• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

razterik

If it makes anyone feel better, future ranking dungeons get even more stupid.

10 turn red absorb, really GungHo? Really?

Not feeling 10x KotG at all. Mechdragons come back.

Anybody else been taking advantage of Latents in Legendary Tech dungeons? I've been finding the rates really good. Working on a set of Imp. RCV for Awoken Ama.

razterik

Make one A.Haku definitely. Two, I'd hold off unless you absolutely need them both for a team.

Anybody else been taking advantage of Latents in Legendary Tech dungeons?

Will have many extras from farming the latent guerrilla, so not in any rush here.

Got a Tomato from New Year gacha. What do i do with you

Turn him into paste, I mean, points. I max skilled one in JP while farming Set skill ups and I regret it because it's stopping me from selling him for the 15k. He'll be outclassed by the uuevo.

J0dy77

Anybody else been taking advantage of Latents in Legendary Tech dungeons? I've been finding the rates really good. Working on a set of Imp. RCV for Awoken Ama.

I should have been doing this but kept beating my head against the wall with the floors 9 and 10 of the challenge dungeon.

I really don't know how to deal with all of this new found stamina. I haven't had much time to play so I just keep dumping it into 99 cost dungeons so I don't cap out.

Bladelaw

Make one A.Haku definitely. Two, I'd hold off unless you absolutely need them both for a team.

I can't think of a reason to have two so I'll stick with one.

The team I'm considering:
Awoken Haku
D/R Haku
Beelzebub
Uevo Durga
D/B Okuninushi
Friend Awoken Haku

Given my box's contents I think this is the best I can do until I luck into Persephone or can farm up izanami

forgrim

I can't think of a reason to have two so I'll stick with one.

The team I'm considering:
Awoken Haku
D/R Haku
Beelzebub
Uevo Durga
D/B Okuninushi
Friend Awoken Haku

Given my box's contents I think this is the best I can do until I luck into Persephone or can farm up izanami

Make space on ur friend list, i could use an awaken haku friend!

razterik

Since dark row teams are making a comeback and you no longer need to evolve chasers for skill ups, it makes sense to turn a second Byakko into D/D, right?

Generally, you're going to use A.Haku even on row teams like Dark Tron or A.ALuci. D/D Byakko fits best into devil teams, such as A.Pandora or older stuff like Beelzebub.

hermit7

Beat all but challenge 10 this go round already. Need to wait for stamina before 10. Ideas on teams? 38k preemptive seems really high and I don't have a team that can really tank that too well.

Maybe an i&i team with blonia, karin, andromeda, Orochi, ryune?

Orochi for the delay if needed. Should be able to stall and burst with the three board changers.

I bought a yomi dragon, and all I am missing is the ultimate evo'd Dizzy and a super metal to evolve him.

Then I feed him that memorial tama, and I can click the win button right? Right? (J/k)

So main leads (current) A Shiva, A Bastet, A Sakuya,
Leads (future) A Fallen Luci (have mats waiting on the ego to drop), Tsukoyomi dragon (see previous)

I hope 10x descends come back soon... So many +eggs needed..

Stealth Edit: in search of BFF still

Kyuur

2 rolls on NYREM: Kaguya-hime (ugh) and Sandalphon (okay!). Maybe 1 more? Or save for godfest, idk.

Friend rolled and got Kanna immediately. ~_~

Doesn't seem to be a real compelling reason to roll in the NY REM ... Or am I missing something?

It's a trap REM. even the "top tier" pulls are only "just as good" as their core cards. The art is fantastic though, really really good looking, but I don't have that much money to pull for just art.

coy

I should have been doing this but kept beating my head against the wall with the floors 9 and 10 of the challenge dungeon.

I really don't know how to deal with all of this new found stamina. I haven't had much time to play so I just keep dumping it into 99 cost dungeons so I don't cap out.
I still need 7 more skillups on my Z8 so I do the 40 stam version whenever I need to burn any if I'm near cap. Or you can run the old alts if you wanna try for xp or piis.

