• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

hermit7

Few rolls, not much of use.

Bastet
Robin Hood
Urd (number 4)
Aten

All of less use overall.

Sold them and am like 5k under dath who I will get day 1

Bladelaw

Many rolls today. Lots of good rolls but all dupes I didn't need except a Baal. Loki hunt was a massive fail. Tomorrow will hopefully be better.

jiggle

My heart nearly stopped when I rolled raijin on both my Jpn accounts
But then I realized she's the sucky twin of the pair
Sad

Hoping for ilm/saria/blonia/ryune/fujin/escha/haku on NA tonight!

well, PADx has a discord server now. Like Mantastic's I don't think it will compete with the reddit one in any substantial way.

Also Machine Hera is hard. I thought power creep and a relatively reliable A1 setup would make the dungeon pretty straightforward but stuff hits like a truck. I even blew a stone for trying ALB co-op, which looked pretty straightforward, and after 4 runs we still never made it to the queen herself.

I guess I can try Myr but I'm worried I'll run out of hearts and 99 stam is steep. Seriously considering Moogle just for the low-cd heart generation.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Main:

Hydra (finally a delay for this acct)
Tsubaki (one on both acct now)
Osiris (good leader
Dark Cyberdragon
Silver dupe sold

Alt:

Algedi
Green Swordsman
Green Wee Jas
Griffon Rider

Nothing but gala trash as far as the eye can see on the alt. 3 useful pulls on the main at least.

Still disappointing to get no featured pantheons when there's so many good cards in there I wanted.

Kwhit10

Lackluster GF for me.

Gzl dupe
Cyber beast kakkab dupe
Meimei new
Forestbahn eh
Leona okita never seen this before bleh
Cameo dupe

Ducarmel

Leona okita never seen this before bleh
I remember NA pad wish we had pad battle tournament rem cards back in the day when it was jp exclusive, now we wish they never came over.

I only pulled on my alt for haku or green gala luck getting Liu Bei/Kushi, didn't get them.
Might decide to get into grind mode to farm more stones still got a handful of technicals not done and challenge stones.

jiggle

Main
Haku(3rd)!!!
Urd(2nd)
Avalon drake (4th)
Green Guan yu (2nd)
Chiyome(3rd)
Cinderella (dupe sold)

Alt
Paimon
Cameo (first gemstone!!)
Michael
Artemis
Icarus(2nd)
Sakuya (3rd)
Snow white (dupe sold)

No too bad godfest
Haku continues to elude my alt

Silent_Z

Godfest was weird.

Day 1: Robin Hood, dupe green Wee Jas

Day 2: dupe Red Sonia(had more, sold them, now 2 again), dupe Red Riding Hood, 3rd Leilan

Sonia assist could be nice to have for running revo Haku lead; I could field a team with all 7C assist using 3x Haku, Loki, and Sima Yi.

W-00

Every possible pull on both accounts (it has been a LONG time since I've been out of stones).

Alt got:
Karin (dupe)
Lumiel (Yes!)
Masamune
Satsuki (dupe)
Yo Minazuki (probably the best card from his series, and useful on Meri teams)
DMeta (neat!)
Zuoh (dupe)
Sakuya (dupe)
Sadalmelik (third)
Dragonette
Ivory Dragon
Raijin (well, at least she can unlock a board)
Apollo
Mitsuki

Not what I was hoping for (Haku, Persephone, and Meimei), but at least Dmeta, Lumiel, and Karin all have uses on a DAthena team, whether as members or inherits.

Main got:
Raphael (third)
Hermes (first!)
Phact (dupe)
Karin (first!)
Leilan (first!)
Ur-Chimera (er... first)
Cinderella (dupe)
GZL (third)
Hermes (dupe, now)
Haku (Fourth, so now I can have three Revo and one killer! Awesome!)
Lemon Dragon (aaand sold)
Sitri (first)

Yet another one of those moments when I really wish it was possible to trade monsters between accounts. Not because of Haku (because like I said, my main can use four), but because of Raphael and Hermes, both of which my alt would like to have. A little disappointed that my main didn't roll Meimei, but at least it didn't roll another Sakuya.

Alt.

