• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I remember back when I was max skilling my RB Ame no Uzume (took so much work, evoing shitty Angry Bird collab dungeon trash) someone questioned me, wondering why I'd bother to max skill it when the Awoken was about to be released. Well that Ame literally just won me the Kaguya descend. Twice, on both difficulties. And now I never have to do that dumpster dungeon ever again as long as I live.

Bladelaw

Ok so Revo Ra is awesome as hell for getting through Machine Zeus. The following team is something I'm going to be working toward since there's less RNG than Machine Hera to deal with (Sadalimek is super trolly with skyfall) for farming Orpharion bits.

Here's the lowdown:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...guide_dacho_updated_his_mzeus_carry_team_for/

Assuming everything is max skilled 16 SB is enough to get everything off the ground. If not each naga should be replaced by a delay with skill boosts to match the missing skill ups.

Team A:
R.Ra (NON AWOKEN Hades) This is because Machine zeus has specific behavior based on his HP. This can live on either Ra
New Years Takeru (LKali) (can be normal YT just need a red attribute and 3 SB)
Khepri
Tengu (Enhance)
Gunma (Indra) 3 SDR

Team 2:
R.Ra
Naga x 3
Tengu

Any 0-combos can be one combo EXCEPT AGAINST ZEUS. this is useful if Hades or Ra aren't max skilled it's just 0 combo here for speed.

FL1: A: 1 combo, B: 0-1 combo, A: Gunma(Indra) kill
FL2: B: Pass, A: Gunma kill
FL3: B: 0 combo, A: Gunma Kill
FL4: B: 5 match try to maintain all colors on the board, can 1 or 0 combo if everyone has SDR, A: Ra (non hades)
FL5: A: Gunma Kill
FL6: B: Delay, 0-combo, A: Gunma Kill
FL7: B: Delay, 0-combo, A: Gunma Kill, B: poke
FL8: A: Gunma Kill
FL9: B: Delay, Clear jammers and up to 3 mortal poison orbs if your HP is > 50%, A: Gunma Kill
FL10: B: Ra (Hades), 0 combo, Zeus tries to bind both leads, A: If the board has all 5 colors, Khepri, Tengu (Enhance), 6 combo with all 5 colors. If the board doesn't have all 5 colors use YT(Lkali), then Khepri, then enhance then kill.

Enhance can be almost anything 2x or better, Dacho uses Carat and I would be too, Delays need to be 1 turn, 1 turn, and 2 turns to work, Lkali can be swapped with Sherias or anything that makes an Lkali board. Khepri can be replaced if you can consistently hit 8 combos, I can't lol. B side can inherit something useful on Tengu like Lkali, a shield, or Hades to make the carrier's job easier.

A side should be full 297, B side's Ra should be but I'm not sure if it's required. I'm only missing non-awoken hades and I'm not reverting my awoken hades. I have everything else I just need to skill up khepri and slap some SDR on Gunma.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
OK Lightning got buffed - i have her up for now
if anyone needs more L friends.

Bladelaw

Where are the best places to put dragon destroyer tsubaki? I can see her on specialized Krishna teams, Ilm/Minerva, ACC. I guess she's more of a tool in the event you need to absolutely wreck a dragon. I'll be taking Krishna with her as backup against Ninegaruda later.

I have 5 so I'm going to be making at least one the dragon killer and maybe sticking her on Krish/Ilm. Probably good for Myr skillup farming.

Just need to finish skilling all of them up, jesus. At least the dungeon has a bunch of other very useful skillup fodder (akechi/sanada/raphael? I think?)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Christmas Gacha is a obvious trap...pulled once though and got lucky - Ars Paulina, wanted her for a while. Blue Power.

Bladelaw

Star Den is tonight at 7pm for me. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to run it though. My coin supply is dangerously low and I usually blow through about 6 million coins on star den day. Can't wait for the inheritance change.

What's the most cost efficient way to combine +eggs? I've just been combining sloppy because it clears out more space faster.

b33r

We got the third batch of free mp in JP today, I bought Neptune Dragon, I'm all in on water on that account. Gives me something to work on, I have most of the mats for both evolutions minus Noah Dragon. most aren't evolved, so this will take some time.

Still have 100k mp left and we are still getting another 90k for free, I hope NA gets this eventually.

Bladelaw

We got the third batch of free mp in JP today, I bought Neptune Dragon, I'm all in on water on that account. Gives me something to work on, I have most of the mats for both evolutions minus Noah Dragon. most aren't evolved, so this will take some time.

Still have 100k mp left and we are still getting another 90k for free, I hope NA gets this eventually.

What if anything should a new account grab? I have Meri and since you're rocking Nepdra that seems like a wasted expense for me. I feel like banking the points is probably going to be my best bet.

Re: +egg feeds

after a little research it looks like the fastest most cost effective way is this:
For single +'s get a bunch of +6, then feed 5 +6 to a +1 (+31) repeat (+62), repeat (+93). Then combine a +6 with 3 +31s (+99).

19 feeds per +99 in each stat: each +6 is one feed, each +31 is 6 feeds 3 times (18 feeds) then the last feed putting them all together = 19

For the +6's at the end (+2 in each stat), build up +36s (+12 in each stat)
combine 6 +36's to a +216 (+72 each stat)
combine 2 more +36 and +1 in each stat with the +216

7 feeds for the +216
2 more feeds for the last +36's
1 final feed to get +297

I think that's right.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
STTD feels like chump work after that +egg PEM. They should up it so the trash floors all give +3 and the boss floor gives +9 at least.

i'm scared to buy anything with MP because I know some OP mess is just around the corner

also scarlet sky dimension dragon is super boring after the 85th run

thank god the akechi skillups are in the other two.

jiggle

Really hard to find the motivation to farm mechanical stars and genies skill ups right now
Knowing guaranteed skill up is just acouple of months away

J0dy77

i'm scared to buy anything with MP because I know some OP mess is just around the corner

also scarlet sky dimension dragon is super boring after the 85th run

thank god the akechi skillups are in the other two.

I've been torn about this myself and I think the answer depends on how much MP you're sitting on and your current high end teams. I'm sitting on 500k MP right now and debating if Ra Dragon is worth it since I already have Myr. The other factor to keep in mind is that Gungho will be giving us 300k MP if they carry over the current JP even that is going on at some point.

I'm sure the next great wave of cards will be 500k and we'll need to bank for that but I'm still not sure if Ra Dragon is that much better than Myr for anything at this point. Will have to see. I have double D. Kali already hypermaxed so it's really tempting. Casually been working on the evo mats in prep in case i take the plunge.

Against my better judgement I went to the reddit today and that crowd seemed rather pessimistic about the idea of a large MP gift, but it would be nice.

I saw that Setsu had moved Ronove down a tier while Myr/Ra Dragon/Kaede remain at the top so I'm not super anxious to blow anything on Ra Dragon despite nearing 300k as long as I'm about to secure Myr. I don't much like heavy combo leaders anyway.

LiQuid!

For the upcoming King Tan/Guaranteed skill up system, you still need skill up fodder right? So it would make more sense to just horde the fodder for now rather than feeding it?

Anyone else bored of Heart cross teams? Myr just made them so boring for me cause I used her so much. I need more combo leads...I think I'm am going to max out a Revo bastet team. Some advice.

Bastet, Verdandi, Visnu, Parvati(Bind Clear)

Last spot is between Spica, Meimei or Artemis.

Who's the best fit?

LiQuid!

