• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Wonder if there's an off chance that PADX gets announced during the direct

We're getting Puyo Puyo Tetris. Anything is possible. I'd be pretty hyped for it.

All this farming over the weekend got me wondering if I can afford D. Athena and Odin Dragon. I'll probably hold off on Odin and wait for the next set of MP cards but man it is tempting. I'm sitting on 760k right now with a bunch of stuff I could sell off easily, very very tempting.

D. Athena is going to make it over eventually, she's too important of a card in the current meta to not become global. She's not part of a collab that might restrict her and Athena has always been a big pillar in the game's meta shifts. I'm hoping she comes sooner rather than later.

Yeah I think we'll be getting Dathena eventually. Odin Dragon is starting to feel a lot like Yomi Dragon in that Odin Dragon fits on almost every green team and provides something unique while also being a solid leader. But Dark Athena is absurdly powerful and if you can run an optimal team you'd be foolish to skip her. Even when the meta passes her she'll still be a strong card, 3 TPA, unbindable, 3SB, Delay active fits on a hell of a lot of dark teams.

I'll be running Dath, Haku*3, Durga (Facet) when I get the chance. I just need to bank a few more Pys and I'll be ready whenever she is.

J0dy77

Decided to give Arena 3 a serious attempt with RaDra this past week and cleared it on Saturday after a few wipes earlier in the week. I could probably have a decent farm rate as long as I can keep finding RaDra friends with Fujiin inherit. The hardest part for me is getting through Sopdet and Vishnu boards. It's so hard to control damage with this team and still do enough damage to clear the floors.

ko7ALdTl.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Fuck Fujin. They put ONE card in the game with the ability to bypass the game's worst mechanic and then they make it whale-tier rarity. Fuck this game. Fuck all gacha games.
Fuck Gung Ho. This shit should be illegal.

There's four monsters with the ability now

Also just latch onto your whale friends who put one up as an inherit

just like how everybody latched onto hypermaxed jugglers
just like how everybody latched onto aa luci
just like how everybody latched onto +99 ammys (rip xelios)

Jonsoncao

Banned
Fuck Fujin. They put ONE card in the game with the ability to bypass the game's worst mechanic and then they make it whale-tier rarity. Fuck this game. Fuck all gacha games.

Save some stones. Not that bad. I saved around 170 non-IAP stones since last Nov and rolled her in the GF with three kingdom 2. GH has been very generous on giving stones lately (comparing with other gacha games).

Bladelaw

There's four monsters with the ability now

Also just latch onto your whale friends who put one up as an inherit

just like how everybody latched onto hypermaxed jugglers
just like how everybody latched onto aa luci
just like how everybody latched onto +99 ammys (rip xelios)
see bold. Let me know what lead you want Fujin on and it'll happen.

Posting my alt's ID again for you or anyone else in this same boat who could use it.

364,521,421 - Krishna with Fujin assist.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
TY Whalefriends. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know, but 99% of my gameplay now is self co-op, so I still need to roll my own.

gained 31 ranks and max-skilled 2 Gridas in an hour... what will I even do with 2 Gridas, I have no idea...

this is nuts

As a side benefit I guess I have a ton of stamina to blow attempting the OSC. I mistakenly thought it was All Attributes, which is wayyy more difficult than No Dupes. I tried my Meri team with a friend Ryune and it didn't go too hot at that 7-combo shield guy but I guess I can try a straight Meri run later. I have basically everything but a strong shield (susano probably isn't sufficient, Raph is probably overkill) and Fujin, which is probably on top of one of my dozen or so Meri friends.

W-00

I decided to make a YOLO roll in the Heaven's Gala, the next Godfest probably won't start until it's over and I wanted a Facet. Naturally, no Facet. Instead, DQXQ. My third DQXQ. At least now I can make all of their evos without devolving anything (and not counting their Revo, which I don't plan on ever making).

LiQuid!

Wouldn't mind a DQXQ, but not enough to piss 5 stones away on silver gala.

Aesnath

Well, the Padz grind is pretty OK with 4x stamina. However, at this point, I need a little more XP than running it five times will give me, meaning I can't quite go infinite with just that. I think I'm probably looking at the blue puppet this week. I'm starting to run out of excuses.

gained 31 ranks and max-skilled 2 Gridas in an hour... what will I even do with 2 Gridas, I have no idea...

this is nuts

As a side benefit I guess I have a ton of stamina to blow attempting the OSC. I mistakenly thought it was All Attributes, which is wayyy more difficult than No Dupes. I tried my Meri team with a friend Ryune and it didn't go too hot at that 7-combo shield guy but I guess I can try a straight Meri run later. I have basically everything but a strong shield (susano probably isn't sufficient, Raph is probably overkill) and Fujin, which is probably on top of one of my dozen or so Meri friends.

Hey, let me know, I can drop a nearly max skilled fujin on my Meri for you if you need me to. Also, at no point on my Heradra OSC did I actually need my shield, Heradra only hits for 25k preempt, so just keep you hp up going into the floor and you should be OK. Kill anything else before it could one shot you. Make two rows with full activation and you should be able to one shot her with Meri.

Bladelaw

Ra Dra please.😀

If you plan on putting fujin on d. Athena as well, there is a nice shiny best friend invite headed your way. Lol

Sure It won't be permanent as I swap around based on requests but it'll be there until the next one.

I'm going to play around with Dathena but I'm not sure that'll be Fujin's mostly forever home. I do plan on snagging Dathena though.

As far as Fujin feeling like cheating (it does) I'm okay with it since the opposite is skyfall troll and fuck that noise.

I've never died on Sopdet in my many Arena runs but I've been forced to use Force because of skyfall troll, which is never fun.

Parvati is straight-up evil, though. I guess people don't complain about her as much since there are more ways to tank 31k damage but she has been the primary reason for most of my A1 heartache. Even using a delay is harrowing due to skyfall troll.

b33r

Aizen was trouble with the last descend challenge, forgot about dark resist and light crusader, died. New Shiva Dragon trounced it, love having a good fire lead again, still hoping for Krishna someday.

J0dy77

Hi Xel! Ever coming back?

Game related note: Cleared A3 again but still no Radar dragon drop. What's the % for drop rates? I'm 0-3 so far.

Bladelaw

Hi Xel! Ever coming back?

Game related note: Cleared A3 again but still no Radar dragon drop. What's the % for drop rates? I'm 0-3 so far.
I thought it was 40% but it's been a while since I looked it up. I only run A3 for the killer latents these days.

EDIT: looks like the little update push this morning has art for the revos we want. I'm wondering if it'll take a proper patch to get them in the game or if a small update push will get the job done. I'm going to stone so hard next king carnival if Revo Haku is available.

Aesnath

Good god, I spent inestimable time yesterday skilling stupid padz dragons--without using kingtans. I went ahead and bought the blue puppet, mostly to justify the work on the damn dragons.

Now, I'm considering what is the best use of my time. On the one hand, I really should be completing team challenge dungeons. On the other hand, now is a great time to try to max skill zhera and/or cauchemar.

Thanks to yesterday, my rank is now 470 something, meaning I have over 250 stamina and (more importantly) no restrictions on what I can run with my teams using the maniac +hp badge.

Haven't spent money on a mobile/online game in years, so pretty good. The bad news is I took up MTG with friends and that has more than replaced it!

Hi there!! :)

I legit did the opposite. I played MTG since visions, took a break from mercadian masques until coldsnap and then played solidly until Kaladesh. I just hate the current direction of the game, both in terms of economics (everything is designed for draft except a few cards in a set) and playstyle (no such things as counterspells or removal, but great big honking threats). I still like commander, but some things need to drastically change for me to pick that game back up for standard or modern.

Some of my magic budget has gone to PAD--but I don't feel bad about it, because MTG is really flipping expensive. Also, I can play PAD on the bus to and from work. I actually have gotten some of my magic buddies into this game too.

J0dy77

I thought it was 40% but it's been a while since I looked it up. I only run A3 for the killer latents these days.

EDIT: looks like the little update push this morning has art for the revos we want. I'm wondering if it'll take a proper patch to get them in the game or if a small update push will get the job done. I'm going to stone so hard next king carnival if Revo Haku is available.

I haven't picked up 3 of the radars yet, hoping to grab them through Arena. Crossing my fingers for all the dragon killer latents as well. Will probably spend most of my stamina in arena hoping for the best.

bjork

I've been going through with my Meri team and finally clearing some of these descended stages, but nothing too major yet. It's satisfying to clear things I'd been unable to do before. I finally finished the first endless corridor, not knowing that would unlock another tier, and that beating that unlocks even more, heh.

I think I want to focus on getting the stuff to evolve Myr and make a team around her, and maybe Gremory as well.

How do you find out what/when the next collab is?

Bladelaw

I've been going through with my Meri team and finally clearing some of these descended stages, but nothing too major yet. It's satisfying to clear things I'd been unable to do before. I finally finished the first endless corridor, not knowing that would unlock another tier, and that beating that unlocks even more, heh.

I think I want to focus on getting the stuff to evolve Myr and make a team around her, and maybe Gremory as well.

How do you find out what/when the next collab is?

Work on getting Myr's first form and picking up the base monsters for her second form. This week is really good because a lot of what you need is available in the descended challenges. Gremory might be easier to put together (depends on your dark box).

Good safe picks for Gremory are dark + heart makers or board changers that make dark and hearts (Cecil, Ryune, Typhon, etc). The next thing would be either a low cooldown skill to proc her bonus damage on skill use (Yukari, Gunma, Jize, beans), or a bunch of hastes so no one skill is too far away from being available.

As far as collabs go, we don't know for sure and only have JP to guess on it until GungHo officially announces anything. My best guess will be Heroine part 2 followed by Kenshin unless Voltron suddenly becomes ready.

Anyone have Super Yomi Dragon and what are your opinions and experience with them? I got hera dra from my OSC and they seem like a pretty fast, easy, and powerful lead at 81x for 5o1e with great sub potential later on.

b33r

Anyone have Super Yomi Dragon and what are your opinions and experience with them? I got hera dra from my OSC and they seem like a pretty fast, easy, and powerful lead at 81x for 5o1e with great sub potential later on.

She is a strong lead and one of the best dark subs in the game. With her new stats she hits like a truck. It was worth it to me since I use her on many dark teams. But i use her as a lead often enough as well now, great speed farmer.

Negator

Oh my god, suddenly all the things. Suddently farming int masks for all these evos, jesus.

Also Sengoku 2 pantheon at the same time. I just had to see all this before I went to bed.

bjork

Got Nordis and Deus Ex Machina evolved so I could evolve Myr, which I did. Then I saw what it takes for her next form, and man is that not happening for awhile, hah.

[edit - you only have to make the cross once and the bonus carries over? Holy crap. I thought it was every turn.]

J0dy77

Anyone else find themselves playing more with the recent "fast combo" update? I didn't realize how boring it was playing Ra Dra and other high combo leads having to watch the full animation. A3 runs and other long dungeons are much less tedious now.

J0dy77

Got Nordis and Deus Ex Machina evolved so I could evolve Myr, which I did. Then I saw what it takes for her next form, and man is that not happening for awhile, hah.

[edit - you only have to make the cross once and the bonus carries over? Holy crap. I thought it was every turn.]

The cross buff carries over as long as the next floor doesn't have a preemptive. It's just like shield break buff. If the following floor has a message or puts up absorb, resist shield, recovers your health, anything, it goes away. It's great for farming dungeons but you'll have to make a cross on every floor on any real dungeon.

Bladelaw

So what are people's thoughts on losing the blue sub-att by revoing persephone and haku for a D athena team?

It's worth it IMO unless you need her for rainbow coverage elsewhere (All ATT Req. dungeon or the like on a different team). Her active doesn't make blues and her typing is still in line with Dathena's bonus so I don't see any reason to keep her Awoken vs Reincarnated.

Anyone else find themselves playing more with the recent "fast combo" update? I didn't realize how boring it was playing Ra Dra and other high combo leads having to watch the full animation. A3 runs and other long dungeons are much less tedious now.

YES. This update has made rainbow leads much less tedious to play. Often I would play a quick lead just to clear fast, but with the update I'm changing my rotation a bit more.

----

I've snagged 3 present eggs. All three were beans of one kind or another. I need like 20 snow globes for the Reincarnated Haku triplets. I need Super King Carnival or something. My Star Den slot is during work so I won't be able to get as much farming in as I'd like. I'm still sitting on 3 297 mules so I have what I need for upcoming teams (Revo Kushi, Dathena, and Bvalk) but it's always nice to have extras for fun experiments.

bjork

It's what I've been playing the most lately, and I definitely appreciate the fast combo option. I used to use a Kushinadahime lead and watching the combos count up was always hellish for me.

The cross buff carries over as long as the next floor doesn't have a preemptive. It's just like shield break buff. If the following floor has a message or puts up absorb, resist shield, recovers your health, anything, it goes away. It's great for farming dungeons but you'll have to make a cross on every floor on any real dungeon.

Oh, okay. That explains the need for heart generating characters, then. I was like, "if you get 5 hearts on floor 1, you are totally golden!" but I guess not, heh. Good to know!

J0dy77

YES. This update has made rainbow leads much less tedious to play. Often I would play a quick lead just to clear fast, but with the update I'm changing my rotation a bit more.

I run D. Athena for everything on JP so I never really noticed the difference since she's a quick farm anyway. Now I just run RaDra for almost everything, rainbow has always been my favorite playstyle.

Jagernaut

Anyone want to trade present eggs?

PSA - there are snow globes and extreme king metal dragons in the quest rewards you can use for xp for Reincarnated evolutions​.

W-00

New Pantheon type change on busty makes me sad, mostly cause the green one loses healer type on the "good" version

That takes her off the list as a Kushi sub, but what other good green leaders really need healers? Revo Astaroth can use healers OR devils, and Oichi is a devil, so she's good there. She's also an attacker, so she'd be really damn good on a Ruel team (provided that you have other subs that provide recovery).

Speaking of Ruel, all the hype around her seems to have vanished. Was some major flaw discovered or was she just overshadowed by other monsters?

Bladelaw

Lots of new Assist-capable monsters, apparently. News to me, but I've been going through the motions with PAD lately

https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...new-assist-monster-additions/1624641177564468

There's a lot of great inherit options there. Cauchemar, Zhang Fei, Elia, and Grisar all stand out.

That takes her off the list as a Kushi sub, but what other good green leaders really need healers? Revo Astaroth can use healers OR devils, and Oichi is a devil, so she's good there. She's also an attacker, so she'd be really damn good on a Ruel team (provided that you have other subs that provide recovery).

Speaking of Ruel, all the hype around her seems to have vanished. Was some major flaw discovered or was she just overshadowed by other monsters?

Overshadowed, Dathena does what she does with better sub support and is a stronger lead (unbindable, delay active + enhance). She's still very high up on my "Get over here ASAP" list though. I'm thinking Ruel, Revo MeiMei, Revo MeiMei, GZL, Griffin Rider is a much stronger team than people think. Inherit Ishida in there for a solid board change and that team will be absurd in multiplayer.

Thanks, I sent you mine as well. I got a green snow globe and a brachy bean.
Light globe and plessie bean. At least I can max skill all my beans now.

Question for the JP players: does a multiboost awakening work in 3P mode?

Hera Dragon descending on the busiest day of the week :(

I can definitely carve out a few minutes at work but I won't have my Hades reincarnated in time (or my Minerva cheese). Maybe I can mess around with the green mask/Fujin skillup. I have most of the other evo mats for YomiDra, too.

Before I start reincarnating, should I avoid reincarnating Persephone if I plan to keep her on D.Athena? I know that Haku and Loki are unquestionably better, but I'm wondering if the type loss matters as I haven't seen any template teams with rePers.

Ducarmel

New patheons look alright except for fact they are 6* base rarity.

But lol at demon mask mat to evolve sengoku 2, gunho finally remembered thos guys. I'm always selling demon mask whenever I get them.

Bladelaw

Hera Dragon descending on the busiest day of the week :(

Before I start reincarnating, should I avoid reincarnating Persephone if I plan to keep her on D.Athena? I know that Haku and Loki are unquestionably better, but I'm wondering if the type loss matters as I haven't seen any template teams with rePers.

Dathena's Leaderskill
God, Attacker & Devil type cards HP x1.5, ATK x3.5. All attribute cards ATK x2, RCV x2 when reaching Dark & Water combos.

Revo Persephone is all three types. (God, Devil, and Attacker). Dathena herself holds up the Dark/Blue portion of her leaderskill so you don't need any other D/B monsters on the team. I think she's great on the team but not "optimal" since Revo Haku exists. I like to theory craft a lot assuming no dupes and if I wasn't sitting on a Haku army I'd absolutely use Revo Persephone. Great active, Revo stats, near ideal awakenings. She's just lacking the OP 7-combo awakening and hazard clear in her active. Both things Revo Haku covers while also providing better RCV. I'd run something like:
Dathena
Revo Haku
Revo Persephone
Super Durga OR Awoken Okuni OR D/L Satsuki (with a spike inherited on)
Super Yomi Dragon

But really for Dathena you just need to fill the following slots while keeping on type:
Board change
Spike
100% SBR
Bind clear to keep SBR

For A3 add a shield, maybe true damage (Lumiel probably the best option), and Fujin inherits and you're golden.

Top Bottom