Amon - New but water box sucks on this account.
Ronove - New and my main has him but never uses him because Krishna.
Perseus - New and could stand in for ALB until I actually get him.

My main rolled everything day 1 in hopes of Loki and then whaled in hopes of another Haku day 2.

Acala - 3rd - Stop
Michael - 2nd
Tsubaki - 3rd
Grimrock - Trash
Grodin - 4th
Saria - 3rd - Great inherit and seems due for a buff.
Green Cyberbeast - New at least
Thor - 3rd
Acala - 4th - Staaaaahhhhp
Henry Boram - Trash
Gadius - 2nd
Shotel - 2nd
Perseus - NEW and Awoken form seems like it could pair with Romia after her buff. I desperately want to use a 7x6 leader that is at least somewhat functional.
Muse - New and possibly good inherit.
Anima - Trash
Ares - 2nd but now can make this one Awoken.
Astaroth - 2nd but good sub potential.
Light Cyberbeast - 2nd
LMeta - 4th
Artemis - 2nd
Henry Boram - Sheeeit
Acala - 5th - FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!
Mitsuki - 2nd
HAKU - 2nd - Mission Accomplished with 3 rolls left. GG REM.

jiggle

Alt.

Amon - New but water box sucks on this account.
Ronove - New and my main has him but never uses him because Krishna.
Perseus - New and could stand in for ALB until I actually get him.

My main rolled everything day 1 in hopes of Loki and then whaled in hopes of another Haku day 2.

Acala - 3rd - Stop
Michael - 2nd
Tsubaki - 3rd
Grimrock - Trash
Grodin - 4th
Saria - 3rd - Great inherit and seems due for a buff.
Green Cyberbeast - New at least
Thor - 3rd
Henry Boram - Trash
Gadius - 2nd
Shotel - 2nd
Perseus - NEW and Awoken form seems like it could pair with Romia after her buff. I desperately want to use a 7x6 leader that is at least somewhat functional.
Muse - New and possibly good inherit.
Anima - Trash
Ares - 2nd but now can make this one Awoken.
Astaroth - 2nd but good sub potential.
Light Cyberbeast - 2nd
LMeta - 4th
Artemis - 2nd
Henry Boram - Sheeeit
Mitsuki - 2nd
HAKU - 2nd - Mission Accomplished with 3 rolls left. GG REM.

That's acalatta acala

Bladelaw

Lots of rolls today
Grodin
Sitri
Griffin Rider
Gamble mage
Angelious
Sasuke
Wee Jas
Leeza
Apollo
Verdandi
Krishna
Phact
Australis
Eschamali
Ares
Sleeping beauty
Ishida
Gamble mage
Artemis
Henry boram
Mei mei

Artemis and Mei mei were the prizes for me.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Spent my stones hoping for Haku, but no Haku to be found.

Snow White
Fuma Kotaro
Fenrir (#5!)
Leilan (#2, oh you.)
Urd
Eschamali

Still got a lot of new monstars, and Eschamali is good in any case. Fenrir just wants to be loved.

W-00

Rolling a second Satsuki on my alt has me thinking about team-building opportunities for her. I was originally thinking Satsuki (lead)/Satsuki (sub)/Sheena/Sheena/Sheena, but even after Sheena's evo her awakenings aren't very good for the team.

Also, I have Barbara, and she'd be good on the team. Between the buffs given by Satsuki and Barbara, the team should be composed of monsters that are either dragons or BOTH machines and attackers. But my alt doesn't have any dark monsters that are both machines and attackers, so I have to just use dragons.

So maybe Satsuki (lead)/Satsuki (sub)/Barbara/Hinomitsuha(Sheena)/Z8(Eschamali). Maybe even inherit my other two Sheenas on the Satsukis. Only 8 SB (enough for Satsuki, or to gamble on Hino) and completely vulnerable to binds, but full SBR (with the friend leader), three hastes, multiple trash-clears, multiple board-changes, an in-built nuke, and a skyfall active. Plus it gives the Satsukis and Barbara something to do, and I probably wasn't going to find anything else to do with them anytime soon.

Negator

Day 2 rolls

Screenshot_20170416-031557.png

Very happy with the results. Got the Haku early and thought I would try for some other stuff.

Got the Eschamali that eluded me for so so long, and got an Acala and verdandis to go with it.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Meimei
Robin Hood
Eschamali

Robin Hood looks like an interesting wood for my Bastet team. Took a huge break from this game. Need so many dub mythlits...

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
day 1
woodbahn
skuld (2nd)
LKali (2nd)
Fuu

day 2
cameo (2nd)
thumbelina (2nd)
dark dragon swordsman
ivory dragon (3rd?)
green michael (2nd) might inherit on itself for revo astaroth
Meimei (6th)

edit:sumire (4th) & green sonia

I was haku hunting today, 10 0 stones left. outlook not good.

W-00

So between a little bit of money left from a gift card, a quest reward, and clearing the last floors of a couple dungeons, I managed to get enough stones for my alt to make three more pulls.

Dragon Samurai (not a great start...)
Sumire (dupe)
Satsuki (third, second today)

Seriously, GungHo, please do something to make Satsuki relevant.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just farmed up some coin dungeons for enough stones for another last minute pull on both accounts.

Basilisk.

Grape Dragon

Fuck this godfest.

Seriously, GungHo, please do something to make Satsuki relevant.

They just added 2 new evos. She's great. Run a Satsuki system.

I pulled 3 satsukis this GF to add to the 2 I already had, RIP

and I still can't beat Machine Hera... I think if I do Myr/A.DQXQ/Saria/Kanna/Kanna I have a shot with a TPA build but it's really, really tough. If it weren't for Sadalmelik it would honestly be easily doable, but he hits too hard without a shield of some sort.

I wish I knew how to farm fire resist latents... I have the Lifive and El Dorados and I'm ready to cheese my way to some cheap victories.

W-00

Which are both considered fairly lackluster due to her still not having a home other than herself (and DKanna, I suppose), which has the problem of...

Don't the blue orbs get depleted if you do a system?

Orb depletion. Being an orb-converter rather than an orb-generator like her tricolor sisters, Satsuki can be orb-trolled/board-changed out of activation, so a Satsuki system just isn't as reliable as the others. Sure, you should be comboing a bunch with her anyways, which should help prevent orb depletion, but orb-troll is still a problem.

If Satsuki's D/L form at least had the Devil subtype she'd be useful on a lot more teams. It was a huge troll to restrict that to her leader form.

Bladelaw

I pulled 3 satsukis this GF to add to the 2 I already had, RIP

and I still can't beat Machine Hera... I think if I do Myr/A.DQXQ/Saria/Kanna/Kanna I have a shot with a TPA build but it's really, really tough. If it weren't for Sadalmelik it would honestly be easily doable, but he hits too hard without a shield of some sort.

I wish I knew how to farm fire resist latents... I have the Lifive and El Dorados and I'm ready to cheese my way to some cheap victories.

For Machine Hera, if you want I can slide Fujin on Myr, you'll need to find a stall point to make sure she's up in time for Sadalamek but I think it's doable on the first three floors if you can keep heart crossing.

To farm fire resists just spam the 5x4 Hera-Ur dungeon when it pops. Otherwise, latents are 1/2 off now in the MP shop. I'm considering picking up some SDR (the invade rate this last event seemed way worse than usual). I should still have enough MP for Dathena if I'm just looking to SDR some leads.

Aesnath

Like everyone else, a lot of rolls. I decided to roll saved stones day one (my birthday) and then use purchased stones (60) the next day. The results were odd.

Day 1
1. Vishnu (pretty cool, don't have one, could work on ruel)
2. Red pad tournament guy (3rd, have sold them all)
3. Typhon (nice, didn't have one...not sure how to use him anymore, however)
4. Black dragon 4* (gah, sold)
5. Ruel (#2, inherit, I guess. Wish my wife or daughter had drawn it)

Overall, day one was OK. I've wanted typhon for a while, but now, he seems less relevant. I don't think he's strong enough to replace anything on gremory, and I'm not sure if it is worth the trouble to prepare a Anatyphon team. I suppose some number of satsuki would work well on an anatypnon team, so there is that. Vishnu seems solid, but, honestly doesn't fix my ruel RCV issues.

Day 2
1. Perseus (dupe, I'm basically always happy to have heroes, even if I already have them)
2. Tsubaki (#3, the first two were great, but now we are at diminishing returns, I guess I'll make a leader ult?)
3. Verdandi (new, but of questionable value)
4. Avalon Drake (new, but not sure what to do with it. Dual boardchangers are nice, I suppose. I think I may have collected the whole PADZ pantheon)
5. Red riding hood (I guess I don't sell, but I want to)
6. Kurone (Just...why)
7. Zeta hydra (#2, but, honestly, it is useful enough it should have a use)
8. Red Wisdom King (#2...really feels like an odd pull, but at least inheritable true gravity has use; not everything does)
9. Green Sonia (dupe, why couldn't you be blue?? OK inherit for ruel, I guess)
10. Sherias (dupe, sold)
11. Kaede (dupe...and I have no clue what to do with this or the first one)
12. Green Cyberdragon (CRAP)
13. Sylph (Gah, why did I bother farming stones for this!)

So, I was really hoping for anything out of the celestial pantheon or Artemis or Hermes; I did not draw a single thing from either featured pantheon. I actually rolled pretty well overall (3 six stars across both days), but not much helps teams I actually run. If I just didn't care about RCV, I could run Ruel/Kaede/Kaede/Vishnu/Perseus for my ruel team and inherit board changers over everything. Doesn't seem like a great plan.

Also, I missed when the new event started so, I missed out on my chance to get the last fire latent I needed for the cheese team from hera-ur 5x4. So that sucks.

Acala - 3rd - Stop

Acceptable Acala Accumulation.

Just farmed up some coin dungeons for enough stones for another last minute pull on both accounts.

Basilisk.

Grape Dragon

Fuck this godfest.

Yeah, those rolls hurt me from over here.

Also, Satsuki as a sub is great, but she has so few homes, and, as others have mentioned, there is a major diminishing returns effect on multiples of her active.

So, as far as I can tell, you have two routes. PreDRA guerilla is obvious, which is today, but, man, you'd have to run countless times to get enough fire latents. Hera-ur 5x4 coin has them invade, but it is a bit slow, and not available currently. I think most people use the coin dungeon.

I may actually buy the last damn one I need. Their 1/2 off and I can just pretend that sherias popped out as a fire latent. I'd have been happier if it had.

Satsuki has a decent place on a Revo Haku team since 4 TPAs and her active combos with Haku's active for 2/3 dark, 1/3 fire board in case Haku doesn't give you enough dark. Revo Haku's leader multiplier is pretty low but I'm excited to try her in coop for the bigger HP pool.

bjork

Is there any cause for me to sit on 3 Meris? Like, is there ever a team build that would call for 3 of her? You'd need someone who could generate dark and heal orbs to really get the most out of her special(s), but I don't know who that would be.

(edit - fwiw, the team I'm using is a Meri friend captain with Meri/Skuld/Sitri/Nut and New Year's Amaterasu for her bind resists, seems to work okay in creating a full board if all my specials are ready)

Bladelaw

Ok with the second Mei Mei I think I can build a near optimal Ruel team.

Ruel
RMeiMei
RMeiMei
Vishnu
Attacker Grodin

Oddly enough Odin Dragon, Light Lance Form would be a solid fit here. Covers RCV, full bind clear, 7 combo awakening. Pretty much the perfect bind clear sub. Vishnu would hold a delay or Indra depending on the dungeon, and Ruel would hold Ishida. onle of the Mei Meis could hold an orochi too.

Depending on my monster point situation when Ruel hits US I may just say screw Dathena and get Odin Dragon.

Aesnath

Is there any cause for me to sit on 3 Meris? Like, is there ever a team build that would call for 3 of her? You'd need someone who could generate dark and heal orbs to really get the most out of her special(s), but I don't know who that would be.

(edit - fwiw, the team I'm using is a Meri friend captain with Meri/Skuld/Sitri/Nut and New Year's Amaterasu for her bind resists, seems to work okay in creating a full board if all my specials are ready)

Well, keeping two is easy. Inherit one on top of the other for bonus stats and a skill-delay buffer. I'm not sure of when I would run the third, but she isn't a bad sub for herself, and her active is good enough it may warrant inheriting it over something else at time.