Mixed2k

Okay I had to take it and rolled twice on the REM to get some fire subs. Got Cao Cao and Uriel. Cao Cao seems pretty good but what about Uriel ?
I am so never going to do this again but it seemed better to take an almost guaranteed fire sub than trying to roll during godfest and getting something good but that doesn't fit my Shiva.

And now to farm rank like hell to fit these bros.

Cao Cao is an S class sub for Shiva, Uriel is designed for row-based fire teams but can be useful for A.Shiva due to his heartmaking capabilities. Lucky pulls

Lyrian

I really don't know how to deal with all of this new found stamina.

I hear you.

If I'm not running 25+ stamina dungeons, the stamina bar is practically always full, if I look away from the phone for even a little bit of time.

Farmed KotG this weekend for plus eggs and literally gave up at one point. At 3 minute regen, running 17 stamina 10 floor dungeon equals the appearance of almost infinity stamina. It was that insane. I finally stopped playing to keep myself because I kept levelling up over and over, yielding 200+ stamina with each level up.

On the other hand, with a lucky group draw from Tamadra Infestation, I got 12 runs in today on natural stamina alone (with one rank up). Seriously not used to that.

Lyrian

This game sometimes...

2.5x skill up?

1/10 on Goetia
0/8 on Ruel
0/3 on Satsuki

Flip side,
12 "free" runs of Tamadra Infestation, with a crazy invade rate.
Threw some random throwaway stamina at the Challenge Dungeon, and passed by first ever non-7x6 C7. My MVP was Awoken Loki, who saved the day multiple times in a row. Yeah, he's my next 297 project. Gave him a pat on the head and fed him the Badpy as a reware.

PAD giveth and taketh away, as the GungHo Gods pleases...

yami4ct

I had to use all my stones to do it over the last week, but Castor skill up is done. Only wasted like 3 pulls worth, and he's going to be a sub on my new main team, but still hurts. Happy that I have the free Py dungeons and Experience of a Lifetime coming to refill my stock.

Time to hit all those coin dungeons for free stones, I guess. Could also try hitting multi stuff, but getting partners on the JP server might be a tad rough.

This game sometimes...

2.5x skill up?

1/10 on Goetia
0/8 on Ruel
0/3 on Satsuki

Flip side,
12 "free" runs of Tamadra Infestation, with a crazy invade rate.
Threw some random throwaway stamina at the Challenge Dungeon, and passed by first ever non-7x6 C7. My MVP was Awoken Loki, who saved the day multiple times in a row. Yeah, he's my next 297 project. Gave him a pat on the head and fed him the Badpy as a reware.

PAD giveth and taketh away, as the GungHo Gods pleases...

I went 2/3 on Hermes, bringing him just shy of max skill. GungHo clearly wants me to build an I&I/Ryune team, that means I'll definitely roll Gabe/Andro next Godfest. That's how it works, right? RIGHT???

yami4ct

I went 2/3 on Hermes, bringing him just shy of max skill. GungHo clearly wants me to build an I&I/Ryune team, that means I'll definitely roll Gabe/Andro next Godfest. That's how it works, right? RIGHT???

I swear GungHo deliberately pushes certain teams for me. On my US account, my Dark box was pretty worthless. Then I pulled a Haku, Castor and Lucifer pretty close close together.

On my JP account, I had some great Dark monsters, but not a full squad. With Awoken Pandora and a Castor pull, now Dark might be my strongest color. Soon after, Castor finally gets a Skill Up dungeon.

GungHo really, really wants me to play Dark.

jiggle

How weird is it NA got two events back to back
But not a bleep out of JPN in days?
Although the random 10 Pii/stone of your choice is pretty amazing
The 4th year anniversary has to be pretty spectacular

Couldn't resist pulling New Years rem
Just 1 teensy one
Kaguya and sandalphon -.-;
Sandy is not bad I guess since I'm horrid at activating L.kali, but
big-mistake-o.gif

Gungho built me a decent blue team without my noticing
Wish I have another good orb changer over isis slot for no bind dungeons though
1OQmiyql.jpg

razterik

First half of JP anniversary event listing is out. Special Godfest incoming. Return of 10x MP for Descend boss drops, has been many months since last time. Half stamina co-op in almost everything. 10x Descendeds.

