• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Kyuur

Going to be late to the AFA Lucifer party; mats aren't ready, units aren't leveled and not fully awakened. Waiting for Awoken Pandora to uvo her. Oh well.

How do you have such good dark monsters with no awakenings?

Tama retreat Is later on today. I'm going hard to make sure I get those awakenings! Okuni and Akechi I only recently evolved, Awoken Luci has 4 awakenings and Yomidra is at 8 awakenings. Just need more!

Edit: up to this point I haven't run a dark team since my dark focused Ronia team (and before that angel lucifer teams). So my red (shiva), green (Bastet) and light (A. Sakuya) teams are crazy awoken, skilled and plussed. But red and green can't beat arena, and I can't get a Kali to pull for my life (so no Sakuya arena team)

This refocus is to help get me to the next level.

Same, Satan Descended hasn't run on NA for a while afaik and I hesitate to sacrifice my partially skilled up one.
I fed away my max-level/awoken Satan without hesitation. Haven't used it in ages and would rather save the Devilits. Do you ever use Satan? I don't see him getting any more buffs in the future. But if you really need one, there's always Ultimate Devil Rush in multiplayer. Or hope it rotates into coin dungeons at some point.

Tama retreat Is later on today. I'm going hard to make sure I get those awakenings! Okuni and Akechi I only recently evolved, Awoken Luci has 4 awakenings and Yomidra is at 8 awakenings. Just need more!

Edit: up to this point I haven't run a dark team since my dark focused Ronia team (and before that angel lucifer teams). So my red (shiva), green (Bastet) and light (A. Sakuya) teams are crazy awoken, skilled and plussed. But red and green can't beat arena, and I can't get a Kali to pull for my life (so no Sakuya arena team)

This refocus is to help get me to the next level.

Gotcha. I did something similar but I don't have the deepest pool for dark.

Awoken Meimei throws a wrench in all my C10 plans. It seems like the only way past her is to burn a bunch of actives, but with 2 floors to go that doesn't seem like the best idea.

I fed away my max-level/awoken Satan without hesitation. Haven't used it in ages and would rather save the Devilits. Do you ever use Satan? I don't see him getting any more buffs in the future. But if you really need one, there's always Ultimate Devil Rush in multiplayer. Or hope it rotates into coin dungeons at some point.
The problem is that I don't have a fully equipped team to take advantage of him. So even if I did open palm slam the evolve button right now, my team would still be missing levels, skill levels, and awakenings. Still got a lot to catch up on before i can even take advantage of him.

Gotcha. I did something similar but I don't have the deepest pool for dark.

What will probably make you sick is that I also have an un-evolved Pandora... She's next after Okuni and Akechi (and finishing Yomidra and A Luci)

I still have a best frind available. If anyone is interested in a triangle

What lead?
I was thinking Lucifer. The god killer will be a big help against most of the enemies. But Meimei resisting dark means I'll probably need to activate Okuni and an orb changer. Though I could take a gamble on her providing the orbs I need.

Sakuya could also work. But I get nervous about RNG when its not a 7x6 board.

hermit7

I was thinking Lucifer. The god killer will be a big help against most of the enemies. But Meimei resisting dark means I'll probably need to activate Okuni and an orb changer. Though I could take a gamble on her providing the orbs I need.

Sakuya could also work. But I get nervous about RNG when its not a 7x6 board.

Tank the first turn and pop okuni for the second when she changes the board. A row should be enough. Alternatively you can pop Pandora and change the green to Dark for the sure thing. (Even a luci to fix the board)

What will probably make you sick is that I also have an un-evolved Pandora... She's next after Okuni and Akechi (and finishing Yomidra and A Luci)

I still have a best frind available. If anyone is interested in a triangle

What leads do you run? I still have my BF and want to get a triangle if possible. I mainly use Saria and Typhon, I've got about 300K MP in my box waiting to pull the trigger on a MP dragon. Going to build a Castor team for fun. Hoping to land A Luci, but that's probably not likely to happen. Have a lot of varied leads, but haven't gotten around to making teams with all of them.

