• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bought some stones and rolled, I know it's not the best Godfest, but I decided to do it anyways and give them 23$

Got a few cards I need some insight on.

Barbossa
Goddess of Secrets Kali
Kano
Nut
Udine
Sumire
GreenDragonBound Syline

Any gems, for example, I never seen Syline or Barbossa mentioned on the PAD or Mantastics
Kali seems like a good card though

Bladelaw

Bought some stones and rolled, I know it's not the best Godfest, but I decided to do it anyways and give them 23$

Got a few cards I need some insight on.

Barbossa
Goddess of Secrets Kali
Kano
Nut
Udine
Sumire
GreenDragonBound Syline

Any gems, for example, I never seen Syline or Barbossa mentioned on the PAD or Mantastics
Kali seems like a good card though

Sylvie is a strong board change for a lot of teams (Myr, Kaede, Astaroth, Awoken Apollo, etc). Until she gets an ult that's probably the best you can hope for from her for now. I'd still keep her because 6*'s don't drop all that often.

Barbarossa I feel is super underestimated. Prongs, Delay, blue orb generation in a 9 turn active and great stats. My alt has him in a TPA based Sarasvati team (no andromeda on that account) along with Awoken Sun Quan, Scheat, and Isis.

Nut just got a new ult that might be useful if you have a home for her. Her active is good and provides a good inherit base with a low cooldown active and the 7 combo awakening. You can lead with her in that form too but there's a lot of stronger water leads.

Kali has kind of fallen out of favor. She's still useful no doubt, especially on Hathor, Reincarnated Ra, Sephiroth, and Yuna (I think) but the lack of heart making Dkali has keeps her from seeing more use on full rainbow leads.

Kano and Undine aren't great. Undine is possibly useful for a cheese team vs Heph dragon maybe? It's the only immediate use that comes to mind. Kano is pretty close to straight up trash. She's a super budget bind clear sub at best.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
YOLO! Fourth Ronove on my main! Just what I always wanted!

edit: just did another YOLO roll on my alt and got a Carat! First jewel princess on that account, and a good one! Will probably not be able to resist one last roll on the main too. Stay tuned for an update.

the gemstone princesses are hilariously broken, I wouldn't have been able to do A1 without Carat (well, maybe).

Kwhit10

Lack luster godfest but I pulled a dupe Balboa so that's going to see some use. Arena farming is a hell of a thing right now. I'm going to keep running it until something interesting to do pops up. Aizen is a boring clear but it's quick and consistent so I really can't complain. Fujin on Halloween Izanami really speeds up the whole run.

I've been running A1 a lot too since I have nothing interesting to do. It's so simple with RaDra, even if I get sopdet an Indra inherit can tank one hit incase I mess up and orochi on Isis incase I mess up twice.

I yolo'd today and got blue wisdom king. Great for running awoken UY.

b33r

I pulled four times today going for something I didn't have. Trash silver, sold. Dark Dragon swordsman, good inherit. U&Y new, Paimon new.

not to bad.

W-00

Kano is pretty close to straight up trash. She's a super budget bind clear sub at best.

She's a decent RCV stick for a Ruel team, at least. I'd keep her.

EDIT: My thought process today:

Hey, it's been a while since I've used a Coinstar - how much change do I have saved up? Almost $30? I should turn that into an Amazon gift card so I can use it on my alt (which is on a Kindle).

Well, actually I should probably save those rolls for a better Godfest, but I don't feel like it. Here goes!

Andromeda! Woohoo!
Andromeda! She's getting an Awoken, so still woohoo!
Fuu. At least I didn't have her before.
Beast Rider. Well, he's good on a Hermes/Sun Quan team at least. Pity my alt doesn't have either of those.
Diamond egg: Sylive! Neat! My alt was wanting her! Now if only I could remember why. I'm sure it has an actual use for her somewhere...
Ronove. I already had one, but at least he's a good inherit for himself. And since he's an SDR shield, I don't even have to skill him up.

Only two genuine troll rolls (Chrono Turtle and Fuu) over the two days and quite a few useful ones. This was a bad Godfest in terms of pantheons, but a good one for my alt's box.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sylvie is a strong board change for a lot of teams (Myr, Kaede, Astaroth, Awoken Apollo, etc). Until she gets an ult that's probably the best you can hope for from her for now. I'd still keep her because 6*'s don't drop all that often.

