• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Well, I have a Ruel, but I'm not sure I have a good team to support her. Really the only solid sub I have for her is Kaede; I suppose I could make a row team with Awoken Perseus and, like, 2 attacker grodins, but seems kinda cheesy and wouldn't give me many dark/wood makers. I guess I could inherit a bunch of board changers (Zuoh, Gronia, Karin), but that seems inefficient. Also, my offensive awakenings will be all over the place. On the other hand, it is a lot of unbindable cards and plenty of SBR.

I think you'd be surprised by how many useful Wood Attackers there are. I know I was. I'd focus on a TPA heavy team. Keep in mind Ruel's 5 cooldown active gives her enough to activate. This means haste stacking can be super beneficial in dealing consistent damage.
Kaede, Vishnu, Revo MeiMei, Awoken Perseus (He's TPA focused, makes darks out of poison/jammers).

The thing Ruel misses vs Dathena is a delay. Green's delay options aren't great. Xmas Alraune, Woodbahn, and Wee Jas are all that come to mind (let me know if there's more).

I think we'll see a similar "optimal" team for Ruel like Dathena, minus the 3k2 spot since Ma Chao removes dark.

Probably something like
Ruel (Delay)
Revo MeiMei (Shield)
Revo MeiMei (Facet)
Revo MeiMei (Fujin-like)
Awoken Perseus (Armored Batman/Zuoh/Romia/Lumiel)
Ruel (Shield)

Lots of 7c awakenings, Hastes on all base actives but Ruel, Inherits to cover Arena threats. Revo MeiMei can be replaced by Vishnu/Kaede since Perseus should always be able to clean the board.

Bladelaw

Anyone regularly run a hyper Super Yomi Dragon? I need to BF someone that keeps one up, before the maintenance starts.

I use her when I'm not running Aizen for serious content to change it up. If you don't find someone before reset. I keep Awoken Pandora on her for now but that'll like change if/when Dathena gets here.

edit: meant to add this to the previous post.

J0dy77

Groovy, I just sent you a friend request.

We could do it a few different ways, but we just need to agree. I could BF moblin, he could BF you, you BF me?

What do you think Moblin?

EDIT:

Also, about the evos--I may be wrong but the heartcross heroes sound pretty good, depending on their shield

And I think Ruel and Rozuel might be solid, if they have the subs (I haven't looked yet).

Added. I can BF you... Moblin you still in or should we find another?

I won't have a BF slot open until after the reset, so I'll have to pass for the time being.

Definitely open to spreading the pal points and mutual leaders love around once that happens, though.

W-00

I was really hoping we'd have a month-end Godfest (we normally have those, don't we?) before the Midnight Gala ends, but it doesn't look like that's happening. Wait, UTC... Is it ending tomorrow or is today the last day? Hm... I may have to make a YOLO roll on my alt (EDIT: Ouch. It was a gold egg, so I was excited, but then it was an evolved fruit dragon. Oh well, 3K MP). There's no way to know what the next gala will be, is there?

Also, my main still has Yamamoto/Myr/Meri available to triangle, if anyone is interested. If not, I'm okay with burning my BF on anyone who generally keeps a strong fire row lead or Sarasvati available.

b33r

Anyone regularly run a hyper Super Yomi Dragon? I need to BF someone that keeps one up, before the maintenance starts.

I can move mine into slot 2 if you need, Anaphon is there now and I don't use her much.

Edit: I moved her to slot 2, makes more sense in this meta anyways.

I'll make a note of that!

Hopefully it's tonight.

If anyone needs specific leads up or inherit combos etc. just let me know -- right now the only hypered leads I have are Myr, Ronove, Ilm, and Minerva, but I have a huge set of potential inherits (including many gemstone girls, excluding indra and fujin) and hypered D.Athena will be slot 1 if/when she arrives.

Jagernaut

I can move mine into slot 2 if you need, Anaphon is there now and I don't use her much.

Edit: I moved her to slot 2, makes more sense in this meta anyways.

