• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP a GO!?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Will have to see more pictures to tell dimensions and such, but looks alright to me. E3 will have more details.

And back to the show...

panda21 said:
also how are you people expecting it to have 2 analog sticks? how were the old psp games going to work, or the games for the psp 3000 they are still selling?

Seriously, how are like the 50 million or so previous PSP sold suddenly going to make up for the lack of an entire set of directional inputs it just doesn't have in the same system generation?

Make a second analog attachment?

....hmmmm....maybe that could work.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
somuchwater said:
You can rest assured this will cost significantly more than the current PSP. It has 16GB of storage and Bluetooth. If it slides in under $249 I will be highly surprised.

I do think we'll see a price cut on the PSP-3000. If they're smart, down to $129.

I can see that but I have a feeling psp go= $200

Cartman86

Banned
It's good enough. I only bought the launch PSP so I can live with this new version, but I still think it would've been awesome if they just went PSP2 with dual analog or touch screen etc. I am assuming they are still going to publish UMD discs for the previous PSP's and that is why they didn't go and change the controls. If not then this decision makes no sense at all. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

EDIT: Would've been nice to maybe have 2 versions of control options for games? 2 analog nub controls and 1 analog nub controls? Probably too complicated in Sony's eyes. Don't blame em either.

DieH@rd

Banned
Linkzg said:
2ro5a9u.jpg

another angle that shows off the shoulder button and how thin it is. Quality ain't too good because my camera is old.

NICE~!

BikoBiko said:
Considering buying it because of the convenience of digital distribution. I wonder how Nintendo will counter this, this'll probably be huge in Japan.

All three models of the original PSP have the ability to do digital distribution as well.

loosus

Banned
Okay, so no UMD. But will they at least release read-only Memory-Stick games at retail?

Or, do you have to download everything?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
loosus said:
Okay, so no UMD. But will they at least release read-only Memory-Stick games at retail?

Or, do you have to download everything?

maybe but they plan on focusing mainly on DD

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Shig said:
:lol Man, some of you guys have real issues with interpreting scale.

The screen is smaller than the original and the unit is thinner, so I really don't think the analog pad is as far in dimensionally as some of you seem to think. Mark my words, it'll be a lot more confortable than the original unless you have tiny little girl hands.

Yeah, someone with some common-sense!!
Everyone is imaging this analog stick positioning on PSP-1000 series and having a shit attack.

More:

nwbse9.jpg

wclmxs.jpg

6fs9yd.jpg

156alhl.jpg

Find it odd that they decided to put this one up:
25ovwjo.jpg

o50xw9.jpg

It's growing on me. Still don't like the start select placement/look. Looks awesome while closed, shame it wasn't touch screen.

Benedict

In the video they talk about the memory card slot and Belmont finds it on the left side of the console (oh!).
The port which some people think is the memory card slot and some is a hdmi output is on the bottom of the psp go.

So I still think it's an hdmi-port.

edit: around 3.20 in this youtube-clip

decon

Stick placement is awful, hopefully this is just a fake. And Sony, we don't need a bigger screen, the PSP is big enough as it is.

Gaogaogao

how does it benefit sony to make us think it was leaked? I think sony just fucked up, plain and simple. they referred to e3 in part tense too...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
They're a lot better user friendly, thanks.

edit - and yeah, this was totally a fuckup on sony's part. It was not intentional. Someone made a (probably too easy to make) mistake in putting content on the psn servers and messing up permissions for it.

Boss Man

The more I see it, the more I like it. If good games (unique, portable stuff) start popping up on the PSN I might have to grab one of these. I'd like to have a PSP that's actually portable.

2ir3z2g.jpg

another pic (again, excuse the quality) showing the wifi switch and I think the volume buttons.

btw, 2 more bits of info that I didn't see picked up:

-PSP Go is considered the "premium" product
-Releasing in Fall this year
-Push for smaller, download only games
-Gran Turismo PSP most likely launch title

the segment ends with saying they're about to play Gran Turismo against each other.

iammeiam

I sincerely hope Sony released this information on purpose. If this was really their Qore episode intended for post-E3, then they're going to have a pretty sad E3. Aside from the PSP hardware revision, and confirming (or reconfirming) a few games, it seems pretty megaton-lite. To go at it from another angle: If the leak hadn't happened, and this was the biggest thing we got next week, it'd be pretty underwhelming.

Basicallly if this was what Sony had planned as the big event of their conference, it's going to be pretty embarrassing for all involved.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
woah this thread exploded :lol

I think it looks good. I like the slide out controls, I always felt the PSP was too big.

A touch screen for non-game stuff would've been perfect.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
decon said:
Stick placement is awful, hopefully this is just a fake. And Sony, we don't need a bigger screen, the PSP is big enough as it is.

lol its no fake! it's on PSN!

Bearillusion said:
No touch screen is a mistake imo.

they never said it wasn't there, remember the initial reports of closed screen will have limited touch screen functions?

iammeiam said:
I sincerely hope Sony released this information on purpose. If this was really their Qore episode intended for post-E3, then they're going to have a pretty sad E3. Aside from the PSP hardware revision, and confirming (or reconfirming) a few games, it seems pretty megaton-lite. To go at it from another angle: If the leak hadn't happened, and this was the biggest thing we got next week, it'd be pretty underwhelming.

Basicallly if this was what Sony had planned as the big event of their conference, it's going to be pretty embarrassing for all involved.

maybe they have more announcements? I can't see this being the only thing.

Fizzle

Shig said:
:lol Man, some of you guys have real issues with interpreting scale.

The screen is smaller than the original and the unit is thinner, so I really don't think the analog pad is as far in dimensionally as some of you seem to think. Mark my words, it'll be a lot more confortable than the original unless you have tiny little girl hands.

Does this i mean I have little girl hands? :3

Zilch

Banned
harSon said:
So you honestly believe that they intentionally put up footage revealing a good portion of their announcements for a press conference that is in 3 days? You could be right but I seriously doubt it.

Well, I don't know. If they don't take it down I guess we'll know that it was pretty intentional on their part.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Relaxed Muscle said:
Looks ugly to me. But this E3 it's gonna get pretty boring if all the cool stuff gets leaked...

It's been E3 for the last two weeks at least.

This is how E3 is now. The "wanting to same things for Christmas morning" attitude is a bit..well..silly. It doesn't matter when we hear about this stuff really.

And if it DOES matter to you, I suggest you disconnect from the internet in the run up to E3 :p

gantz85

Banned
user friendly said:

Holy crap. This looks TINY. It basically looks as large as smartphones on the market now.. I don't think it's actually that much larger than an iPhone.

It's a HUGE mistake to not have touchscreen.

zaidr

aw wtf is up with those shoulder buttons? What happened to the clear plastic...replaced with beveled plastic buttons. Ugh...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
"Hey, let's put that missing analog right here....wait, no....start select. Yes."

Also, it for sure looks like the Mylo build now. No way should it be over 200.

iammeiam said:

Perhaps...but in the end, remember winning E3 means jack shit except for forum fodder. If the goods are there, it doesn't matter.

iammeiam said:

Are people really this damn obsessed with "megatons"? Geez, this whole thing is ridiculous. Why does it matter when something is revealed?

Top Bottom