Wouldn't say bored. Playing Ronove has always been challenging for me because I'm bad at PAD, so it's nice to have Krishna who is much, much easier to play.
GungHo needs to raise the MP cap

do you really want to wait for two months to get the update

Yes, actually. Skilling up cards is crushing my soul.

skilling up is fun :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

it's actually incredibly fun you just need to keep trying over and over, it's like a fun little minigame :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

think of all the fun things you'll be able to accomplish with one fewer turn required to activate a skill for your niche card, and you only need to run about 28 hours worth of stamina to get it :))))))))))))))))))))

anyway thankfully I'm at a low enough level so that SSDD exp is almost sustaining, so that I can keep going over and over and over all over again, and over and over

I suppose one benefit is that my cap finally pushed past 200 so I can grind EKMD 4x now

Okamid3n

I haven't had to seriously bother skilling up things in like a year. I just feed whatever skill up fodder I have in hand, and when I really want something, I stuff piis in the card's face.

For example, I got Sanada the other day, checked to see if his skill up fodder was available in the coin dungeons, realized it wasn't at the moment and just fed 5 piis. A couple days later, and now we have Scarlet Sky dragon dungeon to skill him up. Don't worry, I still have like 20 red piis, minimum. Honestly, if I don't use this stuff up, I'll hit the 365 days mail limit and have to unload them all in my box.

You guys would've literally just quit the game if you saw how stupid it was to skill up things years ago. Heck, my first post in the neogaf puzzle and dragons OT was complaining about how dumb skilling up Echidna was, making me want to quit the game.

Bladelaw

I was watching some vids as they popped up on YouTube to convince myself to Revo Venus and Hades, and decide on which Tsubaki I should go for (basically should I keep one as the leader version or not)

A couple things stood out.
Revo Venus is a valid but cheesy clear of Machine Zeus. I'd still go for the Ra setup personally
Revo Hades is a surprisingly reliable clear of Machine Hera.
Dragon Killer Tsubaki makes SDR a complete joke of a dungeon

I need to see if I can find anyone willing to experiment with DK tsubaki on SDR. I saw a machine Zeus led team absolutely destroy it.

Kwhit10

I was watching some vids as they popped up on YouTube to convince myself to Revo Venus and Hades, and decide on which Tsubaki I should go for (basically should I keep one as the leader version or not)

A couple things stood out.
Revo Venus is a valid but cheesy clear of Machine Zeus. I'd still go for the Ra setup personally
Revo Hades is a surprisingly reliable clear of Machine Hera.
Dragon Killer Tsubaki makes SDR a complete joke of a dungeon

I need to see if I can find anyone willing to experiment with DK tsubaki on SDR. I saw a machine Zeus led team absolutely destroy it.

I have everything ready for the new ra dragon when it comes except machine zeus. I don't have either ALB team for coop. But I've seen an awoken UY team do it solo that I could pull off but I need some more tamadras and also tans for inheritance.

Do you have the link to the Venus video?

J0dy77

Against my better judgement I went to the reddit today and that crowd seemed rather pessimistic about the idea of a large MP gift, but it would be nice.

I saw that Setsu had moved Ronove down a tier while Myr/Ra Dragon/Kaede remain at the top so I'm not super anxious to blow anything on Ra Dragon despite nearing 300k as long as I'm about to secure Myr. I don't much like heavy combo leaders anyway.

I would be shocked if we didn't get the 300k MP that JP just got. Any major event that has occured in JP eventually makes its way over to the US version. It may take 9 months to long (looking at you +egg PEM) but it does happen.

Anyone else bored of Heart cross teams? Myr just made them so boring for me cause I used her so much. I need more combo leads...I think I'm am going to max out a Revo bastet team. Some advice.

Bastet, Verdandi, Visnu, Parvati(Bind Clear)

Last spot is between Spica, Meimei or Artemis.

Who's the best fit?

The heart meta seems to have hung around longer than most playstyles in recent memory. I'm ok with it though since it's a lot of fun to play. Gungho has been doing a very good job of buffing everything just enough to make a lot of teams viable while leaving the Heart meta right at the top. You don't have to play hearts all the time, challenge yourself to play with other teams. It makes the game more fun and enjoyable. I'm having fun going back to TPA teams right now between Reshiva and Noctis on my JP account.

Wow Krishna is strong. I put together a jank team of Krishna/Sanada/RValk/Tsubaki/Chiyome and have crazy HP and can hit 1mil+ for several cards with a single row despite NO cards being max leveled/evolved, and RCV is bonkers. I need to do some evoing and awakening but I get the hype. I should level Urd... Stalling for actives is annoying though.

You guys would've literally just quit the game if you saw how stupid it was to skill up things years ago. Heck, my first post in the neogaf puzzle and dragons OT was complaining about how dumb skilling up Echidna was, making me want to quit the game.

I believe it, honestly. I'm not at the point yet where I can farm Arena and although I have a small pii stockpile I'm super duper wary about blowing them, especially on monsters with farmable fodder.

Bladelaw

I have everything ready for the new ra dragon when it comes except machine zeus. I don't have either ALB team for coop. But I've seen an awoken UY team do it solo that I could pull off but I need some more tamadras and also tans for inheritance.

Do you have the link to the Venus video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUN1nGGwNr4
Solo clear the team:
Maniac HP badge
Revo Venus (Awoken Apollo)
Wedding Gadius (Awoken Orochi)
Myr (Gemstone inherit)
Paimon
Apocalypse
Revo Venus (2 turn delay)

Based on the clear video the things you absolutely need:
1 turn Delay for Sherospada (to break resolve)
2 turn Delay for Diadem (to clear jammers and set up the kill board)
Bind clear since Venus isn't bind immune
> 1980 autoheal this lets you stall indefinitely against Machine Zeus. More lets you clear mortal poisons without wasting actives on generating heals.

Wedding Gadius can be replaced by any light unbindable bind clear
Myr is a stat stick and can be replaced by any other stat stick, you can use her heart making for emergency heals while stalling before zeus if needed.
Paimon can be replaced by any short cooldown light+heart maker (Wukong/DQXQ for instance)
Apoc can be replaced by Light Cecil (actually a really good choice due to his auto heals)

I'm looking at trying the following once she's releveled:
Revo Venus (Awoken Apollo)
Awoken Sakuya (Delay)
Ariel
Myr (Facet)
Apoc
Revo Venus (Delay)

The strategy is pretty simple: stall on light floors, use actives on non-light floors, delays as noted above. unbind Venus ASAP if she gets bound. Apoc +Apollo bi color board for the 8 combo finish. If you flub just stall until actives are up again.

I believe it, honestly. I'm not at the point yet where I can farm Arena and although I have a small pii stockpile I'm super duper wary about blowing them, especially on monsters with farmable fodder.
You'll build up a surplus before too long if you clear the challenge descends/dungeons when they show up and you don't blow the piis on trivial stuff.

I have never farmed alt techs or arena for them and I have 20+ each in the mailbox.

Kwhit10

Thanks

I think I'd have to do:
Revo Venus (a. Apollo)
L. Meta (gadius)
Apoc
A. DQXQ
Myr (facet)
Revo Venus

That way I'd can either apoc+dqxq or gadius+apollo

Lmeta can be a short cool down emergency heal as well.

Bladelaw

So I just burned way too much stamina/stones/whatever on Super King Carnival to relevel Venus, Hades, and Minerva.

I took Hades for a spin in endless to see if adding Sephiroth to the "Kill Mech Hera" team would totally screw me over vs sadalimek. The answer is "Probably". I'm still going to try and run it the next time I have stamina to burn just to see how it pans out. A single dark prong and 4 combos has the team hitting for around 200k each (seph hitting 240k). As long as another dark skyfall doesn't happen I'm good. I'll need to find a home for a delay inherit I think but I'll try it "clean" no inherits once just so I know if I need something vs it being a luxury.

EDIT: yeah definitely need a shield inherit. 47036 fire preempt on floor 8 is more HP than I have. Orochi style delay is required if I want to bring Sephiroth to the party.

LiQuid!

Wow Krishna is strong. I put together a jank team of Krishna/Sanada/RValk/Tsubaki/Chiyome and have crazy HP and can hit 1mil+ for several cards with a single row despite NO cards being max leveled/evolved, and RCV is bonkers. I need to do some evoing and awakening but I get the hype. I should level Urd... Stalling for actives is annoying though.

Once your Urd is done, your Krishy team is pretty top tier. If you get an active bind clear for the team (having both leaders bound is pretty devastating) and 5 SBR you're set for life.

The idea isn't that you're stalling "for actives" with Krishna tho. It will be a lot easier to do when you have yours max skilled but the idea is you can always have a Krish active popped between you and your friend leader, so you always have red skyfall buff and you just store your red orbs (4 in each lower corner) until you have enough to do your 3 combo with maybe a row or prong for good measure, as needed. Just stalling for red orbs is good enough to clear 80% of the floors. Save actives for bosses or mechanic enemies you need to surpass.

ccbfan

Once your Urd is done, your Krishy team is pretty top tier. If you get an active bind clear for the team (having both leaders bound is pretty devastating) and 5 SBR you're set for life.

The idea isn't that you're stalling "for actives" with Krishna tho. It will be a lot easier to do when you have yours max skilled but the idea is you can always have a Krish active popped between you and your friend leader, so you always have red skyfall buff and you just store your red orbs (4 in each lower corner) until you have enough to do your 3 combo with maybe a row or prong for good measure, as needed. Just stalling for red orbs is good enough to clear 80% of the floors. Save actives for bosses or mechanic enemies you need to surpass.

Any other advice for Krishna teams? Pull one PCGF and I hear that he's probably the best non - cross lead in the game right now for NA.

I have these as possible subs.

Lei Lan
Yamato
Tsubaki
Freyr
Urd x2
Chimoya
Cao Cao
Minerva x 2
Belial
Gadius
Rozuel
Ronia

Bladelaw

Any other advice for Krishna teams? Pull one PCGF and I hear that he's probably the best non - cross lead in the game right now for NA.

I have these as possible subs.

Lei Lan
Yamato
Tsubaki
Freyr
Urd x2
Chimoya
Cao Cao
Minerva x 2
Belial
Gadius
Rozuel
Ronia
You have everything you need to make a great Krishna team. Sanada Yukimura is the only big name you're missing.

I would go rows and use the following team:
Krishna
Awoken Leilan
Yamato
Awoken Cao Cao
Rozuel

Krishna's sub pool is so open that all you really need to do is fill a couple essential roles then fill in the gaps as dungeons require. You need a board change, heart makers, rows, and bind clear.

Awoken Leilan combo's perfectly with Yamato for a 2/3 fire 1/3 heart board which lets you burst for a silly amount of damage. Yamato can be an emergency heart makers and unbinder if he isn't also bound.

Awoken Cao Cao is a delay, fire orb generator, and garbage clear. A ton of utility, great stats, perfect awakenings.

Rozuel is becoming my go to for fire bind clearing. She makes hearts and can have a bind clear inherited on her for additional utility. She also hits like a truck when you don't have enough orbs to make a row.

The only thing you might be missing is a burst but I'm having trouble thinking of a threat you'd need to burst on that hard. Radar dragons and Arena Kali I guess?

Jagernaut

1 correction, Leilan + Yamato gives you 2/3 fire 1/3 light, no hearts. Urd + Sanada is superior if you have them. Or Urd + Cao Cao for resolve. I still don't have Sanada.

b33r

I was just looking over the bleach collab changes and I didn't realize ichigo got an awoken form that changes his play style entirely. Tanky, 110+ multiplier, row lead, with a better than gemstone princess burst built in! Holy hell I wish I had him now.

