• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

divusrex

Ayy figured out how to save my tablet that won't charge with a cord anymore. Bought one of those wireless charging pads and it's working.

Obviously not the longest term solution, but the tablet works just fine otherwise.

Anyway, through three rolls today between my two accounts:

Archangel Gabriel
Sarasvati
Andromeda

Good pulls?

If you're planning on building a water team, then you have a pretty good start (if Sarasvati and Andromeda are on the same account). I'd recommend getting farmable subs like Kamui (wood breaker) and Siegfried (heart breaker) to round out the team (assuming you're not gonna pull anymore). It never hurts to get more orb changers for Sarasvati, since you'll need to consistently have water orbs to take full advantage of her LS.

Ducarmel

Based God Killer Awakening!!!!!!!!!!11

After 912 days I finally beat Celestial Pole with Awoken FA Luci.

It was a massacre, one shot everybody!

razterik

Red/Dark dog dragons start Monday in NA. Time to max skill Akechi and Sanada. Shibamarus can only appear on three floors. They have the best chance to show on Mythical, but aren't 100% drop rate without 1.5x or 2x.

Once we get dark resist latents in a month, I can start running Arena. NA being slow as fuck.

hermit7

Red/Dark dog dragons start Monday in NA. Time to max skill Akechi and Sanada. Shibamarus can only appear on three floors. They have the best chance to show on Mythical, but aren't 100% drop rate without 1.5x or 2x.

Once we get dark resist latents in a month, I can start running Arena. NA being slow as fuck.

Maybe the guerilla will be here before that.

Also where is our 250 rank roll and the star vault with guaranteed drops? Those seem later than they should be.

Hmm I guess I'll have to delay my Perseus skill up farming. I am not looking forward to this at all. Any idea what the approximate stamina per drop is?

I've got 3 akechi to skill up (well, I need 2, my 3rd would be a luxury). Is the best way to do it to just run it with natural stamina throughout the week, then stone it on 1.5 and 2x drops? I don't mind spending a handful of stones, since it's going to make my Typhon team awesome and they'll get used on other dark teams.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Thanks to 3 sta/min update. I farmed 5 wood latents in 4 days w/o stoning for stamina (2 stones for continue though...)

As a result, started farming Arena 1.0 using a not that ideal RaDra team today (13 dark resists, 5 wood resists).

Actually it is a lot easier than I thought it was...0-stoned all C10s using RaDra and practicing for months definite help, esp pulling a full board 8-9 combos under pressure is very satisfying.

First run was too careless on my side and I forgot Zhou Yu had resolve...Second run was very smooth and the spawns were on the easy side: AVenus->Zeus Mercury->Zaerog->Athena->DKali.

dMGpj1Y.png

lv3z1la.png

Watch NA miraculously catch-up quickly with Arena 2.0 just as NA players get all the farmable latents for 1.0. And relegating 1.0 to 1hr guerilla appearances is of little consolation considering how long it takes to clear the dungeon.

Thanks to 3 sta/min update. I farmed 5 wood latents in 4 days w/o stoning for stamina (2 stones for continue though...)

As a result, started farming Arena 1.0 using a not that ideal RaDra team today (13 dark resists, 5 wood resists).
dMGpj1Y.png
I still have yet to attempt Arena even once but this is the exact team I was considering, lacking a second DKali, or waiting for Ragnarok. How long are your Arena runs?

Rixa

Well I think my GodFest was somewhat success despite 2/4 pulls were dupes.
Day1:
- Muse (dupe, 5k mp when I sell it)
Day2:
- Andromeda (Water team \o_)
- Baal (Ehh, I guess If I build Raoh team, this goes to sub)
- I&I (Dupe, last GF pulled and now again)

All in all 4 gold eggs and Andromeda.

jiggle

I need to take a break from GF cuz it's causing a lot of grief lol

Main
Karin
Sharon
Healer girl trash
Swordsman trash

Alt
Famiel
Blue dragon swordsman trash
Ifrit trash lol

J0dy77

I need to take a break from GF cuz it's causing a lot of grief lol

Main
Karin
Sharon
Healer girl trash
Swordsman trash

Alt
Famiel
Blue dragon swordsman trash
Ifrit trash lol

Came to post the exact same feeling. Has anyone else felt that the new trash gold cards seem to be coming out a lot more often of late. It feels like the early days with all of those useless silver pantheons again.

Rolled three times today hoping for any devil series, since I have none and never really rolled for them. Wound up with dupe haku (which I'm ok with) and 2x Sadalmelik, huh? Why does this series even exist and I need two of the same card? I have been constantly trolled by these new useless pantheons and its starting to really bother me. It's even worse that they come out as gold eggs as if that is supposed to make me feel better. At least the old days I knew I was getting screwed with the silver eggs.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No pulls from me today - spend all of yesterdays stamina on Hera-Is for Elia to invade...still nothing. How is that possible ? The sad thing is i dont really need her anymore but now i feel like dripping 15 Piis on her whenever i get her because it took me so long to get her...lol.

Just wen 3/5 on Muse skillups - nice suprise. Hope he get as cool UEvo down the line adding SBR.

Well I think my GodFest was somewhat success despite 2/4 pulls were dupes.
Day1:
- Muse (dupe, 5k mp when I sell it)
Day2:
- Andromeda (Water team \o_)
- Baal (Ehh, I guess If I build Raoh team, this goes to sub)
- I&I (Dupe, last GF pulled and now again)

All in all 4 gold eggs and Andromeda.
Very nice getting Andromeda - your Lakshmi team should look quite nice now, congrats.

I will give Laksmi a shot once i beefed up and +eggs some of the essential water unit like Andromeda or Gabriel.

Hermes(Dupe)
Slyph(Silver)
Kano(Silver)

Eat a dick.
Meh..this sucks. Is this only your 2nd. Hermes ? There are enough water teams were even 2 of him are useful if not preferred, so hes not the worst dupe.

4/10 on my new Andromeda today. Not having to evolve fairies is amazing.

No pulls from me today - spend all of yesterdays stamina on Hera-Is for Elia to invade...still nothing. How is that possible ? The sad thing is i dont really need her anymore but now i feel like dripping 15 Piis on her whenever i get her because it took me so long to get her...lol.
Why not just run God Rush? It's actually not that bad with a well developed Yomidra or AYomi team. I'd be up for a couple runs later if you wanna try it out.

HGH

Banned
4 pulls total, got:
-Incarnation of Eiryuu, Karin (ok)
-Guivre Chimera (booo)
-Beast Rider (boooo)
-Sarasvati (seems cool with my blue Valkyrie)

For a first time it doesn't seem as bad as it could have been.

Also, I can evolve my DQXQ right now and have the materials. I know one is more suited for being a Healer type Leader and the other for her Awakening skills. I think I'd personally go for DQ with her 2 Two Pronged Attacks. Is that OK?

cw_sasuke

Why not just run God Rush? It's actually not that bad with a well developed Yomidra or AYomi team. I'd be up for a couple runs later if you wanna try it out.

Wait... Is the invade rate higher in God Rush? Just did the regular 50 stamina stages because I thought it was the same... Well and I don't have to buy the stages.

Wait... Is the invade rate higher in God Rush? Just did the regular 50 stamina stages because I thought it was the same... Well and I don't have to buy the stages.
Elia/Grisar are the boss stage of the co-op God/Devil Rush (Mythical+ diffuculty) which are always available, no coin required. As far as I know they are 100% drops.

cw_sasuke

Elia/Grisar are the boss stage of the co-op God/Devil Rush (Mythical+ diffuculty) which are always available, no coin required. As far as I know they are 100% drops.
Damn, thanks for the heads up.

I havent played coop yet i really need to join the party now. I feel stupid for wasting all my stamina when the drop its Guaranteed in coop.

