• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

does anyone have opinions on The Final Getsugatensho, Ichigos' new Uevo?

It looks like a strong farm lead, considering making a team around it - haven't really been playing and bothering to use my stamina

maybe a new farm lead would help.
I haven't built it myself but it looks absurdly strong. Not just as a farm lead either. Great damage control, insane burst, and a huge subpool while also being unbindable so you don't lose the tankiness. I'm in the process of making it happen and I'll report back once I'm done. I think I'm short an izanami though.

I like how having a 1.5x all stat multiplier is now the baseline minimum that all the crazy ATK burst is added onto, when back in 2012 just having that multiplier made you a top tier lead

Adeptrain

You have Liu Bei which is already a big plus in creating the perfect farming/coop team which will help you save alot of time in the long run. Your aim should be to Awaken Liu Bein and farm/max skill 3 Zeus Dios Ult Evo while working on other stuff.

Getting Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun with coop help from a Gaffer shouldnt be too difficult...same for the Jewels via Challenges.

Then again you are only Rank 7...but you already have so many REM pulls ? Maybe first spend some time clearing normal dungeons before going for the Awoken Liu Bei route.

Thx! I'll look into lvl up and awakening Liu Bei. Yeah, I think my friend spent money on this account before giving it to me...I'm rather grateful to him :)

Adeptrain

I'd recommend a dark team. You have 3 capable leads that also make great subs in Persephone, Pandora, and Durga.

Pandora is probably the easiest to use since all you need to do is match darks in a row. The wrinkle is her awoken leadership strongly encourages devils on your team which isn't always the easiest to field.

Persephone and Durga does best with Two-pronged attacks (match 4 orbs, no more, no less).

Durga has an added rainbow component to her damage multiplier.

Given your box I'd probably build up awoken Persephone to start. She has a strong defensive boost, a large sub pool, and easy activation.

Try clearing normals and farm Evo materials to build up this team:

Awoken Persephone
Smiting Hand Slayer Goddess, Durga
Destruction Blade Mechanical Star God, Castor
Snow Star Byakko, Haku
Awoken Pandora

The important thing to note with Awoken Persephone is you need to match dark and blue in the same turn.

You can swap Durga and Persephone and still have a functioning team but I'd probably swap Haku for DKali at that point.

Awoken Pandora's team will look a little different since you're a little short on good devils.

Awoken Pandora
Snow Star Byakko Haku
Awoken Persephone (can also use her dark/red Evo)
Castor
Hamal

I would work on the other team until you get more devils personally. Zuoh and Aketchi are big parts of strong Awoken Pandora team.

Thank you SO MUCH for giving me a team to work towards! Honestly, I was rather lost on what to work on! I'll awake Persephone and Liu Bei asap!

W-00

Thank you SO MUCH for giving me a team to work towards! Honestly, I was rather lost on what to work on! I'll awake Persephone and Liu Bei asap!

I'd make a modification to the Pandora team Bladelaw suggested: Instead of Hamal, use Anubis. More specifically, use Awoken Anubis. You lose Hamal's haste, but he still clears trash orbs (jammer and poison orbs), plus: He's a devil, so he'll get the boost from Pandora and he's unbindable (binds are basically a Pandora team's biggest weakness). Furthermore, Anubis has a new evolution coming (a reincarnated evolution, or "revo" for short), which will add on the ability to remove several turns of binds by matching a row of heart orbs.

Then again, you're probably further from getting the material for that than you are the material for A. Persephone, so yeah, focus on her for now. This is just something to keep in mind for the future.

b33r

Another thing to consider once you can consistently do 5 combos is making dark Kanna. Put whatever dark orb makers/prongers on and she is great. For early game her static multiplier is enough, for later game a match of 4 darks and 5+ combos is enough damage for most things. The team has a ton of hp too.

I'm well over level 500 and she is my main lead right now.

eek sorry @blade in retrospect I should have saved ALB for the binds

I got some jewels out of that stamina bar though and lots of skillup fodder so I'm happy

Bladelaw

eek sorry @blade in retrospect I should have saved ALB for the binds

I got some jewels out of that stamina bar though and lots of skillup fodder so I'm happy
No worries. Due to my inherit kraken makes the last couple floors a pain.

I burned a whole stamina bar hunting fire jewels to swap my tsubaki and came up with 4 lights, 2 darks, and a wood lol

b33r

@Bladelaw

Awoken Ichigo is strong, I was just messing around with him paired with Luci. Think of him as a dark, unbindable, Meri with an absurd burst active. He will be able to farm very quickly and efficiently, and probably crush most end game content. Combo shields I see as his toughest challenge.

Yeah I want him. Will probably roll a few times on the rem as I also would like a Rukia and there is some good silvers for inherit.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
RMI is just... it's such a supreme waste of stamina. I hate it so much. They need to spin jewels out into their own guerrilla or daily and nuke the entire RMI dungeon. All of the monsters that it drops skill ups for are old ass outdated versions of cards that don't even need that skill up trash anymore. 400 stamina spent and zero green jewels. Better luck next week I suppose.

I was going to tut-tut and say that easier jewels would break a lot of the early/mid game and make evoing monsters trivial and keep the power creep train pushing ever forward etc. but

3 guaranteed jewels for 25 stamina

...excuse me

I guess it makes sense if you're going to make them skillup fodder, better make an easier way to obtain them

still.

Okamid3n

I was gonna wait for RaDra's ult to beat Arena 3, but I decided to go ahead and beat it with Myr. Wasn't too bad. I got Hera Dragon which is a little scary, but I managed to hit pretty close to the damage shield on most turns.

Good old Myr still has it in her.

Bladelaw

I was gonna wait for RaDra's ult to beat Arena 3, but I decided to go ahead and beat it with Myr. Wasn't too bad. I got Hera Dragon which is a little scary, but I managed to hit pretty close to the damage shield on most turns.

Good old Myr still has it in her.
Congratulations! Any chance you got the drop? I'd love to make UEvo Yomidra but I can't stand A3.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Tried Mion with my Krishna teams. Got to her and battled with dumbfuck mechanics for a half hour and then finally got my opportunity for a killing blow and got her down to about 2% HP. Fuck that place.

Bladelaw

JP stream was full of sadness for me.
Gremory gets a buff
Revo Susano and Revo Orochi don't do much for me.
FOTNS buffs do nothing for me since I won't be rolling.
Ariel lost the arena race
No Satsuki buff.
Don't have Baldin either so meh.

The plusses for me:
Balboa's split ults are both useful and I can work with either.
Three Kingdoms 2 has my favorite dynasty warriors character Xiahou Dun.

Ducarmel

I did not watch the stream but reading the notes it looks like it was good. Glad Gremory is getting buffed.

Fujin looks like he will be a sought after inherit card. I do wonder if status shield blocks his active skill, he is useless if it does.

Adeptrain

Hi. Quick question. I'm currently trying to run dungeons to increase my rank (already 16! Woot!) and found the special Xmas dungeon to be the best.... My question is about the cards in here... Are they good cards? They all seem to be Xmas versions of monsters already in the game. Are they Wirth lvling and using?

Also. Why does it cost so much to lvl God's up!? Like 40,000 gold!! I don't have that yet! ㅠㅠ

Hi. Quick question. I'm currently trying to run dungeons to increase my rank (already 16! Woot!) and found the special Xmas dungeon to be the best.... My question is about the cards in here... Are they good cards? They all seem to be Xmas versions of monsters already in the game. Are they Wirth lvling and using?

Also. Why does it cost so much to lvl God's up!? Like 40,000 gold!! I don't have that yet! ㅠㅠ
The primary purpose of the drops from the Xmas dungeon is to skill up cards from the Christmas gacha. Feeding cards with identical skills gives a ~10% chance of leveling up the skill, boosted by various events. Never attempt to skill up cards at 1x rates, and it's not worth feeding dupe rare egg machine pulls for a chance at a skillup.

The best dungeon to level up in at an early stage is the Normal dungeon Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower. You can actually chain run that dungeon all the way up to rank 68 or something like that... you should really try to hit rank 30 by the end of today though, so you have enough stamina to run the "EXP of a lifetime" dungeon which gives 200k rank experience.

Okamid3n

Secret level 11 challenge dungeon? What is it?

Also :
New GFE 6 stars
Fujin
God / Attacker
Active: Voids enemy damage absorbs for 1 turn. 1 turn haste. 19 turns max cooldown
LS: 3x ATK to Attacker type cards. 2.5x ATK and 25% damage reduction with 6 or more combos.

That's crazy. I assume this works on stuff like "absorbs damage over 200k" and such. Of course it would be a 6-stars GFE... Also, for people who wanted a combo lead that reduces damage taken for doing combos. Well, there you go! Enjoy! Or don't enjoy, because it's a 6-stars GFE!

I'll have to hunt a Ra Dragon friend with that skill as an inherit whenever that comes out in NA months from now.

Also, split ult Rodin will have 6 rows. Looking at my box, I'll be able make a team with 25 rows before even counting the other leader. It'd have three useless poison actives and be a terrible team, but so many roooowwwsss!

There's also a new pantheon coming and they all remove locked orb status. I should start saving stones.

Combo lead with damage reduction after certain amount of combos! It's like they read my suggestions. I need that monster but rolling for a single for GFE is a pain. I may just horde every stone from now till it's release.

Secret level 11 challenge dungeon? What is it?
it gets sent to you in the mail after you complete the new set of challenge dungeons. One floor vs ult satan, pre-empt 100mil damage null (lol), 600mil HP (lololol), starts off with 6cd but does a new gimmick at 50% health where he becomes a 1cd haymaker.

Reward for clear: god killer latent

jiggle

So many collabs and new cards
So little buffs
Gungho be whale hunting in 2016

I'm shook it took this long for a diao chan card
And they didn't get Raita to draw it, whaaa

Edit another free 150k monster points after 390k
Nice

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
gremory buff? hopefully she's a good sub, I'd like to run some dark teams sometime but apparently she's outclassed as a leader

also I'm glad I have two balboas!

gremory buff? hopefully she's a good sub, I'd like to run some dark teams sometime but apparently she's outclassed as a leader

also I'm glad I have two balboas!

Gremory is top tier if you have the team for her. Myr's better because she's tankier and is easier to team build, but Gremory puts out crazy damage. I prefer Gremory to Myr but play Myr most of the time because of co-op.

W-00

Happy holidays, PAD-GAF.

New buffs/evos are pretty good for my alt. It has Baldin, Balboa, and Gremory, and at the very least Balboa's bind-immunity and bind-clearing will be useful. It also has Orochi (as does my main), but I'm not convinced that the Revo bonuses are worth losing the green subtyping.

Rather annoyed that it looks like we really won't be getting the 300K MP - at least not for a long time. I was hoping my alt would be able to buy Plum with it, but it looks like I'll have to farm the MP the old-fashioned way. At least the alt has an ALB and a Ra, so the farming should be simple.

I hope NY Spica is good, just because I'm still looking for a Spica. Her color pattern makes me think she'll be G/L (or possibly G/F).

Bladelaw

I too rolled a thing...
z2eA3Dd.png

Adeptrain

The primary purpose of the drops from the Xmas dungeon is to skill up cards from the Christmas gacha. Feeding cards with identical skills gives a ~10% chance of leveling up the skill, boosted by various events. Never attempt to skill up cards at 1x rates, and it's not worth feeding dupe rare egg machine pulls for a chance at a skillup.

The best dungeon to level up in at an early stage is the Normal dungeon Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower. You can actually chain run that dungeon all the way up to rank 68 or something like that... you should really try to hit rank 30 by the end of today though, so you have enough stamina to run the "EXP of a lifetime" dungeon which gives 200k rank experience.

I just went from rank 30 to rank 49 doing the exp of a lifetime O_O

Thx for the suggestion!

hermit7

I just went from rank 30 to rank 49 doing the exp of a lifetime O_O

Thx for the suggestion!

If you can get another you get a free roll from the Bleach collab.

I assume it comes anytime you log in after within the next week but I am actually not 100 percent sure.

LiQuid!

I wish they would stop giving me complementary rolls for all these garbage collabs. All it is is minus one box space for a piece of silver garbage I don't want and will never use but feel compelled to keep because it came out of a REM.

hermit7

Free roll from bleach...

Ichigo.

My second so I guess I will go for the alt evo.

My first is max skilled so it doesn't seem wise to waste that. I am pleased I guess. It isn't a priority but seems like farming can be done fairly quickly. Not that I specifically need that with other cards though.

Bladelaw

I'm assuming Bleach collab ain't worth rolling on

Also, I got Orhime.. Q_Q
Sado is a great silver but aside from that you're not wrong. There's value at every level but it's real scattershot whether you need it or not.

It is the best collab for farming teams though.

Okamid3n

Got Kisuke. Maybe a super quick row will be useful in farming stuff, iunno.

I'm not rolling this machine because the only cards I want are 6 stars.

Top Bottom