• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

Must save free rolls until tomorrow. Must save free rolls until tomorrow. Just because I feel like I'll be luckier tomorrow.

According to Reddit, the Gremory buff is a straight-up damage increase (6x -> 6.5x on cross). That's enough that a cross + dark combo deals too much damage to Sopdet. The Japanese players are so angry about it that GungHo is (supposedly) taking another look at her and considering different ways to buff her.

Must save free rolls for tomorrow...

b33r

I just did a yolo roll on bleach and got an Ulquiorra. Seems useless as a lead, but a great inherit. Having two escha's will give me a nasty burst. Will definitely figure a use for him when ult Yomi Dragon gets here, before that not sure.

Ducarmel

They should just give Gremory time extend and hp/rcv multiplier and call it a day. It aint that hard to make her just as good as Myr.

b33r

Reading some stuff about Ulquiorra, seems that putting 2 escha's and d/r Haku on ult Yomi Dragon can one shot both Kali's with ease. I'm looking forward to the new Yomi Dragon now, should be even easier to farm pys.

Read a review of the Bleach collab and it seemed liked there's some real value there. Rolled all my stones (so 2 rolls) and got Toshiro and Grimmjow. Pretty cool. Getting close to blue luxury farming status. Would really like Nepdra if my alt had a box for it. I'll have to sit down and look at them. I might buy some stones and roll more.

Haven't been playing as much since Let it Die has taken a lot of my free time. Weird that another gungho game has its hooks in me.

Bladelaw

The new Challenge dungeons .. or even the recent new dungeons .. seem to have mechanics that are out to frustrate the player?
Pretty much a direct result of the heart cross meta meant to provide a challenge to tose with really developed boxes. 8 is probably the biggest pain in the ass because of how much stalling is necessary. I'd like to clear it coop so I only have to do it once but I think I'm just going to skip it on my alt. I get having to stall a few turns but providing a "legacy" team to show newer folks what the salty vets had to deal with isn't a great time.

Okamid3n

I mean, you can't please everyone, obviously. I have fun with those throwback challenges the most.

Though that could just be because, like you say, Myr makes everything else super easy.

jiggle

Is it really worth it to pull bleach?
Seems like the cards are great and the rates for gold is high
I've never had very good luck with these collab machines...and heroines are right around the corner
Maybe I'll wait 4 days and see the gf lineup

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is it really worth it to pull bleach?

Before pulling on an any REM ask yourself one question.

"Is the machine I'm thinking of pulling on an event REM?"

If the answer is yes, don't pull.

b33r

I rolled bleach 4 more times and got 3 shitty silvers, and then Ichigo! Going with the awoken form and happy about it.

Negator

Holy shit? Yolo rolling paid off for once!

Ls57Bxt.jpg

W-00

Waiting a day to use the free pull didn't help my alt - it got Yoruichi. It already has A. Freyja for a green burst that's almost as good and doesn't reduce HP to 1, so I really have no idea where she could ever by useful.

On the other hand, waiting paid off big time for my main: Yamamoto. The very first fire lead my main draws and it's a 100x lead!

And now comes the part where I complain that, although my alt has a better fire box than my main, none of its fire cards are actually compatible with Yamamoto.

yami4ct

Well, the Collab REM gods shined on me once again and gave me an Aizen with my free pull. Noct on my JP account, Aizen on my US. I feel like I'm using all my REM luck for a year with this.

I know Aizen is generally seen as quite powerful, what are some must have subs for him? I know you focus on Dark. Water gives you more RCV. I'm thinking Haku and Perseph are probably both good choices. I don't have Escha unfortunately and Dark MechThena isn't in the US. So what should I be looking for. Perhaps YomiDra would be worth buying?

W-00

Oh dear. I shouldn't have done what I just did.

I was looking for tips on what other leaders to pair with Yamamoto (since he doesn't look too flexible, being either 6.25x or 100x - is 6.25x capable of dealing with Sopdet?) so I checked out Mantastic's review of the collab and read through the whole thing. And it turns out that both of my accounts would like a Chad.

Now I'm tempted to waste stones rolling for a silver while the Heroine REM will probably be here by February at the latest.

Oh dear. I shouldn't have done what I just did.

I was looking for tips on what other leaders to pair with Yamamoto (since he doesn't look too flexible, being either 6.25x or 100x - is 6.25x capable of dealing with Sopdet?) so I checked out Mantastic's review of the collab and read through the whole thing. And it turns out that both of my accounts would like a Chad.

Now I'm tempted to waste stones rolling for a silver while the Heroine REM will probably be here by February at the latest.

There's legitimately good value in this REM, and skills like that are hard to come by. This is the review that got me to roll
https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2016/12/25/rem-review-bleach-collab-2/

I'm at the point where I have a pretty good box, so collabs like this have skills I could use. There's pantheon cards that'd I'd really like, like Krishna, but they won't really change my progression and odds are I won't roll them and just get dupes/trash silvers. Rolling for a silver has the benefit of getting some of the solid golds in your pursuit.

I really like all the 6 stars because they're all pretty unique and have different play styles. I have an end game Myr team on both accounts, and I like playing it, but I'm really looking for a new project and new play style, which is why I'm thinking about going the NepDra route.

b33r

Yeah I might buy Neptune Dragon next time I have enough if nothing new gets shown first. Meri will be popular and pairs well with neppie, and I doubt I'll be lucky enough to pull her on NA as well.

