• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I'm missing Kanna for the new RaDra team. I'd probably have to replace her with Ariel. Might as well make the team since I already have RaDra. I need to start getting the mats together. I've never cleared Mhera but I have to have a team for it, maybe RevoHades.

Edit - Well I guess I don't need MHera, just MZeus which I already have a spare. Still looks like a bad time.

Bladelaw

I'm missing Kanna for the new RaDra team. I'd probably have to replace her with Ariel. Might as well make the team since I already have RaDra. I need to start getting the mats together. I've never cleared Mhera but I have to have a team for it, maybe RevoHades.

Why would you need to clear Mech Hera? Making UUvo Yomi Dragon?

You can cheese it with revo hades but I found the ALB carry team works enough to get one as an evo mat. Sadalemek is hyper trolly but if you only need one clear...

If you're thinking Mech Zeus, Krishna proved surprisingly capable for me. You could also get carried if you have Revo Ra. I've almost finished the A side of that team (seems like the most reliable Orpharion farm lol).

Abandond

Any green cards that make wood/hearts and have rows. Ishida Mitsunari's G/G uevo is top tier for this and you have him as well. His skill up is the green dog from Green Earth's Dimension Dragon dungeon which is also up now for the next few days.

If you have friend slots available in your list the game will try to show you other players with your same leader that aren't your friends yet when you go to start a dungeon. Other option is to ask here and maybe BF someone who will always have a leader you want available. I don't have Parvati but I have other stuff and sent you and invite.

These are my relevant leaders and are all maxed. Some have latents on them.

REvo Lakshmi (water version of REvo Parvati)
Awoken Pandora
Krishna
Sumire
Awoken Thor

Thor is not relevant in high end stuff anymore but could pair with your Saria, Venus, and Valk to make a decent tank team for King of Gods farming. Saria + Valk + Venus + Thor will one shot Zeus at the end once you get their awakenings going. If you get some more decent light subs Thoria can take you through most descended dungeons that have been around for a while.

I appreciate all the help! I'll work on Ishida as well, and try to run through the dragon dungeon.

For whatever reason, the game does not suggest anyone to add to my friends list.. but thanks for your invite - at this point, anyone is nice, haha.

W-00

Ugh, I hate no-awakening dungeons. I managed to solo Wadatsumi on my alt using Krishna, but my usual teams on my main (Sumire/Pandora/ALB/Acala) are all very active/awakening focused (plus there's that wood absorb). Norsebound seems like the way to go. I'm sure I could get through it with my Ryune team (I think that's how I did it before), but I can never find any A. I&I partners. I could make a Sylvie/Freyja team between my accounts, but again, that wood absorb. I suppose I could pull Thor off of Myr (my Myr team is still too janky to be worth a try) and make a Thoria team (with my alt's Saria), but I haven't tried that team before, and I'd hate to have to do that.

I think I've also gotten through in the past with A. Ama, but had no luck when I tried with her this time. I thought Yamamoto would be able to do it, but he got crushed pretty quickly. But then again, I was trying to stall for skills with him, so maybe a more aggressive style would work (I don't think I managed to make any rows when I tried with him).

Maybe I should finally give Sarasvati a try; she's not a tank like Krishna, but she's got an even better ATK multiplier.

I hate no awakening but I've cleared Wadatsumi 3x with Ilm. Easy activation and a haste-heavy board-changing team helps a lot.

Have you tried putting the team together? I find the amount of move time on the team is extremely forgiving and really helps you figure out how to "combo out" a board. When I first tried Ra Dragon I found the playstyle exhausting because I was always trying to match out everything by color instead of just trying to match everything. I know it sounds bad but really just going from one side of the board to the other the board kind of solves itself as you go. If you don't have a Ra Dragon I wouldn't recommend the purchase until you feel more comfortable but I'd still keep the option open if you're looking for reliable partners on some extreme content like Arena 3 or Coliseum (whenever we get that).

I'm betting/praying the 1/9 maintenance will have the Ra Dragon Uvo. I was really hoping to pick up Kanna in the 5x GF but no luck there so I'm going to soldier on with Ariel and just take the HP loss vs Kanna.

I haven't spent any MP so I don't have RaDra, and honestly I'm too hesitant about the team (and worried about meta shift) to drop that much on one.

After trying her on an extremely jank Myr team I'm sold on Kanna. The active, the damage, and the stats are very real.

Ugh, I hate no-awakening dungeons. I managed to solo Wadatsumi on my alt using Krishna, but my usual teams on my main (Sumire/Pandora/ALB/Acala) are all very active/awakening focused (plus there's that wood absorb). Norsebound seems like the way to go. I'm sure I could get through it with my Ryune team (I think that's how I did it before), but I can never find any A. I&I partners. I could make a Sylvie/Freyja team between my accounts, but again, that wood absorb. I suppose I could pull Thor off of Myr (my Myr team is still too janky to be worth a try) and make a Thoria team (with my alt's Saria), but I haven't tried that team before, and I'd hate to have to do that.

I think I've also gotten through in the past with A. Ama, but had no luck when I tried with her this time. I thought Yamamoto would be able to do it, but he got crushed pretty quickly. But then again, I was trying to stall for skills with him, so maybe a more aggressive style would work (I don't think I managed to make any rows when I tried with him).

Maybe I should finally give Sarasvati a try; she's not a tank like Krishna, but she's got an even better ATK multiplier.

What does your Myr team look like? I just use her for no awakenings and stall when I can.

I appreciate all the help! I'll work on Ishida as well, and try to run through the dragon dungeon.

For whatever reason, the game does not suggest anyone to add to my friends list.. but thanks for your invite - at this point, anyone is nice, haha.
Like no one? When you go to pick a friend leader there are none available for 5 pal points? Seems odd. Maybe since you took a break from playing for a while? I know nothing of the specifics of how the friend offering works behind the scenes but what I usually see is the more I play with a leader consecutively, the more of that same leader show up. I will run a dungeon with Revo Lakshmi and only my friends who have her will show up but after a run her a couple times then like 5 new people who have her will show up as available to be new friends.

W-00

What does your Myr team look like? I just use her for no awakenings and stall when I can.

Myr (A. Thor)/Moogle/ADQXQ/Sun Wukong/Bunny dragon. ADQXQ and Sun Wukong are actually in good shape, but the others (including Myr) are at such low levels that a single "wild strikes" from the first floor will almost wipe out the team without the shield. And since the actives won't be up yet, I'd have to rely on the RNG to provide enough hearts to survive.

Yamamoto is really looking like my best shot. I gave him another try, and even though skyfalls kept getting rid of the reds I was trying to save I still made it to U&Y. I would have cleared them, too, if I'd been more careful about their rage zone. Or if I'd leveled the team some more.

Abandond

Like no one? When you go to pick a friend leader there are none available for 5 pal points? Seems odd. Maybe since you took a break from playing for a while? I know nothing of the specifics of how the friend offering works behind the scenes but what I usually see is the more I play with a leader consecutively, the more of that same leader show up. I will run a dungeon with Revo Lakshmi and only my friends who have her will show up but after a run her a couple times then like 5 new people who have her will show up as available to be new friends.

Yep, absolutely no one. Sometimes it even says "there were no helpers available" and I simply can't do anything, haha. The only people that do show up are my friends that I haven't used recently.. which isn't very exhaustive.

Edit: figured it out. There's an option to disable the random friends from showing up... not sure why I ever checked it but I did. They appear now!

Yep, absolutely no one. Sometimes it even says "there were no helpers available" and I simply can't do anything, haha. The only people that do show up are my friends that I haven't used recently.. which isn't very exhaustive.

Edit: figured it out. There's an option to disable the random friends from showing up... not sure why I ever checked it but I did. They appear now!

For some reason the latest patch seemingly randomly disabled that option for some players. I was super confused for a while too

W-00

Click "Others" -> "Options" -> "System"

Is "Users" on? If not, turn it on. An old Reddit post suggests that should fix things.

EDIT: Oh, I see you found that.

b33r

I was farming a tech with Ichigo, last floor I had a lot of actives. Popped Ichigo, Escha, and then enhanced orbs with Akechi. 1 row, 1 blob, 3 combo, and Ichigo's hit for almost 80 million each lol. That's pretty absurd.

I was farming a tech with Ichigo, last floor I had a lot of actives. Popped Ichigo, Escha, and then enhanced orbs with Akechi. 1 row, 1 blob, 3 combo, and Ichigo's hit for almost 80 million each lol. That's pretty absurd.
Holy shit. I can't even imagine what PAD will be like when 80 million damage will be necessary.

hermit7

Ideal kaede team?

Pulled one a few gfs ago and finally got her skilled and leveled. Need some awakenings and pluses but she is ready otherwise.

I have other green cards such as Vishnu, verd, etc as well.

Quantum

its a lot of fun when the dungeon is ichigo friendly.

5 or more match requirement, damage absorb/dark, max damage really limit the team

(for some stuff)

I've been running it more often than B.myr lately.

Ideal kaede team?

Pulled one a few gfs ago and finally got her skilled and leveled. Need some awakenings and pluses but she is ready otherwise.

from what I've read the optimal kaede teams are teams that start with multiple kaede. the three wood combo with heart cross seemed too hard for me (I have a kaede on my alt account and don't use it much)

Bladelaw

Ideal kaede team?

Best no dupe kaede team I can come up with is:
Kaede, Verdandi, Vishnu, Revo parvati/Ana Ceres, Bartz

4 triple prongs, Vishnu can hold something like a perseus or astaroth active. you can set the board up for a safe bartz activation or inherit ronove or something on him as another garbage clear option. Parvati over ceres IMO. Better stats, prongs and no killers to stay out of trouble. Also a faster active.

I'd replace Bartz with another Kaede if fortune finds you again.

The ideal would be Kaede x3, parvati (or some bind clear), verdandi for the board change.

b33r

its a lot of fun when the dungeon is ichigo friendly.

5 or more match requirement, damage absorb/dark, max damage really limit the team

(for some stuff)

I've been running it more often than B.myr lately.

Exactly, for farming stuff and some other dungeons. Like my JP account, I run Bmyr way less due to Meri, but I still run Bmyr in certain dungeons. It's nice to have that type of farming team, and then a heart cross lead for the tough stuff. Though on NA, I use dark Kanna for most of the tough stuff.

Aesnath

I just beat my first mythical+, Scarlet, with gremory! Technically I beat Nordis with Minerva, but that was mostly due to dragonkiller Tsubaki and being basically immune to damage 80% of the stage, so it doesn't feel as real.

Real talk, what does everyone due for true damage for the predra floors? I actually am really liking Grem/ A.Yomi/ DD Akechi/ DD Cecil/ DD Pandora, but I am having to switch one out for a true damage sub, which sort of sucks. I'm guessing I should inherit something on someone, but I'm not sure who. Yomi is, at this point, the one with the least essential active, but I'm not sure what to go with. Inheritable true damage/poison I have amounts to A. Ra, Rodin, lumiel, I believe. Lumiel is interesting, as it makes a potentially akechi-able board, but it also could eat an OK board, so I'm not sure. Ra is the easiest, so probably the best option overall, but I'm not sure. Rodin still takes forever to cooldown (do I really have to pi him eight times?) and I'm unsure if killing something with poison breaks my shield for the next floor (would be bad for DQ hera following a predra floor).

Jagernaut

If you want to keep your shield I think you need to poison and then heart cross. True damage like Ra doesn't count as a turn so you won't lose your shield.

Bladelaw

I give up on aizen. 10 more rolls 4 kenpaichi (fuck this guy), 3 silver trash, toshiro (4th), Rukia, and Ichigo.

Not sure what I can do with a dupe Rukia but Ichigo will be an inherit on DKali for Ra Dragon. The only thing in this collab I missed was the only thing I wanted. Oh well...At least I don't have to feel bad playing with awoken Ichigo.

Aesnath

If you want to keep your shield I think you need to poison and then heart cross. True damage like Ra doesn't count as a turn so you won't lose your shield.

Well, OK, so if I use a poison active, then heartcross on that same turn (before poison damage kicks in), will I still have the shield for pre-emptives on the next floor?

Bladelaw

Trying to figure out how I want to spend my stamina today. Bleach skill ups aren't worth it. After 120 runs of Int on 2x I received 6 Yamamoto swords and 10 Urahara swords, those are the only things I need skilled up. Other options are farm 1/2 off normals for challenge mode stones, farm SDR, or farm Arena.

I'd be more down for SDR farming if I had a more consistent setup than the current popular ALB one. I'm strongly considering putting Fenrir on ALB, grodin on G/G Astaroth and requesting partners with enhance alb. This will handle the poison skyfall problem. This also dramatically reduces the number of unusable locked orbs on Z8, while also providing bonus damage against Z8 via dragon killer which should make up for the lack of a second enhance.

I'm thinking swapping Jormungandr for leeza with rodin inherit and maybe inherit Grodin on Mathena. I never play the Mathena team I dumped a shitload of resources into so I might as well get some more bang for the buck.

My A:
ALB (Fenrir/Yomi/Parvati)
Dios
Dios
Australis
Jorm

My B:
ALB (Fenrir/Yomi/Parvati)
Dios
Dios
Dios
Mathena (Grodin)

Once I get more SDR's I'll swap Australis for G/G Asty with australis inherit. My B team will be short an expected skill boost but I don't think that dramatically impacts any A teams unless Jorm is criminally underskilled. If it does then I'll probably put Leeza on Australis duty and Asty on Grodin duty.

EDIT: I threw caution to the wind and just rejiggered and tested some things.

A team will use Mathena with Australis inherited. I lose 4 rows but gain a skill boost, 2 orb enhances, and Dragon Killer. Some testing showed that on an average Jorm-->Australis board I do more damage with Mathena than with Australis once Dragon Killer is factored in. B team swaps Grodin for G/G Astaroth with Grodin inherited. I lose unbindable and auto heal and gain 2 rows and Dragon Killer, No surprise here but B team does significantly more damage now.

The results here mean I'll have a lot more wiggle room on fucking up Gainaut or Z8 boards and more likely than not still come out ahead. Unfortunately I need 2 more green tans to inherit Yomi on ALB instead of parvati for the extra move time. Until I can guarantee an enhance partner I don't feel comfortable swapping in Fenrir over an enhance. Poison skyfall sucks but it's been manageable thus far so I'll continue to deal with it.

Edit2: forgot about the Rogue component to the dungeon. Mathena tops out at level 21 and while she does do more damage than Australis it's not more than g/g Astaroth. So I'll be building another dragon killing Astaroth and swapping Australis over once I can get a few more green tans. I've seen g/L Parvati thrown around and I'd use her but that limits my partner's into bringing enough skill boosts to have everything up at the right time.

Edit the third: Myr drops green tans. Any bets on how many runs it'll take to get 2? Once that's done I can put the other astaroth together relatively quickly, 4x skill ups and her skill up dungeon is in coins. Khepri is another option but I already don't like my chances with a guaranteed green tan spawn.

Wow, ReMinerva and Ilm is amazing vs. Scarlet. I'm a fan. I've been considering Scarlet for general fire team usage since everyone is farming with Krishna and my team is largely unskilled and garbage, and I had been failing with Ronove & Co. but my system-esque Ilm team chewed through that dungeon.

I need to reincarnate one of my Hades and cheese my way through some other dungeons.

hermit7

Got my 1200 days bonus today. Bought 30 stones and spent some on my first bleach rolls.

6 rolls later and got an Aizen. Not sure what quite to do, have a good team for him (Haku, Dmeta, bikini panda, Eschamali).

I guess I just need some pluses and will plan on pii for him.

I am eager for radra to come out as well, but the lack of Kanna is upsetting for an ideal team.

Almost solo'd Machine Hera with regular old RaDra, but had a bad skyfall while trying to stall on 9F and went into MHera without all my actives. Just barely failed to pull off the kill due to a mean skill delay.

W-00

It's funny how skill-ups go. When the day started, my main had one more Scarlet (unskilled) than my alt. Now both of them have a second Scarlet skilled, but my alt has had such better luck that it has a third Scarlet halfway skilled.

Ugh, I never want to run that dungeon again. But I still have 2 (or 1 and 1/2) Scarlets to build. I should be trying to get more done today, since the 4x bonus means I'll have to run it fewer times overall, but I think I'll stop anyways. The effectively infinite stamina has allowed me to run so much that my finger is hurting.

Abandond

So tomorrow I plan to evo my Parvati into Awoken Parvati.

It seems that she is the only monster with her skill, so how does one skill her up? I don't actually need a bunch of awoken Parvati's, right?

It seems that she is the only monster with her skill, so how does one skill her up? I don't actually need a bunch of awoken Parvati's, right?

Awoken monsters require piis, so you'd need woodpys. You can get them from farming arena (which is basically end game) or as rewards for some challenges. It can take a while for new players to start to get them, but once you can consistently clear like challenge level 7s or so you'll start getting a collection. Some times we just get them as random gifts.

Awoken monsters require piis, so you'd need woodpys. You can get them from farming arena (which is basically end game) or as rewards for some challenges. It can take a while for new players to start to get them, but once you can consistently clear like challenge level 7s or so you'll start getting a collection. Some times we just get them as random gifts.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to start opening all those mails that expire.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to start opening all those mails that expire.

The OCD part of me wants to clear as much box space can so I can open everything. I HATE seeing the mail notification.

Really want to roll the bleach collab more, but don't want to IAP. All I want are some damn 6 stars. I know it's a bad idea, I just need to keep telling myself that. I don't know, maybe if I was pumped for Ult RaDra (still need Zeus Dra to evo him), I wouldn't be as anxious. Need a new team to play and I'm tired of heart cross. Would play Revo Minerva more if my alt had a compatible lead.

Bladelaw

Don't roll Dr. Only pain waits. Trust me.

Ugh that was painful. Second Astaroth is skilled up. Just need tamas and 2 tans and my improved SDR farm team is done.

Bladelaw

Check your mail folks.

There was a display issue with the Bleach collab machine and as a result you get stones (some not all) back on what you spent. My main got 19 stones.

Also the Serket Snow Globe Noir is up. Don't use it just yet!

What Dr. said and check your Quest progress as well in Others->Quest. Completing some of those gives Piis as well as Pal Points, stones, TAMAs, Gold, and other goodies.

Jagernaut

Check your mail folks.

There was a display issue with the Bleach collab machine and as a result you get stones (some not all) back on what you spent. My main got 19 stones.

Also the Serket Snow Globe Noir is up. Don't use it just yet!

Are you going to make a coop ALB team for Serket challenge?

Bladelaw

Are you going to make a coop ALB team for Serket challenge?

Depends on how much inheriting I need to do. I'm super low on tans due to the SDR tinkering I've been doing. I'm looking at the dungeon now to see if I can put something together.

EDIT: Kopis kinda kills any Dios team I can think of at the moment. 99 turn 600k damage shield sucks.

Huh just watched a vid where the kopis kill was just a row of green for 4 turns. Never mind, totally doable.

Bladelaw

I got 11 comp stones and rolled them, Toshiro and then... Aizen!! Pretty happy.

Jealous. I got a third Rukia, what the hell do I do with 3?

Re: Serket globe challenge
Team A:
ALB (True Damage inherit Jize recommended)
Dios
Australis (preferably on a tengu)
Green orb maker
Globe

Team B:
ALB(Awoken Parvati)
Dios
Dios
Delay (Wee Jas recommended Orochi might work.)
Globe

FL1: A: True Damage
FL2: B: Dios
FL3: A: Dios
FL4: B: Dios
FL5: A: Australis
FL6: B: Delay Row of greens A: Green maker Row of greens B: Globe + row of greens A: Globe + Row of greens
FL7: B: Dios, Awoken Parvati

FL6 it's important to ONLY do a row, not full activation, you can do a full activation (no skill) to save a skill if australis is generous with the skyfall. The good news is it's damage void not damage absorb. Alnair, bartz, Astaroth and a few others are good choices for green makers avoid attacker killer. True damage can live on either ALB but it needs to be up turn 1. The delay isn't required but it's super helpful in case things go south. Once kopis is red you have a bit more leeway on extra combos. There's RNG to this since below 50% he can absorb wood. If he does we're probably dead. But hey we only need to clear twice for the globes. A longer delay would mitigate this but Wee Jas's physical killer is pretty important for the kill shot on Serket. Orochi on Algedi might work too but I have no green tans to inherit Orochi.

EDIT: my reference material https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj-n55N7VGc

I can do the B side without screwing up anything too bad.

Round 4 2
G7HYPuc.jpg

Time to spend my weekend farming keepers of gold

Bladelaw

I'm going to try farming Myr for 2 more wood tans. Inheriting Orochi on Algedi is a MUCH more consistent method of dropping Kopis than Wee Jas and you still get the killer bonus vs Serket. The catch is you need 16 skill boosts between both teams to have Orochi up in time.

if A's green orb generator has 2 SB (like say...Spica) and Australis is on a tengu then we're set. Jager or anyone else who wants to run this, is making the A team doable for anyone?

I mean the normal way is also an option too, I just have fun theory crafting around ALB.

Jagernaut

I'm going to try farming Myr for 2 more wood tans. Inheriting Orochi on Algedi is a MUCH more consistent method of dropping Kopis than Wee Jas and you still get the killer bonus vs Serket. The catch is you need 16 skill boosts between both teams to have Orochi up in time.

if A's green orb generator has 2 SB (like say...Spica) and Australis is on a tengu then we're set. Jager or anyone else who wants to run this, is making the A team doable for anyone?

I mean the normal way is also an option too, I just have fun theory crafting around ALB.

I can make A. I would have to use Sojiro or A Ra for true damage inherit. I already have Australis on Tengu. For green orb maker my best options are Spica, Perseus, or A Astaroth (other 2 are hyper).

Bladelaw

I can make A. I would have to use Sojiro or A Ra for true damage inherit. I already have Australis on Tengu. For green orb maker my best options are Spica, Perseus, or A Astaroth (other 2 are hyper).

as long as it has 2 SB and doesn't flood the board with greens (just need to make the row) we should be ok. Took a bunch of runs but the B side is all set.

b33r

Finally had some time to play with Aizen and I love him. He farms arena so fast and so easily. I do need to inherit a shield or put Izanami on the team for DQ Hera though, that floor is the only thing that's stopped me so far. It's nice to be able to one shot Kali without a damage enhance.

Dark Kanna is probably slightly more consistent for me, but the ease that Aizen can do it is just crazy. I need to start putting a team together for arena 3 soon, reading up on him, he is apparently very good at that dungeon, but I need to figure out my inherits.

I think I'm going to spend the weekend getting ult RaDra's mats ready. Shouldn't be too hard and the team will be good enough. After that, I think I'll also start preparing for Nepdra and buy him on both of my accounts. I'm really burned out on playing Myr/Gremory and need to start playing something other than heartcross. I've been leaving my stamina full a lot in the past couple weeks.

W-00

I thought I could clear Wadatsumi by teaming my main's A. Ama up with a friend's Lmeta and just slowly grinding away (I came close earlier - that run only failed because I didn't remember the Siren's insta-kill attack and used my nuke on the previous floor), but that friend didn't show up again.

So I finally decided to try Sarasvati (whom I have never used before), and I cleared it in a single try that took less than five minutes. I should really show more love and respect to my blue box; it's easily my main's deepest box with the widest variety of leaders. I guess I was just so impressed with Yamamoto's easy multiplier that I forgot that my blue box has had tons of work put into it, while my (extremely shallow) red box has had almost nothing put into it.

Well, time to actually put a bit of effort into my red box, and get to farming Bleach for Yamamoto skill-ups. And if I actually manage to max skill him, on to Green Dimension Dragon for skill-ups for my alt's Ishida Mitsunari,

yami4ct

So. What's the Revo Hades MHera cheese team again? I just pulled him and thought that would be an easier way to get her for my RaDra than trying to customize my Aizen team to make it work.

Top Bottom