• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Just found this guide for Yamamoto farming Mhera. I can build either side with some adjustments.

Basically the teams are
Yamamoto (Carat)
Yamato (Sado)
Sanada (Fujin)
Yamato (Sado)
Yamato (Sado)

Yamamoto (Sado)
Goukami
Yamato (Sado)
Yamato (Sado)
Yamato (Sado)

1 SDR on both leads and 1 SDR for all of P1's subs.
The strategy, is just 1 or 2 row your way through the dungeon. Pop Goukami on the gears, Fujin on Sadalemek, Carat on Hysferzen, Sado on every other floor sometimes saving a row, other times using both.

For my tastes I'm not in dire need of EXTREME speed so I can stall the couple turns on floor 1 and use actives that require matching if necessary on the other floors. The big things is skill boosts, and fire orbs. Goukami is a "nice to have" but really enough orbs to break defense and kill work, same with just a Ra like inherit.

Sado inherits can obviously be replaced by things that generate more fire orbs, Ronia, Barbara, Elgenubi, etc. since Fujin solves Sadalemek the exacting damage requirement goes out the window.

I have an untouched Kushi but combo + no skyfall is terrifying to me even if I understand her power. On a whim I rewatched that 30 min "combo guide" video and went in endless with an 8 TE team and still was having a tough time doing more than 5 consistently.

Then I went to PADx and punched in my likely D.Athena team of D.Athena/(Re)Haku/(Re)Loki/Sima Yi/A.Persephone/D.Athena and there are just 2 TEs across the entire team :(

The only team I've ever felt comfortable for time with was Myr, but that's because she's nuts.

Weirdly, I typically don't have an issue with my Meri team, though...

Aesnath

I have an untouched Kushi but combo + no skyfall is terrifying to me even if I understand her power. On a whim I rewatched that 30 min "combo guide" video and went in endless with an 8 TE team and still was having a tough time doing more than 5 consistently.

Then I went to PADx and punched in my likely D.Athena team of D.Athena/(Re)Haku/(Re)Loki/Sima Yi/A.Persephone/D.Athena and there are just 2 TEs across the entire team :(

The only team I've ever felt comfortable for time with was Myr, but that's because she's nuts.

Weirdly, I typically don't have an issue with my Meri team, though...

Yeah, I kinda want to try out R. Anubis (later, when he gets the buff), since a team seems to have fallen in my lap, but even with like 8 extra seconds, I'm like "that might not be enough..."

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I need a change of pace from Krishna. Wish I had better Roots subs. I think it's time to get serious about Rag Drag. Evolving all those golems and Zaerog sounds like a pain in the dick tho.

Jagernaut

From PAD Reddit, changes in Japan weekday dungeons.
Nice to see full Tamadras return.

Monday
No change.

Tuesday
Fire/Water/Wood Keeper dungeon Reduced to 5 floors with guaranteed Light/Dark keeper on FL4.

KoR Guaranteed Light keeper on FL3 and Dark keeper on FL4.

GK No change.

Wednesday
Int All enemies are spaghetti masks except the last floor.

Expert RGB Demon mask on FL1. RGB Divine Mask on FL2. Random Divine Mask on FL3 and FL4. Guaranteed Mystic Mask on FL5.

Myth FL1,2,3 - Guaranteed RBGL RGB + L or D masks of each tier

Thursday
Int Reduced to 4 floors with guaranteed Seed on FL1, Plant on FL2, Flower on FL3 and Fruit on FL4.

Myth Baby Tamadra replaced with regular Tamadra

Friday
Int Guaranteed Mythlit on FL5.

Expert One of RGB Dublit on FL1. The other two of RGB Dublit on FL2. FL3 = FL1 + L/D Dublit. FL4 = FL2 + L/D Dublit. Guaranteed Dubmythlit on FL5.

Myth Baby Tamadra replaced with regular Tamadra

Ducarmel

The changes are good I wonder if gungho saw a decline in evo material farming. Since the pal machine update I would rather risk rng on pal machine then run material dungeon, and of course there are plenty of dungeons besides dailys that drop evo mats.

Aesnath

The changes are good I wonder if gungho saw a decline in evo material farming. Since the pal machine update I would rather risk rng on pal machine then run material dungeon, and of course there are plenty of dungeons besides dailys that drop evo mats.

Yeah, this is the first week in a long time that I've felt compelled to run material dungeons frequently (trying to evo and awoken Anubis, 2x Diochan, Yo & Siegfried). It is a drag. I think recently I've just relied on generally having enough evo junk to get by through the pal machine. First time I've needed to evo stuff that I didn't really have at hand.

On the other hand, I have A LOT of dudes sitting around that I could evo, but that don't seem like a priority (Max skilled Myr (have all the mats too, just not evo'd), 2x DQXQ, Sun Wukong, Red Wisdom King, Black Wisdom King, Green Sonia, etc.). I really should get around to making a Myr team. Just doesn't seem like it adds much to my developed Gremory team.

Bladelaw

Yeah, this is the first week in a long time that I've felt compelled to run material dungeons frequently (trying to evo and awoken Anubis, 2x Diochan, Yo & Siegfried). It is a drag. I think recently I've just relied on generally having enough evo junk to get by through the pal machine. First time I've needed to evo stuff that I didn't really have at hand.

On the other hand, I have A LOT of dudes sitting around that I could evo, but that don't seem like a priority (Max skilled Myr (have all the mats too, just not evo'd), 2x DQXQ, Sun Wukong, Red Wisdom King, Black Wisdom King, Green Sonia, etc.). I really should get around to making a Myr team. Just doesn't seem like it adds much to my developed Gremory team.

My initial thinking was have a solid "main" team that I use as my primary clear option. From there build out other teams in different elements in case a dungeon is particularly brutal to one element (IE Raphael vs. Dark). Light and dark tend to be discriminated more than most elements (probably due to having no "weakness" in type matchups). So I'd have a backup team in the wings if ever Gremory turns out to be not the best option.

As time goes on and you get a more developed box the idea becomes more about versatility than rolling with your main. At least that's how it's been for me. If you need help or just want to save stam running stuff let me know. I'm starting to get a little bored with my primary teams so I'm looking to experiment. The Astaroth team I posted above worked out pretty well for this set of challenge dungeons for example.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Now that evo mat dungeons don't suck, metal dragons are dailies, and awoken+ evos have made old ultimate evo's skill up mats completely obsolete, they need to get rid of every god damned PEM except the gung ho collab

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm getting killed on the Int Challenge for the Red Dragon Fruit(50 NRG one).

Any tips.

Good news, thanks to your help with the Krishna team, I'm starting to do the Descend Challenges. I can tackle lots of the legend and I'm currently 3/5 done for the Weekly ones.

Mythic still takes me for a spin and leaves me without pants

Got to 17.5% on the Ranking Dungeon and I don't really care if I dip below 20 as long as I get all the Ranking-related badges for it (not counting the obnoxious crown one).

Any tips.

Good news, thanks to your help with the Krishna team, I'm starting to do the Descend Challenges. I can tackle lots of the legend and I'm currently 3/5 done for the Weekly ones.

Do you mean the Thursday Dungeon (Cave of Dreaming - Mythical)? You should be able to easily clear the Int one (Green Dragon's Den - Int). Cave of Dreaming can be tough unless you're able to sweep every floor immediately, which you probably aren't able to do yet.

Clearing Legend descends is a great sign, especially given how new you are to the game. During x2 drop events you can fairly reliably get drops from the bosses on Legend difficulty, and these can often help fill your team until you get better (usually REM) monsters.

Any tips.

What is you Krishna team and is it max leveled and awoken? Since most of the things are green in the Thursday 50sta they should fall over to Krishna as long as you fully activate. Taking the mass attack badge will also help a lot.

b33r

I went ahead and started redoing the challenge mode normals on JP and it is so much easier than the old challenge mode. I could see some dungeons, especially in the technical ones, still be tough. But I think I might be able to beat arena 1 this way with a bit of luck, I know I could never do it with the old challenge rules. Guess I'll get a shit ton of stones until there is something else to spend stamina on. Looking forward to this in NA.

W-00

People hunting Haku dupes is gonna be a thing now, isnt it?

Pretty sure DAthena meant that it was already going to be a thing. Feels good to have three Haku on my main, though I'd be glad to have up to three more (one each for D/R and D/D and four Revo). Or maybe another one or two to leave as Awoken. Feels bad to have no Haku on my alt. Also feels bad to have no Kushi at all.

Aesnath

My initial thinking was have a solid "main" team that I use as my primary clear option. From there build out other teams in different elements in case a dungeon is particularly brutal to one element (IE Raphael vs. Dark). Light and dark tend to be discriminated more than most elements (probably due to having no "weakness" in type matchups). So I'd have a backup team in the wings if ever Gremory turns out to be not the best option.

As time goes on and you get a more developed box the idea becomes more about versatility than rolling with your main. At least that's how it's been for me. If you need help or just want to save stam running stuff let me know. I'm starting to get a little bored with my primary teams so I'm looking to experiment. The Astaroth team I posted above worked out pretty well for this set of challenge dungeons for example.

That's part of the problem, I basically have some alternates that seem like less work than actually getting the Myr team together (notably, R. Minerva, Meri, DD Cecil). My problems with heart cross are mostly related to combo shields, and I doubt that Myr will actually be much better in that regard.

But yeah, dark absorb does suck.

jiggle

So it's possible to get another free165k monster points in the new jpn event(on top of 3 descended egg machine/ 3 rare egg machine/3 heroine egg machine rolls)?
That's actually rather generous if they are gonna make this a monthly gift

What's not so hot
Farmable inheritable card that makes 3colors Dathena board
And NA has 0% chance of getting it :(

W-00

What's not so hot
Farmable inheritable card that makes 3colors Dathena board
And NA has 0% chance of getting it :(

Voltron! Believe in Voltron! The longer GungHo NA waits to bring forth the Voltron collab, the more reskins of useful JP-only cards Voltron might have!

Aaaand now that I've said that, tonight's stream will give more info on Voltron and it will lack this very desirable card.

Played some more 3P, I've started warming up to the mode:
- having access to 36 actives (as opposed to 20 in 2P) is amazing
- HP pools not being shared across parties lets you have "more" HP than in 2P in a way that feels different
- teams not having to explicitly synergize with one another, and the random matchmaking of 3P, means you get to see a huge variety of teams (this is probably intentional because that makes you want to roll more to build those teams)
- me and a pubbie simultaneously Nice!'d when we realized the third player was running a gimmick Taiko no Tatsujin team just for the drum sounds
- they really need more reactions than Nice!
- it's hilariously easy to doom another player, or the entire room, depending on how bad or evil you are at the game
- I can easily see event dungeons in the future that are exclusive to 3P

Randomly ran an Alt. Technical for some XP and got a Pii to drop! First time ever in over a year of playing. GH basically throws Piis at us now but it's still cool.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
What is you Krishna team and is it max leveled and awoken? Since most of the things are green in the Thursday 50sta they should fall over to Krishna as long as you fully activate. Taking the mass attack badge will also help a lot.

Mass Attack Badge?

Also, I've started to run the Sphinix thing, but keep losing. Basically, a one shot takes me out every now and then. Any tips?

Bladelaw

Mass Attack Badge?

Also, I've started to run the Sphinix thing, but keep losing. Basically, a one shot takes me out every now and then. Any tips?

If you're just looking to clear it keep in mind making a + out of hearts gives you a huge shield you can use to tank preemptive attacks and deal a bunch of damage.

Also matching four greens will do much more damage than matching 3 or 5.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you're just looking to clear it keep in mind making a + out of hearts gives you a huge shield you can use to tank preemptive attacks and deal a bunch of damage.

Also matching four greens will do much more damage than matching 3 or 5.

Is that the cross thing a lot of characters have? I don't have any, but I hear Cross Meta a lot.

W-00

Mass Attack Badge?

I take it you haven't been looking at Quests? There's a tab in the upper right of the screen that has 'Quests' on it. Pressing it will take you to 'Degree of Difficulty', 'Descended' and 'Maniacs'. Press 'Degree of Difficulty' and you'll see a few more options. If you've cleared all of the 'Expert' level quests (20 normal dungeons, 10 technicals, 5 specials, Tuesday Master level, Weekend Master level, completed a dungeon in multiplayer, and 100 monsters in the monster book), it will give you the Mass Attack Badge, which you can assign to a team (or as many teams as you want), and will make all of that team's attacks hit every enemy on the screen.

Is that the cross thing a lot of characters have? I don't have any, but I hear Cross Meta a lot.

Yep, that's the Cross Meta. It's important to note that a cross only counts if it has EXACTLY five orbs - one orb in the center and one each above, below, and to the sides. A cross that has an extra orb in one direction doesn't count.

Hope to see some of you in the livestream tonight!

I plan on being there.

How difficult is that dungeon? I haven't tried anything like that yet.

Depends on your team composition. Medjedra will temporarily swap one of your subs with your leader, so having subs with good leader skills makes the dungeon easier, while having subs with poor or incompatible leader skills can make it harder.

It was the hot ticket throughout last year. It's on its way out as the dominant "meta" but most are still very strong leaders. Essentially, by making a cross of exactly 5 heart orbs, you gain a damage-reducing "shield" for the next enemy turn, as well as (usually) a bonus to your attack. Kaede, the leader for the Sphinx ranking dungeon, reduces damage by 50% when said cross is made, as well as doubling your attack that turn. When your friend leader is another Kaede (like in the ranking dungeon), your damage is reduced another 50% and your attack is doubled again, meaning every heart cross will reduce your damage by 75% (effectively quadrupling your HP) and quadruple your attack.

There are a few guides out there for making the cross effectively; Mantastic's is probably the easiest to read.

There have since been "cross" leaders that use other orbs and lack a shield.

It would be best to practice making heart crosses in Endless for 0 stamina rather than trying on the ranking dungeon. if you make the cross every turn in the ranking dungeon you should be able to clear it easily enough for the stone, and maybe get some other goodies out of it as well.

Mass Attack Badge?

As was said, check your quests. Lots of good stuff to work towards there.

Mass Attack badge is one of the first ones you can get and can really help out teams like Krishna who need to make multiple matches to activate. Full activation of Krishna requires 3 fire matches and at its minimum that's only 3 orbs per match. You need one of the matches to be at least 5 orbs to trigger mass attack normally but the badge removes that requirement, thus saving you orbs. For the Mythical Thursday dungeon you need to sweep the seeds on the first floor immediately or you die. If you don't start with enough red orbs to activate and have no skills up first turn to make more then you are SOL but with the Mass Attack badge you can sweep the seeds with only 3 fire orbs because everyone is hitting everyone.

Another instance where it shines is Friday Mythical. The first floor has 7 enemies which means 1 won't be getting hit by anyone's primary attack. If you don't sweep them you risk getting bound to hell and failing.

It obviously becomes less useful when your team is stronger and dungeons have mostly single enemy floors, but it can be a lifesaver while you're working your way through all the normal and technical dungeons.

Selner

Speaking of quests, I see in my list I can get an evo monster infestation dungeon.

How did that work? I just get it for a limited time?

W-00

Speaking of quests, I see in my list I can get an evo monster infestation dungeon.

How did that work? I just get it for a limited time?

Yeah. When you get a dungeon from quests, first it goes to your mail, and when you pick it up from your mail you have it for (I believe) an hour before it expires. And you only get them the one time, so it's generally best to save them for when you really need them.

Yeah. When you get a dungeon from quests, first it goes to your mail, and when you pick it up from your mail you have it for (I believe) an hour before it expires. And you only get them the one time, so it's generally best to save them for when you really need them.
Yeah it's an hour. However, the Pii Dungeons you get as rewards last for 24 hours until cleared so you can enter and leave over and over until the color you want shows up.

I still have a bunch of mine saved for if I REALLY need a weekday drop on the day after or plan on devoting every minute and possibly some stones to farming it, like with Star Den, Tamadras, or Tans.

I would advise everyone who's new to hold off on running them until you have a good chunk of stamina (prolly 200+) to use on them for more value on stone refills and a friend or alt account to run with so they are half stamina. I spent an entire hour farming my Tan dungeon with my alt and it cost some stones to refill but now I have King Tans for DAYS. I have yet to run my Star Den one and I'm up to 280ish stam now. Lots of pluses will be flowing when I finally dive into that one.

W-00

Hinomitsuha GET! I think this is the first time I've gotten one of the alternate drops.

Hino is a good poverty DAthena sub, right? I hope so; that's why I dedicated so much stamina to farming her today and the last time she came around. She'll just be a box cheerleader on my main, but my alt is in need dire of good DAthena subs...

Top Bottom