RGB Ogres switching to skill up the same color Riders. Wonder what they'll do for dark and light ones.

Also, 10x plus eggs for normals in Kronos Forest is very nice. Average about 5 stamina per egg so far. Wish I had a good push button or Kagutsuchi team to speed it up.

yami4ct

First half of JP anniversary event listing is out. Special Godfest incoming. Return of 10x MP for Descend boss drops, has been many months since last time. Half stamina co-op in almost everything. 10x Descendeds.

RGB Ogres switching to skill up the same color Riders. Wonder what they'll do for dark and light ones.

Also, 10x plus eggs for normals in Kronos Forest is very nice. Average about 5 stamina per egg so far. Wish I had a good push button or Kagutsuchi team to speed it up.

If that means extra GFEs, I'll probably only roll once or maybe even save all my rolls. Given my Kirin team is as perfect as I'm going to make her (without going Dark, which is far beyond my skill level) and my A. Panda team could use Akechi more than any GFE besides Zuoh, I don't think it's worth it. Sad to miss a special event GodFest, though.

Rixa

One can only wish these kind of events to NA :(. I would need so many +eggs.

Quantum

used free stones for a few trap pulls:

Leilan
Tengu
Yamato

- there is nothing in the REM I'd actually use, no clue why I pulled and pretty useless other than the art on Leilan is fantastic.
- Unclear what to do in the game, it seems that other then my ShivaDra team nothing really consistently hits as hard, heals as well or clears content.

- Ryune is nice but the consistent damage is pretty lame.
- A.Ra, A.Shiva, D.Meta are all great leaders, but don't compare with the basic utility for the ShivaDra team.

- the Co-op dungeons are ok, but the remove all active skills for four turns and hit for 30k is a complete money grab and feels extremely cheap.

- farming +eggs is still too monotonous

- I'm not understanding why the US/EU doesn't get the same bonuses that JPN does - the tedium is perhaps worse as releasing 2-4 months behind prepares us for what to expect and what to avoid - so it actually means less content worth playing.

- maybe I'm missing something.

How many Keepers do you guys get per Tuesday generally?

It all depends. If I'm building a new team and know I'm going to be evolving a bunch of monsters, I'll run rainbow keepers a handful of times. Try to set it up around rank ups or when I need to waste stamina. Now, I'm not evolving much but I need gold keepers for when they rotate to Apoc skill-ups, so I'll run that once or twice a week. There were stretches where I didn't run it for a few weeks, but now that stamina is so easy to come by I'm going to try and stock up on rainbow keepers.

smbu2000

Well this past event I didn't farm too many plus eggs as I was running the Castor/Antares dungeon a lot. I managed to max skill my Castor and 2 Antares'. I did finally manage to finish off my Ragnarok Dragon though getting the missing ATK eggs I needed.

I've started working on my Castor now and I'll probably throw him onto my YD team to replace Persephone. His skill at 7 turns with the additional haste is really nice. Plus I might try out an Eschamali team as well. I've also been using him on my Kite team.

Close to making my A.Pandora(just need another dark jewel), so I've been collecting badpys to use on her. On my iPad, I'm very close to making my hyper Yuria. Excited about that, as I love FotN.

Bladelaw

0 Stoned Izanami this time when the last time it came around I couldn't beat stage 2. Pretty happy about that. Is Light Izanami worth farming up? I didn't have any luck on 3 clears.

Lots of questions inbound. sorry if I ramble.

If we end up getting all that swag that JP is getting what's the best way to take advantage of the opportunity? I feel like MP dungeons are still over my head. Would my best use of stamina be +eggs? I still need 198 to finish off Bastet and obviously a bunch more to help out the rest of the team.