Thanks, I used my pre reset BF on you. Nice to have a Super Yomi Dragon I can use any time.

Cleared C8-C10 with ALB in co-op, did the rest solo.

b33r

Thanks, I used my pre reset BF on you. Nice to have a Super Yomi Dragon I can use any time.

Cleared C8-C10 with ALB in co-op, did the rest solo.

Cool, bladelaw and another Aizen bf me, so a super Yomi Dragon bf is great since I don't have any. I'll leave her in slot 2 until at least she's out of the meta. But she is really good at this point. Will be awhile until an unbindable speed farmer with easy 81x is out, at least I hope lol.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've come so far in a week but it feels like I still have so much to do.

lkoKkzx.png
gD14AtF.png

Really not looking forward to skilling up Myr, and all my Myr subs on both accounts. I've found that tans have not really made that big a logistical difference in skilling up. You don't have to wait for skill up events, you just need to wait for tan guerrillas, and then spend dozens of box spaces on kings and tans while you wait for skill up rotations. Basically the same crap.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've come so far in a week but it feels like I still have so much to do.

Really not looking forward to skilling up Myr, and all my Myr subs on both accounts. I've found that tans have not really made that big a logistical difference in skilling up. You don't have to wait for skill up events, you just need to wait for tan guerrillas, and then spend dozens of box spaces on kings and tans while you wait for skill up rotations. Basically the same crap.

What is this program?

What is this program?

https://www.padherder.com/

It's a free resource to manage your box. It's useful if you're looking for teambuilding help/suggestions as you have something to share with others rather than having to screenshot your entire box. There are ways to automatically sync it with your game through apps/computer programs, but it takes a bit of work to set up.

I have to go through a bunch of steps to sync and so I only do so every now and then, but it's been a godsend when trying to consolidate box space or quickly check if I have a specific card (I prefer Ctrl+F and a mouse/keyboard interface to digging through my Monster Box on my smartphone screen).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Manually updating padherder for both of my accounts is a big part of the reason this game feels like a job.

W-00

EU finally announced the GF. Friday and Saturday, one pantheon each day. Egyptian 2 on day 1 and Wisdom Kings on day 2. We'll see what the Gala is, but it looks like my stones are safe this time.

Yeah I'm not really jonesing for anything from the pantheons this time around so it's an easy pass.

Manually updating padherder for both of my accounts is a big part of the reason this game feels like a job.

If I hadn't discovered that weird Android workaround for PadListener this game would be loads more obnoxious, definitely. Box management is so incredibly terrible, and tbh I don't think folders will fix it. But the Myr process with PadHerder was wayyyyyy smoother than looking at my cell phone screen, up at PADx, back and forth to manually see what I had/needed. I would have gone crazy.

The dream would be syncing the box to an online database and organizing stuff from a web browser through drag-and-drop :(

LiQuid!

Oh man, I didn't even know there was a folder system coming. You guys let me bitch about wanting more sorting options and didn't even tell me!

I don't know if it will be a perfect solution but it sounds pretty close to exactly what I wanted. Evo/Enhance stuff in separate tabs plus custom folders I can stick all my skill up mats in one and all the monsters I'm actively trying to level up in another. This sounds great!

Selner

Does PAD Listener still work on Android? All the reviews say it doesn't.

If there's a with around, could I get a link?

And godfest this weekend? Woo!

Quantum

So many changes, am r confused.

I like Lmetas' split ult, and Dmetas' - trying to think of teams.

some of these new changes have me seriously reconsidering D.Athena

raiot

Oh man, I didn't even know there was a folder system coming. You guys let me bitch about wanting more sorting options and didn't even tell me!

Bah, you tricked me into believing this is actually in 10.0!! :) I was just logging in and then was disappointed to not find my precious folders :D

Bladelaw

New patch is out. I had an outside hope that we'd get PADR (I know). The fast combo thing is a game changer. I love the QOL fixes, now just bring me my RHaku.

