• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jonsoncao

Banned
LOL the lack a God-type 5 turn orb changer and plus eggs is really killing my chance to reach to top 1%.
20 something stones later still can't break 130k barrier (start with 14X stones at the beginning of this event, only 123 left now).

xAvLPT2.png

JNx5tTR.png

Bladelaw

I finally cleared the first Endless Corridors!

So I've been steam rolling these descends and I'm picking up a lot of "stuff" that may or may not be useful.

I'm only missing Tengu and Xuanzang for Awoken Haku and Awoken Tsukiyomi and their specific dungeons are a problem as I don't have teams for either dungeon.

Should I wait for the appropriate carnival to show up or should I bite the bullet and level up some low cost monsters? If the latter what makes for good farmable teams to clear those descends?

Kyu

Neo Member
I finally cleared the first Endless Corridors!

So I've been steam rolling these descends and I'm picking up a lot of "stuff" that may or may not be useful.

I'm only missing Tengu and Xuanzang for Awoken Haku and Awoken Tsukiyomi and their specific dungeons are a problem as I don't have teams for either dungeon.

Should I wait for the appropriate carnival to show up or should I bite the bullet and level up some low cost monsters? If the latter what makes for good farmable teams to clear those descends?

Just wait for the descended carnival. It's not worth making a low cost team anymore

Edit: what do you have in your box?

jay23

LOL the lack a God-type 5 turn orb changer and plus eggs is really killing my chance to reach to top 1%.
20 something stones later still can't break 130k barrier (start with 14X stones at the beginning of this event, only 123 left now).

xAvLPT2.png

JNx5tTR.png

Wish I had the sub's to use shivadragon with D.iza.

I've been stuck outside of the top 10% using awoken Horus team. RNG plays such a huge part in these ranking dungeons.

Mixed2k

I ran Giant Guards more than 50 times already to get a titan and so far nothing. With a 2% chance I should be getting one soon, that's how statistics work right guys? guys?
I knew that getting echidna so easily was gonna cost me something.

On my newest account I ignored getting a Titan until Athena Descended, where the drop rate is significantly higher. Not exactly the easiest dungeon for a beginner, but if you don't have an immediate need for a Titan that's another option.

Mixed2k

On my newest account I ignored getting a Titan until Athena Descended, where the drop rate is significantly higher. Not exactly the easiest dungeon for a beginner, but if you don't have an immediate need for a Titan that's another option.

My thought process is that if I'm gonna get him, might as well get him early while I'm still getting some reasonable exp for my level. But maybe I should already be unlocking technicals or something like that with the time I've put into the game.

Does one of my BFFs have a Ryune to leave up for a while? Gonna be passively farming alts during the Super Bowl, and that's my high HP team at the moment.

jiggle

Slowly getting edged off of the 30% cliff :x

My thought process is that if I'm gonna get him, might as well get him early while I'm still getting some reasonable exp for my level. But maybe I should already be unlocking technicals or something like that with the time I've put into the game.
Stamina better spent unlocking dungeons and getting free stones imo

Quantum

Does one of my BFFs have a Ryune to leave up for a while? Gonna be passively farming alts during the Super Bowl, and that's my high HP team at the moment.

currently working on a ryune thats up most of the time, although burned my stamina earlier and not actively refreshing. (max skill/level - working on plusz)

Running alts solo, I fucking hate skill delay. Only deaths I have are to skill delay. It just seems unfair. I should skip those until I have a partner, but I'm just trying to clear this for the stone. Am I supposed to pay 30,000 MP for the latent? Does any monster have an awakening that blocks it?

Thanks guys. It went OK.

Do you want a max level Blonia? It's the new ult, but unskilled. It's my alt, which still has a BF I can use. Don't really care too much about the account, so I'll BF anyone that'll find it useful. I know it pairs well with Ryune, but I think I&I work too.

hermit7

Running alts solo, I fucking hate skill delay. Only deaths I have are to skill delay. It just seems unfair. I should skip those until I have a partner, but I'm just trying to clear this for the stone. Am I supposed to pay 30,000 MP for the latent? Does any monster have an awakening that blocks it?

Yeah I have been running with yomidra and the last run screwed me. Should probably just run with thor to be certain of not getting screwed over.

Do you want a max level Blonia? It's the new ult, but unskilled. It's my alt, which still has a BF I can use. Don't really care too much about the account, so I'll BF anyone that'll find it useful. I know it pairs well with Ryune, but I think I&I work too.
Nah, thanks though. I have Blonia, so Ryune is the ideal pairing, at least in this case.

HGH

Banned
So this boss at the end of Saint's Tomb with the 66666 damage attack, I assume I need an Odin or something to beat him. Well that or managing to deal upwards of 300K damage within 6 turns.

Yeah I have been running with yomidra and the last run screwed me. Should probably just run with thor to be certain of not getting screwed over.

Even running Thoria, I'm getting wrecked on boss levels with skill delay. I try to save hearts and light orbs, but if I don't get one of my monsters with a haste active up after 1 turn I'm in a world of hurt. Eventually I'll just ignore these dungeons, but it's a pain.

Jonsoncao

Banned
So this boss at the end of Saint's Tomb with the 66666 damage attack, I assume I need an Odin or something to beat him. Well that or managing to deal upwards of 300K damage within 6 turns.

Try with Sonia or Dragonbound friend (hypermax), charge your friend's skill and use a burst during the boss stage with dual color board. Pretty much your friend can deal over 300k dmg (suppose you know how to combo dual color board).

Yeah, that's kind of a damage check. You want to do the damage. If you get stuck, work on levels or find a new strategy. An enhance active on farmable subs like King bubblie or King flamie can be really helpful early on, depending on your team.

jiggle

Nah
Just bring a 2.5x damage multiplying slime

colinp

Banned
Try with Sonia or Dragonbound friend (hypermax), charge your friend's skill and use a burst during the boss stage with dual color board. Pretty much your friend can deal over 300k dmg (suppose you know how to combo dual color board).

What is the best way to combo a dual colored board?

yami4ct

So, I just realized I have enough BadPys to max out 2 A. Pandas and my Loki. That's good. Castor is only 2 away from max and and that just leaves Hanzo. It's going to be easier to put my A. Panda squad together than I expected

I've pretty much realized that Kirin's true greatness is beyond my skill level. I'll keep her around and I can clear 90% of content with her, but anything that requires me to be hyper consistent with high combos really murders me. It will be nice to have an alternate team that's a bit less taxing.

I will be pretty close to a max skill Eila, so that will make playing Kirin easier once I pick up the cost to play her.

My ranking fell from 3.9% to 4.3%. First time that's happened. The first 2 ranking dungeons my ranking improved as the event neared the end. People really want that crown, I guess. I'm satisfied staying in top 10% and spending my stam elsewhere. Gonna be annoyed if GH makes crowns more than vanity items though.

Quantum

just wow.

that is all.

My ranking fell from 3.9% to 4.3%. First time that's happened. The first 2 ranking dungeons my ranking improved as the event neared the end. People really want that crown, I guess. I'm satisfied staying in top 10% and spending my stam elsewhere. Gonna be annoyed if GH makes crowns more than vanity items though.

I ran it a couple times on the first day and just checked, same thing - went from ~4% to 6.6% now.

not chasing.

Welp. My stam maxed out while watching the Super Bowl, so decided to go ahead and see if I could crack 1% with available stam before the event expired.

B9Bar4x.jpg

C4WF06j.jpg

Jagernaut

This ranking tournament is tough without a Shiva Dragon. I got a terrible 46% score with Awoken Shiva then decided to try a different team. I got 18.9% with the following team, hope I can stay in the top 20%:

jay23

Getting an average combo of 7+ without time extends is really impressive to me. I struggle to do that consistently with awakenings.

hermit7

Those are awesome runs.

I got about 21 percent but am unwilling to use any more stamina on them.

Don't have any good team for no awakening dungeons. Next time will be better hopefully.

Bladelaw

Over 70 runs of red sprite trying to farm skill UPS for yamato and chiome. Chiome was easy. Yamato still needs one more...

yami4ct

Yesterday, I only blew like a single run of the Castor skill up dungeon. Today, I've been playing like hot garbage and already screwed up like 3. Boy, sometimes you just have days.

Rixa

just wow.
I ran it a couple times on the first day and just checked, same thing - went from ~4% to 6.6% now.
I want one :eek:.
If those things get more common I wouldnt be surprise if GungHo introduces some catchpa thingie (GranBlue Fantasy has one) during random dungeons.

Welp. My stam maxed out while watching the Super Bowl, so decided to go ahead and see if I could crack 1% with available stam before the event expired.
Congrats to everyone for their scores, I managed to be in 20-30% range. Didnt run dungeon for few days. Coop in the weekend was fun. I didnt think that coop hits me in good way. Really nice new way to play PAD.

@cw_sasuke
We have Tama Retreat today again. According to PADGuide group C is at 19:00 EET.

ZombAid82

Could somebody please repost the discord link?
That would be awesome, maybe then it'll work around here^^

Also, would love to run a multiplayer dungeon with somebody here.
Maybe with my verdandi team?

yami4ct

Castor only needs 1 more Skill Up. Yay! Tempted to take a Badpy instead of Shynpy for Elia on one of the remaining free Py days to save time. Know better though and I'll just keep throwing my natural stam at the Castor dungeon until I finish. I don't really have too much better to do until my A. Panda team is done anyway.

HGH

Banned
Absentmindedly ran a special dungeon and went up 10 ranks. These one time dungeons are pretty silly.
Yeah, that's kind of a damage check. You want to do the damage. If you get stuck, work on levels or find a new strategy. An enhance active on farmable subs like King bubblie or King flamie can be really helpful early on, depending on your team.
Nah
Just bring a 2.5x damage multiplying slime
I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice.
Also here's my monster box if anyone has more advice. It's uh... a lot more dire than what you might think.

raiot

man i had 5 runs that where 130k worthy but where all blown by no red orbs and no hearts at cauchemar. So i settled with 3% and did not stone any further for that shitty crown :(

Top Bottom