• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVita cases revealed [Size Comparison To DS/PSP Cases]

Lunchbox said:
so much wasted plastic

they should be the size of cassette boxes from the 90s

mr6Ng.jpg

N-Gage did it right.

bbbisrwwkkgrhqeokiueq3c.jpg

That red vita looks sexy.

The boxes themselves doesn't look that blue, besides being blue and pretty much looking like a Blu-ray case.

Eusis

White came with Assassin's Creed as well. Thankfully, because finally getting that here only to have Vader's mug silkscreened on the back was weak. Only ever got silver though.

Seriously hoping we see at least white here.

I really like those cases! I like the deep blue colour... though the cases do look fairly large.

And I don't see any issue with Blu-Ray cases and Vita cases causing confusion... they will be located at different sections at big box retailers (should be anyway...) and there generally aren't Blu-Ray movies sold at Gamestop and EB or any places like that. Regardless, I think people will be intelligent enough to discern the difference between the PSVITA on the top and a Blu-Ray case with a movie draping the cover.

Just make the cases smaller, Sony!

Phenomic

I like the blue cases, but I feel like you can run into confusion so easily with Blu-Ray. Maybe that's what they are going for though. Integration with the prestigious blu-ray line. Classier than DVD's being touted as the premium choice. That being said I don't think it's a bad color by any means.

Could uninformed customers look at the Blue Case with Uncharted on the Logo and think it's a HD Movie? I mean clearly it says Vita, but people don't pay attention to stuff.

Of course this could not be a problem at all just doing a little bit of thinking. They're big, they're bold, and they stand out on a shelf like the green Xbox 360 cases do.

Raistlin

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
god why blue, that's not confusing at all
My initial thought was the same ... though based on the cart, I'm pretty sure they're notably smaller.

Would have liked a different color though. Red like HD-DVD would have been hot.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
basik said:
I currently carry like 10 ds/3ds games in their boxes with me in my backpack to work everyday...
OK, I don't think portable gaming is for you.

Blueblur1 said:
All that plastic just to house a small proprietary memory stick. What a waste.
If the size of the box was representative of the size of the product, it would be a hard sell on the shelves.

It's the marketing equivalent of stuffing a pair of socks down your pants.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Awesome. Love the look of the cases. Do we know how tall and wide they are? I hope they're really slim.

And those Vita colors are hawt. I want white and lime green ones.

Zoe

darkside31337 said:
I wonder if these were intentionally made at that size for the purpose of being able to hold both a Vita game and a PS3 disc inside the same package.

Otherwise I don't get why it's so large either.

My thought as well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kagari said:
http://s1.proxy03.twitpic.com/photos/large/398148788.jpg
God damn, knowing that these will never be available for purchase makes me cry. I'd take any of those over black or white. :-(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hey, I'm in IGN news~

Eusis

Actually, if the Vita also came in a blue similar to that I wouldn't mind. I love blue, and while I don't think I'd care to have ALL my cases like that I'd kind of like the system matching the cases the games come in.

dallow_bg said:
Ah hell naw!

:(
My first reaction was "FUCK YOU, SONY!" because I know none of those will come over within the first year and I want that orange one, which is likely to never come over. Guess I'll have to pay a premium and wait for fucking ever to get my Vita.

Nirolak said:
I don't get why people complain about this.

Would you prefer they didn't credit their sources?

I'm not sure I consider "a poster at Neogaf" to be credit exactly, but I get your point.

Just seems kinda off to me, like using twitter links to "safely" show scans on their front page.

Kagari said:

Holy crap... I really want a lime green Vita! And if that isn't doable, the purple! Too bad they won't release those colours other than black for the time being.

The actual box for the Vita hardware looks beautiful! Great job, Sony!

Worthintendo said:
Yeah thats what I'm thinking, whats the point of having such a large box for a tiny little cart. If you have smaller boxes, you can have more games on the shelf which must be a good thing.

It could be much the same reason why Gamecube memory cards were sold in tiny cardboard boxes in Japan, but huge blister packs in the US: too easy to thieve. Could be things have changed enough in Japan to where this is a concern for shop clerks. But then again, I suppose they'll have the security tags on them.

Also, maybe they're thinking ahead to dual format PSV/PS3 releases in the future. Buy one copy of the game, get it in both formats. Although I guess a PSN voucher just makes more sense there...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Someone start an online petition ASAP. Bring rainbow Vitas to the masses!

Ellis Kim

Banned
Kuran said:
Holy....wow. Sexiest console hardware... No white though? I'm buying white.
...I read that as "sexist console hardware" and was like "What? Are you offended by the colors?" XD XD

I fully expect SCEA/SCEE to release a special tan or olive drab-colored PS Vita around the time that Call of Duty gets released for the system.

Top Bottom