• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

I've been looking into what I need for Awoken Kagu and Awoken Tsukiyomi. I'm surprisingly close given the descend carnival coughed up Tengu first try.
I just need 3 dark jewels (I may MP this), a couple friday mats, a super king ruby dragon, and a red dragon fruit.

Looks like ruby dragons are up tomorrow.

Oh and a shitload of XP to level up Diza and Tengu.

Kagu will go with Shiva and Tsukuyomi will take over for Awoken Haku as my dark lead.

For the first time today, I nearly contemplated if my phone's insurance policy was worth using.

Going after Sonia-Gran with a light team, actual comp not really important to the story.

Get to Red Dragon Caller Sonia, with her <5 Combo life restore. I've been struggling, because I never get any fucking light orbs. In multiple full screen clears (thanks Raphael) I get only a handful of my main attack color. Thank goodness for Valkyrie. Anyway, since I can take a few turns to set up a combo, I have been moving orbs but making only one actual match. Finally, with one of my monsters bound (Valkyrie, IIRC) I decide to pop a full row of heals to clear the bind. That's it, that was my whole clear. Next dropped a whole line of yellow. Then three yellow + crap. Then three more yellow, then three more, then three of some sub color.

So instead of just healing myself and clearing a bind, I ended up with a 5 combo of basically nothing but light, including a full row just for that boosted damage. But not enough to overcome her combo drain. She went from ~40% life to about 75%.

I nearly threw my phone against a wall.

jay23

Challenge level 9 complete

kbO3tt6.jpg

I started using http://pad.dawnglare.com a lot lately during tougher content to help me get 6+ combos consistently. It helps me so much I no longer have to "wing it".

What are you guys thoughts on using a site like that to solve boards?

J0dy77

Challenge level 9 complete

I started using http://pad.dawnglare.com a lot lately during tougher content to help me get 6+ combos consistently. It helps me so much I no longer have to "wing it".

I've never used them but can't knock anyone else for using them. If it helps you learn and play better why not do it? Personally, I wouldn't enjoy constantly switching back and forth to figure things out. I like the challenge on my own.

Best way to learn to match better is to push yourself with the higher difficulty combo leaders. Forcing yourself to try and constantly get 7-10 combos to active Kirin or the one true god really improves your game. I aslo find that watching the really good players helps you learn a ton. How the manipulate the board and trying to copy the setups. Reco vids especially.

Reminder for everybody looking forward to awakening Pandora that Aamir is required fodder for her busty. Pick one up today if you don't have one yet.

hermit7

Reminder for everybody looking forward to awakening Pandora that Aamir is required fodder for her busty. Pick one up today if you don't have one yet.

Yeah I picked one up today. Not rolling in the REM has caused a lull in xp needed so all the alts have made me level cards that I don't have any intention in using.

I checked out the luci team that I intend to build in the simulator should have 47 k health and 8 k rcv. That will be pretty good I think. I added valk to it so that I could have a good low cool down orb changer when needed. Pandora seems better but 5 turns to 8 means I can activate valk 3 times before I can activate Pandora 2 even with the haste. Subbing out yomi dragon is an option for bind free dungeons but that is a little risky.

You just mean to plan your moves right? It doesn't solve the board for you? If so I see no problem with it. In the long term, it'll help you get better at recognizing patterns on the fly.

jay23

I've never used them but can't knock anyone else for using them. If it helps you learn and play better why not do it? Personally, I wouldn't enjoy constantly switching back and forth to figure things out. I like the challenge on my own.

Best way to learn to match better is to push yourself with the higher difficulty combo leaders. Forcing yourself to try and constantly get 7-10 combos to active Kirin or the one true god really improves your game. I aslo find that watching the really good players helps you learn a ton. How the manipulate the board and trying to copy the setups. Reco vids especially.

Thanks Ive been watching Reco and Tevvie(the cascade god) and notice I always play better after watching their videos.

For me personally, it's cheating, but I wouldn't condemn anyone for using it.

You just mean to plan your moves right? It doesn't solve the board for you? If so I see no problem with it. In the long term, it'll help you get better at recognizing patterns on the fly.

Yea to plan my moves, it's not a solver I just prefer seeing everything instead of having to solve a board in my head.

I can get 5 combos no problem but the way I manage the board now always screw's me over so I don't have space for anything else.

Is pad.dawnglare a solver? I clicked that link and found it is just a simulator.

Nah it's just a simulator

yami4ct

NA Godfest Announcement.

Nothing much for me. Day 2 seems better than 1, but no real reason to pull. Will wait for a Sengoku Godfest I guess. GungHo US Feeding that Lucifer thirst before his Awoken form even drops.

Finally beat Descended Carnival 1 and scored Tengu for my eventual Awoken Orochi. Thank you based Blonia.

I realized I have Legendary Seaway unlocked. Any advice on a team to use to beat it?

Box

I have an Amaterasu attacker team and my Blonia team that I'm ok with.

yami4ct

A.Luci is live

Oh shit, yes! Finally. Luci in the Godfest shoulda been a clue. Just evoed mine. Should probably try to skill up my D/D Haku now.

Is A. Haku worth it if you don't have Akechi to enhance your dark orbs? I guess I could run A. Yomi, but then I'd have to ditch one of my orb changers.

Bladelaw

So I figured I'd run Sonia Gran just for kicks. Doing ok and get to Green Sonia. I pop Echidna before her big hit and take her out just in time. I'm expecting Red Sonia when Elia invades instead.

I'm failing miserably to do any appreciable damage until the sky fall gods (and Yamato+Shiva) bless me with fire. I move into the final fight and have to stone on Sonia Gran because I'm not letting Elia go. The stone was all I needed to finish her off and collect her and Elia.

I'm not mistaken in thinking Elia is great on an A. Amaterasu team right?

yami4ct

Put me in the camp of people who wish the mails would tell you WTF was in them before opening. I'm sitting on a host of Flampy, Woodpy, and Shynpy that I have no use for now because I was flipping through my mail looking for Badpys and Tamas.

I should finally make an A. Bastet team to rid myself of some Woodpys and I'm half tempted at throwing all 8 of the Shynpy in my box right now at Elia. That seems like a terrible idea since I don't have a huge use for her.

So I figured I'd run Sonia Gran just for kicks. Doing ok and get to Green Sonia. I pop Echidna before her big hit and take her out just in time. I'm expecting Red Sonia when Elia invades instead.

I'm failing miserably to do any appreciable damage until the sky fall gods (and Yamato+Shiva) bless me with fire. I move into the final fight and have to stone on Sonia Gran because I'm not letting Elia go. The stone was all I needed to finish her off and collect her and Elia.

I'm not mistaken in thinking Elia is great on an A. Amaterasu team right?

As someone who's almost got a complete Elia for my Kirin team on my JP account, she's awesome. The problem is she's massively costly in terms of both team cost and skill ups. She has 15 freaking skill ups. Unless your ridiculously Py rich, she might not have enough utility to justify that.

yami4ct

Wanted to give A. Luci a quick shot, but turns out I'm the first person on my friends list with him. That rarely happens. I have a few whales in there that almost always find a way to instantly have the new hotness.

Bladelaw

Put me in the camp of people who wish the mails would tell you WTF was in them before opening. I'm sitting on a host of Flampy, Woodpy, and Shynpy that I have no use for now because I was flipping through my mail looking for Badpys and Tamas.

I should finally make an A. Bastet team to rid myself of some Woodpys and I'm half tempted at throwing all 8 of the Shynpy in my box right now at Elia. That seems like a terrible idea since I don't have a huge use for her.

As someone who's almost got a complete Elia for my Kirin team on my JP account, she's awesome. The problem is she's massively costly in terms of both team cost and skill ups. She has 15 freaking skill ups. Unless your ridiculously Py rich, she might not have enough utility to justify that.
Ok well I'll keep plugging away at skilling her up. Hell I should be able to skip tamas on her while trying to skill her up. She's definitely got a place in my box if nothing else because that fight was tense.

Jagernaut

Wanted to give A. Luci a quick shot, but turns out I'm the first person on my friends list with him. That rarely happens. I have a few whales in there that almost always find a way to instantly have the new hotness.

I just put mine up, you are on my friends list.

hermit7

Just got luci as well. Have a decent team, but need some plusses.

Luci, yomidra, Haku, Loki, valk

Valk for her 5 turn orb change and 2 rows I think is better than b.dora. Awoken Pandora is good as well but I can't decide who is better between her and valk.

raiot

Awoken Luci is up, its not 297 yet, had to feed away my planned 297 to my First Rodin after I finally rolled one last GF.

Glad I never went through with feeding away my +297 FA.Luci way back when, before +eggs became easy to farm. I hadn't used him since retiring my Ronia team and was seriously considering feeding him just for the +stats. Welcome back to relevance, old friend.

coy

A dozen new Lucifers on my FL (with half from GAF). That day 2 godfest is looking mighty tempting I gotta say. I'll probably pass on it until it is paired with another pantheon.

yami4ct

Did a quick calculation, if I sold off every gold card I think might have a niche use someday but aren't using (PAD Z stuff, Magicians), cards I have dupes of but might be useful to have dupes later (Karin, L. Meta, Grodin, Lu Bu) and stuff like that, I might actually be able to afford a YomiDra.

Man that's tempting. He'd be a killer sub and I might be able to form a team out of it, but I don't have the Akechi or Eschamali to tie it all together on A. Luci team.

It's tempting, but I don't think I have the guts. I have zero confidence that GungHo isn't going to put these cards out to pasture in 3 months and put in a new hot card. It'd be pretty ridiculous to throw almost 2 years of PAD away for a single card.

jiggle

No no no
Fuck the l.kali disease spreading to my jpn accounts
Got a dupe of her on both of those accounts :/

Did get a fa.luci though with okuni
Though it's unlikely I'll be able to get it awoken anytime soon

Rixa

Now to test this somewhere.

No clues how it works, I really havent used row based teams.

Edit: 40k hp, friend AAL is almost non plused.
4th pic with Vritra skill activated, 2 rows, combo of 4.

yami4ct

Alright. The more I look at this, the more doable it is. I need to make 170K to buy YomiDra. Here is my box.

https://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ct/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;id,0

Notable things I'd have to sell: An Isis dupe, 2 Gabriel Dupes, 2 GrOdin dupes, a Karin Dupe, a Lu Bu Dupe, a Okun dupe, a L. Meta Dupe and most notable a Rodin dupe.

Given what I have, do you guys think it'd be worth it?

If it helps to get insight into my play style, I currently play A. Ra on my US account with zero activation trouble at all and Kirin on my JP account. I can get 6 combos on Kirin fairly regularly with a TPA light, but struggle beyond that.

coy

This was my smoothest run through Challenge Dungeons yet. Except for a dumb flub on C8 (got it on my 2nd try), I was able to clear the set on the first run through using Parvati and Sakuya teams for the harder content. I hope future runs go this well.

ZombAid82

I feel your pain- I need four!

150 stamina down no devilits either. sigh.

I got 1! Yellow Fruit yesterday, after two Level ups and 3 full stamina bars, in total that was 15 rounds, and only one fucking Yellow!!!!

Alright. The more I look at this, the more doable it is. I need to make 170K to buy YomiDra. Here is my box.

https://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ct/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;id,0

Notable things I'd have to sell: An Isis dupe, 2 Gabriel Dupes, 2 GrOdin dupes, a Karin Dupe, a Lu Bu Dupe, a Okun dupe, a L. Meta Dupe and most notable a Rodin dupe.

If it helps to get insight into my play style, I currently play A. Ra on my US account with zero activation trouble at all and Kirin on my JP account. I can get 6 combos on Kirin fairly regularly with a TPA light, but struggle beyond that.

Also, could somebody explain to me, the fascination for YomiDra?
I have an awoken Tsukiyomi, but cannot really make a good round with a YomiDra friend.
No health, to difficult to activate and so on.
His stats aren't that awesome, also his awakenings aren't that hot.
His active skill is pretty descent I think, but overall I don't get it!

Rixa

Also, could somebody explain to me, the fascination for YomiDra?
His active skill is pretty descent I think, but overall I don't get it!

Its quite easy to make this kind of damage.
I think my record damage with YD is around 4m.
Yomi Dragon is really simple to use, I can clear trashfloor with sub colours (if I get water or fire + orbs). Great RCV & unbindable bind clearer (ok you need 6 hearts).

The difficult part is that you need to have right subs, for minimum you need A.Haku & Okuni and your team should be +297 (I have only YD & Haku).

raiot

iMLYNpB.png

ZombAid82

Its quite easy to make this kind of damage.

I think my record damage with YD is around 4m.
Yomi Dragon is really simple to use, I can clear trashfloor with sub colours (if I get water or fire + orbs). Great RCV & unbindable bind clearer (ok you need 6 hearts).

The difficult part is that you need to have right subs, for minimum you need A.Haku & Okuni and your team should be +297 (I have only YD & Haku).

Okay, got it!
you need the right orb changer for him.
Persephone wouldn't be that hot for him, which is my only good dark orb changer.
Drawn joker is another one, but he is not for me...
Maybe ShivaDra would be my hot guy....
IDK, but I have enough time to think about that, I have only 110'000 MP, and it takes time...

smbu2000

Well I pulled in the new GF and picked up:
iPad: Gronia (glad to get a 6* GFE, but probably won't use her much), Persephone and other junk
iPhone: LMeta (another dupe), Lu Bu (dupe), Vritra (dupe) and Pollux. Glad to pick up another constellation character. I have 2x Antares and Castor, Pollux could be useful on a few of my unused Light teams.

Been running my Yuria team now that I found some friends. She does pretty decent damage with my current team. I think I might replace Kanna with my super uevo Baal. I just need to keep skilling him up. My other problems are that I only have 80% SBR and I don't have a bind healer.
I could sub in Indra or Uub since they both have 2x SBRs or my LMeta for bind clear. A.Amaterasu might also be a good sub since she can clear binds as well have 2x SBRs.

Okay, got it!
you need the right orb changer for him.
Persephone wouldn't be that hot for him, which is my only good dark orb changer.
Drawn joker is another one, but he is not for me...
Maybe ShivaDra would be my hot guy....
IDK, but I have enough time to think about that, I have only 110'000 MP, and it takes time...

Yeah, I'd wait to make a decision. I'm in the same boat. I really wanted YomiDra, but I'm missing Haku and Okuni, but I have the Arena 1 Ra Dragon team, but don't have the skill at all to play Ra Dragon yet. I'm waiting to see what new MP monsters come out until I spend my MP. ShivaDra is the best farming lead, but can't do Arena, which is really what I'd want a MP dragon for.

I'm rolling Day 1 this godfest. I'd love to land Awoken Luci, but Day 1 is better for my current teams and I'm not about to try and roll for one target. Hoping for DQ&XQ, Lui Bei, or Osiris.

J0dy77

Thanks Ive been watching Reco and Tevvie(the cascade god) and notice I always play better after watching their videos.

The biggest to help me match is learning to always attempt to clear the entire board. Don't focus on activation or one color.

You want to break the board down into 2 sections, imagine a vertical line running right in between the 3rd and 4th rows. Try and make 2 horizontal and 3 vertical matches before moving on to the other side of the board. This is the easiest way to get a full 10 combo on a perfect board. You start to learn some cascading situations that work better but that style of play is much harder to see. That tewie guy does some nuts things that I just can't see.

razterik

I gave up on attempting to split the board, personally. Maybe it's because I'm not running RaDra with a hundred time extends, but I would always get halfway through the necessary effort to rearrange and run out of time. I usually make 5 or 6 combos and call it good, even if I have time left. Further fiddling usually only breaks existing combos.

JP Day 1 rolls:
Spica
Gambler Mage
Cerberus Rider

4x rate on crud from dark gala, I see. Spica is so nice looking and useful, but continues to illustrate how much my greens suffer without Freyja.

Alright.

Awoken Luci has been got (still need more awakenings)
Yomidra is 2 awakenings from being max level and fully awoke,

I have four badpiis. Who gets them?

Dark subs- D/B Okuni, A. Haku, Akechi, Flex (D/D Haku, Yomidra on A Luci/A Luci on Yomidra team)

Okuni and Akechi have no awakenings or skill ups (just fully evo'd both of them).

Alright.

Awoken Luci has been got (still need more awakenings)
Yomidra is 2 awakenings from being max level and fully awoke,

I have four badpiis. Who gets them?

Dark subs- D/B Okuni, A. Haku, Akechi, Flex (D/D Haku, Yomidra on A Luci/A Luci on Yomidra team)

Okuni and Akechi have no awakenings or skill ups (just fully evo'd both of them).

How do you have such good dark monsters with no awakenings?

Top Bottom