New ult announcements are out.
LMeta is a light cross lead with SBR now and guard break. She loses a bunch of RCV for it but the SBR means she might have a home on teams needing her bind clear.

I'm having trouble getting excited by these. Nepthys is probably the only one I'm really looking forward too. Durga possibly too. The HP buff is definitely useful and the change from a suicide spike to a 50% spike is a big deal. RLiu Bei gets stronger but I don't see him clearing much he wasn't already doing. Awoken Belial isn't super interesting, similar to the other awoken Archdemons he gets trash clear added to his active, He becomes a versatile placeholder sub with 2 TPA, 2 Rows, and 2 SB but becomes bindable in the exchange losing a valued Archdemon niche. I don't have Dmeta but on paper it looks like she's a competitive lead again focusing more on trading blows than staying in the HP butter zone.

RHaku suddenly becomes the most important sub in the game for almost every meta dark lead (and more than a few non-dark leads).

I'm glad I have dupes of most of these so I can play around with these evos at least.

J0dy77

I'll make a note of that!

Hopefully it's tonight.

If anyone needs specific leads up or inherit combos etc. just let me know -- right now the only hypered leads I have are Myr, Ronove, Ilm, and Minerva, but I have a huge set of potential inherits (including many gemstone girls, excluding indra and fujin) and hypered D.Athena will be slot 1 if/when she arrives.

Got Aesenath's BF. We friends already moblin? Add me or let me know your ID. 391,130,292. I'll send you my BF.

Does PAD Listener still work on Android? All the reviews say it doesn't.

If there's a with around, could I get a link?

And godfest this weekend? Woo!

The one in the Google Play store doesn't work, but the .apk linked at this site does.

And it still works for me with the update! I just tested it.

It still doesn't work "automatically", as in being able to go into the app, turn on the switch, start PAD, and everything will sync. I have to go into the manual mode, change the Wifi's proxy information, go back into PAD to capture the data, go back into PadListener to reset my wifi settings, then sync to PadHerder through the app. It's not especially difficult after you do it a few times but it is obnoxious enough that I only do it when I feel like I need to.

Got Aesenath's BF. We friends already moblin? Add me or let me know your ID. 391,130,292. I'll send you my BF.
Yeah I can BF you (or him) once that reset happens... It doesn't look like it did last night :(

Aesnath

So, like the new round of evos are a bit disappointing. I feel like the reveals yesterday were generally better overall; kinda sad.

This godfest is a bit lame as well. I'll probably roll a few times on day 2, as I wouldn't mind a Kundali, but it will be 3-4 rolls at most.

Also, anyone know when Anubis is likely to get his buff? I seem to remember it being shortly after the hathor reveal, but I'm not sure.

Bladelaw

Anyone planning on rolling in this GF (assuming EU and ours will be the same)?

Day 1: Egypt 2
GFE exclusions: Steel Star, Demons (Ronove and co), Norns

Day 2: Wisdom Kings
GFE exclusions: Sonias, JP Callers, Odins

4x GFE rates both days

Not sure on the Gala and the +'s offered are only +10 to one stat.

I kinda want to roll day one as 4/6 GFE's I'm missing are available that day and I could use Hathor, Osiris, or Nepthys.

So, like the new round of evos are a bit disappointing. I feel like the reveals yesterday were generally better overall; kinda sad.

This godfest is a bit lame as well. I'll probably roll a few times on day 2, as I wouldn't mind a Kundali, but it will be 3-4 rolls at most.

Also, anyone know when Anubis is likely to get his buff. I seem to remember it being shortly after the hathor reveal, but I'm not sure.

Anubis should be getting his RCV in the next update IIRC.

Kwhit10

After update every monster is lit up to be evolved whether it's evolve or devolve. Even when I don't have mats the monster is lit up. It was nicer before when only when I had mats they were lit.

Bladelaw

After update every monster is lit up to be evolved whether it's evolve or devolve. Even when I don't have mats the monster is lit up. It was nicer before when only when I had mats they were lit.

Agreed, but it's part one of a two part update to make it easier. For now if you see an orange glowing ^ arrow you can evolve it. The second part of the update will come once we get folders. That will make it a hell of a lot easier to sort through hopefully.

My biggest complaint is the change of the default "Fav" sort. For now I've been using the following custom sort: Fav-->ATT-->Rarity-->+ to mimic the old behavior.

Aesnath

Anyone planning on rolling in this GF (assuming EU and ours will be the same)?

Day 1: Egypt 2
GFE exclusions: Steel Star, Demons (Ronove and co), Norns

Day 2: Wisdom Kings
GFE exclusions: Sonias, JP Callers, Odins

4x GFE rates both days

Not sure on the Gala and the +'s offered are only +10 to one stat.

I kinda want to roll day one as 4/6 GFE's I'm missing are available that day and I could use Hathor, Osiris, or Nepthys.

Anubis should be getting his RCV in the next update IIRC.

Does Anubis get his combo scaling lowered to 8 at the same time or did that happen with a different update?

LiQuid!

This update fucked the evo menu up so it lights up monsters that can be de-evo'd again. Was this intentional? I hate this.

LiQuid!

Everything that got fucked up with the monster box UI is getting reverted in the next patch don't worry

Which is happening when?

I hate my life.

edit: I see there is a sorting option to only show evolvable monsters. This is a small comfort at least.

LiQuid!

ROFL monsters are lit up regardless of whether or not you have the mats for them! This has to be a fucking joke...

jiggle

Thanks to the jpn version warning
I rushed to evo my boxes so i dont have to witness this monstrosity

Revo liubei is kinda disappointing
Though i cant imagine what they couldve change to make me excited
Durga i like. Extra finger means i would use her with Dathena
But ew i dont want to farm Hanuman

W-00

Durga i like. Extra finger means i would use her with Dathena
But ew i dont want to farm Hanuman

A. Durga loses an SBR, so you'd have to have another double-SBR sub on the team. Also her min-cooldown is two turns longer, so she isn't as easy to inherit over. Though I can see how she might be preferable in some situations.

Glad I have two of her, so I don't have to choose. But Hanuman is one of her mats? Ugh, I just made one, but it's max-skilled. Guess I'll have to make another.

So we didn't actually get the resets on NA after all?

Not yet, Hopefully soon.

Aesnath

So we didn't actually get the resets on NA after all?

Excited for the Dmeta split even if I have to boot Satsuki off the team. Revo Haku future, ahoy!

We are certainly getting them--it was on the stream last week. They were never really concrete about when, however. I think many (myself included) were concerned that it might coincide with the update and that they would not announce the resets until just before the update occurred--NA and EU have been doing a lot of waiting until the last minute for everything.

At this point, I'd bet the resets won't happen until the next event, so the earliest would be next week, or, more likely, the end of next week.

LiQuid!

Last time we knew about resets it still took them like 3 months to release them to NA. If you were expecting them the same week as the stream they were announced on you need a reality check.

b33r

Just spent a lot of stamina and mats to devolve my d/r Haku and then awaken her. Used my last +297 mule on her and max skilled. Started leveling all my snow globes. Ready to Revo both my Hakus, hope we get that soon.

Bladelaw

Just spent a lot of stamina and mats to devolve my d/r Haku and then awaken her. Used my last +297 mule on her and max skilled. Started leveling all my snow globes. Ready to Revo both my Hakus, how we get that soon.

Right there with you. I'm keeping one at D/R killer variant just in case but the other two are awoken and hypered. I'm woefully lacking in globes though

Aesnath

Another question: Does 3K2 have skill-up materials in JP? Or am I really going to have to Py these stupid diochans?

Last time we knew about resets it still took them like 3 months to release them to NA. If you were expecting them the same week as the stream they were announced on you need a reality check.

Yeah, but I thought they hadn't announced it anywhere in the NA/EU last time; we just knew about it from JP. When they did finally say something about resets, I don't think it was that long. I sort of thought that it was coming pretty soon, since it was announced in the stream.

Top Bottom