• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Ducarmel

Sent the friend request

I will put it in slot 2, none of my jp friends ever request anything so have at it.

My other leads I rotate between Pandora, and ALB. I also have a useless Gremory up on slot 1 in a sea of Myr's

W-00

I made a discovery today: My accounts are still at the stage where they can just string one run of Scarlet L+ one after the other in co-op mode. I suppose they could probably do M+ if I got around to farming up a Dios army for my alt (as it is now I don't have a spare skill for the PreDRAs).

This discovery (and the 4x skill-up rates) allowed both of them to fully skill and awaken their very first Scarlet, who Yamamoto and Krishna will both appreciate. I suppose I should be desperately working on a second for each, since the 4x skill-up rate probably won't be around the next time she is, but I've had enough of that dungeon for the day.

On the one hand, it's very nice to see a negate for damage-absorbs, but on the other hand I dread what new abomination GungHo will create to balance it out. Hopefully they'll just make damage-nulls more common.

Bladelaw

I did a bad thing. Nearly another pack blown on the Bleach REM trying for any 6*. I did actually pull Yamamoto so there's that.

Yamamoto can farm SDR stupid fast right? I have 2 Dragon Killer Tsubaki's, 2 Sado's, a max skilled grodin/rodin etc until I farm up some more SDR I'll need to stall on the invades but that's not too bad.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Roll a couple for this GF mostly just for yucks even tho I don't need anything major.

Venus on main and Hades on alt (plus a garbage dupe fruit dragon on main). This pantheon seems kinda crappy, even with the reincarnated evos.

Blowing stamina all day on Zeus skillups trying to get lucky on green jewel drops. Last time I did this I got more red jewels than I knew what to do with but so far no invades, naturally.

I did a bad thing. Nearly another pack blown on the Bleach REM trying for any 6*. I did actually pull Yamamoto so there's that.

Yamamoto can farm SDR stupid fast right? I have 2 Dragon Killer Tsubaki's, 2 Sado's, a max skilled grodin/rodin etc until I farm up some more SDR I'll need to stall on the invades but that's not too bad.
I've been using Dragon Killer Tsubaki on my Krishna team and the killer awakenings don't seem to be doing anything. The damage she puts out vs dragons is around the same as others on the team when it should be insanely higher. Is the extra damage not shown in the calculations after orbs are matched?

Bladelaw

Roll a couple for this GF mostly just for yucks even tho I don't need anything major.

Venus on main and Hades on alt (plus a garbage dupe fruit dragon on main). This pantheon seems kinda crappy, even with the reincarnated evos.

Blowing stamina all day on Zeus skillups trying to get lucky on green jewel drops. Last time I did this I got more red jewels than I knew what to do with but so far no invades, naturally.

Venus is one of Myr's best subs, and Revo Hades can cheese Machine Hera, non awoken Hades is the largest inheritable gravity and needed for a safe Machine zeus Ra carry.

------------------------
I've been using Dragon Killer Tsubaki on my Krishna team and the killer awakenings don't seem to be doing anything. The damage she puts out vs dragons is around the same as others on the team when it should be insanely higher. Is the extra damage not shown in the calculations after orbs are matched?
It doesn't show on the card but it does show on the enemy when you deal damage. JP got a nifty new display when killers are applied (still totally unreadable though)

------------------------
So I'm looking at the "fast" ALB SDR farm setup and I think I can improve on it.

Team 1 template is: ALB (two turn enhance), Dios, Dios, NY Tengu (Australis), Leeza (Poison)

Team 2 Template is: ALB (Full board enhance), Dios, Dios, Dios, Dragon Killer Parvati (Grodin)

if possible I believe this would also work:

Team 1: ALB (two turn enhance), Dios, Dios, NY Tengu (Poison), <flex>(Australis)
NY Tengu can be G/G tengu but you need to find a skill boost somewhere.