Kwhit10

XZT6ivy.png

Messing around, 900k for yomi sub color not bad.

yami4ct

Man, I cannot tell you how much I hate Sopdet. He fucks me up every time. I've been trying to clear Challenge 7 and he's giving me a hell of a time. I just don't have fine enough damage control on my A. Ra or Shiva squads. And, all of a sudden, my skyfall 'luck' has shot through the roof and I get 2-4 extra combos every time to push me over the top.

I'm assuming A. Luci's dark color and 3x God Killer makes Sopdet an impenetrable wall as well?

Ahaha, that's a great and helpful image.

Yeah, I saw that earlier. The problem with my situation is getting one wouldn't be that big of a sacrifice (I'd just need to stop being a dummy with dupes), and I have a large number of good subs, but I feel like I'm missing 1 or 2 of the key ones. He would be killer for my Luci team, but I'm not sure if it would give me the extra push to really clear arena. I think I'm going to wait and see how the power creep of the MP Dragons goes. If I pull an Eschamali and/or Akechi between now and when YomiDra pops back up, I'll go ahead and go for him.

hermit7

Man, I cannot tell you how much I hate Sopdet. He fucks me up every time. I've been trying to clear Challenge 7 and he's giving me a hell of a time. I just don't have fine enough damage control on my A. Ra or Shiva squads. And, all of a sudden, my skyfall 'luck' has shot through the roof and I get 2-4 extra combos every time to push me over the top.

Shiva is great for that dungeon.

6 combo with one 3 fire match is under the damage threshold. And you can kill within the turn count that you have. Try working from only one side of the board for that to limit the skyfall potential.

Ducarmel

Yeah I beat challenge 7 easily with A Shiva just match 3 red orbs on Sopdet, sky fall did not matter much on my team since I refuse to plus egg it.

What leads do you run? I still have my BF and want to get a triangle if possible. I mainly use Saria and Typhon, I've got about 300K MP in my box waiting to pull the trigger on a MP dragon. Going to build a Castor team for fun. Hoping to land A Luci, but that's probably not likely to happen. Have a lot of varied leads, but haven't gotten around to making teams with all of them.

I'm not sure we will be a good match. I run A Sakuya, A Shiva, Bestcat, and now have Yomidragon and A Luci.

Also have an Awoken Ra, Ult evolved Blue Sonia,

I'm not sure we will be a good match. I run A Sakuya, A Shiva, Bestcat, and now have Yomidragon and A Luci.

Yeah, not so much. I have A. Sakuya, and a pretty good dark A. Sakuya team, but I don't have the skills to run her team yet and probably won't have that team ready any time soon. Probably going to save my BF until I make a decision on MP Dragons. Good luck though, you should be able to find somebody with those leads since they're popular.

jay23

Is awoken Neptune the worst awoken monster in the game?

I wonder if gung ho is going to continue making new ults after awoken version or just buff the monsters that need it.

ZeroAKA

I run mostly ASakuya, Bastet, and Luci too, and I haven't used my BF slot either. They're not heavily plused though. I also use ARa and Verdandi occasionally.

Lyrian

I wonder if gung ho is going to continue making new ults after awoken version or just buff the monsters that need it.

Surely.

Anything with an Awoken status (7 stars) can slotted in the system to be Uuevo'd to an 8 star card (Awoken is technically just another Uevo).

Now on the other hand, a much more intriguing dilemma could be in the works with the cards that went the Uuevo route (see Angels, Heroes, etc). UUevos are already in the 8 star range, so they can't exactly make a side evolution off those cards. They are going to either have to 1) follow the Sakuya route with a separate Awoken route (which require forcing players to abandon their UUevo to obtain the Awoken - not going to be popular) or 2) create some form of Mega-Super-Ultimate (UUUevo? - but that would create a 9 star card - reserved for MP shop?) 3) Introduce some kind of new or sideways evolution system (that's going to be harder as time goes on -- some kind of Champion system, but there is already an enormous amount of upgrades that can be placed on a single card making this a difficult prospect at best).

After all, the game is on the back end of the current upgrade cycle for cards. Pretty soon, the game will circle back around to Greek 1 for a new cycle (card numbers are now more than 1000 over the numbers for Awoken Greek 1 cards). I believe that GH has been introducing new pantheons at a rapid pace to try to slow down the inevitable start of a new upgrade lap.

Besides, it should be about time for the introduction of the next tier of rare evo mats beyond the jewels. Those are starting to be come much more common (compared to their introduction rates/availability), which would signal that the next tier of upgrade mats should be incoming in the near-moderate future (3-6 months).

Bladelaw

Ok I've burned through a bunch of materials and I think I have a pretty solid team
Awoken Shiva
Dominating Warrior King, Cao Cao
Awoken Hinokagutsuchi
Stormy God-Emperor, Yamato Takeru
Norn of the Past, Urd

All fully awoken, All max level, and only Shiva and Kagu missing skill levels. +egg levels are in the 20's so still a lot of work to do there.

Is this team multiplayer ready?

hermit7

Ok I've burned through a bunch of materials and I think I have a pretty solid team
Awoken Shiva
Dominating Warrior King, Cao Cao
Awoken Hinokagutsuchi
Stormy God-Emperor, Yamato Takeru
Norn of the Past, Urd

All fully awoken, All max level, and only Shiva and Kagu missing skill levels. +egg levels are in the 20's so still a lot of work to do there.

Is this team multiplayer ready?

Yeah that seems like a really good team. Skills on shiva aren't too important but Hino is good to have maxed when able.

razterik

JP Godfest Day 2:
So 4x means God pull rates are really poor, I guess? But hey, double Australis. Now I can run a super row team that has no skill boosts or skill bind resist, yay. Pollux is a good piece for my Thor/Saria team, came out on the wrong day though. Dupe Andromeda will fit nicely on A.Lakshmi if I ever use her.

Had 4 rolls for this godfest, rolling day 1 for DQ because she'd be a huge upgrade to my Saria team.

Rolls were:
1 - Liu Bei (NEW)
2 - Tiamat (SOLD)
3 - DQ (!!!!!!)

3 rolls, 2 of my biggest targets and my absolutely most needed monster. Now I just need to find skill-ups for DQ and get her on the squad. Have one roll tomorrow, but this GF has already been a massive success.

Two rolls today.

Osiris
Andromeda

Two great pulls for me. I can finally drop Cu Chu from my Bastet team with Osiris. And Andromeda is the perfect piece to help out my blue box. Now I need to focus on Blue Sprite before it leaves the coin dungeons.

Ducarmel

Did my part.

edit
Godfest pulls on jp server

day 1 troll gold
day 2 silver egg

4X my ass! Not even gala trolled which I would not have minded since I actually want every dark REM egg in the game.

Skipping NA godfest.

Hoping Gunho announces the cleric devil row teams need, I really like Awoken Pandora but I have to either deal with binds, or resort to bringing something off color like Kirin.

Cleared C10 on my first try.

Had to burn the Haku/Akechi combo on Meimei since she gave me a terrible board. But DIzanami + Yomidra actives allowed me to stall on Hera-is for 12 turns.

This is the first time I've really experienced the true potential of Yomidra, being able to tank/recover and hit like a truck. Definitely worth the investment.

LuffyZoro

Cleared C10 on my first try.

Had to burn the Haku/Akechi combo on Meimei since she gave me a terrible board. But DIzanami + Yomidra actives allowed me to stall on Hera-is for 12 turns.

This is the first time I've really experienced the true potential of Yomidra, being able to tank/recover and hit like a truck. Definitely worth the investment.

How plussed/skilled is your team? I have the same one and didn't think I could clear C10 with it.

How plussed/skilled is your team? I have the same one and didn't think I could clear C10 with it.
All but Akechi are max skilled. Diza is +1, Akechi +101, the rest is hypermaxed. You need at least two hypermaxed cards plus a hypermaxed friend to take Hera's preemptive.

jay23

Surely.

Anything with an Awoken status (7 stars) can slotted in the system to be Uuevo'd to an 8 star card (Awoken is technically just another Uevo).

Now on the other hand, a much more intriguing dilemma could be in the works with the cards that went the Uuevo route (see Angels, Heroes, etc). UUevos are already in the 8 star range, so they can't exactly make a side evolution off those cards. They are going to either have to 1) follow the Sakuya route with a separate Awoken route (which require forcing players to abandon their UUevo to obtain the Awoken - not going to be popular) or 2) create some form of Mega-Super-Ultimate (UUUevo? - but that would create a 9 star card - reserved for MP shop?) 3) Introduce some kind of new or sideways evolution system (that's going to be harder as time goes on -- some kind of Champion system, but there is already an enormous amount of upgrades that can be placed on a single card making this a difficult prospect at best).

After all, the game is on the back end of the current upgrade cycle for cards. Pretty soon, the game will circle back around to Greek 1 for a new cycle (card numbers are now more than 1000 over the numbers for Awoken Greek 1 cards). I believe that GH has been introducing new pantheons at a rapid pace to try to slow down the inevitable start of a new upgrade lap.

Besides, it should be about time for the introduction of the next tier of rare evo mats beyond the jewels. Those are starting to be come much more common (compared to their introduction rates/availability), which would signal that the next tier of upgrade mats should be incoming in the near-moderate future (3-6 months).

Thanks for clearing that up for some reason I was thinking awoken is the final form.

I expect them to reveal a lot of new things on the 19th. People on padx are speculating awoken Greco Romans with the release of Hephaestus Descended. Also expecting awoken Indra and Vritra to finish up the Indian 1 series.

Not only pantheons but they're also releasing a bunch of new gfes at a rapid pace without giving some of the old monsters a new ult. Releasing new cards makes them more money so that's priority.

LuffyZoro

All but Akechi are max skilled. Diza is +1, Akechi +101, the rest is hypermaxed. You need at least two hypermaxed cards plus a hypermaxed friend to take Hera's preemptive.

Hmm, okay. My Yomidra is my only hyper on the team, with Okuni at ~+100. Hopefully next time 10x comes around I can finish him off and maybe work on Haku. Skillups are a pain too, with Diza being the only sub even skilled at little bit at lvl 5.

Bladelaw

Grats. Lakshmi + Andromeda is a killer double pull, what other water subs do you have?
Hatsume, sarasvati, and Amon are the big ones. Also Zhou Yu, Fenrir, Siegfried, and Muse

Is there a team in there? Water is the only element I don't have a team for.

Ayy figured out how to save my tablet that won't charge with a cord anymore. Bought one of those wireless charging pads and it's working.

Obviously not the longest term solution, but the tablet works just fine otherwise.

Anyway, through three rolls today between my two accounts:

Archangel Gabriel
Sarasvati
Andromeda

Good pulls?

Ayy figured out how to save my tablet that won't charge with a cord anymore. Bought one of those wireless charging pads and it's working.

Obviously not the longest term solution, but the tablet works just fine otherwise.

Anyway, through three rolls today between my two accounts:

Archangel Gabriel
Sarasvati
Andromeda

Good pulls?

Depends on the rest of your box. Those are really good pulls if you already have a nice blue box. If anything its a start towards a good one.

Gabriel and Andromeda is really nice if you have Ryune, Idunn and Idunna or Laksmi.

Sarasvati is a good lead once you have low cool down subs. Though your probably need at least one 5 single orb changer (Hatsume, Blue Valkyrie or Blue Mystic knight).

Top Bottom