• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Quantum

I hope this is a joke. "I should save my stones for an event REM" is not something any rational person can say earnestly.

After rolling for years, I generally look forward to the collabs more than the god fests now.

I think the game changes the longer you play, and new mobs are always welcome.

I absolutely did not bother to spend for this REM 6* rarity shit.

W-00

I have Elgenubi. Hm... She's a 2.25/36/1 leader... Not exactly great, these days.

Wait, that's her base form. Let's have a look at her ult... Oh, she gets a recovery boost, making her 2.25/36/2.25. That's considerably better. I could use a Kuvia in the last slot (or even replace an Antares with a second Kuvia). The team would be overflowing with SBR, but have absolutely no bind protection. It would take nine orbs, but matching the sparkle and a TPA would have (if my understanding of TPA is correct) Kuvia doing over 180x attack. That's respectable.

My eight pulls spread over two days. Since Three Kingdoms v2 was paired with series I hadn't pulled from, I decided to burn through all of my saved stones and see what happened.

Balboa (3rd one)
Fujin
Phoenix Rider
Dino Rider
Red Sky Wizard, Chester
Denebola (2nd one)
Diaochan
The Norn Urd

Only two dupes so I'm okay with these rolls I guess. Still, eventually I'm going to have to start using a team other than Sumire to make use of them. One of these days...

Ducarmel

I hope this is a joke. "I should save my stones for an event REM" is not something any rational person can say earnestly.
My main account is old so I have a good amount of the available REM pantheons, the only thing I look forward to are the rare sought after 6* and any new pantheons. Dont get me wrong I am missing good pantheon cards, like I would love to have an Orochi, or a Ra, I have tried to go after them before but we all know its equally foolish to go after one specific card even when the rates are boosted.

IMO with the way rng plays out in this game hoping for a second Dkali, an Eschamali or my first Ra is no different then hoping for a 7*/8* event REM card.

Recently I was excited getting my first Leilan.....Misato Leilan and that was from Eva REM.

Jagernaut

Now that I have my first Red Odin I need to choose an ultimate evolution. Fire/Dark which is unbindable, or the new Fire evo with better stats and more rows. Not sure which one to pick.

Silent_Z

Now that I have my first Red Odin I need to choose an ultimate evolution. Fire/Dark which is unbindable, or the new Fire evo with better stats and more rows. Not sure which one to pick.

Rows aren't that hard to come by, and ROdin classic's stats are generally good enough. Baiting dark binds is pretty awesome.

beat A1 a second time with Ilm/Minerva
after 6 failed attempts over the course of a week
, I much prefer it to Krishna. I'm just looking for stable clears more than anything. I didn't have a damage enhance so I was worried, but that site that shows the ideal board setups with bicolor boards was great for my 11-19 Ilm board.

I'm definitely a late convert to the power of delays, it's such a lovely way to handle so many situations. I should revo my Orochi...

J0dy77

After rolling for years, I generally look forward to the collabs more than the god fests now.

I think the game changes the longer you play, and new mobs are always welcome.

I absolutely did not bother to spend for this REM 6* rarity shit.

Yesterday: dupe Sitri
Today: dupe Grodin

Can't complain with GFEs, but at the same time...

This is honestly the worst the REM has felt since the very early days when there was tons of Silver farmable junk that popped out. The shift to focus on impossible to chase 6* GFE, the same pantheons over and over and tons of new "Gold" junk that pops out... it's a mess.

ccbfan

This is honestly the worst the REM has felt since the very early days when there was tons of Silver farmable junk that popped out. The shift to focus on impossible to chase 6* GFE, the same pantheons over and over and tons of new "Gold" junk that pops out... it's a mess.

I wouldnt say that.

We're just spoiled now cause there's over 100 good rolls that would allow us to be able to complete 99 percent of the content. Because good rolls are so easy to get, now we want great rolls. Sure the perfect Kaede team or RaDra team is a little bit difficult but there's so many options compared to the first year.

In the early day, you basically need a Ra/Horus or you can't complete a majority of the end game content. Its wasn't until AA Luci when the non fortunate got an opportunity to do end game content. Before Ra/Horus, you had to stone through Descends.