Team 2: ALB (Full board enhance), Dios, Dios, Dios, <flex>(Grodin)

Flex can be any short cooldown green dragon killer. G/G Astaroth being the perfect host IMO since she provides relevant awakenings, decent stats, and 2 SB which make up for the missing NY Tengu skill boost on team 1.

The ALB enhances can go either way obviously.

Also I think the math checks out on this but if both sides are max skilled you can replace NY tengu with Jormungandr as long as the flex on both sides are G/G Astaroth. This assumes the two turn green enhance and full board enhance have a total cooldown of 24 and 25 turns respectively.

Now here's the fun part: with Carat as the 2 turn enhance the other ALB doesn't need to bring an enhance. Again if the math checks out. This means the other ALB can inherit Fenrir to cancel out the poison skyfall from Linthia. This also means that if I understand everything this team comp is foolproof barring some ABSURD locked orb trolls.

So my dream teams would look like this:
Team 1: ALB (Carat), Dios, Dios, Jormungandr, G/G Astaroth (Australis)
Team 2: ALB (Fenrir), Dios, Dios, Dios, G/G Astaroth (Grodin)

The strategy would be what's already there:
F1 - P1: Dios, swipe to kill
F2 - P2: Dios, swipe to kill
F3 - P1: Jorm, Australis, Match a 16x row(meaning row + some more orbs)
F4 - P2: Fenrir, Dios, Grodin, match to kill
F5 - P1: Dios, Carat, match to kill
F6 - P2: Dios, match to kill

This is a pair of teams I can build. If anyone is willing to run with me let me know. The important numbers for inheritance:

ALB (Carat) MUST be 24 turns which means both are max skilled
ALB (Fenrir) MUST be 23 turns which is a decent amount of leeway (only need 1 skill up on either)
Asty (Australis) MUST be 21 turns or less (4 turns of skill ups can be missing)
Asty (Grodin) MUST be be 21 turns or less (5 turns of skill ups can be missing)

SDR on both teams is obviously preferred but only required on ALB and Asty since you can just inherit junk onto Dios. I'm not sure how required +'s are but I'm assuming "very". My team is full 297.

I have Fenrir and Carat so obviously I'll only inherit the one my partner is missing.

Ducarmel

On the one hand, it's very nice to see a negate for damage-absorbs, but on the other hand I dread what new abomination GungHo will create to balance it out. Hopefully they'll just make damage-nulls more common.

Its a specific skill, on a rare gfe card for a few specific situations there really is no point in gungho countering/balancing it.

IMO Fujin only proves gungho will probably release more 6* base with a negate enemy (status) in the future.

I could see players wanting a negate enemy combo shield, and gungho puts it on a 7* base gfe card that comes only once a year.

yami4ct

Rolled a NY Spica on my JP Free NY Roll. I haven't seen much talk about her. She seems kind of interesting. 3x Light OE and some decent orb gen. Maybe an interesting Myr sub? I'm not sure if I'm missing any reason for her to be interesting as a gold egg.

Okamid3n

It can't show on the card itself because if there are more than one enemy and one of them isn't dragon, then it would become really confusing really fast.

It does show on the enemy, though. Looking at all the damage numbers on the enemy, the Tsubaki one will be huge. 9x what you saw on her card.

I rolled one time and got Nephtys. Sure, she's completely useless, but she's cute. Bring on the super ult to make this pantheon slightly less useless, please.

It doesn't show on the card but it does show on the enemy when you deal damage. JP got a nifty new display when killers are applied (still totally unreadable though)

It can't show on the card itself because if there are more than one enemy and one of them isn't dragon, then it would become really confusing really fast.

It does show on the enemy, though. Looking at all the damage numbers on the enemy, the Tsubaki one will be huge. 9x what you saw on her card.
Thanks! Makes sense.

I only rolled a couple times on each account because I want to save most stones for when Sanada is featured. Might roll on day 3 for a shot at Urd.

Got a dupe Acala on main and Sumire on alt so that's cool but was hoping for Venus to improve my Myr team. My Krisha subs on both accounts could use improving as well.

My alt rolled Ichigo and then Haku for my rank 150 pull so I've got the beginnings of a dark row team but the new Ichigo split seems kinda limited without an RCV bonus.

I hit 500 days today, and since a godfest was ongoing I figured it was fate. Had 3 rolls:

Masamune - new, might find some use in co-op
Fenrir Viz - new. Kinda cool. Hopefully jammer meta becomes a thing.
Vajrayaksa - new. Might be pretty useful. Don't know much about him, but the active and awakenings are cool.

Alt yolo' a Markab.

Pretty okay with the results. Now it's time to hoard stones until heroine REM.

W-00

My alt finally ranked up to 250 today. Its commemorative pull was Ishida Mitsunari, which I'm happy about because I've been wanting him for a while now.

b33r

I read a Reddit post a few days ago about pairing dark Kanna with Aizen, I tried it a few times and didn't like it. I was pairing awoken Ichigo with random friends for pal points while farming Gin in int bleach and tried him with Aizen. I'll have to do more testing, but this might be a decent pair.

With Aizens unconditional and rows it still hits pretty hard. A row and a cross is better and 8 orbs and a cross hits hard. You get Ichigos hp with Aizens rcv. I don't know how well it will really work, but in my limited time it seemed pretty good.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Venus is one of Myr's best subs, and Revo Hades can cheese Machine Hera, non awoken Hades is the largest inheritable gravity and needed for a safe Machine zeus Ra carry.

Neat, glad at least both of them have an eventual uses.

Just pulled my third Balboa on my main for the single roll I was gonna do today. I guess that'll be my first sold REM pull since I don't think there's a use for even 2 of these.

edit: just checked day 3 and it's that damn Wisdom series pantheon that I don't like, so I did another yolo roll today and got ROOTS on my main! Don't think I have great teams for him between my 2 accounts, but that's another decent leader I have on both of my accounts now, and a great add to my Ronald team! Super excited about it!

ed2: 2 pulls on my alt to clear out his stones, Gamble Mage and dupe (blue) Sherias

mpKZg.png

Kwhit10

So I wasn't going to pull but save my stones for heroine, but had to pull once today and got a 2nd Kanna. Glad I can now make the dark Kanna and keep the light for ra dragon.

Bladelaw

Neat, glad at least both of them have an eventual uses.

Just pulled my third Balboa on my main for the single roll I was gonna do today. I guess that'll be my first sold REM pull since I don't think there's a use for even 2 of these.

edit: just checked day 3 and it's that damn Wisdom series pantheon that I don't like, so I did another yolo roll today and got ROOTS on my main! Don't think I have great teams for him between my 2 accounts, but that's another decent leader I have on both of my accounts now, and a great add to my Ronald team! Super excited about it!

ed2: 2 pulls on my alt to clear out his stones, Gamble Mage and dupe (blue) Sherias

mpKZg.png
2 Balboas are worth keeping as he just got a split ult in japan.

Did four pulls today, ended up with Tsubaki x2, Hatsume and Aten.

Aten is the new monster right? Is he any good?
Aten hates everything so if you need explosive damage he's worth running. Avoid dungeons with damage absorbs though.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Pulled 4th Fenrir yesterday and Susano today.

I had a glut of stamina this morning and gave arena 1 a first try. With a Krishna team it was surprisingly smooth (meeting Parvati but not Sopdet) until floor 19 gave me a face full of Beelz' poison. The good news is that I skyfall killed him, the bad news is that I didn't skyfall some of them heal orbs. Didn't even get to Kali before crushing me. Barf.

LiQuid!

2 Balboas are worth keeping as he just got a split ult in japan.
Saw that, but the leader ult (mono G) looks useless. Trading unbindable for .5x damage on the LS? Seems like an awful evo.

Aesnath

Well, I still seem to have a clover up my butt

Five rolls

1. Yomi (Nice, but creates a decision problem for me, see below)
2. Griffin Rider (Seems Crappy)
3. Ivory Dragon (Seems Real Crappy)
4. Kaede (...crap. I genuinely don't know what to do with her)
5. Satsuki (#2, hoping for split UEVOs)

OK, currently my Gremory team is Gremory (SI: Gadius)/DD Cecil/DD Akechi/DD Pandora/Draw Joker (SI Ishida)--special shout out to Dr. LaywerCop's awesome Grem helper. I realize that most people would have gone with the other Akechi and Pandora evos, but I wanted rows (akechi) and time extends (Pandora). My plan has been to get 300k MP and buy Plum to replace Drawn Joker. However, after rolling Yomi, I'm wondering if I could go with that. Sure, Yomi's active is a bit lackluster, but boy do I love some time extends. Moreover, she gets me some OEs. I could SI Ishida over her and probably do fine. However, I'm not convinced she is better than Plum. She breaks one of my cardinal rules about gremory subs, actives that produce hearts or hearts and dark orbs. I'd really like to start looking at harder content (legend and mythical plus still feel out of reach, and I really suck with combo shields and damage absorbs), but I'm not sure what to do. Also, I should probably be looking at inherits more seriously, but I'd like for them to update the SI system first.

As for Kaede, I have no solid Kaede subs except for Perseus. Moreover, she seems harder to activate than Gremory, which means probably too hard for me. I have a ronove, and I suppose I should try him another time, but, again, I'm not that good at cross plus combos.

Ducarmel

Follow your rule, there is no point in bringing a sub that does not produce hearts for Gremory. The only exception to that rule is bringing a sub to counter a dungeon gimmick.

Are we friends I have a Gremory on my team 1 spot

368 865 267

jiggle

Couldn't resist bleach

Main:
4 silvers
Ichigo

Alt:
2 silvers 2 junk golds
Yamamoto

Kinda happy and bummed at the same time
No synergy :(

hermit7

These challenge dungeons have been a bitch and a half.

Mainly the last 3. Fixed team is hard with needing to burst every floor and then you either get lucky on the vamps or are screwed.

You're also prone though to board screwed especially on Cerberus or w/e his name is.

9 was manageable except for Ilsix. What a bitch at 30 percent resolve.

10 sucked for the first 3 floors. But I was eventually able to beat it with XM.

10 sucked for the first 3 floors. But I was eventually able to beat it with XM.
What team did you use? No dupes really puts a hamper on XM builds since her sub pool is so tiny. :/

Been trying Myr but Diadem and orb troll usually gets the best of me if Shiva doesn't screw me over when I hit him below 30%.

LiQuid!

Last of my stones on a yolo roll for my main. Ama dupe

gpxJxu7.gif

Well, I still seem to have a clover up my butt

Five rolls

1. Yomi (Nice, but creates a decision problem for me, see below)
2. Griffin Rider (Seems Crappy)
3. Ivory Dragon (Seems Real Crappy)
4. Kaede (...crap. I genuinely don't know what to do with her)
5. Satsuki (#2, hoping for split UEVOs)

OK, currently my Gremory team is Gremory (SI: Gadius)/DD Cecil/DD Akechi/DD Pandora/Draw Joker (SI Ishida)--special shout out to Dr. LaywerCop's awesome Grem helper. I realize that most people would have gone with the other Akechi and Pandora evos, but I wanted rows (akechi) and time extends (Pandora). My plan has been to get 300k MP and buy Plum to replace Drawn Joker. However, after rolling Yomi, I'm wondering if I could go with that. Sure, Yomi's active is a bit lackluster, but boy do I love some time extends. Moreover, she gets me some OEs. I could SI Ishida over her and probably do fine. However, I'm not convinced she is better than Plum. She breaks one of my cardinal rules about gremory subs, actives that produce hearts or hearts and dark orbs. I'd really like to start looking at harder content (legend and mythical plus still feel out of reach, and I really suck with combo shields and damage absorbs), but I'm not sure what to do. Also, I should probably be looking at inherits more seriously, but I'd like for them to update the SI system first.

As for Kaede, I have no solid Kaede subs except for Perseus. Moreover, she seems harder to activate than Gremory, which means probably too hard for me. I have a ronove, and I suppose I should try him another time, but, again, I'm not that good at cross plus combos.

I'd use Yomi. You might want a quicker active to put on him, like a Hanzo or something. It's not going to be as good as Plum, but for the time being it's going to be a big upgrade over your drawn joker. I know someone who used to farm arena with a Yomi sub inheriting Akechi and it seemed to work out pretty well. I've done the same but haven't tried it out yet. Your team is really coming along.

Well, I wasn't really interested in any of the pantheons so far, but I rolled the Bleach collab out of boredom. I got Urahara, who was also my obligatory Rank 50 roll. Between this and rolling two Alraunes for my Christmas rolls, I think God is trying to tell me something...

Bladelaw

I rolled my first R.E.M. roll in like, 3 GFs.

Kaede. Best YOLO ever for me!

holy shit grats!

I pulled a couple more times:
Sarutobi Sasuke (actually wanted this)
Zuoh (dupe 4, selling probably)
Sherias Roots (hell yeah)

I'm looking at various roots teams and I think I have a solid team here:
Sherias Roots
Awoken Sakuya
DKali
Awoken Orochi
Awoken Indra

I'm wondering if Yomi Dragon with shield inherit is a better option over Indra though.

All told this has actually been a really good God Fest in terms of rarity for me. 3 6* GFE's over 10 pulls is pretty damn good. Dkali 3 will be used as an inherit once the inherit system revamp hits so it's not wasted. No Kanna, Baldin, or Kaede which were my big hopes but my expectations were tempered. I'll play around with Roots until Uevo Ra Dragon hits so I can get back into the normal non-cross rainbow style. Then he'll be an inherit on Ra Dragon for Predras. This worked out pretty damn well.

Adeptrain

Evening Everyone :)
So, my first couple of weeks playing this game has been rather intense in the leveling department. I am now finally rank 80!!! I got the badge that lets me add 100 team points and evolved many of my monsters. I also went a little crazy with my first godfest and got 2 stone packs to spend these last 3 days. The result is a much more bloated account that I am seeking help for yet again. Specifically, I'd love to start working on the descended dungeons and am looking for team suggestions. Also, any tips in what I should be doing now would be great. (I'm well past castle of satan and have been farming the bleach collab dungeon to max out skills lately)

Anyway, here's my box. Any help would be appreciated:

https://www.padherder.com/user/adep...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Ah! My current team is currently Kanna with a friend Kanna and a group of high lvl gods.

Godfest results.

Day One:
Shadow Dragon Knight

Day Two:
Sarutobi Sasuke

Day Three:
Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
The Norn Skuld
GrimCrystal (wtf? how is this allowed?)

All new to my box, so that's nice at least. Skuld's going to find a lovely home on my Sumire team, but the rest of them aren't especially useful or even wanted at the moment. Sasuke could have been a blessing had he appeared way back when I was still running a GZL team. That GrimCrystal's already getting sold.

LiQuid!

Few last minute pulls were a Fenrir on my main I'll never use and a Sarasvati on my alt. At least it's not another Acala!

Ducarmel

Used all my NA alt stones today hoping for green gala luck getting Liu Bei and Acala. Of course i did not get them because gungho knows somehow that is what I want.