Do you use Line or Discord ?

Today im gonna focus on max skilling Muse but after that i need to get my coop on.

Bladelaw

So we have access to Amon's UUEvo is available. I'm thinking of the following water team, let me know if it's up to snuff

Awoken Lakshmi
UUEvo Amon
Hatsume
Andromeda
Kamui

Honest I could swap in Sarasvati for either Lak or Kamui but that's pretty much my quality water sub pool.

Edit: I also have Xmas Ars Paulina

Ducarmel

The problem with Paulina and Sarasvati on a Lak team is their active could back fire on you, they could potentially convert a heart orb to a water orb stopping your ability to proc Laks leader skill or decreasing the multiplier.

So if you do decide to drop Kamui for one of those two you will probably need to combo it with a heart maker skill.

Damn, thanks for the heads up.

I havent played coop yet i really need to join the party now. I feel stupid for wasting all my stamina when the drop its Guaranteed in coop.

Do you use Line or Discord ?

Today im gonna focus on max skilling Muse but after that i need to get my coop on.
I use discord, I don't actually know how active the line channel is. Gotta work on Akechi this week, but I'll be up for a God rush here and there.

So how to use discord, just post the code and wait?
I typically just check in to see if anyone wants to run anything. There's usually someone up for something.

cw_sasuke

So we have access to Amon's UUEvo is available. I'm thinking of the following water team, let me know if it's up to snuff

Awoken Lakshmi
UUEvo Amon
Hatsume
Andromeda
Kamui

Honest I could swap in Sarasvati for either Lak or Kamui but that's pretty much my quality water sub pool.

This already looks like a very solid Lakshmi team. You might wanna drop one of the orb changer for a Utility sub if needed. I think we are supposed to get Amon skillups down the line - i UUEVOlved mine as well this week and hope i can skill him at some point.

I use discord, I don't actually know how active the line channel is. Gotta work on Akechi this week, but I'll be up for a God rush here and there.
Alright thanks - i have zero experience with Discord but i will try to download the app later and join the Gaf group.

Bladelaw

The problem with Paulina and Sarasvati on a Lak team is their active could back fire on you, they could potentially convert a heart orb to a water orb stopping your ability to proc Laks leader skill or decreasing the multiplier.

So if you do decide to drop Kamui for one of those two you will probably need to combo it with a heart maker skill.
That was my concern as well. Who is the blue equivalent to Perseus? If I had Skuld this would be a non issue. Still good to know I'm most of the way there.

Awoken Lakshmi
UUEvo Amon
Hatsume
Andromeda
Kamui

Lead with Saras with those subs. Or lead with Andro with Saras over Lakshmi. Have fun max skilling Saras though lol.

Andro is the blue equivalent to Perseus.

Zunja

I was looking for a new one to play and I know a lot of people irl who play PAD. I pulled during Godfest and got Sakuya. On the reddit she has a lotta stars for usefulness so I'm gonna keep her. I'm liking how you move the pieces around so hopefully it'll be fun.

Depends on the rest of your box. Those are really good pulls if you already have a nice blue box. If anything its a start towards a good one.

Gabriel and Andromeda is really nice if you have Ryune, Idunn and Idunna or Laksmi.

Sarasvati is a good lead once you have low cool down subs. Though your probably need at least one 5 single orb changer (Hatsume, Blue Valkyrie or Blue Mystic knight).

If you're planning on building a water team, then you have a pretty good start (if Sarasvati and Andromeda are on the same account). I'd recommend getting farmable subs like Kamui (wood breaker) and Siegfried (heart breaker) to round out the team (assuming you're not gonna pull anymore). It never hurts to get more orb changers for Sarasvati, since you'll need to consistently have water orbs to take full advantage of her LS.

On the one account I got Sarasvati and Andromeda together, other water guys I have: Skuld, Isis, Lakshmi, and a few lower level guys like Aquaman, Cyberdragon Sadalmelik.

