• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PSP]Valkyria Chronicles 3 - 1/27/2011 (JP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkarus

Hcoregamer00 said:
One day Valkyria Chronicles XX will have a female lead, or at least give us the option to choose between a male or female lead.

I am not expecting it anytime soon :lol
Female lead would be good. Still I kind of like how VC1 followed Welkin and when the Valkyrian blood line awakens in
Alicia
you see it from a different angle and doesn't make you look at her as just a weapon but a member of
squad 7
who don't rely on a nuclear weapon to win the war.

Still in Valkyria Chronicles you have 14-15 year olds going in to war. Crazy stuff!

So the Darcsen chap is Kurt right? The lead character?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Ikkarus said:
Female lead would be good. Still I kind of like how VC1 followed Welkin and when the Valkyrian blood line awakens in
Alicia
you see it from a different angle and doesn't make you look at her as just a weapon but a member of
squad 7
who don't rely on a nuclear weapon to win the war.

Still in Valkyria Chronicles you have 14-15 year olds going in to war. Crazy stuff!

So the Darcsen chap is Kurt right? The lead character?

How about doing a narrative point of view that they have never done before and have a Valkyria as a main character?

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to ask Sega to give the player the option of choosing between a male or female lead character with slightly different character dynamics and story line. Persona 3 Portable is a wonderful example of getting a familiar experience and making it feel VERY different with a female lead.

It would give the game more replayability.

Hamblasto

Siliconera has some new screens of VCIII. A lot of them are old TGS stuff, but there are some shots of the VCI staff and Juliana from VCII.

Ramsey Crowe, member of the Gallian Military and may have some role with VCIII's Squad 422.
5DEQ5.jpg

TZiBO.jpg

yevWa.jpg

There's more on the site, but I'm in school right now so I don't have the time to upload all of the screens. [EDIT: Oh, screw it. You guys can click links, right? Besides both sites to a great job of explaining things.]

Oh, andriasang has a bunch more new screens and profiles on some of the main cast of the game.

Giolon

I just woke up and saw these myself! Juliana's boobs are smaller - maybe b/c she's two years younger, lol. I'll admit - I was sort of happy to see her in the screenshot.

Seeing the old crew in this style leaves me feeling :-/

At least the character info they're releasing makes people sound more interesting than VC2...

I noticed in another Andriasang article yesterday it says they are increasing the unit cap to 9 which puts it closer in line with VC1. I didn't see any bit about how many will be allowed per area.

Edit: Here's the link, scroll down about 1/3 the page: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/06/flying_get/

I think I may have a Selvaria contender in Lydia:

33wtnp2.jpg

Best design I've seen yet, IMO. Though the new Darcsen girl is close (and Kurt's not bad either).

Lain

They better make another artbook for VC3 like they did for VC1.
The art is definitely better than in VC2, although I'm on the side that likes the art in VC2 and doesn't find it too dissimilar from the art in VC1 style/mood wise.
Also the 3D models looks so much better than VC2.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
The bump in the unit cap is certainly nice. If they can manage to pair that with bigger combat maps they'll have addressed my two biggest problems with Valkyria Chronicles 2.

Suzuki Yu

ixix said:
The bump in the unit cap is certainly nice. If they can manage to pair that with bigger combat maps they'll have addressed my two biggest problems with Valkyria Chronicles 2.
they did actually , the maps in this game are bigger than what it was in VC2 but not as big as the first game of course .
and i am really happy about the units cap, this game sounds like it will be the best VC game yet .

way way better! i am impressed!

duckroll

Suzuki Yu said:
they did actually , the maps in this game are bigger than what it was in VC2 but not as big as the first game of course .

How do we know this for sure? The demo map is really, really small. Much smaller than even the VC2 demo mission...

Phenomic

duckroll said:
How do we know this for sure? The demo map is really, really small. Much smaller than even the VC2 demo mission...

It was posted in an article back at TGS I thought you even had posted about it back on page two. :lol

Edit for Exact Quote.
duckroll said:
Some promising details from the article:

- They will be keeping gameplay systems which worked well in previous games, and ditching those which do not fit the theme of VC3.

- The stage areas will be larger, but they will also be "different" in terms of shape and design in some ways. It will be "interesting" apparently.

- There will be a return to fighting massive machines similar to those in the first game, like the Batomys.

aerts1js

I'm thinking about buying VC2 today.. I haven't played the first one. Will I be lost?

Also, how bad is the story? If it truly is pretty awful, I may pass. I know gameplay comes first, but when a story is just irritating I lose interest quickly.

Hcoregamer00

Lain said:
They better make another artbook for VC3 like they did for VC1.
The art is definitely better than in VC2, although I'm on the side that likes the art in VC2 and doesn't find it too dissimilar from the art in VC1 style/mood wise.

Yeah, VC3 has some really good character designs.

They are just not good, but REALLY GOOD.

3ed5b8ca.jpg

28c38868.jpg

3e87ae19.jpg

c56a8f1c.jpg

34ece636.jpg

26ce493b.jpg

Hcoregamer00

-Winnie- said:
That mini-gun buster sword is ridiculously awesome. :D

Not to mention that the cast of Darksens in this game seem to be so BAD ASS. What the heck happened? :lol

daoster said:
Come on Sega! Announce USA release date!

Please?

Hell yeah, I will import this game if need be.

It looks so great :)

Hcoregamer00

Pureauthor said:
Riela's design is lousy.

The rest are good. GunXSword is awesome.

Really? She is my favorite design.

Different strokes for different folks.

rockman zx said:
Riela mix hair colour is weird, I wonder why they decided to do that.

This is speculation on my part, but maybe her change in hair color is due to her frequently using her Valkyria powers. It shows her in blue flame when she goes into full valkyria mode.

Nah. No one knows that Riela is a Valkyria as of game's start, including Riela, so that means it can't be to Valkyria power overuse.

Also the reason I don't like her design is because it looks more like streetwear than something you don when going into combat.

Hcoregamer00

Pureauthor said:
Nah. No one knows that Riela is a Valkyria as of game's start, including Riela, so that means it can't be to Valkyria power overuse.

Also the reason I don't like her design is because it looks more like streetwear than something you don when going into combat.

Well, it could be that her hair is a single color during the outset of the game?

I honestly don't know why she has a two-tone haircolor.

duckroll

Phenomic said:
It was posted in an article back at TGS I thought you even had posted about it back on page two. :lol

Edit for Exact Quote.

That was before the game was barely shown at TGS and the demo was a single area which was tiny as fuck though. I think they're lying!

Hamblasto

SEGA's planning on releasing a demo for Valkyria Chronicles 3 sometime in the near future.

According to andriasang (through Famitsu), the demo will be different from the one at TGS. It will contain two missions and will take place after the events in the TGS demo.

The first mission involves recapturing a base, while details on the other mission have not yet been revealed.

Andriasang also hints that the demo may unlock some content when the actual game comes out.

Update:
Some new scans from Dengeki and Famitsu are up on RPG Land. The Dengeki article has two new characters (At least, I haven't seen them before).

Oh, and there's a small picture with Selvaria, Maximilian, Gregor, and Jaeger.

Hamblasto

From andriasang:

Pre-orders for VCIII will come with a special booklet and a code to download a bonus mission.

The booklet is filled with articles from the Gallian Journal apparently retelling some events in Gallia.

YMn6b.jpg

The booklet also has a code that unlocks Aliasse (in her slut bunny outfit)

VSnVv.jpg

The downloadable mission is called "Chapter 0: Kurt's First Campaign" and it tells the story of, well, Kurt's first mission. Apparently, the game's main story never covers this.

Clearing it gets you a new weapon to use in the main game.

Phenomic

Hamblasto said:
From andriasang:

The downloadable mission is called "Chapter 0: Kurt's First Campaign" and it tells the story of, well, Kurt's first mission. Apparently, the game's main story never covers this.

Clearing it gets you a new weapon to use in the main game.

Can I has in the states please?

duckroll said:
That was before the game was barely shown at TGS and the demo was a single area which was tiny as fuck though. I think they're lying!

I want to believe them though. Whole style of this game screams me they can't be wrong or I will be very sad.

matmanx1

Well I definitely like the art and tone of the 3rd better than the 2nd. The story and characters as well as the small maps and unit caps really broke that game for me. It was too much of a departure from VC1 which I thought was fantastic. Here's hoping VC3 gets closer to what made VC1 so awesome.

ezekial45

Banned
matmanx1 said:
Well I definitely like the art and tone of the 3rd better than the 2nd. The story and characters as well as the small maps and unit caps really broke that game for me. It was too much of a departure from VC1 which I thought was fantastic. Here's hoping VC3 gets closer to what made VC1 so awesome.

Big maps will return in VC3. Along with big bosses.

Varion

Oops, didn't see the new scans.

No.56 - Dight - Former volunteer soldier that doesn't like getting involved with others. On the surface it seems like he was brought into the Nameless because of a breach of military law, but in fact he was just an uncooperative Darksen.
No.45 - Serge Libert - Former member of the regular army. He was recommended for military discharge for some reason, but applied to join the Nameless as he wanted to spend the rest of his life as a soldier.

Also:

Each chapter has a deployment map of sorts which takes the place of the school map in 2 and the storybook in the first game. You can choose where you want to go next on the map from the little icons, but there are also multiple routes that you can choose from, and which route you choose might have an influence on the story.

Also, definitely liking the cover.

Hamblasto

More Famitsu info (again from andriasang):

- Everyone in your squad is an Avan! Characters can freely switch between any of the five classes. However, some people may be better suited to a specific class.

- If I read it correctly, leveling up is no longer done by classes like in previous Valkyria games. Instead, the entire squad levels up as a whole, but you can distribute experience points to five different areas.

- You can now learn specific potentials. Something called a "Master Table" chart will apparently show you how to unlock a specific potential. (I hope they figure out a way to prevent making uber units capable of double movement and double attack. It just sounds like it would be way too broken.)

- Two new characters were also introduced: Fellius (Number 21) and Vallerie (Number 12). Fellius was sent to the Nameless for providing false info to his superiors. Former historian, Vallerie, is part of the Nameless for breaking the law during an investigation.

Oh, don't forget that the VCIII demo is scheduled to hit Japan's PSN next week! The store should have it by the 9th, and the VCIII site should have it by the 11th.

Hamblasto

SEGA held a press event (Pictures) for VCIII which was followed by a brief Q&A session with people on the internet and followers on Twitter(from Siliconera):

- Director Takeshi Ozawa on protagonist Kurt Irving: "He's cool-headed but at the same time, he has the feel of an ideologist. Kurt is a man of strong principles."

- Someone asked about the possibility of multiple endings, but they didn't give a clear answer.

- We will see what influences the ideals of the Gassenarls from VCII.

- Save data from the VC I, VCII and the upcoming VCIII demo will unlock content in final version of VCIII.

- Producer Shinji Motoyama on VCIII not on PS3: "He believes the method for Valkyria Chronicles development is to bring the game to the most optimum platform at the time, and to look beyond when producing a new game after that." (Yeah...)

- You'll be able to switch between Easy and Normal difficulties, just not in the middle of battle.

- No Hard mode. However, there are Hard missions.

- VCIII will have a Data Install option. 800MB.

Giolon

More stuff on Andriasang.com today's demo event:

Japanese players ask about PS3:

Andriasang.com said:
Expectedly, one of the big questions during the fan part of the Q&A was about possible future developments on PlayStation 3. Motoyama responded, "I personally don't have any likes or hates when it comes to hardware. I also understand that because the first Valkyria was released on PS3 players want another one on the system. However, when selecting platform, we have to make careful consideration, and with this, the reality was that we couldn't easily advance on the PS3. However, I want to say one thing: as developers we absolutely did not want to make a PS3 version that simply reused the materials and engine from part 1."

From elsewhere, even Selvaria's sad it's on PSP:

2rrmfyb.jpg

(it says "Valkyria Chronicles 3 is for PSP?!" with crying sounds)

Giolon

Andriasang's got new info:

So, the VC3 demo is out today on PSN. It will be released on the VC3 website on the 11, which makes it easy to grab w/o a Japanese PSN account.

May'n (Sheryl Nome's singing voice from Macross Frontier) will sing the game's opening theme song.

There will be a pair of VC3 OVAs and some Nendoroid figures (boo, give me 1/8-1/7 scale high quality Squad 7 figures!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom