• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

razterik

Are the co-op dungeons harder than the normal dungeons, or will I be fine soloing them?

The alt techs are definitely harder than the old versions, due to some floors spawning multiple preemptive hits. Not sure which version we got yet, but a triple spawn can oneshot most teams. (edit: Yeah, we got the harder hitting version, can be up to 45k. This gets nerfed eventually.)

The 40 stamina Rogue dungeons and 66 stamina Rush dungeons are the old normal versions. The ones that cost more have extra floors with a greater difficulty and boosted monster stats.

ZeroAKA

Joined the Line and Discord groups. Discord's lack of a native iPad app is a bummer though because I mostly play on my iPad.

Bladelaw

Note to self: Don't buy a coin dungeon if It'll put you in the poor house coin wise.

So many evolutions to do and so very little coin to do it with.

raiot

While in a coop dungeon you cant switch apps, so playing on Ipad and chatting on iphone is perfectly fine :)

raiot

Note to self: Don't buy a coin dungeon if It'll put you in the poor house coin wise.

So many evolutions to do and so very little coin to do it with.

If you're coin starved, use the PEM machine, there is dragon carnival going and just sell the gold ones. instant millionaire!

seady

Wow this big update came pretty close after the Japanese version update. Hopefully the US version picks up the pace.

The 3 minutes stamina just came to the Japanese version like 3 weeks ago

Quantum

Wow this big update came pretty close after the Japanese version update. Hopefully the US version picks up the pace.

The 3 minutes stamina just came to the Japanese version like 3 weeks ago

Likely has to do with decreased revenues, not as easy to string the EU/US along with increased competition and slowing adoption. The 3 min stamina is to keep you coming back to play more often (it works).

With the recent problems I've read about I'm much less likely to spend money until a proper account system is set up. I don't like the idea of me loosing an account so easily with the shitty customer support that exists now.

I can't join discord yet.

Anyone want to try their luck at zaerog co-op? Just to complete it? A shiva, A Bastet or A Sakuya. I think shiva or Sakuya is our best bet though...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So you can join Discord voice chat and then load up PAD. You can then talk while running the dungeon that way. That's super awesome. May be useful when running the really really tough stuff.

Great day in PAD. Patch was awesome, caught descended carnival on my lunch break and got the Zhou Yu I needed for A. Sakuya. I've got a pretty good Dark A. Sakuya team potentially, but it needs a ton of work (DKali x2, A. Yomi, DIza). Going to be a good opportunity to improve my skills though, since I've never ran a color match lead, or combo really.

I feel like the only thing that could make Z8 more stressful is having someone else watch me attempt floor 9....

That said I can try later. I'm low on stamina atm.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For anyone interested...

I talked to myself off wifi on Discord for 10 minutes. So data was being sent out I think? Whatever the case, I went from 4.87MB data usage to 7.96MB data usage. I want to test it out later with someone else sending/receiving voice data. More just trying to get a feel of what the situation will be like for cases where you aren't able to get on wifi (traveling or whatever).

hermit7

Coop is fun but man is the code system aggravating. I wish there was a static room that you could enter and invite and then piggyback off that until the session is over. That is probably my only complaint.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Had no time for coop yet but i beat Challenge 6 and 8 today with Sakuya....just launched them quick because i needed to burn Stamina, wprked out fine though.

Also Awoken Astaroth and Parvati are quite nice so far - while Lakshmi is a bit of a let down, then again i dont have the best or + subbed. Dont see her outshining Sumire for me.

Edit:
Also had great skillup luck on my second Verdandi. 1/14 ..... this game lol

I had 19 Green Trifruits...

My first hypermaxed unit \o/.
First one was sklv 2 and I used 2/5 & 2/5.
Second one was sklv 1 and I used 1/5 & 2/4.

Congrats man - the Journey is over :-D

razterik

Lakshmi is ridiculously strong after her buff.

I feel like the only thing that could make Z8 more stressful is having someone else watch me attempt floor 9....

That said I can try later. I'm low on stamina atm.

I haven't attempted it myself, but I'm fairly certain you can mostly bypass floor 9 by passing to the second player if they have appropriate subs. Skill delay should only affect the active team members when it hits.

Bladelaw

So aside from starting a Farmer's market what can I do with all these Blue tri fruits?

No Skuld yet but they're theoretically rare enough to stockpile.

Why I can't get a red or green to drop is anyone's guess.

Rixa

Had no time for coop yet but i beat Challenge 6 and 8 today with Sakuya....just launched them quick because i needed to burn Stamina, wprked out fine though.

Also Awoken Astaroth and Parvati are quite nice so far - while Lakshmi is a bit of a let down, then again i dont have the best or + subbed. Dont see her outshining Sumire for me.

Edit:

Congrats man - the Journey is over :-D

Lakshmi is ridiculously strong after her buff.
Yeah it is, didnt have I & I skill up. 3k Autoheal + nice rcv and well the damage.
Screenshot_2016-02-04-20-59-15.png
Combo of 5.

Mixed2k

Okay guys what is a good way to see if a dungeon is within my "power" range? I see all these special dungeons, some are very easy, others 1-shot me and it's quite frustrating.

Anyhow, in order to evolve my starter, I&I , I need a Keeper of Rainbow which apparently shows up during "Evo mats unite" dungeon that is coming out soon.
The thing is, I check the pdx site and the monsters have 9999 atk, what in the world.
Is this wrong info on the site or I'm not supposed to evolve (the very first evolution) her until vey very late into the game?

Also one very important thing. A fellow pal here on the thread said I&I is a decent starter, another said not that much. Apparently she's good after awakening, however I see guys saying something of the sort "after more than a year I awakened Idunna".
Should I just forget it and start over on the next godfest? Keep her and hog stones and try something else?

Honestly I don't even know why I keep playing this damn gacha game, it's dumb how I got to keep looking at external sites to see what's coming up. But god dammit this schemes are keeping me addicted and the general gameplay is so good. I can't leave now :(

coy

Joined the Discord group.

I am quite pleased with this update as it brought many of the things I wanted, namely monster buffs (especially Parvati and Haku) and unevolved fairy/bowl/chaser skillups. Even with Awoken Pandora being announced, I held onto 19 fairies to skill her up in the interim and fortunately am 1 away from max.

I'll be on the lookout for co-op stuff later when my kid isn't being a brat.

Okay guys what is a good way to see if a dungeon is within my "power" range? I see all these special dungeons, some are very easy, others 1-shot me and it's quite frustrating.

Anyhow, in order to evolve my starter, I&I , I need a Keeper of Rainbow which apparently shows up during "Evo mats unite" dungeon that is coming out soon.
The thing is, I check the pdx site and the monsters have 9999 atk, what in the world.
Is this wrong info on the site or I'm not supposed to evolve (the very first evolution) her until vey very late into the game?

Also one very important thing. A fellow pal here on the thread said I&I is a decent starter, another said not that much. Apparently she's good after awakening, however I see guys saying something of the sort "after more than a year I awakened Idunna".
Should I just forget it and start over on the next godfest? Keep her and hog stones and try something else?

Honestly I don't even know why I keep playing this damn gacha game, it's dumb how I got to keep looking at external sites to see what's coming up. But god dammit this schemes are keeping me addicted and the general gameplay is so good. I can't leave now :(

To know if you can complete a specific dungeon, the simple answer is experience. However, you can go into Endless Corridors to see how much damage output your team is capable of. Use that information alongside sites like padx to assess your team's ability to take down that floor.

For Keeper of Rainbow, he is available every Tuesday for 30 stamina an attempt. He has ~900k HP but you get something like 5 turns to take him out. If you have Echidna or someone else that can delay KoR to give you extra turns, bring it.

For I&I, I say keep her since you've already started stockpiling stones. You can use the time to gather more stones or practice. Then, roll on the next godfest and see what the results are. If you are dissatisfied, then go ahead and reroll. Awoken I&I when paired with Ryune can take down late-game dungeons but requires some REM subs to better the odds.

Depending on how often you play, awakening monsters should not take a year. With some luck in the PAL machine, you might get some of the harder to acquire mats. Also, Awoken monsters require 2 descended dungeon drops as mats. If you stick with I&I, she has one very early descend drop in Hera as an evo mat which makes her much easier to awaken. From here, it depends on your ability to take down Aegir dungeon.

Awoken I&I is a relatively new monster. Some enemies like rainbow keepers have high attacks that will 1 hit kill you, but you have 5 turns to kill it. Rainbow keepers has his own dungeon on tuesday that isn't too difficult, but might be a little past you. Save all of your pal points until there's an evolution materials, which is like every couple weeks. That's the best way to get jewels and keepers when you're just starting.

You're going to fail a lot of dungeons, but you'll start to learn what your team is capable of and what you're not. Just keep pounding away in normal and technical dungeons and don't worry about descends until you have a team that's ready for them. With 3 min stamina now, it's a great time to be just starting out.

Rixa

I think A.Yomi has broken me because i look at that screen and think "lol none of them are doing over 2m damage"

Hehee, no wonder :p
Anyways I can offer few excuses.

- I&I is around 65 level
- Most plused mob is A.O. with whopping +40
- Majority of A.O. pluses are in HP section
- Iam a poor comboer.

darksagus

Fellow beginner here, Ill help out a little. Generally, if a dungeon is 50+ stm, it's gonna be pretty difficult, especially for a beginner with weaker monsters. You can reliably get Keeper of the Rainbows from the tuesday dungeon, or evo materials unite if your on when that shows up. The 9999 attack guys will take 4 or 5 turns to hit so you should be able to kill them before that or have over 9999 hp.

Goldrush

Going back to the Ama discussion a few posts back, I have been saving all the Yatagarasu since I started playing years back for when I eventually pull an Ama. Now I realize that with the new Yata, Awoken Ama changed skills. So is it pretty much safe for me to consider my pile of Yata useless and feed it away for experience?

One of the biggest fault of the game to me is that relying on another site is a near requirement of the game. They did implement QoL improvement before with the Evolution menu so maybe we'll eventually see stuff like a countdown for scheduled dungeons, popups that would show other monsters that shares skills, different evolution paths, etc.

Going back to the Ama discussion a few posts back, I have been saving all the Yatagarasu since I started playing years back for when I eventually pull an Ama. Now I realize that with the new Yata, Awoken Ama changed skills. So is it pretty much safe for me to consider my pile of Yata useless and feed it away for experience?

One of the biggest fault of the game to me is that relying on another site is a near requirement of the game. They did implement QoL improvement before with the Evolution menu so maybe we'll eventually see stuff like a countdown for scheduled dungeons, popups that would show other monsters that shares skills, different evolution paths, etc.

I think you can feed them, unless you have a spare Ama you want to keep in a different form instead of awoken.

Hehee, no wonder :p
Anyways I can offer few excuses.

- I&I is around 65 level
- Most plused mob is A.O. with whopping +40
- Majority of A.O. pluses are in HP section
- Iam a poor comboer.
That kind of damage would have been quite fine on my old A.Shiva anchor. Newer dungeons keep demanding more out of my teams though.

Monster Strike publishes full schedules for everything and has a good number of QOL improvements, so if GungHo keeps chasing after that 1st place crown maybe we'll get something... a year down the line?

Kyuur

In general they are labelled, hardest to easiest:

Mythical-Plus > Legend-Plus > Mythical > Legend > Master > Expert > *

The idea with the evolution materials with high attack is that if you focus them enough you can kill them before they get a hit off. It helps to have monsters with sub-elements so they can hit twice against their high defense. You can also bring a delay like Echidna to save your ass when there are multiple monsters attacking at the same time. There are other strategies you can use at low levels to get them too (look up 'Zombie' teams) that basically utilize the ability to survive a killing hit above certain HP points. You can get all of the Expert level materials this way, including Rainbow Keeper.

Also, if you find a Ryune buddy (who you would want to pair I&I with at all times) you should quite easily be able to get over 9999 health to be able to tank a single hit, or simply burst them down with some two-prong attacks (match 4 orbs).

Otherwise you can just wait for the PAL Egg Machine to switch to evolution materials and pray.

Managed 1.9% (~127k points) on the ranking dungeon with AShiva. Should keep me in the top 10%. I'd love the crown, but my run was pretty much ideal, and I don't know how much I could improve.

jay23

Managed 1.9% (~127k points) on the ranking dungeon with AShiva. Should keep me in the top 10%. I'd love the crown, but my run was pretty much ideal, and I don't know how much I could improve.

What's sub's did u use? I see people using verdandi or liu bei for the siren floor.

What's sub's did u use? I see people using verdandi or liu bei for the siren floor.
Yeah Verdandi was helpful against siren. I think I matched 2 greens on that floor. Specific subs don't really matter. Just sort your red box by ATK and pick the two highest. Then add a 5-turn orb changer and your highest attack G/R monster. Then it all comes down to skill/RNG.

hermit7

Played a bit of coop today and think that it is a refreshing update.

I wish however that rooms were static and you could invite someone to one and then pony off dungeons until either of you wants to quit out. the current need for new room numbers every dungeon is OK, but takes too long I think to coordinate without other apps. Wish you could invite a friend to a room through the game.

Rixa

Yeah Verdandi was helpful against siren. I think I matched 2 greens on that floor. Specific subs don't really matter. Just sort your red box by ATK and pick the two highest. Then add a 5-turn orb changer and your highest attack G/R monster. Then it all comes down to skill/RNG.

^^ Thanks for the tips, switched Verdandi and one shotted Siren. I forgot to use skills before boss wave where I used Verdandi, I have so much room for improve the score and going to try to do it.
Iam surprised how good damage I did without awoken skills.

ZombAid82

Edit:

Tell me about it!
I got 2/15 for my Verdandi, I could rage all over this fucking game.
Yesterday I went farming again for those stupid dragonfruit's but of course the only drops I got were fucking blue and red!!!
Really hoped that I get one at least at Max S.Level....

But I'm pretty happy about 3 min stamina and about my new Blonia.

At the last godfest I got 2(!) Thor's, sold one and i'm waiting for a Indigo to get him to awoken status.
Also got a hathor.
Is she any good, or is my sakuya a better option out of these two?
Can I sell her?

I had 19 Green Trifruits...

My first hypermaxed unit \o/.
First one was sklv 2 and I used 2/5 & 2/5.
Second one was sklv 1 and I used 1/5 & 2/4.

Lucky you!

Managed to clear the Cauchemar tournament but it was ugly. -23000 points due to time. I'm just happy for the tama and the stone.

Used Verdandi (HP), Perseus, Vishnu, Xmas Alraune, Friend Bastet.

I went 2/3 on my Verd skill ups too. Just two more ranks to go.

Do I have you as a friend?
I have an almost hypermaxed Verdandi and a pretty good bastet for you.

Top Bottom