Also, is the dark team I'm considering building worth the effort?
Awoken Haku
D. Izanami
Beelzebub
Uevo Durga
???
Friend: Awoken Haku

I'm also a Wangren away from having the parts for Awoken Hino Kagutsuchi but Legendary Seaway wrecks my Shiva team. Any tips for clearing this? The stamina cost is prohibitive on testing new strats.

yami4ct

Is akechi skill up in the dark skill up carnival in coin dungeon? Jp server.

No. The Dog Dragons are too new to be in the carnivals. Also, I'm pretty sure Dark Carnival isn't going in Coins right now. I was checking because I need to get some Hanzo skill ups. Looking for either the Carnival or her Survey to pop in.

EDIT:

Looks like I was totally wrong and the Dark Carnival got added back in. I don't know if that's a great thing for me or sort of a hassle as now I have even more stuff to do right now.

yami4ct

^Mori skillups were dropping for me in blue carnival when I did it for the stone.

Are you sure? Looking at both the asian and english resources, none of them list an upgraded carnival with dogs in them. Both the water carnival and dark carnival list the same old skill up mats.

I need a dark mystic mask, a super metal dragon, and a red fruit to evolve my yomi dragon...

I figure I have to wait to Thursday for the fruit, so I can just as easily wait on the dark mystic mask.

The super metal is interesting. We are supposed to get metals tomorrow, so hopefully one will pop up!

I have three badpiis. Are they better off on yomi dragon NOW or awoken Fallen Lucifer LATER?

Ducarmel

Are you sure? Looking at both the asian and english resources, none of them list an upgraded carnival with dogs in them. Both the water carnival and dark carnival list the same old skill up mats.
If you go back a couple of others mention Mori skill up dropping. but your right the usual places didn't list blue dog as a drop in the blue carnival.

I just want to know for sure if all the carnivals have been updated i don't want to buy it and find out i don't need it.

I guess i can bite the bullet and find out myself.

If you go back a couple of others mention Mori skill up dropping. but your right the usual places didn't list blue dog as a drop in the blue carnival.

I just want to know for sure if all the carnivals have been updated i don't want to buy it and find out i don't need it.

I guess i can bite the bullet and find out myself.
They only get updated whenever they get rerun based on some survey i have no idea where to access. Water Carnival was the latest to receive dog additions. Not sure if Dark Carnival ever received those changes.

hermit7

I need a dark mystic mask, a super metal dragon, and a red fruit to evolve my yomi dragon...

I figure I have to wait to Thursday for the fruit, so I can just as easily wait on the dark mystic mask.

The super metal is interesting. We are supposed to get metals tomorrow, so hopefully one will pop up!

I have three badpiis. Are they better off on yomi dragon NOW or awoken Fallen Lucifer LATER?

I think yomi. The orbs are better and the damage is decent but is more situational I think.

razterik

In JP, water carnival in coin dungeons does have Mori skill ups, the blue Shibamaru. It was voted in during the last skill up vote, along with the red cat skill ups for Set in the fire carnival.

There hasn't been another vote or carnival change since, so no other Shibamarus are present. Next time they have a survey, I expect red and dark to win.

yami4ct

Hanzo is maxed.

Decided to mess around with this unfinished Panda team in endless corridors. Running with the Regular Panda Uevo and an Awoken friend, a base evo panda sub, a base evo Loki and a evolved Hanzo and Castor, I was able to burst over a million on each of my Panda leaders. This team is going to be crazy when done. That's only with 5 of my 12 Dark row enhances.

hermit7

Failed challenge 10 with yomidra. Need to run it with Dmeta and a max resist friend lead to live through the preemptive.

Should be doable but I wasn't able to burst Dios with a 5 match and 3 dark orbs and he was left with 25 percent or so.

Had used Dmeta already so I was dead regardless.

Top Bottom