• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

mstevens

Hey guys, quick question. I must be a glutton for punishment, but I had a lot of fun last week rerolling on a different gacha game. Something about free slot machine pulls I guess. My question is - is rerolling doable in this game, and is it possible to start off with something really good? Any advice in that area?

I've heard of this game for a long time and I'm interested in checking it out while my other game's energy is refreshing.

Bladelaw

Hey guys, quick question. I must be a glutton for punishment, but I had a lot of fun last week rerolling on a different gacha game. Something about free slot machine pulls I guess. My question is - is rerolling doable in this game, and is it possible to start off with something really good? Any advice in that area?

I've heard of this game for a long time and I'm interested in checking it out while my other game's energy is refreshing.

To reroll you just go through the tutorial, roll and if it's good keep it. if not, delete the app and start again. it's not super time efficient but you can get a decent jump start if you snag a good lead.

EDIT: I don't have a comprehensive list of solid starter rolls but usually you'd roll during the biweekly "godfest" where the best cards have increased chances. They usually happen at the beginning and middle of each month.

b33r

oqogmUp.jpg

I'm not good enough to do more than 3 crosses. Wish I would have gotten some skyfall, this was only a 5 combo.

Bladelaw

What's the best 2 or 3 units I could hope for?

if you're rolling now it's heaven's gala meaning you're hoping for a good light monster:

Yang Guifei is strong but tough to use for a new player
Vajrayaksa can carry you through a bunch of the early game but loses steam near mid/end game

If I was rolling I'd be hoping for once of these:
Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
Izanagi
Sun Wukong

All can be really strong and can transition into powerful teammates when you get better leads.

W-00

That's a difficult question to answer, because there isn't a whole lot of overlap between units that are easy to start out with and units that are powerful leaders in the endgame. Beginning leaders typically want to have leader skills that are easy to activate and an open team composition, while endgame leads have more powerful leaders skills that tend to be harder to activate and more limited options for team composition.

One of the most popularly recommended starting leads (and my own starting lead) is Isis. Her multiplier is easy to activate and will train you to make multiple combos, and her team composition is wide open. She can carry you a long way, but she isn't considered an endgame lead (though she remains a critical component of a few popular endgame teams).

If you want an endgame lead that can be used during the early game, you might want to try for Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede or Sun Dragon Caller, Kanna. Both of them are more limited in what they can use as subs than Isis (Kaede will want cards that can make green and/or heart orbs while Kanna will want cards that are God or Dragon type). When I made my alt, I started with Kaede and she seemed to work out fine (although that account did have my main to carry it in multiplayer). I don't have any experience with Kanna, but her multiplier is constant as long as the cards are the right type, and I've heard about her being able to clear endgame content.

Isis has a very small chance of appearing outside a Godfest, but Kaede and Kanna will ONLY appear when one is going on.

Other recommendations: Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao (one unit) and Sakuya are also supposed to be good starting leaders that remain useful well into the game. They're similar to Isis, but their leader skills are slightly harder to activate. In exchange, their leader skills are more powerful, and they remain useful leads longer. Both of them currently have increased drop rates, so they'd likely be the fastest to roll for. Between them, I'd recommend DQXQ.

By the way, you don't have to delete the entire app to reroll; you just have to clear the appdata.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

This is a really difficult question to answer. There are dozens of what would be considered top tier pulls. The chances of rolling good cards is substantially higher during the bi-monthly God Fest events, which happen in the middle and end of each month, so if you wait until next weekend your rolls will be much better. The non-GF rare machine spits out a lot of junk.

It sounds like you're just into it to get big rolls and not to actually play the game, in which case any 6 star pull during a God Fest is as good as you can get. If you want to actually find a great leader and there are a lot of them that aren't as rare and the selection will change based on what has increased drop rate during a particular GF.

Due to how the game's meta has warped, most of the best units in the game to start out with are only obtainable during godfests that occur around the 1st and 15th of each month. Therefore the best advice now is to accept any starting roll (either a 3xATK or higher boost that doesnt require puzzling skill to activate or a 4xATK or higher boost that does require skill), play through the game as much as you can while conserving stones, then roll for ruin the next godfest.

That being said the following monsters are not godfest exclusive (GFE) and are considered good for starters so you stand a chance of rolling them today:
Liu Bei
Cao Cao
Isis
Pandora
Krishna
Vishnu
Apocalypse
Ookuninushi

W-00

That would have been good to know about 600 days ago

If it helps at all, even just clearing the appdata will get rid of the stuff it downloads after the app is already "installed", so it still takes quite a while.

And returning to a previous topic: I hope I didn't use all my luck rolling Yamamoto for my main's free roll and that some is left for Meri. My fire box is pretty terrible (mostly because it's so small), so I can't really build a good team for him. Every combination is either missing SBR, bind-clearing, or orb-generation. So far, the best I can do is Yamamoto/RG Antares/Rozzie (Fire Dragon Knight)/RChester (RValk or Dino Rider)/flex (Ronia or Scarlet, possibly inheriting the one Chester isn't). And that would pretty much use up my fire box while not having enough orb-generation for Yamamoto.

On the other hand, my main's water box is awesome. I think the only major, regular-REM cards it's missing are Gabe, Mori, Alrescha, and Hermes (though I haven't encountered a list of what would be considered major blue cards, so I might be overlooking something). Come on, game, my main has 88 stones saved up so far, and at the rate things are going another twelve before the Heroines hit should be entirely possible. Counting the free roll, that's 11 chances to get Meri. It's not too much to ask for her at those odds, right?

Ducarmel

I have like 140+ stones on both my jp accounts

I'm thinking about chasing Kaioh.

I kind of regret not going after Aizen and some are saying Kaioh is just as good if not better, is that a fair assessment of him?

Or I can save/collect more stones for Heroine REM return and suffer crushing disappointment on that.

edit: chickened out just rolled till gold. Bat on my main, my alt got killed did ten rolls no gold so I stopped.

smbu2000

Yes! I was able to clear Hera Dragon! (no continues)

My teams were:
Main: Minerva/Mamiya/Cecil/Uriel/Kaguya Hime (New Years one)
Sub: Minerva/Mamiya/Mamiya/Elia/Elder (Erudora)

I was trying to have as much dark damage resistance as I could get. Not including the 75% resist from my leaders, my subs with their dark damage resistances had 65% on my main and 55% on my sub.

First floor wasn't too difficult to stall. Second floor took the longest, but once I got Ceres into her dark side, stalling was very easy. I did wait out her 99turn absorb greater than 500k damage shield as trying to keep under 500k and make at least 7 combos to attack wasn't so easy.
Hera Dragon wasn't too bad, I just had to stay under her 2 million damage shield. My resistances let me tank the 330k damage attack at the end.

Now I can make Yomi Dragon on both of my accounts.

I have like 140+ stones on both my jp accounts

I'm thinking about chasing Kaioh.

I kind of regret not going after Aizen and some are saying Kaioh is just as good if not better, is that a fair assessment of him?

Or I can save/collect more stones for Heroine REM return and suffer crushing disappointment on that.

edit: chickened out just rolled till gold. Bat on my main, my alt got killed did ten rolls no gold so I stopped.
Kaioh seems strong, but more like Kagutsuchi.
I rolled a little on both of my accounts and got only silver...was hoping for at least one gold...

edit: Just as I say that I roll once more on my main and pick up Bat, nice! 2 turn delay along with 2 turn bind clear and 2 turn no awakenings clear. Could be very useful! Now on my main account Kaioh is the only gold I'm missing (and Huey as a silver.) My sub still only has 1 gold. (Yuria)

@Cosmo Clock 21: Congrats on RaDra!

Adeptrain

It cost me 6 stones and I really should not have attempted it yet, but I got cocky with my Aizen team and cleared the Myr Dungeon!!! It'll probably be months before I'm able to awaken her or even use her anywhere, but I really wanted her!!

Huh, and I'm finally a member now, yay!

Jagernaut

I want to beat the One Shot challenge for the Rodin Tamazo. I never attempted the earlier ones. I started with the fire dragon so I'll face Zeus Dragon as the boss. Would it be easier to use Myr or Krishna? Or is there a better lead for this?

J0dy77

good mobage evening, took like 10 runs of monday dungeon to get the last golem needed to make the voltron lol

Congrats!

I'm still prepping away. Got the two red golems I needed from Monday dungeon this morning. Nice bonus was that I already had the 2 green and blue sitting in my box, pays to be a hoarder sometimes. Now I just need to finish off the Zeus evolves and farm a crap load of Keeper of Gold, think I needs about 16 more tomorrow if anyone wants to MP farm them.

b33r

I want to beat the One Shot challenge for the Rodin Tamazo. I never attempted the earlier ones. I started with the fire dragon so I'll face Zeus Dragon as the boss. Would it be easier to use Myr or Krishna? Or is there a better lead for this?

I haven't fought Zeus Dragon yet either, I hear he is the easiest one though. I'm fire to, I think I'm going to try Aizen, but I think either of yours would work. From what I understand, he's easy to stall between, I think, 90% and 50%, so make sure you take him down a bit, but not below 50%, then blast him. His resolve is 20 million, so you don't have to be nice, depending on team of course.

Aesnath

@Cosmo Clock: Congrats. That seems like a lot of work.

This weekend was really frustrating, as I could not beat the snow globe challenge on legend plus with my minerva team. I tried several different builds and strategies, and I got close several times, but it just never worked out. At the end of the day, the team just struggles to deal more than a couple of million damage at once. More than a few times I would screw up, get serket into her execution mode, survive the hit, but then have no remaining board change for the poison and to deal the killing blow. Either way it was really frustrating and I planned my time so poorly that I ended up using a stone last night to get enough stamina to finish skilling my kaede (who I had mostly forgotten about until that point).

My daughter drew an Ulquiorra with her free bleach roll, and over the course of the last two weeks we have been running the bleach dungeon, mostly on legend for skill ups. Probably over 30 times. Only two drops. Two. So that sucked too.

Today has been ok, however. I ran Cecil in the ranking dungeon and almost got to 50%, which is much better than my previous of 98%, so maybe I can finally get that +hp badge? I also beat Myr on Legend plus with Gremory. So now I have her, but I have no plans on doing anything with her anytime soon. I still don't have an easy way of getting true damage on the team, so mythical plus seems like it might be a problem.

raiot

It depends on your team, but Myr is just about the perfect choice for this dungeon.

Bladelaw

Mostly what b33r said. If you use Myr you can stall through his poison/heal board too with the RCV badge.

If you trigger his combo shield, heal him unless you think you can crack it. I did it with Myr.

I ran the Noah OSC and Aizen made it a joke. I inherited Indra on Yomidra and plowed through. Stalled for actives on Noah dragon, then started to smash it once she stopped absorbing water/dark.

I'm hoping I can get my alt through Zeus dragon. I have a strong Myr team but it's missing a lot of skill ups.

It cost me 6 stones and I really should not have attempted it yet, but I got cocky with my Aizen team and cleared the Myr Dungeon!!! It'll probably be months before I'm able to awaken her or even use her anywhere, but I really wanted her!!

Huh, and I'm finally a member now, yay!

Congrats on both counts.

Myr's first evo is fine for co-op for the most part if you're able to make it, it has the same multiplier that her final evolution used to have.

6 stones in the grand scheme of things isn't much, and Myr for 6 stones is a way better deal than spending that in the REM to have a small chance of getting a card with comparable strength.

Jagernaut

It depends on your team, but Myr is just about the perfect choice for this dungeon.

I have:

Myr
Wukong
Awoken DQXQ
Apocalpyse
Reincarnated Venus

All hypermaxed. Reincarnated Venus could inherit DQXQ, or delay or other utility.

I also have a strong Krishna team

Krishna
Urd or Awoken Leilan
Raoh
Awoken Ares or Misato
Yamato

All hypermaxed.

Edit. I have the 25% rcv badge not the 35%.

Bladelaw

I have:

Myr
Wukong
Awoken DQXQ
Apocalpyse
Reincarnated Venus

All hypermaxed. Reincarnated Venus could inherit DQXQ, or delay or other utility.

I also have a strong Krishna team

Krishna
Urd or Awoken Leilan
Raoh
Awoken Ares or Misato
Yamato

All hypermaxed.
I'd take your Myr team. Not sure what would be the best inherit. Indra can get you out of more trouble than a delay but a delay can make Zera super easy. I'd go for the delay so you can use it on beelzebub/DXM or Zera to stall before Zeus dragon. Then Venus will have her enhance which should do a decent bit to Zeus Dragon.

Btw why don't I ever see Raphael pop up in any teams or strats? It seems that shield is so unique that it can help cheese a ton of dungeons. I max skilled mine from the light chinbowdras a while ago.

I know the board change is bad but the card has great RCV and pretty good HP. I don't understand why he seems even more niche than Hades.

Jagernaut

I'd take your Myr team. Not sure what would be the best inherit. Indra can get you out of more trouble than a delay but a delay can make Zera super easy. I'd go for the delay so you can use it on beelzebub/DXM or Zera to stall before Zeus dragon. Then Venus will have her enhance which should do a decent bit to Zeus Dragon.

My Myr has no inherit, should I put a fairy tale girl inherit on?

Bladelaw

My Myr has no inherit, should I put a fairy tale girl inherit on?

I did, It was never required but it was a nice safety net in case things went real south or I didn't want to flood the board with hearts.

Btw why don't I ever see Raphael pop up in any teams or strats? It seems that shield is so unique that it can help cheese a ton of dungeons. I max skilled mine from the light chinbowdras a while ago.

I know the board change is bad but the card has great RCV and pretty good HP. I don't understand why he seems even more niche than Hades.

It's used on Mathena cheese, plenty of mech zeus farming teams, key sub for some light rainbow leads like ADQXQ, Yuna, and others. He can be used with a Dios led Kuramitsuha button team. The real problem is the long ass cooldown puts him in a similar space to Awoken Orochi. Amazing skill you can use once a dungeon to avoid something nasty. Most of the things you could use Raph for Awoken Orochi can also work. it's just when you face a status shield and an instalkill does Raph really show his worth. Anything less than a kill shot you can usually use Indra instead.

hermit7

2 stones Noah dragon with aizen.

Popped him to around 45 percent and then had the 75% shield up.

Popped a board changer and only had 8 dark orbs. Made a cross and got him to 25 percent or so stone.

Popped another and had the same thing happen. Stone.

Finally killed her. Would have no stoned with a better board but that is rng. And 2 stones isn't too bad.

I also started with fire. I just beat it with Krishna and only had to use one stone because I got him under 50% without healing enough. Krishna is probably easier because you can stall without a cross every turn but it will take longer. Took me around 45min I think but I was pretty conservative and stalled a lot.

Here's my team. I had around 56k HP and used the +15% RCV badge which allowed me to heal up from most hits with only 3 hearts and a few combos.

Krishna (Awoken Freyr), +297
Fire/Light Ares, +65, +99, +99
Dragon Killer Tsubaki (Awoken Cao Cao), +50, +50, +99
Reincarnated Minerva (Red Guan Yu), +0, +0, +99
Uriel, all around +75
Krishna (Awoken Viper Orochi), +297

Revo Minerva people keep denying my friend requests :(

I just need a few to solo farm Myr and Scarlet because my ALB teams are not up to snuff (only two maxed Dioses and nothing 297'd).

Some guy last night wanted to run Monday expert and so I did that for an hour and got about 50 of the drops that will skill up my 4 DKalis after the update. I hope there's another skillup bonus soon :(

Bladelaw

Revo Minerva people keep denying my friend requests :(

I just need a few to solo farm Myr and Scarlet because my ALB teams are not up to snuff (only two maxed Dioses and nothing 297'd).

Some guy last night wanted to run Monday expert and so I did that for an hour and got about 50 of the drops that will skill up my 4 DKalis after the update. I hope there's another skillup bonus soon :(

Just ask me to put her up. I have a max level/skilled one. She'll be hyper if the skill rotation patch doesn't have Uevo Ra Dragon.

I think I'm OK as long as the game keeps recognizing that I'm looking for one and giving me a random every now and then. I wish it cared more about that than giving me ADQXQ randoms or that their system apparently thinks I need or want another 40 Ronove friends.

Bladelaw

Anyone try their hand at the ranking dungeon? I tried the Dios team on reddit and did ok, then used Aizen and got 2.6%. I need to go faster but that's pretty much the only improvement I can make. 2 crosses hits damage cap, you can one cross most floors, bring rodin for color coverage and predra.

Do something to keep the combo count average at 3-4 and finish with around 200 seconds and you should crown. I'm slow at 185 but I could be faster if I match better on floor 1.

EDIT: ran again and got 1.4% I'm at the RNG threshold at this point and I'm not throwing stones at a crown. Even if it would be my first :(

b33r

Anyone try their hand at the ranking dungeon? I tried the Dios team on reddit and did ok, then used Aizen and got 2.6%. I need to go faster but that's pretty much the only improvement I can make. 2 crosses hits damage cap, you can one cross most floors, bring rodin for color coverage and predra.

Do something to keep the combo count average at 3-4 and finish with around 200 seconds and you should crown. I'm slow at 185 but I could be faster if I match better on floor 1.

EDIT: ran again and got 1.4% I'm at the RNG threshold at this point and I'm not throwing stones at a crown. Even if it would be my first :(

I beat it once last night with Aizen, at around 20%, I won't chase a crown but will go for 10%. I think it'll be hard to get a crown unless you have yamamoto, saw some vids with him already. Think I'm going to test a tpa build. Also 2 crosses can kill predra.

Bladelaw

I beat it once last night with Aizen, at around 20%, I won't chase a crown but will go for 10%. I think it'll be hard to get a crown unless you have yamamoto, saw some vids with him already. Think I'm going to test a tpa build. Also 2 crosses can kill predra.

Yeah but Rodin is faster and you don't lose all that damage to defense.

Curious what the yamamoto build is.

Is two dark crosses with Aizen

2 * (2*6) = 24
2 * (2*6) = 24
24 * 24 = x576 multiplier?

If so that's bonkers and I see why people were chasing him.

Still not enough for me to really rethink not rolling at all in the collab, though.

b33r

Is two dark crosses with Aizen

2 * (2*6) = 24
2 * (2*6) = 24
24 * 24 = x576 multiplier?

If so that's bonkers and I see why people were chasing him.

Still not enough for me to really rethink not rolling at all in the collab, though.

Yeah it's x576 lol. His static x36 is enough for most things on it's own. If he had a hp modifier he'd be broken. He is the only S tier without one our a shield right now. You can one shot either Kali with 2 crosses.

127k for a 0.5%. I'd love that score to hold, but my hopes aren't high. This tournament is weird. There seem to be a lot of teams capable of 1%ing, but they're mostly all lucksacky as hell. Even more so than usual.

In summary: ranking dungeons are the worst.

Kwhit10

Can anyone put up a DMeta so I can try that team for ranking. I've tried some other builds but 80% SBR means 0% in all my runs so far

Edit maybe I'll try with aizen with dmeta since he has flat 6x and there of tons of those up.

Can someone remind me how to display certain leaders to friends?

I know the first three slots are meaningful, but what triggers what? My first slot is Krishna but for the most part I'm still getting Ronove (slot 4) friend requests, with the occasional Myr who is slot 7 or 8. The only ALB (slot 2) requests I get are from discord farm partners.

Is this:
The helper monster that other people will see from you is the leader of the team you used most recently, so you should try to leave up a strong monster that people will want to use. After reaching Rank 120, a player can see two leaders from each friend - their leader from Team 1, and the leader of their current team. Even when you aren't at Rank 120, though, other players above Rank 120 can still see your two leaders, so if you are a new player but have high-ranking friends, you should try to set a leader for your Team 1 that's different from the leader you usually use.
still true? I guess I don't notice 2 different leads for each friend on my friends list.

Do you really have to recreate your teams every time you want to put someone different up by changing slots? That would get annoying quick. And do you have to run a dungeon with your new leader for the game to "reset" your leader?

I'm still really confused about that and the algorithm for recommending randoms to you.

Can someone remind me how to display certain leaders to friends?

I know the first three slots are meaningful, but what triggers what? My first slot is Krishna but for the most part I'm still getting Ronove (slot 4) friend requests, with the occasional Myr who is slot 7 or 8. The only ALB (slot 2) requests I get are from discord farm partners.

Is this:

still true? I guess I don't notice 2 different leads for each friend on my friends list.

Do you really have to recreate your teams every time you want to put someone different up by changing slots? That would get annoying quick. And do you have to run a dungeon with your new leader for the game to "reset" your leader?

Also, it's only the leaders of the teams that matter so you can reserve slots 1 and 2 for sharing and just have the leaders set with no subs and then use all other slots to make the teams you actually want to use so you can change them around without worrying about changing what your friends see.

I'm still really confused about that and the algorithm for recommending randoms to you.
Info is correct about teams 1 and "last used" which in order to set you just need to go to it on the team screen and then go back. It should have a green square before the team name when it's active. If you change it then people need to back out to title screen and then re-enter the game before they can see it.

Team 2 is the BF only slot and BFs can also see both other leaders at all times if you played within the last 24 hours.

The only leader randoms will ever see is your currently active team's leader, regardless of slot and regardless of who you had active when you sent the friend request. Since I'm lazy/a dick I'll frequently let friend requests chill in my mailbox so I can see who they rotate to over time.

You are getting ALB friend requests from discord because they saw your ALB team, it's not related to what slot you put him in.

Your currently active leader is updated either when you start a dungeon or when you back out of a menu after you switch active teams (either on the pre-dungeon screen or on edit team).

Jagernaut

I also started with fire. I just beat it with Krishna and only had to use one stone because I got him under 50% without healing enough. Krishna is probably easier because you can stall without a cross every turn but it will take longer. Took me around 45min I think but I was pretty conservative and stalled a lot.

Here's my team. I had around 56k HP and used the +15% RCV badge which allowed me to heal up from most hits with only 3 hearts and a few combos.

Krishna (Awoken Freyr), +297
Fire/Light Ares, +65, +99, +99
Dragon Killer Tsubaki (Awoken Cao Cao), +50, +50, +99
Reincarnated Minerva (Red Guan Yu), +0, +0, +99
Uriel, all around +75
Krishna (Awoken Viper Orochi), +297

I just beat it on the first try with Krishna but I used 2 stones. 1 on Zeus&Hera because I brought them under 50% and didn't bring an unbindable bind clear. Another stone on Zeus Dragon when I went for the kill but only brought him down to 10%. After I stoned I used Urd to make 8 combos + skyfall.

At least I got 1 stone back for the clear and got Rodin Tamazo.

Edit. I fed a red snow globe to Rodin Tamazo and got a great to max in 1 feed. Fed him 9 Tamadra and 4 flampys, so it's ready for use.

Jagernaut

I got 9.7% first try with A Pandora but I have Leeza and ALB/Dios so I think I can make something similar this.

Yamatsumi Tournament - 129,554 points, 0.1%

Thanks for the video. I used my new Rodin Tamazo instead of Rodin in this team and got 2.6%. Tamazo has 1 less skill boost than Rodin but Spica (no inherit) made up for it with her haste. I already had Australis on Tengu so I didn't change it.

It took a few tries, healing to full with heart skyfall ruins the run and so does having Leeza or friend Dios bound.

Top Bottom