Barbarossa I feel is super underestimated. Prongs, Delay, blue orb generation in a 9 turn active and great stats. My alt has him in a TPA based Sarasvati team (no andromeda on that account) along with Awoken Sun Quan, Scheat, and Isis.

Nut just got a new ult that might be useful if you have a home for her. Her active is good and provides a good inherit base with a low cooldown active and the 7 combo awakening. You can lead with her in that form too but there's a lot of stronger water leads.

Kali has kind of fallen out of favor. She's still useful no doubt, especially on Hathor, Reincarnated Ra, Sephiroth, and Yuna (I think) but the lack of heart making Dkali has keeps her from seeing more use on full rainbow leads.

Kano and Undine aren't great. Undine is possibly useful for a cheese team vs Heph dragon maybe? It's the only immediate use that comes to mind. Kano is pretty close to straight up trash. She's a super budget bind clear sub at best.

So just sell off Kano, keep the rest?

W-00

So just sell off Kano, keep the rest?

If you only have one of her, don't even sell off Kano. She's a green attacker with high recovery, which could earn her a slot in a Ruel team (which typically have pretty low recovery). And if you get a Ruel, you'll want to make a Ruel team once her new ult comes over. She's supposed to be very good.

Plus, once Kano gets her buff she'll be an unbindable hard and soft bind clear.

jiggle

A mediocre card today can become avalon drake tomorrow
I mean, who`d expect Haku dupes to become the best waifu
Always a good idea to keep at least 1 of everything imo
Although im close to giving up on chrono turtle and gamble mage lolol

W-00

Finally, C10 clear!

Since I don't have a gemstone to let me shoot through the barrier, I inherited Hades onto my main's Meri and stalled like hell on Sakuya to get him ready to go. I didn't manage to one-shot Tengu, or even bring him below 50% on my first shot, so he bound my team and I was really worried for a moment, but using Water Dragon Knight on my alt's Wetatron and passing to use the Andromeda on my main's Wetatron (thus making orbs for a soft bind-clear), saved the day there. I forgot that using Hades on Orochi would cause him to lock everything but heal orbs, but fortunately the Meri I had inherited on my main's Summurd was ready, so that produced enough water orbs to finish him off.

b33r

Yolo rolled on the JP godfest and got that new light blob version off Aizen. Do not have a good light box but am happy about the pull.

Only rolled on my alt because my main doesn't need more Acalas.

1. Fujin!!!

...but then

2. Unicorn Rider
3. Blue Cyberdrag
4. Undine
5. Griffin Rider
6. Beast Rider

I ain't even mad.

Bladelaw

Spent today leveling up and getting 3 awoken Haku and an awoken MeiMei up and running. I have a lot of monsters I need to get tamas for now. I'm probably going to run through my whole hour of tamas lol.

W-00

Today was my main's 500 day of consecutive logins, so +10 stones. I'm glad I didn't get them yesterday, because I would have been tempted to spend them in the GF. Sure, my alt did quite well for itself, but I have the feeling that my main is better served by waiting for another Godfest. One that isn't during a Gala of Tides. It already has two Andromedas (both in use and appreciated) and three Sarasvati, after all.

On a related note, I finished skilling up the last of my Sarasvati today. I don't have them Tama'd, but neither of my accounts has recovered from the Tama devastation unleashed by the Heroines. I missed my main's Tamadra hour because I had to be out at the time, but fortunately my alt's hour is late, so I'll be able to farm some then.

b33r

Spent today leveling up and getting 3 awoken Haku and an awoken MeiMei up and running. I have a lot of monsters I need to get tamas for now. I'm probably going to run through my whole hour of tamas lol.

I feel bad that I have had Meimei for a long time sitting in my box. My green box is solid, but I don't use it. I'm the one player that doesn't have awoken Liu Bei...

Bladelaw

What a surprise Kushi up there in the tier list with DAthena.

I mean it's easy to see why but man I just lack the skill for high combo leads. I tried playing Revo Anubis in endless just to see how well I could combo (even stacking a shitload of TE awakenings) and I could consistently hit 7 combos but beyond that I was reaching and praying or relying on Khepri to put me over the damage hump. I'll make Kushi because even if I can't use her as a lead she's a strong sub and it'd be fun to play as a lead to hopefully get better but I'm not in a hurry since Dathena, Ruel, and Artemis are all more forgiving leads.

Negator

I won't be able to make the 3x haku and blue valk team, but I can make a poverty 2x haku, G Valk, and Kaede team instead.

Unlike Dath, at least I know Kushinada will come eventually huehuehuehue

J0dy77

What a surprise Kushi up there in the tier list with DAthena.

I don't have the ideal team but do have 2x Haku, really looking forward to trying her. Being able to put out ridiculous damage without having to worry about skyfall helps so much. Huge HP pull and her damage reduction active.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the last couple of slots on my team. Have to figure that out. Might focus on wood with Scholar Athena and give her a solid inherit.

Aesnath

Well, it was a pretty good weekend. I beat all of the challenge dungeons, thanks, in part, to a not unreasonable C10 this time around.

Rolled on day 2, just stones laying around, no purchases:

1. Earth dragon swordsman (Ugh, not even water gala--really seems much worse than other colors with Ras being around now as well)
2. Balboa (x3, I sold one, so I'll probably keep this one so I can go with both evos, just in case)
3. Andromeda (YEAH! Really wanted another viable 2SBR sub for Meri, and I believe this is the best of the bunch. Now I just have to skill her. And get enough team cost to run her and other stuff with the +15% hp badge)
4. Ryune (YEAH!x2, Kind of just a fantastic inherit for two of my teams (Meri and Gremory), but seems very strong in that regard, also feels likely to get a new evo in the near future)
5. Fujin (??!!!??, well that was unexpected)

So the game really wants me to keep running Meri, as it continues to drop solid Meri subs in my lap, so I can't complain. Fujin's pretty nice, but I'm not sure where to put her, exactly. There are certainly some dungeons where she will be great, but her skill is a very specific silver bullet otherwise.

I've also been trying Anubis in Endless and I just do not understand how to make it work. Like, it doesn't feel like there are enough orbs onscreen, regardless of the amount of time I have. I'm typically ranging between 4 and 6 combos, and, at 6, I have nowhere else to go.

Bladelaw

Well, it was a pretty good weekend. I beat all of the challenge dungeons, thanks, in part, to a not unreasonable C10 this time around.

Rolled on day 2, just stones laying around, no purchases:

1. Earth dragon swordsman (Ugh, not even water gala--really seems much worse than other colors with Ras being around now as well)
2. Balboa (x3, I sold one, so I'll probably keep this one so I can go with both evos, just in case)
3. Andromeda (YEAH! Really wanted another viable 2SBR sub for Meri, and I believe this is the best of the bunch. Now I just have to skill her. And get enough team cost to run her and other stuff with the +15% hp badge)
4. Ryune (YEAH!x2, Kind of just a fantastic inherit for two of my teams (Meri and Gremory), but seems very strong in that regard, also feels likely to get a new evo in the near future)
5. Fujin (??!!!??, well that was unexpected)

So the game really wants me to keep running Meri, as it continues to drop solid Meri subs in my lap, so I can't complain. Fujin's pretty nice, but I'm not sure where to put her, exactly. There are certainly some dungeons where she will be great, but her skill is a very specific silver bullet otherwise.

I've also been trying Anubis in Endless and I just do not understand how to make it work. Like, it doesn't feel like there are enough orbs onscreen, regardless of the amount of time I have. I'm typically ranging between 4 and 6 combos, and, at 6, I have nowhere else to go.

I've been playing around with Fujin on various teams and from my testing I've come to the obvious conclusions: Fujin's a fantastic inherit for an increasingly small number of annoying as hell threats. Since it only applies to Damage Absorb and not null, combo shields, or elemental absorbs that limits the active.
Sopdet
Parvati
Sadalemek
Machine Athena
Hera Dragon
Lifive if you take too long (first turn combo shield, second turn damage absorb)

There's others too but most other things are just immune to damage dealt over the threshold. For example I'd love to use it to help farm Serket quickly but Kopis is a damage null not absorb.

Fujin works best as an inherit, and in multiplayer. Most non-arena dungeons you want to use fujin in aren't going to give you forever to stall up the active unless you're running a real tank team so the multiplayer skill boost helps immensely. Another bonus to multiplayer is speed since you don't have to stall it up.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
this khepri challenge is such a fucking load of hot bullshit garbage i fucking hate this stupid fucking game and all these dumb clusterfuck mechanics matches what a load of shit hey we powere creepoed this stupid fucking game so every leader does ten fucking bazillion damage how do we make our game adifficult again oh lets just make it so you literally cant use 3/4 of the motherfucking board in a gamea where u manipulate THET MOTHARFJCERING BOARD IN ORDER TO SOLVE PUZZLES whewre are the fucking puzzlzelshjr?! im just fuckingb trying to play the game around ten million fucking jammers and poisons and locked orbs and LOCKED ROWS and oh everythings invisible oh but you can finally do an attack oh but this fucking CUTN has a damage shield now FUCK YOU FUCK this game

W-00

What teams are you guys trying to use against Khepri? As far as I can tell the key is just orb changers and damage control. Oh, and a lot of RCV to counter the damage from poison.

I forget what I used to beat it with for the snowglobe challenge, although I know I only beat the Myth difficulty.

Now that I have a Green Odin and a max-skilled Gunma I'm going to go at it the cheese way (green odin/ALB) with Balboa on the team for the tama/tan and lots and lots of delicious stalling. From Youtube videos it looks like an exceptionally safe clear.

Serket is the one I'm more worried about... I forget most of what's in it but I remember hating it.

HonestGoat - 364,521,421

I rolled Fujin over the weekend and have her assisted on my alt's Krishna. Should make Khepri a breeze as long as you take time to stall for it to come up, which shouldn't be a problem.

If anyone wants to friend this account I'll accept later tonight when I get home.

Bladelaw

I forget what I used to beat it with for the snowglobe challenge, although I know I only beat the Myth difficulty.

Now that I have a Green Odin and a max-skilled Gunma I'm going to go at it the cheese way (green odin/ALB) with Balboa on the team for the tama/tan and lots and lots of delicious stalling. From Youtube videos it looks like an exceptionally safe clear.

Serket is the one I'm more worried about... I forget most of what's in it but I remember hating it.

Each floor sucks in it's own way. Any one thing you can bring a counter for, but the whole thing makes team building a pain in the ass if you don't have a deep box or a solid coop partner.

FL1: Sphinx with 10 million Def and 30 HP and I think 4 turns to kill. True damage works fine here. though

FL2: Hope you didn't bring a fire team. Stallable floor but heart trolls can force active use. Most teams can oneshot though.

FL3: Shining Dragon Knight. If your lead is bind immune you're free otherwise you need to clear it or stall it out and hope you don't knock him into th 1-20% hp range.

FL4: Kill Finn quickly and don't knock him into the 1-50% range or you get bound again.

FL5: as above with added danger at less than 20% hp.

FL6: Kopis is the worst part of Serket. It's a stallable floor but you need to finesse the damage a bit and pray you don't get an unfavorable element absorb.

FL7: Serket be able to deal a silly amount of damage, out heal poisons, or combo well and you're safe. Her under 20% attack is probably a one shot though.

Like most things there's ALB cheese and a few other options to work with but it's still an annoying dungeon.

LiQuid!

I only used Krishna for Khepri. I eventually beat her. It wasn't really even that difficult. Just a god damned pain in the ass. You have to stall thru 3 turns of damage absorb, then stall thru 3 turns of no awakening skills (thus you deal no damage), and then you have a 3 turn window to punch through her 50% shield, which is what I wasn't doing previously. After that wears off she basically 1-shots you. So I just saved my board changers and Silk and bursted her in the damage shield window.

Not sure what Serket's deal is. Trying that one next. I'm sure it will piss me off.

LiQuid!

Pre-emptive Strike. Immune single hit damage over 600,000 for 99 turns..

Oh fucking GREAT. My all time favorite mechanic.

edit: that fight is an absolute fucking joke. This game is trash

Bladelaw

I used Meri for Serket. Seemed like the most painless leader for that mess of a dungeon.

That's my plan as well.
I'm thinking Meri, Orochi, Sarasvati (Scheat), Tengu (true damage), Isis (Water Dragon Swordsman)

Fl1-->5 smash
FL6: Orochi and poke to death.
FL7: Meri and smash.

Aesnath

I still haven't beaten Khepri, so I'm going to have to figure something out.

As for Serket, I beat her with dual R. Minerva. Important things you'll need are a delay and as many board changers as you can muster. A damage enhance makes the last floor easier too. I can usually beat Sphinx with just comboing, but if you have true damage, there is no problem. Floor two isn't a big deal, but you need to focus on killing the dark guy and then stall the red dude out. Can stall here, depending on heart skyfall, but if you brought Tsubaki, all the fire will eventually kill the dragon whether you want to or not. Floor three is another good place to stall, you can tank the rage hit if necessary, but try not to. Floor four hits hard, so it is better to kill ASAP. Floor five is also obnoxious, as it hits pretty hard, but it is a dragon, so not too bad.

Floor six is where the fun begins. First off, you will generally resist the bomb orbs. Just work it down to half but try to keep your hp up. Once you are there, you can usually survive a couple of hits, so tank one or two hits (depending on your delay) and then delay and continue working it down. If it is water type, you can start hitting pretty hard due to 1/2 damage, I have beat it without a delay on water. If it is wood, you are screwed without the delay being up.

For Serket, I just stall for five turns. if you have hearts, eat some poison, use board changes with hearts to clear poison as necessary. Save your best board change (and enhance if you have it) until she is out of shield and absorb. 8 mil is a tall order for Minerva without a godkiller, but you can get there. Under most circumstances, either use the enhance then board change, or plan for a second board change. You should be able to tank her rage hit, but you will need something to get rid of the poison to mount a second attack.

For reference, my team: R. Minerva (Ilm)/DK Tsubak (Saria)/DK Tsubaki (Exa Hydra)/Gadius (Saria)/Anima/R. Minerva (Leilan). I think it is easier with the +RCV badge, but be careful of the big hits. Anima is there due to the damage enhance and godkiller.

LiQuid!

Beat god damned Serket on the 2nd try. Took Our Lord and Motherfucking Savior Ronald of Ove instead of Krishna. I learned that I have absolutely zero ability to gauge how much damage will fit under an absorption threshold. I was trying to chip Kopis down without heart crossing and was slowing losing the war of attrition so I gave in and decided to heart cross with a partial combo (no TPA and only 4 colors for x100) and that amount of damage wasn't enough to trigger her absorption, so I just killed her in 2 turns with crosses.

Serket herself wasn't super difficult, or it wouldn't have been if I wasn't so shit at Puzzle and Dragons. Even after all this time I still find a way to shit the bed every time I try to full combo with Ronove. It makes me legitimately sad. I'm never going to be good at this game. The move time debuff didn't help but I'm not even gonna try and pretend like that was my issue. I just fucking suck.

Fuck this challenge. Never doing either of those 2 dungeons ever again. They can both burn in shit along with this game. How come this game doesn't just have an auto battle button like every other stupid gacha game?

^

that's why I hated skilling up Myr lol, the dungeon isn't "hard" in an absolute sense, it's just effing annoying

My lack of skill is why I'm happy I found my lord and savior Ilm, and am impatient about D.Athena. Arena 1 with Ilm/Minerva is less of a headache than most of these newer descendeds.

W-00

I used Meri for Serket. Seemed like the most painless leader for that mess of a dungeon.

Yeah, that's what I did, too. For Khepri, as well. Well, for all of the challenges this time. She smashed through them like they were nothing. I even got a water absorb on the one guy (Kopis?) and stalling through him was easy. I feel bad for people who don't have Meri.

J0dy77

What teams are you guys trying to use against Khepri? As far as I can tell the key is just orb changers and damage control. Oh, and a lot of RCV to counter the damage from poison.

I just use Krishna. He's got a ton of HP and RCV to tank every floor and you only need to match 2 fires with a TPA to clear most floors. Khepri can be tricky but otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

What's the Meri strat for the bomb guy? I love my Meri but damage absorbs and stalling are terrifying to me. I assume blue blob + no row but I'm not convinced I can otherwise stall on him.

W-00

What's the Meri strat for the bomb guy? I love my Meri but damage absorbs and stalling are terrifying to me. I assume blue blob + no row but I'm not convinced I can otherwise stall on him.

Naturally, prioritize matching the bombs. Other than that, make a non-row blob of six and see what sort of damage your team does. If it's safely below the threshold, add another orb. Remember, Meri will usually only need three heart orbs to heal to full, and I think the bombs always appear in the same place, so save whatever hearts you can.

Bladelaw

see below

Naturally, prioritize matching the bombs. Other than that, make a non-row blob of six and see what sort of damage your team does. If it's safely below the threshold, add another orb. Remember, Meri will usually only need three heart orbs to heal to full, and I think the bombs always appear in the same place, so save whatever hearts you can.

You can add a delay to the mix to buy some time too. Depending on your orb enhance situation you can do 6 orbs no row to hit under threshold while he's light. When he's fire you make 2 3-matches and he dies. Generating the water orbs can be problematic though if skyfall hates you. You can play his game and match bombs and heal until he changes to a favorable color and do it that way too. I just like the consistency of a delay.

b33r

Aizen makes Serket easy, I guess he makes most things easy though. You can just one shot every floor but the bomb dude and you just need to match three dark orbs a few times while making sure to match the bombs and heal when necessary.

Top Bottom