• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

Is it just me or is playing this game in 2D is a little bit nauseating?

I rate this game a "worth the asking price but only if you're into quirky puzzle games" on my unique consumer-focused scale. How would you justify freaky forms, taking its price into account?

I'd justify it as "it's not for everyone, but if you like silly little games with customisation it should amuse you for a few hours".

I'm easily amused when it comes to character creation. But in terms of content it seems light.

found TONS of more QR codes. my pc is doing a site grab of all the photos. ill be back tomorrow with a zip/rar with everything i can find......im talking hundreds here.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
First attempt at making a level.

2QKm7.jpg

It's actually pretty tough. (at least it was for me)

Awesome puzzle. Took me about fifteen minutes of trying various things to figure it out. Bravo. :)

JoeFu

Banned
Just bought the game and beat the tutorial levels. Kinda liked it, downloaded that jumping Mario map on page two and had a blast. This game is awesome.

Lijik

Uggh on my way home right now. Seeing the explosion of puzzles in this thread is making the wait that much more unbearable!

@Panama Chief- I know this was eons ago relative to this thread but Mario Land 2 is definitely worth a playthrough if you like Mario platformers. Its a nice blend of well made platforming stages and kinda quirky ideas/aesthetics reminiscent of the Wario games

sfried

Strange how typical Nintendo complaints like hand holding, tutorial, kiddy game, simplistic controls, 3D are not mentioned in the review.
Hand holding? Never. This game has a tutorial, but on the puzzles you're on your own.

Kiddy? Fuck that shit. The puzzles here are serious stuff. Simplistic controls? Why not mention Mario 3D Land while you're at it? 3D was definitely mentioned, but I have to say unlike other titles, the 3D is usefull, subtle and unintrusive.

Effect

Looking forward to picking this up next week when I have a bit more room in the budget. There is sales tax (live in Pennsylvania) with purchases in the eShop right? This will be my first time making a purchase since I don't have to actually fill up the wallet now. So it isn't just going to be $6.99 correct?

Looking forward to picking this up next week when I have a bit more room in the budget. There is sales tax (live in Pennsylvania) with purchases in the eShop right? This will be my first time making a purchase since I don't have to actually fill up the wallet now. So it isn't just going to be $6.99 correct?

There is if you put in an unlucky zip code. I don't pay taxes on the eShop.

krpiper

This is so awesome.

Strangely enough I hated Catherine's style of puzzles. Maybe its cause this is less laid back, and just "more fun"

sfried

Woo! Jools! Never expected to see you around here.

Are you guys at Renegade Kid coinciding with Mighty Switch Force? 'Cause you guys will be taking my money along with Wayforward's latest offering (that delicious Jake Kaufman music is too irresistable).

Bullza2o

This is the very first time I've bought a downloadable game on any videogame's online store, and I'm sure it's really worth it!

Mik2121

Here's one I made back when I got the app on the Japanese eShop. I cared more about it being playable rather than just making a normal sprite though.

1SooM.jpg

Browsing the eShop today I realized this was being called Pushmo in the US, not Pullblox. I had assumed we were getting the usual lame American renaming (Pullblox) (didn't read the OT...), but I'm glad I was wrong. I love the adorable Mallo character, and would like to see him expanded a bit in gameplay styles so he doesn't fade away like all those other puzzle-focused character inventions:

Q-bert_Poster.png
220px-Kwirk_Cover.png

At least a Smash Bros. appearance.

Morokh

Was playing some of the 3 star level last night and got a little stuck while playing in 2d to see the difference, I then put the 3D back on and the solution just came clear xD
That was pretty fun :p

Nice addictive little game.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Intelligent Systems are genius, just like that they create one of the best puzzle game ever.

This is a really really good puzzle game.

I'm thinking fans of Guru Logic Champ, Picross and that kind of stuff will really enjoy this. So good. Was just going to do one single puzzle this morning, ended up doing one chapter. And the art and sounds is adorable, really loving the 8-bit nods in the music.

So far I'm enjoying the more logical brain twisters a lot more than the pixel-art levels, some of them feel a bit random.

watershed

Banned
I played until the battery on my 3ds ran dry. Good thing too as that's the only thing that could make me take a break. Addictive indeed.

BooJoh

Man these start getting really tricky past 100. I'm on the first set of large puzzles and some of them are really racking my brain.

CoolS

Haha, this one made me go :lol

This is a really really good puzzle game.

I'm thinking fans of Guru Logic Champ, Picross and that kind of stuff will really enjoy this. So good. Was just going to do one single puzzle this morning, ended up doing one chapter. And the art and sounds is adorable, really loving the 8-bit nods in the music.

So far I'm enjoying the more logical brain twisters a lot more than the pixel-art levels, some of them feel a bit random.
I sort of agree with you but the pixel art is so much more fun to look at. There have been a couple of custom GAF ones which combined the best of both worlds though, which gives me hope for the fututre :)

Okay. I have seen enough, downloading it now...
I...must have this. That gameplay video is awesome!
Just bought it. The game wasn't on my radar, but after reading this thread and seeing all those awesome custom levels, i had to get it.

Great to see that this thread is getting people to buy the game. It's awesome!

Great video review for anyone on the fence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btHRtov0ooM

Yeah, I think I'll add this to the OP as well, it does a really good job on selling someone on the game.

OP has also be updated with more GAF created content :)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Aww, I hope I can find some eShop cards somewhere today. :(

I was in the same position last night, but Maximumcards had $20 cards and sent me the code instantly. It's not as convenient as adding exact funds, but beats "nothing" which is basically the only alternative due to my location.

CoolS

I'll do this post to gather the non GAF stuff that people found on the internet. Will keep it updated of course!

Be sure to also check out post #150 with a lot of awesome pixelart!

Found some absolutely classic levels on the Japanese Forum.

559.jpg

478.jpg

520.jpg

506.jpg

548.jpg

489.jpg

485.jpg

97.jpg

167.jpg

69.jpg

Enjoy!

I've got no room left to scan levels in, I guess I need to play them to make some room.

I was in the same position last night, but Maximumcards had $20 cards and sent me the code instantly. It's not as convenient as adding exact funds, but beats "nothing" which is basically the only alternative due to my location.

I would gladly buy from there, but I need a card for Europe. :I

/edit/ Goddammit I want this game.

watershed

Banned
I have a question for those who are further in the game. I tried to scan one of the Japanese QR codes earlier and it said I couldn't do this puzzle yet or something? Does that mean I have to play through the normal levels more first or something?

@MUWANdo

Banned
I have a question for those who are further in the game. I tried to scan one of the Japanese QR codes earlier and it said I couldn't do this puzzle yet or something? Does that mean I have to play through the normal levels more first or something?

Pretty much, yeah. Certain features in the editor need to be unlocked before you can use them, or play custom levels that use them.

CoolS

You unlock ladders and switches with the beginning of world 5 (the second tutorial) and the bigger 32x32 canvas after you beat level 109

Sinthetic

I got into bed at 3am and couldn't sleep till about 4 because a big part of me wanted to get up and tackle some brainteasers in Pullblox. That's good in my book.

I actually like Pullblox as much as Pushmo, they both have their merits.

CoolS

I got into bed at 3am and couldn't sleep till about 4 because a big part of me wanted to get up and tackle some brainteasers in Pullblox. That's good in my book.

I actually like Pullblox as much as Pushmo, they both have their merits.

And to think that you weren't sure at all if you would like it :) I'm still surprised that it's that good.

Top Bottom