Aesnath

OK, so the godfest went...OK I guess. All rolls on day 2

1. Water Dragon Knight (actually something I wanted for Meri)
2. Yo--the blue pad battle guy (again, seems solid for Meri, pretty unique skill)
3. Diochan (Two turn cooldowns are nice)
4. Ivory Dragon (Crap)
5. Ivory Dragon (CRAP)
6. Thanatos (Dupe, so CRAP)
7. Red PAD battle guy (reads him, basically a gigas, so CRAP)
8. Anima (Dupe...but I guess the spike could be useful on Minerva)
9. Red Cyberdragon (...I guess I'm keeping it, red row plus haste could be useful)
10. Diochan #2 (I wonder what to do with two them)
11. Green REM Dragon (so..much..crap)
12. Woodbahn (Dang it!)
13. Red Wisdom King (pretty nice, active is fairly unique)

On the one hand, I got some odd blues that seem kinda cool for Meri, as well as two Diochans and a Red Wisdom King lady. On the other hand, I only had two actual godfest rolls, no constellation pantheon (of which I wanted several) and a full third of absolute crap. Really dicey godfest. I probably wouldn't have rolled so hard, but constellation seemed great--I just never saw any.

Anyone have any experience with R. Anubis?, I drew an Anubis a couple of godfests ago, I still haven't evo'd him as I have never really been good with combos. However, I've seen that 2x Diochan is pretty good with him and if I ran something like R.Anubis/Diochan/Diochan/DD Cecil/R.Yomi (when she gets here), it would be like 12 TE plus two extra seconds every turn, for 8 seconds of bonus move time. I reckon I might be able to make combos with that much time. It is still a ways off (would want R. Anubis buff and Diochan skill-ups), but I am willing to work towards this alternate team in the meantime.

I'm also thinking about trying Meri on Arena 1: Meri (Yo & King Siegfried)/Beach Metatron (Water Dragon Knight)/Sitri (Orochi)/Gabriel (Y'sholta)/Summer Urd (Urd)

Any thoughts on what I should be worried about? I'm a little hesitant about SI-ing over Meri ('cause her skill is so good), but Y&S do the same color orb convert with a 50% shield, which should allow me to deal with preemptives. I could also put him over Sitri and move Orochi elsewhere, but I've found that I don't want to mess with my access to water and heart actives (Gabe and Urd), in case I need to heal.

Quantum

I wouldnt say that.

We're just spoiled now cause there's over 100 good rolls that would allow us to be able to complete 99 percent of the content. Because good rolls are so easy to get, now we want great rolls. Sure the perfect Kaede team or RaDra team is a little bit difficult but there's so many options compared to the first year.

In the early day, you basically need a Ra/Horus or you can't complete a majority of the end game content. Its wasn't until AA Luci when the non fortunate got an opportunity to do end game content. Before Ra/Horus, you had to stone through Descends.

I wouldn't say spoiled.

I agree that in the beginning a lot of people stoned through new content because of the lack of end game leaders, but over time the game (meta/difficulty/end game content) has changed.

changed so much that we need platinum/crystal level eggs instead of gold level eggs. End game teams still require a large number of REM mobs - Certainly there are more "good" cards, but I think team building became more difficult, not easier.

Now new players are forced to play a "bingo" type of pulling from the REM to build a viable end game team, certainly vets had RNG against them as well - but the options were much lower and the teams to build were much more obvious.

Gungho has to get paid, and for this REM I am glad that we are months behind JPN servers - we had the forewarning that the 6* rolls were crap and as tempted as I was it made no sense for me to roll.

BTW if you're still hunting for a 10% ranking for the quest this ranking dungeon is one of the easier ones to do so. The biggest tip for a good score is that most floors don't actually require a heart cross to sweep.

Selner

Ok, this was my second godfest, as I started playing during the last one. Lots of stones to throw at this one.

14 total pulls.

6* baldin
6* sylvie
5* sumire
5* raphael
5* sadalmelik
5* kurone
5* sonia
5* sonia (doh!)
5* australis
5* kagutsuchi
5* green odin
5* gadius
5* alnair
4* water dragon swordsman

Those are in addition to the three I got from the last godfest:
Krishna
Dantelion
Fenrir

^ That's a mighty good and diverse lineup, especially if you're just starting out.

Red Sonia is not a good leader but any skill that turns the board into two colors will have usefulness basically always, so don't sell (or fuse) your duplicate!

