• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

Lijik

Am I the only one who thinks this game is perfectly playable with the 3D off?
Granted some people thought Mario was impossible with 3D off and I dont get them either.

I think the 3D is the best on the system for sure, but when I play it in 2D the game doesnt become magically unplayable.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Am I the only one who thinks this game is perfectly playable with the 3D off?
Granted some people thought Mario was impossible with 3D off and I dont get them either.

I think the 3D is the best on the system for sure, but when I play it in 2D the game doesnt become magically unplayable.
It looks bad in 2D, and it may not be unplayable but it's less playable.

C'mon GaF...less talk, more puzzles.

59sMf.jpg

i still havent upgraded my studio. :(

Ridley327

I'm testing the MissingNo puzzle I was able to mostly do (hope no one minds that it's decapitated!) and I'm making the game slow down with all of the blocks.

abasm

rofqR.jpg

Placing the flag at the top made things a bit too easy. It's a little less straight-forward this way. Have fun!

ShinNL

Woah woah, I saw the game being promoted in the Notification tab but I thought: mehhh.

But this thread changed my mind big time :O

Gotta get me some eShop money :O

Lijik

It looks bad in 2D, and it may not be unplayable but it's less playable.

I dont think it looks bad at all and if its less playable its not by a major amount

But I suppose "This game is substantially worse and almost unplayable in 2D!" is going to be expressed in threads for any 3DS game that has well done 3D so Ill just drop it.

abasm

I do like how the game will let you place the flag wherever you like, but won't let you share the level until you've PROVEN it can be solved. (It's pretty hard to make an unsolvable puzzle, though.)

I do like how the game will let you place the flag wherever you like, but won't let you share the level until you've PROVEN it can be solved. (It's pretty hard to make an unsolvable puzzle, though.)

thats the best part. even if youre sliding, pushing and pulling for an hour, if you find a solution, you can share. great way to keep the game fair. as soon as i unlock my 32x32 grid im going heavy into NES sprites. prepare yourself GAF!!

Just played this. It's really good! Negotiating the big white space in the middle is tricky.

yours was just as tricky. most puzzle are a direct walk to the flag......yours presented a "set up". loved it. with they had an online system with a rating.

This game looks awesome but for $7 it doesn't seem worth it. Someone, convince me.

if all the praise in this topic hasnt garnered your reaction, im not sure more words will. the game has infinite gameplay and a GAF community thats active. i know ill be making as many puzzles that havent been done as possible.

Doomboy

Neo Member
I'm not very good at this game, but it's beautiful!

Have this puzzle -

arSRE.jpg

It's pretty simple but I think it turned out quite well, and hopefully you won't be able to work it out instantly.

BooJoh

This game looks awesome but for $7 it doesn't seem worth it. Someone, convince me.

I'm having trouble getting myself to play Mario Kart because I keep wanting to go back to Pushmo. Plus this is the first game where I've felt like creating custom levels can be as much fun as the rest of the game because you kinda have to play them as you go and decide what you need to add to make it beatable without being too easy.

Ridley327

4oEj9.jpg

Didn't want to leave the job unfinished. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out how naughty I've been when it came to designing this map. I had a lot of fun making this one.

CoolS

I'm having trouble getting myself to play Mario Kart because I keep wanting to go back to Pushmo. Plus this is the first game where I've felt like creating custom levels can be as much fun as the rest of the game because you kinda have to play them as you go and decide what you need to add to make it beatable without being too easy.

This is very important. It's so much fun to go in there and test it, make some changes and jump back in to see what is does and if it makes the puzzle better/worse.

abasm

This is very important. It's so much fun to go in there and test it, make some changes and jump back in to see what is does and if it makes the puzzle better/worse.

Yeah, and you can make puzzles strictly for "design", trying to make the traversal of the puzzle as challenging/interesting as possible, or attempt to draw that design out of a sprite-style representation. A lot of fun can be had figuring out to "scale" classic gaming sprites--I'd liken it to an Audiosurf course you can adjust on the fly.

Roto13

I had a lot of fun making my Megaman level playable. There are enough tools to be able to make a sprite like that playable without having to butcher the sprite itself. Figuring out how to convert an image into a puzzle is a puzzle in itself. :p

Damn Nintendo and not having eShop cards in Canada.

Apparently they exist in Canada now, though tracking them down probably won't be easy at this point.

vitacola

I literally got sick when I played through an entire level with the 3D off. The camera angle and FOV are purposely trying to screw everyone playing this in 2D lol.
The same happened to me when I was playing. It just didn't feel right and my eyes were a little bit "overwhelmed" :D

I have a review on my channel as well, if anyone wants a second opinion or anything :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6q_S8lMrv8
You have to ask your gf if you want to download a game for the 3DS? Tough regime! :D

BalrogTheMaster

Neo Member
The same happened to me when I was playing. It just didn't feel right and my eyes were a little bit "overwhelmed" :D

You have to ask your gf if you want to download a game for the 3DS? Tough regime! :D

LOL, it was because i didn't have enough money! She gave me $5 for the rest of the funds :)

Wizpig

Sometimes i think about money.

I paid €6 for this, and it's shaping up to be the puzzle game of the year.
I paid about €35 for something like Steel Diver because it was retail.

Jesus, Nintendo.
And yeah, i am the stupid one.

(Pullblox so good, etc.)

Berordn

Just grabbed this myself and made it through the first two worlds. Holy crap, this game is adorable. Tutorial was a bit too long, but that's over at least. How long does it take for me to get this mythical larger grid? I was messing around with the design studio and it's fun, though it doesn't let me do much yet.

Just grabbed this myself and made it through the first two worlds. Holy crap, this game is adorable. Tutorial was a bit too long, but that's over at least. How long does it take for me to get this mythical larger grid? I was messing around with the design studio and it's fun, though it doesn't let me do much yet.

felt like it took forever. if i didnt know it existed, i wouldve been happier. not only do you have to pass a 15 stage tutorial on switches and ladders, you have to beat 15 more levels afterwards to test your mettle.

Berordn

felt like it took forever. if i didnt know it existed, i wouldve been happier. not only do you have to pass a 15 stage tutorial on switches and ladders, you have to beat 15 more levels afterwards to test your mettle.

Bleh, there's more? At least it's still adorable right now.

Lijik

i love the game. but i wouldve loved having all the tools and tutorials taken care of early. im a builder...i want to build!!!

I felt the same way about Freaky Forms being OBNOXIOUSLY SLOW doling out of creation tools.
It luckily wasn't as bad as having to play half of the game to get bigger stages, but for people who want to dive in and start creating its such a hindrance.

BalrogTheMaster

Neo Member

Yeah, that old man would not shut up! I understand him telling me the rules, but GEEZ, you don't have to tell me a second time when I'm actually doing it. Talk about tedious.

web01

Finished Murals 1 last night this game is pretty damn good.
Sometimes though the solutions are so simple yet I always over think the solutions
getting stuck on a puzzle.

Damn you CoolS. Your thread made me buy this game and I can see myself spending hours on this game. (I already had Picross 3D as one of my puzzle game time sinks, I didn't need another one. -_-)

I can't beat anything after puzzle 66. I feel beyond stupid.

Somebody please explicitly state how to clear 67 in the hope it'll teach me to not be rubbish, thx.

BooJoh

I can't beat anything after puzzle 66. I feel beyond stupid.

Somebody please explicitly state how to clear 67 in the hope it'll teach me to not be rubbish, thx.

Pull the bottom blue one all the way out, then pull pink out two, then white out one. Now push pink all the way back in, and pull white out all the way from the left side. Pink out one, top blue out two.

Top Bottom