• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVita cases revealed [Size Comparison To DS/PSP Cases]

LiK

why do Sony and Nintendo tease us with these colors and they never release most of them? Black and White, yay....

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Using the game cart size and this picture:

http://www.psvitahub.com/2011/08/ps-vita-games-will-be-stored-on-nvg.html

I was able to do a dirty size comparison. The cases are indeed small. If anyone has PSP dimensions, I'll add it:

casesizes.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm seriously gonna harass Sony on Twitter until they release rainbow Vitas.

That'll show'em.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Those cases are fucking class. Not concerned about the size at all. It means nice instruction manuals. =D

Jarmel

Banned
LiK said:
why do Sony and Nintendo tease us with these colors and they never release most of them? Black and White, yay....

It's weird it seems like they would pump out atleast two colors if not three for the Japanese launch but it seems to be only black.

LiK

Jarmel said:
It's weird it seems like they would pump out atleast two colors if not three for the Japanese launch but it seems to be only black.

they always hold them back to pimp sales. ex: rose DSi XL and pink 3DS that were announced recently. sigh....

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Why do companies ALWAYS cock tease us with colored options when theyknow damn well they have no intention of selling them.

"LOOK AT ALL THESE AWESOME COLOURS! YOU CAN ONLY HAVE BLACK"

Assholes.

neptunes

Jarmel said:
I think its easier (or cheaper) to manufacture one color at launch, than having multiple colours that they are unsure will sell.

Phenomic

I swear I think my sense of scale is off these last few weeks or something.

Without that comparison picture those Vita cases look absolutely huge. I would have easily thought they were the size of the Blu-Ray cases. Looking at the whole thread I guess I wasn't the only one, but that's super small compared to what I thought.

TheNiX said:
What does that even mean? "Oh, hey, just wanted to show you some colors. They're samples. Half of them will never exist."

They should really just let you order online from Sony and specify your color.

again, someone posted it earlier, but It's just samples. Maybe skins I guess? That wouldn't be a terrible road to go down.

you mean the 360 and PS3 case? those are the same width. height matters there and it's shown.

edit: the height of a Vita case seems to equal the width of a PS3/360 case.

I really liked the look of the case, but just thought it was too big. But, looking at Chubigans' comparison photo, and comparing to an actual PS3 game case in my hand, I LOVE it! It's basically a miniature Blu-ray case.

x3r0123

Router said:
Why do companies ALWAYS cock tease us with colored options when theyknow damn well they have no intention of selling them.

"LOOK AT ALL THESE AWESOME COLOURS! YOU CAN ONLY HAVE BLACK"

Assholes.

awesome colours only for japan

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
chubigans said:
Yeah, all I need is the height of a PSP case and I'll add that. Cant seem to find the dimensions online.
Then take them you fucking self! Don't you see what's riding on this?!?!?! MILLIONS KSJDFHKSJHFKDSJ

Ok I keed :p

chubigans said:
Yeah, all I need is the height of a PSP case and I'll add that. Cant seem to find the dimensions online.
Just measured one.

W = 4.125"
H = 7"

Stacked on top of a PS3 case, the PSP case is actually taller. PS3 case is only 6.75" H.

neptunes

chubigans said:
UMD game cases are roughly the same height as a PS3/blu-ray case. so I guess vita game case are the smallest out of them all.

It only looks big because the game card is so damn tiny

398148788.jpg

Top left PS Vita.... is that hot pink color?

Followed by:

Transformers Yellow
Red
Lime Green
Silver
Pacific Blue
Purple Raaaainnnn

I'm liking the Pacific Blue color.

It should be illegal to show colors you don't plan on releasing. ILLEGAL

Count me among those who like the cases but hate environmental waste. I feel so torn :(

Maybe Vita will reverse a decade of shrinking instruction manuals. Bring back the art of the great manual!

Acrylic7

LiquidMetal14 said:
I would only hope the US can see 1 or 2 schemes.

you know we wont :(

and why are those cases blue? Rather have clear .
not feeling the blue. Going to make custom Cover Art look werid in most cases

KnightAttack said:
again, someone posted it earlier, but It's just samples. Maybe skins I guess? That wouldn't be a terrible road to go down.
Sorry, my rage isn't directed at you. I think Skins would suffer the fate of faceplates. Too much of a hassle to get on and you might encounter issues with the back touchpad. It's really not hard for them to mass produce set colours and just offer ordering based on them.

If only all those colors were actual options. Why can't they sell these colors online or something.

The box should be smaller, but I get why it's big. It's more noticeable at that size.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think DS has the perfect size case for the SD card games. I'd prefer the original PSP ones over these too.

Akainu said:
ORANGE!!!! SO BOUGHT!!!!

I hope the color is a little darker.

edit: wait it's yellow?

hahaha you think that'll actually be released anytime soon? (bundles for some "yellow/orange" themed game not-withstanding)

Acrylic7

I guess Sony wants their games to POP OUT at retailers.

I'm not a fan of the blue

I don't mind the size. Holding a ps3 case in my hand, it doesn't seem very large at all. Just the right size for a booklet to fit into.

and purple for the win!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
George Claw M.D. said:
Just measured one.

W = 4.125"
H = 7"

Stacked on top of a PS3 case, the PSP case is actually taller. PS3 case is only 6.75" H.
Thanks! Here's the smaller case comparison:

casesizes2.jpg

Top Bottom