• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

Looks like Orochi is no longer going to be an optimal inherit on a DAthena team. School Orochi (D/B) is now a thing that exists, and being on-color will grant stats when inherited.

EDIT: Wow at that Reco clear of Nyarlahotep. That Sheena->DAthena trick at the end makes me glad I didn't sell my Kenpachi (and I was really tempted to sell him), since he can be used just like DAthena in that situation. Though you'd probably want to inherit him over something that didn't have any orb enhances.

Just another piece of evidence that you should never sell a card if you only have one of it.

Aesnath

Have they figured out a way to determine what radar you will encounter yet? I'm trying to figure out to to prep and I don't really want to waste 99 stamina just trying it out.

b33r

Been running Zeus Vulcan all day, need 3 volcano Dragons for super Shiva Dragon. So far 1 has dropped :(

I tried the 3 player mode and fought that guy from the Reco video. I was the last one standing, but died shortly after.

Negator

I think I would like to put myself out there again.

I'd like Aizen BFFs that are going to be transitioning to Dark Athena once it comes out. A BFF triangle if possible. I can put up a hyper Ronove, Meri, Kaede, D Meta, and (soon to be super ult) Yomi Dragon in slot 2 upon request.

Can also hyper other random stuff if needed.

I don't really care who I BFF but I have Ilm in slot 1 and Ganesh in slot 2

I mean...if you're giving them out... 337 363 385 :) I have an Illmina or Minerva I can put up as well.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yeah I mostly use BFF for pal points nowadays. The benefit of having so much synergy between my accounts is even when I'm doing solo stuff, I've got my own maxed out leaders to play with.

Kwhit10

Did the OSC on my second try. First time I lost on Sharon when I had an all poison board with no dkali active (dang no dupes). Second time I got through her easily and hap dragon was straight forward with ra dragon.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Got a special bean from a reset present. Maybe not the best use of materials, but I got reunited with my beautiful baby boy!

Ms4bZxQ.jpg

Wonder if these guys will ever get useful evos.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Quick question, it seems like Myr descend is today and I would like to get her.

It seems like most people Coop the dungeon, but is it possible to solo it with a Krishna lead?

LiQuid!

Sure, depending on how leveled up and skilled your team is. They're legend+ and myth+ difficulty dungeons, so they are pretty difficult. It was a challenge for me to self co-op it with my Krishna teams when I did it a couple months ago and I only did the legend+ difficulty

challenge mode reset confirmed coming "soon"

I've done zero, so I'm going to be blowing all my stamina on that in the next few days

let's see how many stones I can amass

LiQuid!

You might be a whale if you've been playing the game for a year and have completely ignored challenge mode strugglestones.

Aesnath

Quick question, it seems like Myr descend is today and I would like to get her.

It seems like most people Coop the dungeon, but is it possible to solo it with a Krishna lead?

Definitely doable in solo. I'm not sure how bad it messes up Krishna's damage and options, but Reincarnated Minerva as a leader pairing basically resists the damn dungeon. If you pair with Minerva, be mindful of the first floor (woodtan) and then the witch (armadel? I think) as you don't resist them.

Also, if you have Dragon Killer Tsubaki, she is like a shotgun for nearly the whole level.

challenge mode reset confirmed coming "soon"

I've done zero, so I'm going to be blowing all my stamina on that in the next few days

let's see how many stones I can amass

I've done several myself, but now I suppose I need to prioritize them more heavily. I guess I'll go with Meri. I just wish I liked the team challenge; it always seems like such a chore.

Also, my OSC has heradra. I'm going to try to meri her with a fujin inherit at some point.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sure, depending on how leveled up and skilled your team is. They're legend+ and myth+ difficulty dungeons, so they are pretty difficult. It was a challenge for me to self co-op it with my Krishna teams when I did it a couple months ago and I only did the legend+ difficulty

Just trying to do Legendary, but it seems to cut my HP in half on the first stage, nearly kills me in the second shot, and I can't get anything going.

