• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Custom Firmware Thread

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Marconelly said:
So it's true. How would you merge two PSX eboots though? Can you give me link to instructions?

Ok some smart people have made a GUI version of the original command prompt version. You can find it here:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/RS-GUI-PopStationMD-v2-0-for-DAX-multidisc-Popsloader/pg/49/aid/109790

If you have the 2 MGS EBOOTS already, you need to extract the ISO file from them with Popstation GUI found here:
http://zinga.quotaless.com/PsGUI/PsGUI226beta.rar

You can add MSG icons, etc to the joined EBOOT. This is favourite MGS one:
http://files.filefront.com//;6786449;;/

You also may need the MGS SLUS codes:
CD1 is SLUS00594 and CD2 is SLUS00776

SleazyC said:
After further thought I think I am going to sit tight until a popsloader fix comes out (or a multi-disc pops fix) as I am playing through FF8 right now and don't want to have to split my discs up.

With the FFs you can just treat each disc like an individual game and use the end-of-disc save when you load the next disc.

Goldrusher

Emenis said:
My shoutcast isnt working... it loads up but none of the channels load. Oh well, I will try again later today.

I can't even get the players to appear in the XMB.

InternetRadioPlayerI.prs and InternetRadioPlayerII.prs should be in \PSP\RADIOPLAYER right ?

navanman

Last thing we needed was another "GAF help me, I bricked my PSP by deleting my flash0 3 times!!" thread.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Goldrusher said:
I can't even get the players to appear in the XMB.

InternetRadioPlayerI.prs and InternetRadioPlayerII.prs should be in \PSP\RADIOPLAYER right ?

I believe so, thats where mine are.

Mine is working now too I dunno why exactly though. I did change my wireless from WEP to WPA messing around with my new ASUS though.

Figured this update would fix this, but I have an issue with remote play. I pop my ff7 disc into the PS3 and launch remote play.

I can navigate the menus fine and everything seems perfect. I then click the PS1 disc and try to boot it. The screen goes blank and the PSP screen shows the little loading swirl. And then it boots me out of Remote Play with an error code (80028f17).

I can't boot ANY PS1 games but everything else between the PSP/PS3 seems to work with no issue whatsoever. I even downloaded one from PSStore to try and that's the same story.

Error code is 80028f17, which is even stranger as when I've looked it up it seems to relate to PS2 games. Any ideas, GAF?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
navanman said:
Ok some smart people have made a GUI version of the original command prompt version. You can find it here:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/RS-GUI-PopStationMD-v2-0-for-DAX-multidisc-Popsloader/pg/49/aid/109790

If you have the 2 MGS EBOOTS already, you need to extract the ISO file from them with Popstation GUI found here:
http://zinga.quotaless.com/PsGUI/PsGUI226beta.rar

You can add MSG icons, etc to the joined EBOOT. This is favourite MGS one:
http://files.filefront.com//;6786449;;/

You also may need the MGS SLUS codes:
CD1 is SLUS00594 and CD2 is SLUS00776
Great! That should make the whole thing easy. I'm pretty familiar with the PSX eboot making process, just not with this merging, but from what I can tell, the GUI makes it all really easy.

814jhig.jpg

wow, i am totally underwhelmed by the internet radio...

PSP Radio pretty much destroys it, and that hasn't been updated in how long?

8ek7evc.jpg

The Faceless Master said:
814jhig.jpg

wow, i am totally underwhelmed by the internet radio...

PSP Radio pretty much destroys it, and that hasn't been updated in how long?

8ek7evc.jpg

Does PSP Radio work on a slim? Saying it hasn't benn updated in a long time makes me think not....

ZeroTolerance

Well I bricked. sucks huh ? The fucked up thing I did was I had upgraded my slim from 3.72 to 3.80 and when I tried to do the same thing for my fat, it would not let me. It got to 99% and bam, "contact technical support" message popped up.

I am having problems making a pandora's battery with my other 3.80 psp....any tutorial on this here problem ?

3.80m33 update 2 is out already. http://www.dark-alex.org/

Readme said:
3.80 M33-2

Requeriments:
3.80 M33

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder to /PSP/GAME folder

This update fixes a couple of issues.

- Function scePowerGetClockFrequency/scePowerGetClockFrequencyInt was not resolved properly due to a
confussion between the two nids applying to the same function. Fixed, this update is necessary
for plugins and kernel homebrew reporting psp cpu speed.

- PSX EBOOT.PBP that have a icon of 80x80 pixels will not be replaced by Dracula icon in savedata.

Explanation of icon issue:
In 3.80 pops, Sony has introduced a bug that causes a crash when the icon of the pbp is not 80x80,
like those of psstore. To resolve the issue, M33 was replacing the icon in ram by the one with Dracuala image,
what caused the side effect of ps1 save games having Dracula icon.

Now the behaviour in 3.80 M33-2 is to replace the icon in ram only if the one in the file is not 80x80.

decon

*Powering up PSP* :) Looking forward to check out the Radio thingie, not that I'm going to use it much though (would have usued PSPradio then).

navanman

Just downloaded and updated thru "Network Update". Totally noob-proof and automatic.
Seriously good piece of coding.

Danj

MrNyarlathotep said:
Hah, I literally just finished installing 3.80m33 and didn't want to bother downloading to PC, connecting via USb, disconnecting and then installing...

...then I remembered network update feature. Worked beautifully and was much less of a hassle :D

Sweet. I just tried this too and it works great.

ZeroTolerance

navanman said:
Just downloaded and updated thru "Network Update". Totally noob-proof and automatic.
Seriously good piece of coding.

Well I bricked. sucks huh ? The fucked up thing I did was I had upgraded my slim from 3.72 to 3.80 and when I tried to do the same thing for my fat, it would not let me. It got to 99% and bam, "contact technical support" message popped up.

I am having problems making a pandora's battery with my other 3.80 psp....any tutorial on this here problem ?

thin you could help me out brah ?

decon

M3wThr33 said:
Downloaded the stuff. I'm waiting on the 1.5 Kernel first.

Anyone know what he means by the sleep mode issues in 1.5?
Doesn't Addon for kernel 1.50 work with this new update?

decon

mauaus said:
Really. Dont. Like. The. "Interface"
No. You can't really choose the stations you want, you just choose a genre and then it's "other stattions :lol". And what the heck does those C,B,P even mean? It's pretty cool that they do this sort of things no doubt about that but oh boy, is this really what the programmers over at Sony can master when it comes to PSP software?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having issues with my memory stick. Longer load times, some stuttering here and there. D-A says that this is a bug with Sony's memory stick driver, it's been rewritten or trimmed down. I'm on a 4gb Blue Sandisk. I would try my other card but I can't find it at the moment.

clav

Anyone know if a good IR TV Remote App that works in 3.xx?

PSP Sony Remote doesn't work any more.

I use this program to change the channels at TV in school when I'm eating in the cafeteria.

mauaus

HaloFans said:

I use this program to change the channels at TV in school when I'm eating in the cafeteria.

LMAO u really do that?

M3wThr33

Banned
HaloFans said:

Is it a 1.5 kernel program? That'll come in a day or two.

clav

_dementia said:
None.

Use PicoDrive
Thanks for the tip. Works beautifully and better than DGen.

M3wThr33 said:
Is it a 1.5 kernel program? That'll come in a day or two.

I actually want to get away from the 1.50 Kernel if possible. If the PSP Slim becomes cheaper one day, I'll upgrade to it.

So far, this PSP Fat has been a great ebook reader and retro-game console on the go.

Top Bottom