Another point is that gungho seems to like this pantheon as a special-occasions type of thing, which means I wouldn't rule out future buffs or a split ult that could make you regret selling such a rare and powerful card.

On the other hand, it also depends on what you want the MP for. If whatever you are planning on buying will make a notable difference for you currently, it might be worth doing. If you are doing it just to do it, I would not.

As for NY Amaterasu, she is probably fine for now, as she gives you a bind clear and something with double skill bind awakenings. Going forward, you'll be better served by a primary blue sub that fills those roles if you get one.

Like all REM cards there is always a chance they will get a new form later on where multiples are highly desired. See Revo Haku.

Considering she's a 6* and from the 10 stone machine you aren't likely to run into more of her randomly in the future so I'd keep them all.

Ok with the second Mei Mei I think I can build a near optimal Ruel team.

Ruel
RMeiMei
RMeiMei
Vishnu
Attacker Grodin

Hmm, I just realized I'm in the same boat pretty much. I'd probably go with Revo Meimei x2, Vishnu, and Awoken/Revo Artemis. Only problem is no unbindable dark attribute to guarantee activation but I could always sub in Revo Astaroth if it was a problem.

Negator

Only issue with running 2 Meri in a team is SBR issues.

I have the same issue if I want to run Blodins, you would need two 2SBR subs in the team.

W-00

Given your team, I would inherit a Meri on top of Meri (for SDR and stats) and Nut (because Meri's active will usually be more useful).

Bladelaw

I've still never used inherits, but it's best if they're maxed before you use them as an assist, yeah?

Leveling helps with the inherited stats. in this case you don't want to skill up the inherted Meri since you want as large and SDR buffer as possible.

Aesnath

I've still never used inherits, but it's best if they're maxed before you use them as an assist, yeah?

You can always level them after you stick them as an assist. Used to be they had to be max level. No such need now. I would go ahead and stick assists you want on, level them in the meantime. If it is off color (like Red Urd), leveling doesn't even matter.

W-00

Cleared everything but floor 9. Meri (coop) did the job for everything but the Radra floor.

I had to change the inherits on my Meris to deal with floor 10. A, Hades on my main's and Balboa on my alt's. Fortunately nothing in there (that wasn't in a rage zone) was capable of one-shotting me, so I could stall as long as I wanted. I just had to wait for Hades and Balboa to be up and for neither of the enemies to have their 75% shield up. Then I popped Hades, made some water orbs, popped Balboa, and the enemies died.

I've never actually managed to get past Lucifer - my combo game just isn't strong enough. I'm thinking of trying Myr for the in-built time extention, but... do you need to have all elements on the team to do enough damage? My Myr teams lack full-color coverage.

I didn't get anything of note this Godfest other than an Urd and a second Sumire. But I rolled a Krishna and a Gabriel for my Rank redos the other day, so life isn't so bad. I just wish that my Fire box wasn't so weak.

Also, I'm super happy Amon and Satsuki got new evos to make 'em useful again. Amon was my very first roll. I stuck with him because I was ignorant to the practice of re-rolling, so I feel like me and my owly demon friend have been through a lot together. He's been on all my water teams all this time, but Curse of the Ice was very situational, so I'm pleased about the handy new active. Also, Satsuki was the first roll I got that was worth a damn, and when she fell out of favour, I didn't have the heart to sell her. So it's nice to have her back in business.

Bladelaw

I really hope more events do the extra SDR invades during predras. 14 runs yielded 5 SDR latents.

I'm trying to think of a good latent setup for Ruel. Her RCV issues are well documented at this point so my solution is to run Revo Astaroth with a 3/2 RCV/SDR setup. She has over 1k RCV on her own and fully plussed the team should break 3k RCV, especially if I go nuts and buy Odin Dragon. The current plan is to run Ruel (Ras), Revo Mei Mei, Revo Mei Mei(Indra/Susano), Revo Artemis (Gronia), Revo Astaroth.

Given Ruel's no skyfall clause I don't feel near as pressured into bringing Fujin along which frees up an inherit slot.

Top Bottom