So, my first couple of weeks playing this game has been rather intense in the leveling department. I am now finally rank 80!!! I got the badge that lets me add 100 team points and evolved many of my monsters. I also went a little crazy with my first godfest and got 2 stone packs to spend these last 3 days. The result is a much more bloated account that I am seeking help for yet again. Specifically, I'd love to start working on the descended dungeons and am looking for team suggestions. Also, any tips in what I should be doing now would be great. (I'm well past castle of satan and have been farming the bleach collab dungeon to max out skills lately)

https://www.padherder.com/user/adep...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Ah! My current team is currently Kanna with a friend Kanna and a group of high lvl gods.
Well you got the top 3 cards from Bleach REM Aizen, Ichigo, and Rukia congrats.

I would work on your dark cards and look into building an Awoken Ichigo team you got a perfect squad for him.

Subs you got are Pandora (go for awoken version), Zouh, Eschamali and Castor.
Awoken Ichigo can pair up with Pandora if you dont have enough Ichigo friends.
game8
gamewith

Aizen and Ronove are your strongest leaders. You dont have a ronove team to build
but aizen you can fill with subs like Pandora, Eschamali, Castor, Persephone, Typhoon(go for Ana Typhoon), pretty much any dark orb making card that is dark/blue or blue/dark.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/pending/aizen

Also you have the perfect Ra Dragon team. If you ever decide to buy a MP monster go for the best leader in the game. Ra Dragon / Dkali / DKali / Kanna / Awoken Isis / Ra Dragon

Quantum

new farm team

Final ichigo/eschamali/A.panda/ddPanda/ddakeci/Final ichigo

- first dark team I've used in more than a year
- really don't have to think for most dungeons
- only weakness is healing, but if farming doesn't really matter.

I like the non-skyfall + row play, less random - more controlled skill based play.

no reason to roll anymore I think, while there are certainly REM items I want, there are too few to justify dupe rates and so little new interesting content.

- I'm also a bit sour that JPN gave away 390k mp and US got shit - especially as I still am not a heavy MP player and feel like gungho has done a terrible job supporting solo players.

Negator

Definitely make an Aizen team. Fill it out with Eschamali x2, Typhon, and A. Persephone.

The whole team wont need to be D/B, 2 subs are sufficient. The only issue Aizen has is no HP multiplier, so if you ever get Okuni I would jam him in there.

Aesnath

I'd use Yomi. You might want a quicker active to put on him, like a Hanzo or something. It's not going to be as good as Plum, but for the time being it's going to be a big upgrade over your drawn joker. I know someone who used to farm arena with a Yomi sub inheriting Akechi and it seemed to work out pretty well. I've done the same but haven't tried it out yet. Your team is really coming along.

See, my thought is, that Yomi's active would actually be helpful in getting through combo shields, which is a major issue for me. Moreover, I am really using TPAs on non-boss boards, so some OEs would be nice. If I don't put Ishida on Yomi, where should I put Ishida? I've kept him off of Gremory, simply due to liking to use Gremory's skill pretty frequently. The advantage of Ishida on Yomi is that I won't need it every dungeon, so I am more likely to get the board change.

NineH

I spent (wasted?) 2 packs chasing after a 6 star in the Bleach REM. I did not get one until the second to last roll and got an Ichigo. Looking back, I'm not sure if it was worth 160 stones but that's water under the bridge now.

What should I do with the silver dupes though? Should I just sell them since most are meh or should I save them and get some skillups via Kingtans later on? I'm leaning towards the MP since looking at all those dupes makes me feel silly wasting stones chasing a 6 star.

Taz

If anyone is looking for a hyper maxed Final Ichigo or Gremory feel free to add me they are always up in slot 1 or 2

US account

Edit

Fixed ;)

Ducarmel

Is that really your friend code I'm seeing a rank 6 tyrra, what server you play on?

What should I do with the silver dupes though? Should I just sell them since most are meh or should I save them and get some skillups via Kingtans later on? I'm leaning towards the MP since looking at all those dupes makes me feel silly wasting stones chasing a 6 star.

MP investment, sell them all.

The only silver worth saving is Sado, maybe Yoruichi if you have GZL.

Top Bottom