• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Silent_Z

Anyone got any strategies to challenge mode the higher end normals? I actually haven't tried them yet, but it seems like doing several million damage on a 10x or less without ideal subs could be pretty hard.

I did Heroes, Hera, and Starlight Sanctuary with Anaphon, as many anaphon friends as I could find, and a Sumire or 2 to round things out

Legendary Earth was R.Odin, R.Odin friends, and a Goemon to get the last floor. Think I did the same for Seaway.

Heart crosses are great for challenge mode normals because there are no preempts to eat your cross

Yomidra with a team of all Yomidra friends has done well enough on technicals but I haven't gotten to the Alt dungeons yet

Ronove and Meri ate through the last few normals. Ronove is extra useful since I can use my entire friends list for the rainbow coverage and pick and choose which inherits I want.

Somewhat worried about KotG but I think I should be able to manage.

Thankfully lots of people put steroids on their leads, which helps with the boss floors.

Bladelaw

Anyone got any strategies to challenge mode the higher end normals? I actually haven't tried them yet, but it seems like doing several million damage on a 10x or less without ideal subs could be pretty hard.

You have a couple options depending on your box. What worked well for me was Kaede x5 and 1 verdandi. You need 1 heart cross to start the slaughter then just prong greens for the rest of the dungeon. This took me through all the high end normal dungeons (including Legendary Earth).

Almost any color cross lead can work since you only really need a burst on the boss floor. Kenshin/Aizen lead with almost any support works. Kenshin and a team full of Ilm is devastating.

Revo Shiva leading a team of Revo Haku should work if you can reliably 7 combo. You can always bring along a burst active too. Dkanna, Freyja, and Durga are all usually available on a friend list.

Aesnath

Ronove and Meri ate through the last few normals. Ronove is extra useful since I can use my entire friends list for the rainbow coverage and pick and choose which inherits I want.

Somewhat worried about KotG but I think I should be able to manage.

Thankfully lots of people put steroids on their leads, which helps with the boss floors.

I beat KOG pretty easily with R. Minerva, a couple of lead tsubakis, a baldin (for his godkiller and spike) and two of the bleach red row guy.

Everyone else, thanks for the suggestions. One of the things that seems fun about the zero stamina normals is that it really encourages experimentation. I bet the game really doesn't need a stamina system--the gatcha is already likely to be a sufficient source of funds.

Bladelaw

I beat KOG pretty easily with R. Minerva, a couple of lead tsubakis, a baldin (for his godkiller and spike) and two of the bleach red row guy.

Everyone else, thanks for the suggestions. One of the things that seems fun about the zero stamina normals is that it really encourages experimentation. I bet the game really doesn't need a stamina system--the gatcha is already likely to be a sufficient source of funds.

Honestly 0 stam normals have given me a strong reminder that I probably wouldn't stop playing if it weren't for stamina cost. Yesterday I ranked up, cleared challenges, ranked up, cleared Water Cat and Voltron, Ranked up, burned stam on arena, etc.

I definitely appreciate 0 stam, but I'm patiently waiting for the global change to 2-minute stamina cooldown. It will surely hit the game before D.Athena comes to NA.

4x specials and 4x arena were probably "worth" more to me in the sense that I could farm actually useful dungeons with effectively infinite stamina.

I saw an idea on reddit that I liked, having "practice" versions of the special/tech dungeons with no stamina cost and no rewards/exp/pal points so you can try out team ideas without wasting the equivalent of several hours of stamina. I know that it would somewhat defeat the purpose of stamina in the first place, which is to attach a risk to the gameplay, but it would make my life much easier :(

Jagernaut

Use a spike sub on the boss and your highest atk lead. Aizen (dont have one myself) can do 24x atk by himself with 2 crosses. I used Saito lead with hyper R Haku,A Pandora, Super Yomi Dragon, Eschamalli, and D Kanna subs to beat Legendary Seaway on challenge mode. Saito does 18x atk with skill use and 2 crosses.

This is dependent on having strong cards on your friends list.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The harder challenge mode normals are literally impossible for me with the sub pool I have to choose from.

Aesnath

Just beat legendary earth with DK Tsubaki as the lead, R. Shiva (for defense break), two lead tsubakis, baldin, and ilm. Popped R. Shiva first floor, used a tsubaki each on floor 2, 3, and 4, Ilm and shiva were up on last floor, made sparkles plus two two prongs to kill.

Wonder if it will work for Seaway. Hmm...

honestly DK tsubaki still feels really broken

like really really broken, I can hit only the first multiplier with Ilm/ReMinerva and wipe a lot of dragon floors... and dragon types feel like they're at least 1/3 of the game's enemies. D.Kali in Arena is nothing with a DK Tsubaki on the team.

I'm glad I have 7 🐋

I definitely appreciate 0 stam, but I'm patiently waiting for the global change to 2-minute stamina cooldown. It will surely hit the game before D.Athena comes to NA.
JPN already has 2 minute stamina?

I'm not sure it'll be that useful to me since I'm usually letting my stamina bar run full these days. The 10 minute to 3 minute stamina change was so significant but 3 to 2 seems kinda meh.

Silent_Z

honestly DK tsubaki still feels really broken

like really really broken, I can hit only the first multiplier with Ilm/ReMinerva and wipe a lot of dragon floors... and dragon types feel like they're at least 1/3 of the game's enemies. D.Kali in Arena is nothing with a DK Tsubaki on the team.

