• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP2 (Next Generation Portable) Announced, 2011, BC [Up3: Info In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

FoxSpirit said:
The more I think about the back touchpad the better it becomes. I didn't realise, but it's the same size as the front screen, so interaction is 1:1.

This means you can pretty freely hit a spot on the display tapping from the back pretty easily with little practice and won't have your hand cover the whole screen when you reach for the upper left. Brilliant.
it actually is such a smart design. i can't wait to see the games that use it in unique ways. i can imagine something like closing your item bag in a game by moving your finger horizontally across the back in sync with your thumb on the front as if your zipping up the top of your psp. little things like that could be pretty cool.

btkadams said:
it actually is such a smart design. i can't wait to see the games that use it in unique ways. i can imagine something like closing your item bag in a game by moving your finger horizontally across the back in sync with your thumb on the front as if your zipping up the top of your psp. little things like that could be pretty cool.
they'll have a game dedicated to goatse fans around the world.

androvsky

Considering Xbox 360 games are limited to around 6 GB, 4 GB doesn't sound too bad, especially since they shouldn't have to pre-render a bunch of cinema to cover loads. Unless, of course, these cards are terribly slow.

And while UMDs could hold up to 1.8 GB, that's for a dual-layer disc. It's 900 MB for single-layer games, which a lot are.

slider

phosphor112 said:
You spelled football wrong.

Dammit. That's from spending too much time on international GAF.

More on dev stuff is cool. I'm really glad about the reported ease of development. It'll be very interesting to see its launch line-up.

Zoibie

Raine said:
Are the top of the triggers black now or is that just the lighting?

I was thinking the same thing, I think it's just the lighting though.

Also, are those stick convex or concave? I've heard mixed reports and I can't tell from that.

daoster

1:57
Will be very intuitive. touch points on a 2D plane even though its in a 3D game.
1:57
Touchpad: Simultaneous touches on the same screen. Both front and back.
1:58
Damn my touchpad on my laptop. keeps hitting enter when i dont mean to,lol
1:59
Rear Touchpad: Can be used for a variety of actions- Crouching, Snipe, Map, Melee
1:59
Again emphasizing how intuitive it is. Seems like very natural using the touchpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom