• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
harSon said:
Really?

Information they didn't want getting out until a later date LEAKED out, the term has been used properly through out the thread.

If you walk into the bathroom, turn your faucet on, and leave, your faucet is not leaky. It was turned on. A leaky faucet is one that, despite you turning the knob off, despite you getting a drip cloth, the water still comes out.

1. Leak: Guy from Sony takes footage, steals it, releases it.
2. Accidental early release: Sony films footage with intent to release it, messes up by flagging it incorrectly on a server.
3. Intentional early release: Sony releases the footage before E3, intentionally.

This is either the second case or the third case. Given that the video refers to E3 in the future tense (announcements will be made at e3) and given that it hasn't been pulled, I'd lean towards the third, but even if you assume this is "OMG SUM1 GONA BE FIRED WHAT DUMIZ *SHAKES HED* SONY!!!!!", it's still not a leak.

GAF has been persistently fucking this up over the last week, and it's just truly pathetic.

jett

D-Member
$h@d0w said:
jtt18l.jpg

2lke160.jpg

2mornli.jpg

Heh...it annoys me that the screen isn't positioned in a perfectly simmetrical way. :p

KillJade

Banned
dkeane said:
Not liking the design, too much branding on the top portion and all the controls being set into the device looks strange. Could be comfortable to hold though. Also really strange if there's no touch screen when it's closed.

:lol

Manufacturers aren't allowed to put their name on a device anymore? It says Sony and PSP.

It's a Sony PSP. I don't think that's too over the top.

kittel

Fizzle said:
2mornli.jpg

Why is the XMB like that?!

New visualizer for the music player?

Of course that's not the XMB, it's a marketing pic. Gives it a kid-like quality for the casuals and pisses obsessive compulsive people off

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Looking more closely at the detailed close up pic, the analog stick doesn't look that bad really.
You have to take into account how reduced in width the PSP Go is and how differently you will hold it.
Everyones complaints and ranting so far is based on as if the analog stick would be on the PSP 1000/3000 model.

zaidr

TruthJunky said:
I love my current PSP and I almost *never* care about aesthetics when it comes to hardware design.

But -- holy shit -- that thing is fucking ugly.

Maybe it allows for this to be launched with a lower price point?

JB1981

Belmont: "With the formal announcement at this year's E3" ......

wow

I can't believe how "top secret" the presentation is in the QORE video LOL. It's like a parody after seeing the leak

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
g35twinturbo said:
if it cost more, i doubt it will be much more. $200

im calling that price.

I agree, if you've played with the crappy Mylo (which I keep damning it for being an obvious iteration of) you can see this is where that idea went, and that was the same sort of unit, it's not that expensive feeling in your hand and probably will go for around the same price.

I don't really get Sony's hardware thinking this time around, besides the launch bumps their going to get the stuff seems very uninspiring so far. I guess it's all to get to DD so they can soak profit from the 2nd hand and rental markets.

zaidr

gofreak said:
It's a glossy black. It's much more evident in the other shots vs that 'angled' one with the person holding it.

I mean the silver trim that goes around the whole device...plastic or metal?

Stumpokapow said:
If you walk into the bathroom, turn your faucet on, and leave, your faucet is not leaky. It was turned on. A leaky faucet is one that, despite you turning the knob off, despite you getting a drip cloth, the water still comes out.

2. Accidental early release: Sony films footage with intent to release it, messes up by flagging it incorrectly on a server.
3. Intentional early release: Sony releases the footage before E3, intentionally.

This is either the second case or the third case. Given that the video refers to E3 in the future tense (announcements will be made at e3) and given that it hasn't been pulled, I'd lean towards the third, but even if you assume this is "OMG SUM1 GONA BE FIRED WHAT DUMIZ *SHAKES HED* SONY!!!!!", it's still not a leak.

GAF has been persistently fucking this up over the last week, and it's just truly pathetic.

+ Couldn't agree more. Sony let the cat out of the bag, IT wasn't leaked. Again, I will argue that there will be a ton of announcements and they wanted to get this one done before hand. Remember, many analysts have said that you cannot announce multiple huge announcements at one conference. You have to pick and choose. Well, this allows Sony to still have a HUGE announcement without the PSPgo being an after thought. Will there be another huge announcement? Who knows. At least now there can be.

Kujo

16GB flash is getting cheaper (like $30 or less these days), could be almost a straight swap with the UMD drive price wise for Sony.

dkeane

KillJade said:
:lol

Manufacturers aren't allowed to put their name on a device anymore? It says Sony and PSP.

It's a Sony PSP. I don't think that's too over the top.
I guess I'm just used to my iPhone which I use in both vertical and horizontal positioning. If this is only used horizontally I guess it's ok, still looks strange to me though.

kittel

jett said:
Oh and this costing more than the current PSP would be fail of epic proportions.

and yet people want more features like a touchscreen, etc. This thread needs more common sense IMHO.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Musashi Wins! said:
I agree, if you've played with the crappy Mylo (which I keep damning it for being an obvious iteration of) you can see this is where that idea went, and that was the same sort of unit, it's not that expensive feeling in your hand and probably will go for around the same price.

I don't really get Sony's hardware thinking this time around, besides the launch bumps their going to get the stuff seems very uninspiring so far. I guess it's all to get to DD so they can soak profit from the 2nd hand and rental markets.

I played with the Mylo, and I loved it lol (for what it was), you definitely see how they smashed them together. Hopefully it won't give that same feel but more of s solid feel to it. Either way, I'm picking one up.

thaOwner

JB1981 said:
Belmont: "With the formal announcement at this year's E3" ......

wow
Dont you get it ? This is the informal one. We are all not supposed to act like we are not even posting in this thread about this new PSP.

i watched the thaowner's vid and it says it got a memory upgrade (i guess it means RAM) plus the memory stick port is on the left so it could pretty much be a HDMI out the port we've seen.

edit: this is an unintentional leak, it say: "the game we announced at e3"

zoukka

The button placement looks horrendous... Quick someone phoshop the hand over the nub.

I just think the slide-screen is so useless. The screen is still exposed and the machine is as big as opened DS, just without the touchscreen. Why not a clamp model??

I didn't like DSi at all, but this looks way worse.

Pachimari

What I am wondering in this moment is; why even have a slide-out screen?

I mean, you can't control the XMB without the buttons, and don't tell me they chose a slide-out screen just to protect the buttons. . Of course you can move right and left with the shoulder buttons but that isn't enough.

EDIT: Wait, maybe just to make it smaller. But to me, it would make more sense if the screen had been touch, so you could control the XMB / Media without even sliding out the screen.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
gantz85 said:
Extremely silly decision to not have touchscreen IMO.

I don't get why they would make the whole PSP Go! thing without a touchscreen, it totally limits what kind of app can be used decently on it.

I wonder if they expect a broad market penetration of this specific PSP. The features they'd tout seem very tailoring to hardcore consumer. People here saying that parents would get kids this model, really? Digital-distribution only delivery and internal storage in the 16GB range doesn't sound kid-friendly to me.

navanman said:
Looking more closely at the detailed close up pic, the analog stick doesn't look that bad really.
You have to take into account how reduced in width the PSP Go is and how differently you will hold it.
Everyones complaints and ranting so far is based on as if the analog stick would be on the PSP 1000/3000 model.

It all depends on how far the thumb can reach so you don't have to shift the entire hand/whether or not you can comfortably keep the thumb directly over it.

It would have to be seen played live.

Nice that hype christmas came early, but my fingers cramped up just looking at that thing. PSP was already a fair bit less comfortable to use than the DSi IMO so exacerbating it is not a good thing.

Epcott

If this was intended to be leaked, then why did Quore say coming soon and not "released"?

Also, it would have been announced on the ticker as soon as you boot up PS3, and on the PSN store home page. Sooooo... seems like a mistake to me :lol

EDIT: By the way, does the PS Blogs say anything about this "not leak"?

gantz85

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
yeah why is that?

As a gaming machine that's one thing, but if they want to tap into the strengths of the machine as a media player, movie player... where people can download/rent movies/music off PSN using their PSP GO, then for every single time they want to access their media they'll need to slide it open. Every pause, fast forward will need a slide-open.

That sucks.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
KilgoreTrout said:
Poor Sony with its leaks.

Thing looks like ass no matter how the thing is pictured.

It's not a leak fool.

harSon

Banned
Stumpokapow said:

Jesus Christ :lol

Leak - any means of unintended entrance or escape.

Yes, Sony created the video in which the information was given, but it was unintentionally LEAKED to the public.

Top Bottom