I am enjoying awoken Ichigo, he hits so hard with his spike active. Spent all my stamina getting the mats for him set up. Need one more stupid purple mask to change my dupe Akechi to the row version. Team so far is Escha x 2, Akechi, and I haven't decided on the last sub yet, been testing Yomi Dragon and plum.

b33r

Kenpachi is such a troll gold. This collab is literally, including silvers, like 9 or 10 out of 10 or 2 out of 10. No average cards, great or shit really.

Bladelaw

Yeah I might buy Neptune Dragon next time I have enough if nothing new gets shown first. Meri will be popular and pairs well with neppie, and I doubt I'll be lucky enough to pull her on NA as well.

I am enjoying awoken Ichigo, he hits so hard with his spike active. Spent all my stamina getting the mats for him set up. Need one more stupid purple mask to change my dupe Akechi to the row version. Team so far is Escha x 2, Akechi, and I haven't decided on the last sub yet, been testing Yomi Dragon and plum.
I'm really digging Ichigo as well. I'm using Ichigo, Pandora, rowketchi, eschamali, and awoken Lucifer in my flex. I'm not sure about the last slot. Yomidra is the obvious choice because the active and the bind clear can be useful. Eschamali kinda fits a board change role. It's weird playing essentially awoken Pandora only unbindable and harder hitting.

b33r

Yeah he's good. Bladelaw your JP account looks like a whale with your luck lol. You have Meri, Myr Rei, and that ilm heroine up.

I am at 10% exactly on JP ranking, still need the sub 10% quest. I know I'll probably have to do a bit better, but those 4 combo shields in a row can be a bitch, I only have 1 finger on my team.

Bladelaw

Yeah he's good. Bladelaw your JP account looks like a whale with your luck lol. You have Meri, Myr Rei, and that ilm heroine up.

I am at 10% exactly on JP ranking, still need the sub 10% quest. I know I'll probably have to do a bit better, but those 4 combo shields in a row can be a bitch, I only have 1 finger on my team.

I swear I haven't spent any money on my JP account. I have almost no subs to fit with all of these leads (sort of, the free EVA roll was Leilan cosplay which works for Ilmina).

My reimyr team is a random hodge podge of leveled cards. All actives will screw me up. I'm still doing 4 million damage with minimal comboing lol.

b33r

I know lol, I was just saying you were very lucky. I seem to have better luck rolling in JP as well. Did you see we get 5,555 mp every day of January? We better get some free mp in NA at some point.

Bladelaw

I know lol, I was just saying you were very lucky. I seem to have better luck rolling in JP as well. Did you see we get 5,555 mp every day of January? We better get some free mp in NA at some point.

yeah, if we do I'm going to buy the blue puppeteer. Minerva cheese is surprisingly effective. Since it's "free" MP I won't feel like I wasted it. Unless we get a hera dragon dungeon before then in which case I probably won't bother.

I'm going to make a padherder for my JP account. it's ridiculous the luck I've had there just with free stones.

Myr farming is weirdly quiet :(

I wonder if everyone who might farm her already took care of that process months ago

I'm definitely willing to blow some Pys

Negator

Myr farming is weirdly quiet :(

I wonder if everyone who might farm her already took care of that process months ago

I'm definitely willing to blow some Pys

I definitely want to farm her for skillups, but I want to finish developing the rest of my Myr team first so I can just farm Myr with Myr.

W-00

Does anybody here play PAD on a Kindle Fire? If so, what's it like? Does it keep up to date with the other versions? I've come to the conclusion that the little burner phone I bought for my alt is just too small (especially if I'm using Acala), so I'm thinking of picking up one of the cheap Fires and moving my alt over to it.

PAD circa 2013

Why did people play back then?

Bladelaw

Does anybody here play PAD on a Kindle Fire? If so, what's it like? Does it keep up to date with the other versions? I've come to the conclusion that the little burner phone I bought for my alt is just too small (especially if I'm using Acala), so I'm thinking of picking up one of the cheap Fires and moving my alt over to it.

Why did people play back then?

My alt is on a $50 fire. It's fine. I haven't had any terrible out of sync issues in a long time. The larger screen is nice but it's obvious it's running on underpowered hardware occasionally. Full board enhances are a good indicator of how well it performs.

Seconding C8 is butts. I wouldn't play the game at that level if that's how it was done. actives are fun and stalling 24 turns on a 6 floor dungeon isn't.

Star den is up for me in about 50 minutes, again running all hour.
PM me on discord (Bladelaw#6504) if you want me to button through. I need you to bring 5 skill boosts and a red row lead (Awoken Cao Cao, Yamato, Goemon, Rodin off the top of my head).

Jagernaut

Star Den has made plus farming so easy nowadays. I'm up to 50 +297 cards (5 are placeholders waiting to be fed) and I don't even stone for stamina. It took forever to finish my first hypermax card, Ronia, years ago.

Myr with Krishna is super annoying because of the stalling

yes it's easy to stall on ArsPaul to get our actives back up but lordy is it ever boring

Top Bottom