• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

bzd3s4p4wmrpexydz.jpg

Yay, Gamestop of all places carries these cards.

Sinthetic

And to think that you weren't sure at all if you would like it :) I'm still surprised that it's that good.

Honestly mate, I was apprehensive about it because I'm so bad at puzzles, but the style is way too charming. It's one of those puzzlers where you don't mind being stuck because you know that if you keep at it, you will get it done.

The quantity alone makes it worth at least double what it's going for on the store!

Roth

Banned
I haven't seen a Donkey Kong one yet, so here's one I made. It's my first Pushmo puzzle.

HNI_0052.jpg

and here's a simpler version for those still early in the game:
HNI_0053.jpg

// Roth

isny

napkin dispenser
Through 54. Can't believe you need 109 to unlock the next version of the editor. I think ima hold out and take it slowly now though, don't want to spoil the fun =D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
does the game have multiple save slots, like mario? My 3DS gets used by my son and so multiple saves would stop him spoiling my level progression..

Yes it is, so this one is the awesome one?

The one dd 3DS game i wait for the most is the Rolling Western, but this was a second close.
Plenty of little interesting Nintendo titles.

I played 2 hours of Freakyforms and put it down. The art style, aesthetic and music were a major turn off. So far, this game is amazing.

Wizpig

I played 2 hours of Freakyforms and put it down. The art style, aesthetic and music were a major turn off. So far, this game is amazing.
The music in the trailer (the trailer! from the eShop! same music in loop for 20 minutes, way to sell a product) is what turned me off purchasing Freakyforms unfortunately.

That and the fact that i don't like the idea of Spore-like games a lot.

Lijik

This game is great! I played through the tutorial and a bit of the first world last night and made a stage. It was supposed to be a character of mine but it came out pretty bad so I just made it funky colors. I made another stage this morning too! Making them based off of things is really fun because its kind of a puzzle itself. I think I'm gonna wait till I've fully unlocked everything in the studio to start making proper brain teasers
tumblr_lvy6rp7xgo1qejutxo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lvy6rp7xgo1qejutxo2_400.jpg

That Artoon/Ubisoft game Cubic Ninja does it, too, but it's not worth talking about.

I haven't played too much of Cubic Ninja but I thought what I played was pretty fun for the ten bucks I spent on it. Honestly should have been an eshop title like this and Freaky Forms.

Argh can somebody help?

I just got this game but it won't play on my 3DS. It will load to the main menu where you can choose to do the tutorial or first level but whichever one I pick the screen goes to black... and just remains black. Nothing. I thought there might be something wrong with the game but it doesn't look like it's happening to anyone else so far that I've read in this thread.

Every other game I have works fine. I hope my 3DS isn't breaking. So much woe. I'll try re-downloading.

EDIT: Didn't work :/

CoolS

Argh can somebody help?

I just got this game but it won't play on my 3DS. It will load to the main menu where you can choose to do the tutorial or first level but whichever one I pick the screen goes to black... and just remains black. Nothing. I thought there might be something wrong with the game but it doesn't look like it's happening to anyone else so far that I've read in this thread.

Every other game I have works fine. I hope my 3DS isn't breaking. So much woe. I'll try re-downloading.

I would have recommended re-downlloading as well but sadly I see it didn't work. Never heard of something like this before. Maybe try a different SD card?

Sinthetic

Argh can somebody help?

Really sad to hear about that, very weird issue indeed! Did you get the recent firmware update?

I would have recommended re-downlloading as well but sadly I see it didn't work. Never heard of something like this before. Maybe try a different SD card?

The first time I try to play, it goes through the intro sequence to the the title screen and then when I press 'A' to clear, it goes to black and stops. But when I play it again it goes straight to the menu screen with the tutorial/first level and when I choose one or the other it goes to black and stops. So it's like... the game is fully there, but for some reason every time it goes to black something is preventing it from loading the next part.

BTW every time it goes to black the 3DS basically crashes. I have to hold the power button down for ages to get it to switch off completely and then hold it again to bring it back to life.

I'll try a different SD card!

EDIT: Yep, Sinthetic, got the recent update. If a different SD card doesn't fix the issue I'll look into whether there is an issue with the update.

Maybe your SD card is corrupted? Try a different one. If you don't have another, backup everything on your pc, then reformat it. After that put the card back and redownload the game. Maybe that works for you.

Alrus

And I found the first puzzle I have absolutely no idea how to solve (number 158, the piranha plant). 30 minutes spent doing things over to check if I made a mistake but I don't see any :/

Edit: Nvm found it, I feel stupid because it was pretty easy in the end >.>

pramath

Banned
Holy shit this game is awesome. I might end up playing this more than Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, and that is saying a LOT.

Question.

Does using one of those QR codes for this game store the puzzle on your game, or does it erase as soon I do another QR Code puzzle? I'd like to take a punch of these designs and store them for future use.

CoolS

Question.

Does using one of those QR codes for this game store the puzzle on your game, or does it erase as soon I do another QR Code puzzle? I'd like to take a punch of these designs and store them for future use.

Yes, when you scan or create a puzzle, it's stored in your game. You can do that with up to 90 puzzles before you have to delete old ones.

All this praise made me buy the game, I don't know if i'm more surprised at the game itself or the fact that I could simply add funds up to the required amount for purchasing the game.

Now if they would just do weekly deals i'd be using the e-shop much more.

this. theres nothing enticing about the eshop. if i didnt pick up a game on there its usually the price point. if nintendo can figure out a way to put these games on sale, they'd have a lot more of my money.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm gonna buy the game in a day or two. knowing me I'll probably end up making a yoshi sprite. what color do you guys want?

edit: if possible I can try to make a rainbow yoshi.

Top Bottom