I never tried to make a single orb team before. I've always made combo/multi orb teams so I'm not sure how that'll go.

On my other account my pulls ended up being: Archangel Gabriel, D. Kali, and Indigo Dragon Caller, Sumire. Really happy about D Kali.

Lyrian

/sigh

This event has sucked hard for me.

GF pulls:

Red Chester (slightly above lukewarm)
Water Dragon Swordsman (meh)
Zweihander (3rd dupe)
Sharon (dupe)

Lame, lame, lame.

Took TWELVE tries this morning to roll a Vert in the Valentine's dungeon. Grrr.... (thanks for 3 minute stamina, at least?)

-- Needed 3 skill ups for Goetia, needed around 20 Dub-Mythlits at 2.5x rates for that...
-- Around 1200 stamina spent running (so far) Int on the New Year's dungeon during 2x rates and STILL do not do have a max skilled San Quan. Never going to make it over to Ocean Demon for Muse at this rate.

I'll be happy when the next event starts and I can blank this monstrosity out of my mind.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Watch NA miraculously catch-up quickly with Arena 2.0 just as NA players get all the farmable latents for 1.0. And relegating 1.0 to 1hr guerilla appearances is of little consolation considering how long it takes to clear the dungeon.

I still have yet to attempt Arena even once but this is the exact team I was considering, lacking a second DKali, or waiting for Ragnarok. How long are your Arena runs?

That run I think was around 30min, and that was not playing table tennis with Parvati sort of thing. I would say this team is very stable though, for I stalled a lot on easier stages for recharging DKali.

I was looking for a new one to play and I know a lot of people irl who play PAD. I pulled during Godfest and got Sakuya. On the reddit she has a lotta stars for usefulness so I'm gonna keep her. I'm liking how you move the pieces around so hopefully it'll be fun.

A lotta people like Sakuya (to an unhealthy obsession but that's neither here nor there) but she's got a bit of a learning curve. Stay determined!

This Godfest has been somewhat of a mixed bag for me. Good rolls, but none that were immediately useful for me.

Also the water gala was not strong for me (and I wanted it to).

My main (and only team) is the following:

Awoken I&I / Hermes / Hatsume / Gabriel / Flex / Ryune

Where flex is usually xmas siren. Was really hoping for some more flex options, like Isis, Karin, Snow White, Ruka, Orochi, Neptune, Andromeda. Pretty much any water sub no listed above.

Saved 12 stones and rolled the following:

Cinderella
Australis
Belial
Typhon
Astaroth
Verdandi
Mitsuki
Avalon Drake
Idunn and Idunna
Sharon
Slyph
Earth Dragon Swordsman

Shouldn't comlplain too much because 3 GFE is nice but only one water gala pull =/

jay23

Rolling for FA Luci

3 rolls

Zuoh
Strawberry dragon
Satsuki(dupe)

Gonna continue saving for dark gala. I would be happy with either Pandora or luci just want a good dark leader.

Zunja

I like rolling. I got some gems did some rolls and got Kaguya-Hime, Zuoh, and Australis. But I Zuoh is like 30 points and i only have 26 lol. I need to level up it seems. Just curious what level can I start having good teams?

colinp

Banned

Welcome to the club! Post your id or add me, 343,798,271. I am also part of the obsessed with Sakuya club. ;) She's so fun!

Ducarmel

I like rolling. I got some gems did some rolls and got Kaguya-Hime, Zuoh, and Australis. But I Zuoh is like 30 points and i only have 26 lol. I need to level up it seems. Just curious what level can I start having good teams?

Did you run Experience of a Lifetime in the special dungeon tab, it should give you a lot of rank ups to increase your team cost.

Zuoh is an ok card but he wont help you with your Sakuya team, here are some guides for Sakuya

early game Sakuya team guide
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/awokensakuya/earlygame

end game Sakuya team guide
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/awokensakuya

yami4ct

Pulled once on Day 2 of the US GFest hoping for a Eschamali or Genbu. Got a dupe Cinderella. Instantly sold.