Australis alone is your ticket to farming basically every evo or guerrilla dungeon in the game, provided you put in the work of developing a few Zeus-Dioses.

J0dy77

I wouldnt say that.

I agree with you about the leader situation but fixing the leaders situation is different from the REM problem and separate discussions. Gungho has done a great job of updating older cards and making a lot of teams viable of clearing content. Maybe my point is that the game has really started to feel stale for me and the REM is a big reason why in its current state. I understand the way the game is monetized and i'm glad that gungho goes back and updates older cards rather than making them useless and having to chase new updated versions.

Here's my thinking:

Early days of REM... Constant implementation of Pantheons with a solid chance of receiving those cards. Viable leader count was low but if you continually rolled against the right events, you got a good amount of the cards you wanted. Farmable cards had a solid place on some of the better teams.and not having ideal subs didn't make or break you for high end content.

Current REM... Heavy focus on 6* GFE that are almost impossible to chase. Leaders are plentiful but ideal subs are almost required with additional inherits required. Same pantheons over and over again. 3 kingdoms is probably the first new pantheon we've had in a year.

Back to my point about the game being stale. I think that's where the bigger part of my gripe comes from. Most of us in this thread are long time players and I can only run the same descended dungeons over and over and over so many times. Each event seems the same and I have a ton of teams that can clear this content but am locked out of the highest end content because I don't have exactly ideal subs for MP cards.

I really wish someone would just make a PAD clone that I could pay a couple dollars for expansions that I had to work to level cards from. Take the slot machine out of the game and make it truly a strategy game. I love pad and will always play because they've created something great in terms of gameplay... I'm just getting burnt out on the RNG.

What do you think about the fixed team ranking dungeons like the one that's currently running? They are probably one of my favorite events in modern PAD because I'm at that skill level where I'm just barely outside 1% looking in, so I have "challenging" content to constantly run every week

The 6* GFE shit is unfortunate but a lot of other mobage use that business model so it was bound to happen sooner or later

W-00

I wonder if anyone is actually spending stones on the Chibimachine. I mean, considering that GungHo didn't think giving us a free roll would tempt anyone into rolling in it more.

3 kingdoms is probably the first new pantheon we've had in a year.

It's at least the second. Wisdom Kings were less than a year ago. Though I suppose the Wisdom Kings were fairly low impact. I have Acala on both accounts, but I hardly ever use her.

What do you think about the fixed team ranking dungeons like the one that's currently running? They are probably one of my favorite events in modern PAD because I'm at that skill level where I'm just barely outside 1% looking in, so I have "challenging" content to constantly run every week

They're okay, though it's going to take me a lot of stamina to get skilled enough with Kaede to get to the point where I'm actually doing well. I'd prefer a non-fixed team ranking dungeon, since I'm fairly confident we haven't had one since the HREM, and I'd like to give Meri a shot at one.

J0dy77

The 6* GFE shit is unfortunate but a lot of other mobage use that business model so it was bound to happen sooner or later

Yeah, I can't complain too much when the business model is setup this way. I've gotten more hours out of this game than any other in my lifetime and have still spent less than one $60 game that I've paid for at release. Gungho is always going to try and make the most money possible and the majority of that comes from having people chase RNG.

Just feels like there is a huge opportunity for a more strategic and deeper game where all the cards were obtainable through in game effort with a DLC type model. Could really make for a competitive PvP style strategy game.

Aesnath

Anyone know when the next event is going to start? It seems odd that we got another MP dungeon without an accompanying event. Or is it going to be this weekend, like normal?

REM gods being sacrificed for ultimate evos, 5mil MP for a 2 month top-of-the-meta card, the introduction of 7* and 8* GFEs, good times ahead

💀

J0dy77

Made it to the top 8% without really trying in the sphinx tournament. Not sure it is going to hold with this much time left, need to start reading the guides for most efficient ways to clear floors.

Aesnath

Made it to the top 8% without really trying in the sphinx tournament. Not sure it is going to hold with this much time left, need to start reading the guides for most efficient ways to clear floors.

I tried it once. I beat it, but it didn't go well. I wish these stupid things cost less stamina, or came on a week that wasn't post godfest (lots of evo mat grinding to do!).

I tried it once. I beat it, but it didn't go well. I wish these stupid things cost less stamina, or came on a week that wasn't post godfest (lots of evo mat grinding to do!).

preach

I get that it's supposed to be a skill filter and you shouldn't be able to just spam it over and over until the perfect skyfall happens... but it's really super annoying to blow 2+ hours on a run that almost certainly won't put me in range to get the badges that require >50/40% on a ranking dungeon. I don't care about the crown, I just want access to content that theoretically should be attainable by all :(

J0dy77

I've run Kaede a bunch so I was familiar with the team and damage. Might be able to push for 1% on this event but it seems really hard on these set team events. With the level playing field it is a lot more competition.

Bladelaw

I have a love/hate feeling with fixed team ranking dungeons. I like the idea of a level playing field and skill being the primary metric for achievement. I hate the luck aspect that defines the top 5%. In this case it's a matter of getting enough green orbs naturally to just combo out each board and pray for skyfall to push up the average combo count.

God fest was extremely kind to me. No Sima Yi but almost everything else I could have wanted. I got Fujin who has been put to use on Super Yomi Dragon, Noctis and a few other teams just having fun. There were a bunch of other solid pulls too. The 4* stuff helped me 297 a Revo Shiva team I'm having fun with while waiting for new content.

I'm looking at Titania and wondering how to best farm that dungeon. I saw a couple solo Aizen clears that looked promising but the 8 combo shield on Titania is a hell of a barrier and time sink. She helps by giving you a bunch of extra time to fiddle with orbs at least. Her skill is pretty useful so it'd be nice to have her maxed. I'm thinking of using her as a spike for the dumb Yomidragon/NY Spica team. But farming up 15 of her sounds like a massive pain.

Bladelaw

Re: Noah Dragon, I used Myr and stalled out the damage absorb so my alt could get one. Not sure if I'll ever put it to use though.

Also if anyone on my friends list need Fujin on a lead let me know and I'll adjust as needed.

I'm thinking of shenanigans I can get up to with Fujin. Cheesing Radars (Zeus and Hera at least) is nice, Mathena becomes pretty farmable with a bunch more teams, Arena 1 is a total joke by defanging Sopdet and speeding up Parvati. Sea of Stars is way easier by removing Niflheim as a threat. What else is out there that Fujin opens up?

JP is back up, ran both beta 3P dungeons for kicks

First round got paired with a Bacetet player who did not appear to be very good at PAD, we carried the entire dungeon

Second round got paired with a Re:Anubis savant and some inuyasha player

Final verdict 8/10

Bladelaw

looks like re:kush is growing in popularity...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgMqHz53yBc

Revo Kush and Revo Astaroth are both high on my list of things in JP I want ASAP.

I'm playing around with a few different teams to stave off non-event boredom. I managed an Arena 1 clear with Revo Shiva so that was awesome. My first real lead finally gets his moment in the sun. The team was
Revo Shiva (Awoken Indra)
Revo Kagu (R/G Cao Cao)
Rozuel (Rinoa)
Revo Horus (Facet)
Urd (Urd)
Revo Shiva

I wish I had fire dragon swordsman as that would have made life a little easier over Rinoa but I still managed to get through. I had favorable spawns for the most part (Zhou Yu being the only exception I think). Also I probably didn't need facet but I wanted to one shot Kali. Much more challenging than Aizen, YomiDra and Noctis but basically it comes down to dungeon knowledge. Know which floors you can stall on, blast through, or take seriously and you'll do fine.

My current project is an Astaroth team in prep for her revo. I never played green rows outside of ALB (so never for serious non-cheese content). The team I'm looking at building now: Awoken Astaroth, G/D MeiMei, Michael, G/G Astaroth, Ronove

My green pool of healers and devils is pretty sad but the MeiMei-->Michael combo is really strong and killers on the subs make up for the general lack of damage. I've got access to a few other green healers/devils (Mito, Leeza, Awoken Freyja, Kush, AnaCeres, G/D Ceres, Wee Jas, and Acetet) Ronove is basically an inherit base for other skills but Leeza might be able to fill the same role while providing damage via killers.

Bladelaw

someone trying to make a video showing how awesome Revo Anubis' RCV is by praying for heart skyfall? or SSS level troll?

I'm also looking into Farming MHera. Fujin removes a bit of RNG. The current ALB discord guide could pretty much swap Orochi inherit for Fujin and run according to plan if you don't get orb trolled on floor 4. I'm curious if there's a more consistent, faster run. For the sake of speed, water, light, and dark teams are out (due to absorb mechanics) leaving fire and wood.

Requirements:
48k HP (or the means to survive a 47+k preempt)
Fujin (To blast floor 4) and the inherit base for her
No water, light, or dark (Due to the water armor dragon and Mech Hera)
Spike (For Hysferzen-->Mech Hera) or the means to deal ~22 million then ~42 million damage
100% SBR (Due to the Mech General spawn)

There's probably a ton I'm not thinking of, Also Mech Zeus can be used with a wood/fire team if you can resist or heal from the preempt hits.
Solid fire leads (focusing on speed): Yamamoto, Awoken Cao Cao
Wood: ALB, Mathena

Mathena is more sub restrictive but if you can field a team it might be the fastest way out.
Ronove would could hold Fujin and the spike, Rag Dragon covers damage and Balboa or Spica for added damage or Australis to keep wood orbs flowing. Slot a quick orb change on Mathena like Leeza or Phact and you should be good to go if you can get the SB needed for Fujin to be up. Really all you'd need is a solid kill board for MHera and you could probably prong out of every other floor.

ALB is like I said probably just use the discord team swapping Orochi for Fujin and pray for no orb troll on FL4. More accessible but also more prone to failure (though I'd argue less than the current method)

Yamamoto would need SBR protection but is also less likely to need spike coverage, though there aren't as many good inherit bases. but I think subs like:
Yamato, Rodin, Revo Horus, Freyr, and Awoken Cao Cao would work. Revo Horus is the best inherit base I can think of in fire, everyone else is for skill boosts and orb generation.

Awoken Cao Cao would play like a less restrictive ALB team since SBR is covered much easier. Again revo horus would hold Fujin. My only concern with an ACC team is making sure a skill is available any turn something needs to die.

I think Yamamoto or Mathena are probably the best choices. Anyone want to do some science with me?

I'm still playing around with team comp ideas but I'd like to test some theories. NY Yamato with 3 SB, multiboost, and dragon killer seems especially well suited for this dungeon. Maybe even NY Mitsuki given she has SBR and machine killer. Her active sucks for this dungeon and the cooldown is too high though, especially given her lack of SB.

J0dy77

looks like re:kush is growing in popularity...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgMqHz53yBc

Revo Kush and Revo Astaroth are both high on my list of things in JP I want ASAP.

I'm playing around with a few different teams to stave off non-event boredom. I managed an Arena 1 clear with Revo Shiva so that was awesome. My first real lead finally gets his moment in the sun. The team was
Revo Shiva (Awoken Indra)
Revo Kagu (R/G Cao Cao)
Rozuel (Rinoa)
Revo Horus (Facet)
Urd (Urd)
Revo Shiva

I wish I had fire dragon swordsman as that would have made life a little easier over Rinoa but I still managed to get through. I had favorable spawns for the most part (Zhou Yu being the only exception I think). Also I probably didn't need facet but I wanted to one shot Kali. Much more challenging than Aizen, YomiDra and Noctis but basically it comes down to dungeon knowledge. Know which floors you can stall on, blast through, or take seriously and you'll do fine.

My current project is an Astaroth team in prep for her revo. I never played green rows outside of ALB (so never for serious non-cheese content). The team I'm looking at building now: Awoken Astaroth, G/D MeiMei, Michael, G/G Astaroth, Ronove

My green pool of healers and devils is pretty sad but the MeiMei-->Michael combo is really strong and killers on the subs make up for the general lack of damage. I've got access to a few other green healers/devils (Mito, Leeza, Awoken Freyja, Kush, AnaCeres, G/D Ceres, Wee Jas, and Acetet) Ronove is basically an inherit base for other skills but Leeza might be able to fill the same role while providing damage via killers.

Prepped both of my Hakus waiting for D. Athena and REvo Kush. Working on the subs for Awoken Asteroth as well. Looking forward to Kushinade the most since the playstyle is so different.

Aesnath

What is the actual upside to 3 player? Just the novelty? Like I get how co-op is generally favorable tradeoff from singleplayer, but I don't get how 3 player is.

Also, Nice to see you back Blade--really dumb temporary ban IMO.

Top Bottom