@bladelaw, are you going to go that way with him, or use the new rainbow form?

The no-active stall is kind of a frustrating way for me to play after having fun with the whizz-bang nonstop go-go-go of the Sarasvati/Ilm style of pop skill > activate full multiplier > enemy dies

With Ilm it's frequently possible to get the easy 100x without any active used, and there are only maybe 1-2 turns in the sequence without the ability to use an active.

The tank and RCV make up for that I guess, but it would be annoying for me to sit on trash floors and hoard orbs before doing it all over again. Probably necessary in harder dungeons but I've been able to slice through some surprisingly tough dungeons pretty easily. Haste/a system is great.

Anyway my free Christmas roll was Hatsume, who actually looks okay-ish for a Krish sub? OK stats, a fire row, SBR, and dragon killer, and her skillup mats are in the dungeon. Also I don't know whether to put another Sanada on the team (I have 4). Relatively long cooldown even at max.

LiQuid!

That Xmas roll doesn't have the best damage awakenings but she beats RValk as a fast orb maker (doesn't eat your hearts and has an SBR) so I'd say use her if you max skill her.

Personally I consider a fast orb changer essential for a Krishna team. He's super hungry for orbs and often due to bad skyfall I'll find myself in a situation where I want to activate 9x but don't have the orbs to do so.

Bladelaw

I was just looking over the bleach collab changes and I didn't realize ichigo got an awoken form that changes his play style entirely. Tanky, 110+ multiplier, row lead, with a better than gemstone princess burst built in! Holy hell I wish I had him now.

@bladelaw, are you going to go that way with him, or use the new rainbow form?
I'm planning on waiting on new Ra dragon. Once I know how it plays I'll decide if changing his form is worth it or if he's more useful as an inherit on the team.

Okamid3n

I can't wait for Ra Dragon evo, I'm so ready.

Also, what evo is best for Sanada subbing in a Krishna team? I was convinced for R/R but I saw someone say R/D.

jiggle

So out of my league
I can't even consistently do 1 color and a cross at the same time

Edit
Weird how the main character got the worst art treatment
Kaworu on the other hand

5 colors is not hard if the buff is carried over, and I hit all 5 maybe 8-10% of my Ronove matches mostly due to skyfall.

a fairly reliable x81 and 75% shield with a not miniscule chance of x324 is really really good

Okamid3n

Any dungeon in which you need that much power has pre-emptives every floor, though, so the cross doesn't carry over from floor to floor.

EDIT : Just saw Kaworu's AS/LS:

Active: Changes board to 5 attributes + heal orbs. 1.5x ATK to God and Attacker types for 1 turn.
LS: 2.5x ATK/RCV to God and Attacker type cards. 5x ATK and greatly reduces damage taken (35%?) when attacking with Fire, Water, Wood, Dark, and Heal orbs.

At first glance, it looks great, until you realise you can't stall big hits without also doing x156 damage at the same time.

Isn't this the first damage reduction LS that requires matching colors instead of heart cross, though? A sign of things to come.

Bladelaw

Taking another look at Awoken Ichigo trying to think if it gets me anything I don't already have.

Pros:
-Unbindable dark lead
-Absurd spike
-Krishna level passive HP/ATK
-Row focus for more damage
-Massive sub pool*
-No Skyfalls means fuck you Sopdet/Parvati

Cons:
-Losing Dkali active and associated skill ups
-No skyfalls is a double edged sword. I suck and they save me more than kill me especially against combo shields.
-*Need to find RCV in subs potentially limiting sub choices
-Rows leave less room to combo making combo shields even more difficult to bypass

I have Noctis for a tanky dark lead, I have all the gemstones for a crazy burst (when would I need something like Awoken Ichigo's burst?). The pros are huge but I'm not sure if it's enough for me to switch when Uevo Ra Dragon is right around the corner.

Top Bottom