle off an announcement like this as a side note at the end 'because you all already know about it'.
Of course not. You misinterpreted what I said, I hope Sony make a joke or just simply acknowledge how poorly a secret the whole thing was, instead of acting like what they are announcing will break the games industry in half. Secondly, the majority of people at the press conference will have seen these leaks.

On a different note, one of PSPs biggest problems is its steep pricepoint. If Sony don't make this PSP significantly cheaper than the previous models then I really can't see it making any sort of major splash at retail.

harSon

Banned
The analog placement looks so damned awkward. How big is this unit? Looks like it'd be an absolute pain to use for someone with large hands.

Not sure what to think of it, I can't see it being comfortable....I might upgrade if it has touchscreen though, no touchscreen means no buy.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
harSon said:
The analog placement looks so damned awkward. How big is this unit? Looks like it'd be an absolute pain to use for someone with large hands.

The original PSP is already a pain to play for someone with large hands! :lol

Zen

Banned
gofreak said:
It looks a lot slicker open seeing it 'directly' than it does in those shots.

Closed, I think it'll look very slick (haven't seen any closed shots yet), and it obviously is more portable than the current PSP when closed.

Also: LBP for PSP in the tiny snippet that's there looks surprisingly good.

I wonder if LBP PSP will actually link into LBP PS3 and just have everything visually downgraded. Although all the physics might be a problem...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
user friendly said:

Take some more of the closed unit..and from the belmont talk where it's on the desk. Shows it off well.

Even still it looks better directly, obviously, but you're doing a better job than the other pics have :p

edit - Also, where did the boxshot come from? I don't see that in Qore..

zaidr said:
Kind of looks cheaply made. The matte black finish might be whats throwing me off.
The screen looks like its separate from the rest of the device...

It's actually a glossy black finish all over as far as I can tell. The lighting in that shot doesn't make it very obvious, but it's much more obvious in others and in the 'flesh' in the Belmont interview portion.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Intentional or not, I still can't believe this just happened a couple of day before E3. This is fucking huge when you think about it.

Jaagen

Finally, it seems like it's time for me to buy a PSP. I wonder how the flash memory will affect the battery life. It surely will be better, no?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
wiid said:
I bet its gonna be $249 w/ a bundled game since they are keeping the psp 3000/4000.

Totally agree. $249 with bundled games, and current PSP3000s will remain at their current $199 bundle price point.

dkeane

Not liking the design, too much branding on the top portion and all the controls being set into the device looks strange. Could be comfortable to hold though. Also really strange if there's no touch screen when it's closed.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
user friendly said:
15qrsq1.jpg

That looks hot. You can see nice detailing in that picture, quality of the finish looks good.
No removable battery I see also, so the end of CFW also.

antispin

McHuj said:
I'm really curious what the price will be. It's got to be a lot cheaper to make than the psp3000 so the question will it be cheaper than the 3000 model. Is Sony going to try to undercut DS with a lower price than the DSi?

If anything, it will cost more than the current PSP. No way this is cheaper.

iammeiam

Jaagen said:
Finally, it seems like it's time for me to buy a PSP. I wonder how the flash memory will affect the battery life. It surely will be better, no?

The Go will undoubtedly be more power-efficient, but whether or not you get longer life will probably depend on whether or not they've sacrificed some of the battery in the name of portability and lightness.

Pachimari

To everyone who are worried about their current line-up of games not working. You can already get your UMDs on your PC and then to a Memorystick. So if not a transfercable, maybe we would be able to move the games from our memorystick to the internal flash.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Josh7289 said:
What's the game in this picture?

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier

I can live with the design, but wtf @ analog nub. how you you comfortably play a game with it placed like that?

Jaagen

I can't see this beeing that much more expensive, since they removed the UMD slot. Maybe this at $199 and the PSP3000 still at $169.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
zaidr said:
Its the outside silver trim metal, or plastic? The pic off the quore video made it look like it was plastic, but this looks metal again.

It's a glossy black. It's much more evident in the other shots vs that 'angled' one with the person holding it.

Arnie said:
Of course not. You misinterpreted what I said, I hope Sony make a joke or just simply acknowledge how poorly a secret the whole thing was, instead of acting like what they are announcing will break the games industry in half. Secondly, the majority of people at the press conference will have seen these leaks.

I remember during E3 2007 they made a crack at the 80GB PS3 leak.

Top Bottom