Also finally went and cleared all the troll golds I was hanging onto because they might have niche uses someday. I don't need shit like Anima clogging up my box. Some stuff like Cursed Dragon look like they could be decent at some point, but there is very little chance I will ever find a need for it on my squad. Also ditched a bunch of dupes. The chances of me needing 2 Loki, 2 Shivas, 3 Gabriel or 2 Lu Bu is stupidly low.

Ended up getting up to 250k MP and freed up like 20 box spaces. Feels really good. Now to wait until I pull the cards to make a perfect squad for a current MP Dragon or for GungHo to release an even more powerful one. By that time, I will very likely have pulled 10 more crap pulls or I can ditch my dupe Rodin for instant 300k.

Water Gala has finally delivered! Rolled 12 times earlier today and only got one water gala pull (duplicate I&I).

Managed to get another 10 stones (from dungeons) today and pulled Earth Dragon Swordsman (ugh another green?!) and Andromeda! Really good for my I&I team and solid addition for my eventual Lakshmi team.

I should probably save stones for the next PCGF or expand my box size/friend list.

My box is currently 175 and its rough. I only have 40 space free as everything else are my pulls, descend boss drops or rare evo materials (jewels+).

I can finally start saving skill up drops.

Kreed

Really enjoying playing with Awoken FA Lucifer. I'm basically running him the same way I run my Idunn & Idunna/Blue Sonia/Lakshmi team except now I don't have to worry about any Wood element opponents showing up and potentially making my dungeon runs harder if I didn't plan for them. I really do question why PAD still has weak elements in the game for Red, Water, and Woods teams. Back in the early days when it was harder to run light and dark teams (especially light teams due to gold dragons being rarer) it made some sense since you had to work harder to run those teams but now I don't see why they don't remove it.

Day 2 rolls were Andromeda and a dupe Saria. I crushed it this godfest on only 5 pulls. I've got 300k in my box fairly comfortably now. Hoping a new MP dragon is announced this anniversary stream so I can finally be ahead of the meta.

yami4ct

GH Japan must've known I needed to evo both my Loki and Pandas, because they dropped Aamir and Heimdallr on the same day. Got my 2 Aamir and Heimdallr at the ready now. Just need to farm a few more base mats and some XP and I'm good to go. My Awoken Panda squad is almost fully ready.

Now the dread sets in because I have to roll for Akechi on both my accounts to boost my dark squads. Think that pretty much guarantees I will 100% never see one.

Rixa

Oh we have new ranking dungeon with no dupes.
Time to bring Bane and one shot those Predras, prolly getting less penalties than bringing poisoner and losing time with comboing. Is the PreDra guaranteed drop (prolly not)?

Man and I was thinking to farm skillups for Vishnu.

Bladelaw

News Flash, Skilling Up is the most annoying mechanic in this game full stop.

I did manage to accomplish the following after an embarrassing amount of gold/stones though:
Liu Bei is max skilled
Cao Cao is max skilled
Andromeda is max skilled (I went 1 for 20 on skill ups at the end of the day...)

So my Verdandi and Bastet teams have solid damage in Liu and Vishnu (who I plan on maxing via the insect dungeon)

I'm one skill up from maxing Kagu. and man after adding Kagu to my Shiva team I've been obliterating descends. 3 TPA is no joke.

My water team is coming together. I'm rolling with Andromeda as lead based on the advice received here until I can get better Lakshmi subs. Skills are ok with Andromeda and sarasvati maxed but I've slacked on Kamui and Paulina has no skill ups at the moment.

My dark team has all the pieces in place but like my water team needs levels and skills to really be usable.

With L Meta, Elia, Valk, and xmas Archangel my Amaterasu stall team looks like it has the pieces so I might focus on that once I'm happy with blue.

All in all a good weekend.

Top Bottom