• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I've still got my BF if anyone wants to make a triangle. I'm semi on a break until something makes me want to get serious again (DAthena). I've got Myr, RaDra, Gremory, Minerva, and Meri are my most used leads but I can put up whatever anyone needs.

W-00

I'm still up for one. I've got Yamamoto in slot 1, Myr (A. Thor) in BF slot, and Meri is my most used lead these days. Those are basically my best leads, but I've also got Panda, Ryune, and Sarasvati is anyone would prefer one of those. I'll also almost certainly be getting DAthena around the time she comes out (I might not have quite enough MP to get her immediately).

Aesnath

I'm on R. Minerva, Gremory, Meri, sometimes DD Cecil, and possibly Anubis or R. Ra in the future. I'm not sure about D. Athena yet, as I don't many of her ideal subs. Secretmoblin mentioned his leads last page.

For myself, I'm pretty open to what everyone brings to the table. I know Yamamoto combines relatively well with Minerva, and I have Myr, but just haven't done much with her outside of skilling her up.

I've still got my BF if anyone wants to make a triangle. I'm semi on a break until something makes me want to get serious again (DAthena). I've got Myr, RaDra, Gremory, Minerva, and Meri are my most used leads but I can put up whatever anyone needs.

Please don't leave. I use your subs a lot!.

I'm on R. Minerva, Gremory, Meri, sometimes DD Cecil, and possibly Anubis or R. Ra in the future. I'm not sure about D. Athena yet, as I don't many of her ideal subs. Secretmoblin mentioned his leads last page.

For myself, I'm pretty open to what everyone brings to the table. I know Yamamoto combines relatively well with Minerva, and I have Myr, but just haven't done much with her outside of skilling her up.

Please don't leave. I use your subs a lot!.

Haha, don't worry I won't. I sign in everyday and do any gift dungeons or special events. Occasionally I'll speed run A1 if I'm bored at work. Just don't have any pressing motivation outside of planning for DAthena. Busy at work and buying a house, so I'll probably play more seriously when things calm down in a month or two.

Also if you ever need a specific lead feel free to shoot me a message. I've got a lot of BFs but none that really need anything specific that I'd keep up for them.

I tried doing level 9 coop with my Krishna teams but didn't have enough heart makers to deal with the multiple gravities. Decided to try with my alt's recently finished Myr team and did it first try haha.

Bladelaw

I tried doing level 9 coop with my Krishna teams but didn't have enough heart makers to deal with the multiple gravities. Decided to try with my alt's recently finished Myr team and did it first try haha.

Nice!
My strategy involved a shitload of HP, delays, a full heal and a silly amount of damage. Delays on Folklore and Haku, board change heal after gravity, full heal as a last resort, then stall out the damage absorb and crush Haku.

The challenge set this time was pretty fun to clear. I don't know what I'll put my alt through C10 though. It was an interesting challenge solo and I don't want to burn the stamina on my alt when there's farming to do.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I would always pick a GAF bff over a rando.

Did both levels of Nordis this morning and snatched all them Myr evo mats. I dunno why I've been putting off all all these purple banner dungeons thinking they'd be too hard or full of cheap mechanics, they are cake.

Did both levels of Nordis this morning and snatched all them Myr evo mats. I dunno why I've been putting off all all these purple banner dungeons thinking they'd be too hard or full of cheap mechanics, they are cake.
Haha, same here. I think I actually did A1 before clearing Z8. As long as you have a predra answer you're golden and with some leads you can just burst over 10mil.

Bladelaw

Powercreep has kinda defanged them a bit. Having access to inheritance alone has trivialized most of the nastier things they could do (skill delay, element or type specific binds, now even damage absorbs and combo shields) so getting them as materials is significantly easier.

Watching that Revo Kushi is nuts. The killer latents are the only bit I'm missing from putting that team together (and about 48 million XP...). I don't have the combo skill to consistently hit 7 combos without additional time extends so I'd probably slap Yomidragon and Revo Yomi on there for insurance, a bonus is that it becomes an all attribute team lol

If I have stam to burn I always do the non-Volsung rogues. Lots of essentially free MP, plus eggs, and king dragons, and some cute rank EXP to boot. Probably more value for your stamina than A1 if you're not hurting for Piis.

Aesnath

I still have mine. I have ra dra in slot 1 and Yamamoto in slot 2, myr in 3 but will probably move her out.

Since you replied directly, are you interested in a triangle? I could BF you, you BF moblin, moblin BF me?

I don't have ra dragon, but I would use yamamoto from time to time.

My ID is 335,413,460 username Aesnath. I'm not 100% sure who I'm friends with from Neogaf already, as people's usernames seem to differ significantly.

We probably need to get on it if they are possibly updating tomorrow.

Bladelaw

Since you replied directly, are you interested in a triangle? I could BF you, you BF moblin, moblin BF me?

I don't have ra dragon, but I would use yamamoto from time to time.

My ID is 335,413,460 username Aesnath. I'm not 100% sure who I'm friends with from Neogaf already, as people's usernames seem to differ significantly.

We probably need to get on it if they are possibly updating tomorrow.

There is a google doc with some probably outdated info in the OP. I have my info in I think (can't check from work).

Aesnath

There is a google doc with some probably outdated info in the OP. I have my info in I think (can't check from work).

I'm actually already friends with you. I'd be onboard with a triangle with you and secretmoblin as well.

Jody77 seemed interested, but I'm pretty flexible.

We just need to confirm that is what we will do so that we make the BF selections.

I accepted your friend request secretmoblin.

W-00

I was going to save my BFF triangle for some people who are going to be using Dath/Aizen. Anyone fit this description here?

My main has a nearly perfect DAthena team, so it basically has to get her (though even after the last MP gift I'll still have some MP farming to do).

b33r

I don't have a before reset bf, but after I'd be willing to triangle. I would want an Aizen first and foremost, as he is my main and I have no bfs with him. I also have been using super Yomi Dragon, Myr, and Anaphon here and there. I will use super Shiva Dragon a bit for speed farming when I get around to making him.

But yeah, mainly want an Aizen bf.

I may buy dathena if I get to that much mp before anything new is announced, but that's a strong maybe.

Bladelaw

I'm actually already friends with you. I'd be onboard with a triangle with you and secretmoblin as well.

We just need to confirm that is what we will do so that we make the BF selections.

You, Jody and moblin is fine. I was just pointing out we have a resource to clear up username confusion.

b33r

I'd guess carat. That's super impressive.
Edit: b33r, I'll bff you. I'll be running those leads and Aizen is in my bff slot. Dzy did me a solid so I'll have a Kenshin up when I need it.

Nice, we just need a third Aizen friend then.
Or at least a super Yomi Dragon player.

raiot

I can be the bff after upcoming reset.
I already bff'd Bladelaw.
I mostly play Aizen, Yomidragon, Shivadragon, R.Minerva cheese. But I also have most of the other Meta Leaders...

Adeptrain

Nice, we just need a third Aizen friend then.
Or at least a super Yomi Dragon player.

Oh! I'd love to join you two! I'm mainly an Aizen player and have been working hard to fully max him. He's fully maxed with an awoken orochi inheret I need to reincarnate in the near future for better stats. If nothing else, I could use more Aizen friends :)

ID: 347,494,219

raiot

I think its ok, we get this info BEFORE we spent our 750k MP for Athena.
We now can wait and see what this MP store revolution means before we cash in.

Adeptrain

So, now that I've been play for a while and finally broke rank 250, I'm once again looking for help in developing my teams :) Specifically, I want to start playing around with assists! My main team is an Aizen team, but other then Aizen (who has awoken orochi assisting) I'm not sure about what to add for assists. Any help would be really appreciated.

Also, I'd like to start working on other teams, like maybe a Ra Dragon team or Krishna team...any suggestions based on my box?

Thx!

https://www.padherder.com/user/adep...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Ducarmel

I probably would of bought DAthena anyday now on my jp account if this news didnt drop. I wonder if they are doing this because a good portion of pad players are not getting access to mp cards.

Negator

I'm not quite sure what their endgame is with this move. Are they trying to devalue monster points? Are they trying to make MP monsters more accessible?

Both problems can be solved by lowering the MP cost. Are they going to introduce a brand new wave of powercreeped MP monsters and make the old ones super easy to acquire?

raiot

This may be another move...
Last time they announced that they are toying with the idea to release certain REM cards as dungeon drops. Specifically, dungeons you could buy using stones!

Maybe you can just buy a Shivadragon dungeon for some amount of stones?

J0dy77

I'm in, just let me know who to send to. Have to make sure I'm friends with everyone.

391, 130,292... send me invites.

b33r

Oh! I'd love to join you two! I'm mainly an Aizen player and have been working hard to fully max him. He's fully maxed with an awoken orochi inheret I need to reincarnate in the near future for better stats. If nothing else, I could use more Aizen friends :)

ID: 347,494,219

Bladelaw already bf me, so once resets happen you can bf him and I can bf you for the triangle.

Aesnath

I'm in, just let me know who to send to. Have to make sure I'm friends with everyone.

391, 130,292... send me invites.

Groovy, I just sent you a friend request.

We could do it a few different ways, but we just need to agree. I could BF moblin, he could BF you, you BF me?

What do you think Moblin?

EDIT:

Also, about the evos--I may be wrong but the heartcross heroes sound pretty good, depending on their shield

And I think Ruel and Rozuel might be solid, if they have the subs (I haven't looked yet).

Bladelaw

Awoken heroes confuse me. I'm excited Shiva gets another sub to play with though. I'm kinda over the heart cross meta. That said depending on how strong the shield is you're looking at an 81x multiplier with some decent bulk behind hit. Also a level of damage control that can be useful. Wukong becoming unbindable is crazy. I'm curious how many orbs it takes to top out his damage. Dragons have high base HP and Indra is an obvious sub so he doesn't need an HP multiplier as badly (though it would have been nice). Now that the heroes all clean out junk orbs you can potentially free up a board change slot too.

I'd probably only try and lead with Wukong. I have heart cross leads for the rest of the colors (except fire).

Angel 2's on paper look really strong.
Lumiel needs a bit of work to hit ~76x damage and is probably the weakest evo here, it does kind of open up her sub pool though. No HP multiplier hurts but at least you can bring some orb changers to fix things. If I want to play dark rainbow I think I'd rather play Sephiroth though.

Ruel looks like the best of the three. There's plenty of strong green attackers (Kaede, Revo meimei...) and her active guarantees minimum activation (something Dathena lacks). Zuoh inherits or Gronia boards bring a lot of extra damage potential. I'm glad I saved her.

Rozuel looks weaker than Ruel, there aren't as many synergistic subs, Revo Leilan is still rows so you don't get the same effect Dath gets with Revo Haku. There's not a lot of physical subs who make fire and wood and Roz's active doesn't help much. I'd expect a lot of verdandi inherits or just making due with leilan's board and bank off the 7c awakenings.

EDIT: AWOKEN PERSEUS GETS MACHINE TYPE. Mathena gets a new best friend!

I'm conflicted about the MP cards being available as drops. They're currently technically farmable anyway, and I don't like the idea of going down the path of dropping stones for a difficult dungeon -- the stamina cost is already a hefty penalty for anyone wanting to chance a brutal dungeon. Then again, I spent 2 stones total in the quest for Myr, and it was obviously worth it.

I suppose it's nice for NIAP people who would rather obtain these cards by playing the actual game than mindlessly farming MP forever, but it opens some potentially troublesome doors regarding future MP cards and power creep...

I'm purchasing D.Athena regardless
if she actually gets released
. I have a great team, all my tamas and +297 mules are ready to go, and I know a huge chunk of my friends list will have her up and running day 1.

Would be interesting to have certain gods available as MP purchases, though.

Groovy, I just sent you a friend request.

We could do it a few different ways, but we just need to agree. I could BF moblin, he could BF you, you BF me?

What do you think Moblin?

I'm fine with whatever, just let me know who to BF and I'll take care of it tomorrow morning! I already have J0dy friended.

Aesnath

Well, I have a Ruel, but I'm not sure I have a good team to support her. Really the only solid sub I have for her is Kaede; I suppose I could make a row team with Awoken Perseus and, like, 2 attacker grodins, but seems kinda cheesy and wouldn't give me many dark/wood makers. I guess I could inherit a bunch of board changers (Zuoh, Gronia, Karin), but that seems inefficient. Also, my offensive awakenings will be all over the place. On the other hand, it is a lot of unbindable cards and plenty of SBR.

I'm conflicted about the MP cards being available as drops. They're currently technically farmable anyway, and I don't like the idea of going down the path of dropping stones for a difficult dungeon -- the stamina cost is already a hefty penalty for anyone wanting to chance a brutal dungeon. Then again, I spent 2 stones total in the quest for Myr, and it was obviously worth it.

I suppose it's nice for NIAP people who would rather obtain these cards by playing the actual game than mindlessly farming MP forever, but it opens some potentially troublesome doors regarding future MP cards and power creep...

I'm purchasing D.Athena regardless
if she actually gets released
. I have a great team, all my tamas and +297 mules are ready to go, and I know a huge chunk of my friends list will have her up and running day 1.

Would be interesting to have certain gods available as MP purchases, though.

I think all of the doomsaying is a bit premature. I think they could go a few different roads with the current MP offerings and everything will still be OK. Certainly if they become more akin to regular farmables, it will be an issue, but there was some suggestion of REM like drops in dungeons you have to pay stones to enter. Depending on how it is implemented, that could be OK.

Either way, the option to either buy outright or buy/win/gamble for them gives us other choices.

As for the powercreep thing, I think that is largely inevitable; it is how they keep people engaged with new content. I am hopeful that it does not mean exponentially scaling MP costs, but I think we will be seeing more options in the 500k-750k range, especially if it is in the top of the meta.

I'm fine with whatever, just let me know who to BF and I'll take care of it tomorrow morning! I already have J0dy friended.

But what if the reset happens tonight?

Either way, if Jody77 confirms, we'll go with the sequence I suggested

Aesnath

Oh, I was under the impression that the reset was happening tonight and that we were going to do a triangle after the reset... my bad -_-

Oh, well it doesn't matter too much to me, I have a BF to give before the reset, I don't care if the triangle gets completed after the reset, as long as Jody77 is OK with it.

Top Bottom