Definitely doable in solo. I'm not sure how bad it messes up Krishna's damage and options, but Reincarnated Minerva as a leader pairing basically resists the damn dungeon. If you pair with Minerva, be mindful of the first floor (woodtan) and then the witch (armadel? I think) as you don't resist them.

Also, if you have Dragon Killer Tsubaki, she is like a shotgun for nearly the whole level.

I don't have either of those cards, nor do I have a friend unit with one.

Just trying to do Legendary, but it seems to cut my HP in half on the first stage, nearly kills me in the second shot, and I can't get anything going.

It is imperative to get the dark lady killed your first turn. You also usually need enough HP to take a hit or two from the tan, but with some luck you can break its def if you can't.

If you are up late (really late, I'm going out tonight) I have a Krishna, a few dragon killer Tsubakis, and a "perfect" kill board of Urd -> Sanada and I can help you run through the dungeon a few times if you want to. The dungeon is very do-able and Myr is very worth it, but ideally you want to blow up most floors in one turn rather than stall as things can get nasty quick. Then Myr's final form requires stalling even if you can kill her easily. The dungeon sucks.

Aesnath

My number is 335,413,460 and I can put up R. Minerva (Ilm) if you want to try. Let me know what your PAD name is and I'll make room for you.

There are tradeoffs with this pairing though, so be aware of them. Notably, you'll take a hit across the board with R. Minerva, being base 1.5 RCV, 4.5 Attack, 1.5 HP with the pairing. If you can make 3 fire combos and one light, you'll punch up to 40.5x damage, but it is functionally adding an extra condition for max damage; this will force you to conserve light orbs. The upside is that you will take 1/2 damage from any fire, light, or dark enemy. If you can put some fire + light actives on your team, either main or through inherit, you'll be much better off. Notably, Gadius and Saria both generate boards with both elements and are fairly common GFE. Terra (from final fantasy collab), Ilm (who is rare), and Tsubaki (who I know you don't have) are also great. Other than that, bring things that make fire but do not eat light orbs.

I suspect the pairing is easier for this dungeon, BUT it could be a bit of work to get used to it, so it may not feel great right away. Also, if you don't have at least one other fire and light generator (other than my Minerva's inherit), things could get pretty tricky. Either way it will probably be kinda hard.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It is imperative to get the dark lady killed your first turn. You also usually need enough HP to take a hit or two from the tan, but with some luck you can break its def if you can't.

I managed to survive 4 turns on my last attempt.

If you are up late (really late, I'm going out tonight) I have a Krishna, a few dragon killer Tsubakis, and a "perfect" kill board of Urd -> Sanada and I can help you run through the dungeon a few times if you want to. The dungeon is very do-able and Myr is very worth it, but ideally you want to blow up most floors in one turn rather than stall as things can get nasty quick. Then Myr's final form requires stalling even if you can kill her easily. The dungeon sucks.

Honestly, I'd love the help. I'm not sure how much of a help I'll be. But if you're willing, I have no problem staying up. I always have more work to do.

I'll grab my number when my phone is recharged

My number is 335,413,460 and I can put up R. Minerva (Ilm) if you want to try. Let me know what your PAD name is and I'll make room for you.

There are tradeoffs with this pairing though, so be aware of them. Notably, you'll take a hit across the board with R. Minerva, being base 1.5 RCV, 4.5 Attack, 1.5 HP with the pairing. If you can make 3 fire combos and one light, you'll punch up to 40.5x damage, but it is functionally adding an extra condition for max damage; this will force you to conserve light orbs. The upside is that you will take 1/2 damage from any fire, light, or dark enemy. If you can put some fire + light actives on your team, either main or through inherit, you'll be much better off. Notably, Gadius and Saria both generate boards with both elements and are fairly common GFE. Terra (from final fantasy collab), Ilm (who is rare), and Tsubaki (who I know you don't have) are also great. Other than that, bring things that make fire but do not eat light orbs.

I suspect the pairing is easier for this dungeon, BUT it could be a bit of work to get used to it, so it may not feel great right away. Also, if you don't have at least one other fire and light generator (other than my Minerva's inherit), things could get pretty tricky. Either way it will probably be kinda hard.

Most def, I'll add you too.

LiQuid!

Wish I had a better leader for challenge mode. So many stones I'm going to be missing out on.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
My ID is 391 422 419. Name is ThrillHo

Add me ^_^

I'll be on here most of tonight, so message.

Added you, would be willing to try a few runs with the stamina I have left!

Wish I had a better leader for challenge mode. So many stones I'm going to be missing out on.

Reincarnated Hinokagutsuchi has been a godsend both as a Krishna sub and for just tearing through lower challenge mode levels. Match junk, receive stones.

LiQuid!

Added you, would be willing to try a few runs with the stamina I have left!

Reincarnated Hinokagutsuchi has been a godsend both as a Krishna sub and for just tearing through lower challenge mode levels. Match junk, receive stones.

Don't got one of those. I've been rolling with Ronove lead + Balboa/Artemis, Kaede, Kaede, Kaede, Shiva and just pronging everything. It's a lot of work, very orb hungry, has little in the way of useful actives and stalls out on no RCV and no dupe dungeons.

Challenge mode is where I pay for keeping my friends devoid of almost anything other than same leaders that I use.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Good runs! Oh my god those 1% wipes on Wee Jas and Myr's first form though. Never seen so many monsters literally at death's door. Then we get down to 21 health! Sorry for my many screwups, especially those last couple of runs.

A tip for future runs: on Wee Jas (2nd to last floor) if you clear all three poison orbs when he uses Termination's Guidance you can pretty much stall indefinitely from the hearts he creates.

b33r

Use a heart cross lead for normal challenge dungeons, Myr can clear up pretty much all normals since you only need to cross once usually. It varies in technical, but you can get far there to. After that, it depends on your box.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Good runs! Oh my god those 1% wipes on Wee Jas and Myr's first form though. Never seen so many monsters literally at death's door. Then we get down to 21 health! Sorry for my many screwups, especially those last couple of runs.

A tip for future runs: on Wee Jas (2nd to last floor) if you clear all three poison orbs when he uses Termination's Guidance you can pretty much stall indefinitely from the hearts he creates.

No, it's my fault. First time seeing many of these bosses. But thank you so much for the help! And I kept messing up on orbs a lot and not producing a lot of combos.

And it seems like Myr hits based on how hard you hit too? Correct. So if you almost kill her, she'll one shot you?

It was definitely exciting ^_^

Thank you Thank you!

I added you shintoki (moblin@GAF), in case you still want/need Myr or any other future runs.

Myr, like many bosses, has an "execution" threshold whereby if you knock her below a certain percentage of her health (in her case, below 20% of her max health) she will deal massive damage, typically enough to end a run unless you block or mitigate it somehow (delays, damage reduction active skill, etc). This is why it's typically best to try and simply one-shot her once her 5-turn shield is done.

Also it should be noted that for the "rogue" descends, where your monsters start at Lvl 1 and level up throughout the dungeon, many of the evolution materials for the boss can be found as drops in the dungeon itself.

For challenges a simple button team (Ra/ReRa, Lightning, Ilmina, etc.) can punch through most of the earlier dungeons with a lot of speed. Later ones heartcross & prongs works for me. I'm too lazy to spend stamina on the way later ones/techs; if I'm absolutely desperate for a handful of new stones in the future I'll just buy more.

Bladelaw

Any time this weekend anyone with Yamamoto wants to run SDR let me know. I need an embarrassing amount of them. I can run the ALB teams too but Yamamoto is way less fail prone and goes much quicker.

Use a heart cross lead for normal challenge dungeons, Myr can clear up pretty much all normals since you only need to cross once usually. It varies in technical, but you can get far there to. After that, it depends on your box.
Was gonna say this too. Ronove is best for later ones since he can achieve 12x on his own after you cross the first time. Sweep the floor and you don't need to cross again.

b33r

Finally made super Shiva Dragon, what a pain in the ass. I ended up buying some red jewels and a couple masks out of sheer frustration.

Team does a surprising amount of damage for one prong. Will be really good for speed farming and ranking dungeons. He was my first mp monster, so it's nice he's relevant for some things again.

4x EXP in special dungeons is INSANE

I can get ~550+ MP per run of Zaerog and basically get 1/3 of the way to the next rank, for 50 stamina. It makes up for some stupid A1 runs over the last few days :(

Also I finally skilled and awakened my D.Athena team of A.Haku/Sima Yi/Durga/A.Persephone, but I'm debating swapping Durga for A.Loki... I assume reLoki will be an obvious upgrade whenever it comes. Also should be able to finish skilling Grida tomorrow to play around with.

LiQuid!

I'm actually bummed out by this. We got 4x EXP specials and I've got EXP of a Lifetime up on both accounts but I just spent the entire last week farming all the evo mats I will ever need and there ain't shit for me to spend stamina on this weekend! So both my accounts just sitting at full stamina and I ain't got shit to do with it! I was gonna do more challenge modes but tbh that shit's way too annoying and I can't deal with the inconsistencies between the friend lists on my 2 accounts. I need like a billion EXP for all my recently EVO'd cards I'd kill for super metals or one of the daily king metals to be up but all we got is shitty weekend dungeon.

EKMD guerrilla is up tonight, there are 3 rotations left, you can blow your stam on that for all your levelling needs

or farm arena for gooey, warm Pys

Quantum

I'm actually bummed out by this. We got 4x EXP specials and I've got EXP of a Lifetime up on both accounts but I just spent the entire last week farming all the evo mats I will ever need and there ain't shit for me to spend stamina on this weekend! So both my accounts just sitting at full stamina and I ain't got shit to do with it! I was gonna do more challenge modes but tbh that shit's way too annoying and I can't deal with the inconsistencies between the friend lists on my 2 accounts. I need like a billion EXP for all my recently EVO'd cards I'd kill for super metals or one of the daily king metals to be up but all we got is shitty weekend dungeon.

I always burn stamina when SDR drops/dungeon are/is available.

jiggle

Bad timing for 4x exp
I hope we get another one when 5coin coin dungeon rolls around

Still waiting for 0stamina normal dungeons
Feels like it's really really late

Aesnath

It was a helluva weekend.

So, my OSC was heradra and I decided I was going to beat it. I ran Meri (Yo)/Scheat Shinji (Scheat)/Andromeda (Fujin)/Beach Metatron (water swordsman)/Summer Urd (Ryune)/Friend Meri. I had two false starts earlier, but on my third attempt it worked out. It felt like constant combo shields and resolve, but Meri's combo bonus and good damage control let me work it out. On heradra, I got to try out fujin for the first time, used Meri, made two water rows, OHKO.

Then I spent the rest of the weekend farming skill ups for thothdet (FINALLY skilled) and evo mats for Ra. I also discovered the insane rate of XP on zerog on the last day, which was nice. Other than that, I played a lot of team challenges using meri. At times, I could select subs to have constant water skyfall, which was nice.

All told, I got to use Fujin's active on three separate occasions between the OSC and Egyptian challenge: Heradra, Khepri, and Sopdet. I have to admit, it was satisfying.

J0dy77

Wasn't sure how I felt about 4x exp until permanent farming of Zaerog yesterday. Endless leveling and made probably 15k Monster Points just spamming the dungeon and using the Kings for leveling fodder. Good stuff.

Bladelaw

It was a helluva weekend.

All told, I got to use Fujin's active on three separate occasions between the OSC and Egyptian challenge: Heradra, Khepri, and Sopdet. I have to admit, it was satisfying.

It has yet to get old. For every time Sopdet or another damage absorb got me killed I pop Fujin and feel righteous retribution.

I ran a few stamina bars of SDR farming with no invades. That sucked but at least Yamamoto makes it painless and quick. I finally farmed up enough basic purple masks to revo three Hakus so I'll be ready when that time comes. I'm hoping I can stockpile some snowglobes. Presents haven't been kind to me, lots of beans (and not even the RGB ones...). Not much else. I've been using a variant Yuki's Balboa/Artemis team in Arena and it's hilariously strong.

His team:
Leader Balboa (Facet)
Kaede (Beach Sonia)
Vishnu (Beach Sonia)
Revo Parvati (Wee Jas)
Revo Susano (Indra)
Awoken Artemis (Fujin)

I made a couple changes because my box and friend's list forced the issue.
R/B Balboa (Facet)
Kaede (Beach Mei Mei)
Vishnu (Beach Sonia)
Revo Parvati (Fujin)
Revo Susano (Indra)
Awoken Artemis (nothing)

Since 3/6 subs are bind immune/bind recover I'm not worried about Parvati's base skill (plus it eats water). Facet (or any burst really) is necessary for Kali if you gert a bad Sonia board. A delay is only really useful for Kagu, and while that's usually a reason enough to bring a delay I figured I'd play without just to test. Sure enough it works fine as long as you don't get skyfall trolled. I could probably give up Beach Mei Mei as a board change for a delay and I might still do that. Balboa's stalling power is huge, even moreso with Susano/Indra available. I'm also debating making leader Balboa with my dupe. The extra damage isn't worth losing unbindablility in A1 but in some other content it might be.

So I'm in my OSC and realize I have HeraDra. Is there any way to beat her without Fujin or a shield? Wondering if I should just bail and restart with my alt's Fujin Krishna.

Bladelaw

So I'm in my OSC and realize I have HeraDra. Is there any way to beat her without Fujin or a shield? Wondering if I should just bail and restart with my alt's Fujin Krishna.

With a Krishna team you can do it, you just need to hit under 2 million per sub and Shield the 2nd hit (I think).

Sky fall can troll you but I think 2 fire combos (row + 3match) will hit under the threshold. Depends on subs, skyfall, enhanced orbs etc though. I'd do some damage checks along the way to be sure.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I added you shintoki (moblin@GAF), in case you still want/need Myr or any other future runs.

Myr, like many bosses, has an "execution" threshold whereby if you knock her below a certain percentage of her health (in her case, below 20% of her max health) she will deal massive damage, typically enough to end a run unless you block or mitigate it somehow (delays, damage reduction active skill, etc). This is why it's typically best to try and simply one-shot her once her 5-turn shield is done.

Also it should be noted that for the "rogue" descends, where your monsters start at Lvl 1 and level up throughout the dungeon, many of the evolution materials for the boss can be found as drops in the dungeon itself.

I figured that was you. My Myr's going take a bit to level up and I only have two decent Yellow units right now, but it's going be awesome.

And I figured it was something like that. After it happened the first time, I wasn't sure and started to get scared. LOL

According to some rando on reddit who begged PAD EU, there's confirmation of sorts that D.Athena is coming. I'll take it.

I figured that was you. My Myr's going take a bit to level up and I only have two decent Yellow units right now, but it's going be awesome.

And I figured it was something like that. After it happened the first time, I wasn't sure and started to get scared. LOL

Myr is super flexible and powerful and even if you're just able to get her to her first evo she can pair with a maxed-out Myr and blast through most content without many issues. There are also some good farmable subs for her, including a few of her evo materials like Verche and Elia.

Bladelaw

According to some rando on reddit who begged PAD EU, there's confirmation of sorts that D.Athena is coming. I'll take it.

I saw that, here's hoping it isn't a prank and there's actually hope. I'm sitting on a bunch of MP and I kind of want Odin Dragon (seriously, plz help).

J0dy77

I saw that, here's hoping it isn't a prank and there's actually hope. I'm sitting on a bunch of MP and I kind of want Odin Dragon (seriously, plz help).

All this farming over the weekend got me wondering if I can afford D. Athena and Odin Dragon. I'll probably hold off on Odin and wait for the next set of MP cards but man it is tempting. I'm sitting on 760k right now with a bunch of stuff I could sell off easily, very very tempting.

D. Athena is going to make it over eventually, she's too important of a card in the current meta to not become global. She's not part of a collab that might restrict her and Athena has always been a big pillar in the game's meta shifts. I'm hoping she comes sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom