• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVita cases revealed [Size Comparison To DS/PSP Cases]

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Kagari said:
398148788.jpg
Ah hell naw!

:(

Calcaneus

Linkzg said:
the best cases are the Japanese gamecube ones. super snug.

smaller would be better for vita games. just include digital manuals.
Totally, a friend of mine had an import gc game and I was surprised at how nice it looked.

If the actual game is so small, why the big box? Its silly and just wastes space.

Lunchbox said:
so much wasted plastic

they should be the size of cassette boxes from the 90s

mr6Ng.jpg
Yeah thats what I'm thinking, whats the point of having such a large box for a tiny little cart. If you have smaller boxes, you can have more games on the shelf which must be a good thing.

kadotsu

Banned
nincompoop said:
The game carts are physically a lot smaller than I realized. Do we know how much storage capcity they can hold?
Currently 4gig. But I bet we'll see 8gig in 18 and 16gig NVG cards in 36 months.

Yeah they're cool, the playstation network symbol in the top corner is interesting, uncharted doesn't have multiplayer as far as im aware so does that just mean it will be available on the network or have DLC?

hawt

At first glance, they look too much like a Blu-ray movie. I personally don't mind the blue, but a clear case would've been nice.

Gravijah

bangai-o said:
colored PSPs never arrived in the US. The only one that ever came was the God of War one that i recall.

We got Lilac or whatever with the Hannah Montana bundle, blue with the uhm... That one AR game. I think there was a green with Peace Walker? Might be missing a few.

bangai-o said:
colored PSPs never arrived in the US. The only one that ever came was the God of War one that i recall.
Nah, there was the blue Madden pack, the green MGS pack, and the silver 2000 (and 3000?).

Ainaurdur

That yellowish orange one... I'd buy on Day 1!

As for the game cases, hope they are slightly shorter than the PS3/BluRay cases.

emb

I like the way it looks, but that much extra space in there makes me worry about ending up with gimped 'eco-friendly' boxes later. Minimize the volume as much as you can, if it means you can keep holes out of my cases.

Then again, 3DS games have it too, and they have short and thin boxes. :(

Piggus

God damn you Sony. Always teasing us with cool colors. :( I would love a white Vita but there's no way they'll be anything but black at launch.

bangai-o said:
White Darth Vader
Blue Madden
Lilac Hannah Montana

There are more I'm forgetting

Cruzader

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Yeah they're cool, the playstation network symbol in the top corner is interesting, uncharted doesn't have multiplayer as far as im aware so does that just mean it will be available on the network or have DLC?
Means the game has some PSN functions, doesnt have to be online or DLC since the Vita now uses PSN for social stuff like chat or sent messages or NEAR functions which are prolly linked to PSN.

Im guessing all PSVita games will have the logo as all will have some basic PSN functions. Doesnt mean they will have online play though.

Top Bottom