I'm glad I have 7 🐋

Then there's the time that I brought my RMinerva team with DK Tsubaki into a one shot challenge blind

Ripped through every floor up until the boss

Hera Dragon spawned. RIP

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just realized, after doing the dragon dungeon today. And with Nordis coming tomorrow, I'll have all the cards needed to evolve Myr. ^_^

Jaruru

Just beat lvl 7 at "white snake" dungeon (JP server)
this dungeon is definitely more challenging than what we usually have (lvl 1-10)
requires you to do 9 or 10 combo -_-

Good luck when it comes to US

W-00

Ah, now I remember why I didn't finish clearing out Challenge Mode earlier: Constantly reselecting your team is so freakin' tedious.

Somebody please tell me that there's an option like "If available, always use these friend leaders" and I've just been missing it. Please.

Aesnath

Ah, now I remember why I didn't finish clearing out Challenge Mode earlier: Constantly reselecting your team is so freakin' tedious.

Somebody please tell me that there's an option like "If available, always use these friend leaders" and I've just been missing it. Please.

Overall, challenge mode is just kind of a chore. Probably why they are torpedoing its current form.

Like, if I'm going to just have one leaderskill, why can't I just use my subs?

wow, I know I'm super late to the party but yomidra is STRONG

with this team a 1-combo can just annihilate most floors. And with a Cameo spike doing x4.9 (I think I'm doing the math right with 13 OEs?) and Haku's 7c awakening on a Haku -> Akechi board it's just wrong.

Apparently the team has 7s to move but it feels like 2.

I need to skill up my YomiDra, Cameo, and Eschamali and then I will try A1 and see if it's quicker/more reliable than Ilm/Minerva.

jiggle

voltron free roll
main: allura
alt: allura

read that she's good
but would've preferred Hank as a struggle ilmina for Ilm team

actually wouldn't mind getting this collab in jpn
odds of getting hank is probably higher than ilmina lol

Quantum

Why does padx show D.Athena in the "Recently Updated Cards" list. as of 4/26/17?

since I get most of my news from that site still and that is the category I generally look at to see whats live - I was pretty excited until checking the actual game.

(would be interesting if lack of voltron interest has pushed Gungho to consider a stealth release)

edit: Datamined in the KR server last night, they have been added to the EU line up, so should come to us on 1st of May. (credit via reddit given to Unkown_PC)

J0dy77

It's ironic, we finally get 0 stamina normals and I've been capped at full stamina and only playing for a few minutes a day since Monday. The voltron let down and lack of D. Athena pushed me over the edge.

Aesnath

Well, I wonder what people will complain about after D. Athena?

I finally challenge mode'd all of the normals--went with the sub tsubaki lead for the dragon twins, R. Minerva for Hera, and Meri for two heroes. Now, I just need to level 100 everything by abusing legendary earth.

Quantum

It's ironic, we finally get 0 stamina normals and I've been capped at full stamina and only playing for a few minutes a day since Monday. The voltron let down and lack of D. Athena pushed me over the edge.

I've had some free time and made a push button earth team, I have been diligently leveling a ton of cards - its mindless, but I am definitely taking advantage of it. I've been burning the rank stamina on super dungeons for more stamina - I probably should burn it on tamas or evos as previously suggested, but it feels good to see everything leveled.

I get so few metal or gold mobs though - I've basically finished red and now off color feeding red to dark.

as long as there is discordance between the the servers and people are paying actual money there are plenty of things to complain about.

this is made only more apparent when seasonal gatchas or money grab REMS are translated almost synchronously

J0dy77

I finally challenge mode'd all of the normals--went with the sub tsubaki lead for the dragon twins, R. Minerva for Hera, and Meri for two heroes. Now, I just need to level 100 everything by abusing legendary earth.

Revo Kush obviously. ;)

Bladelaw

ok so today is going to be a blitz of doing int masks for 2 revo mei meis and revo persephone followed by legendary earth until they're capped. After that It's super kings. Allura actually makes a decent guard break sub if you lack Gvalk. It's not like the team is missing damage otherwise.

How soon after the introduction of Guard Break did JP get the 100% version?

I'll be running Dathena (Fujin), RHaku (Ryune or Blonia), Rhaku (DKali?), RHaku (Indra), Allura (Facet). I'll be looking for friends with a bind clear inherit I think. Depends on how things shake out.

I guess that means I'm not buying Odin Dragon which is probably for the best.

Aesnath

i don't get it
if dathena was gonna be so soon
why didn't they just announce it on the stream?

Gotta be weird JP restrictions. Also, possibly to not step on the toes of Voltron, seeing as the collab was pretty disappointing. Don't want to be "New thing, hype!" and then "Oh, better thing as well."

Bladelaw

i don't get it
if dathena was gonna be so soon
why didn't they just announce it on the stream?

There's no guarantee it's showing up soon. Lots of indicators though. It could even be in response to all the NA whining. If they didn't announce it on stream then they certainly weren't allowed to say anything otherwise I'm sure they would have ended with a tease at least to soften the Voltron blow.

Kwhit10

I only have 1 ceres, but I'm thinking to devolve from awoken to get the full heal and bind clear as an inherit which I think I might get more use than Revo ceres. Something I'm missing with this?

Bladelaw

I only have 1 ceres, but I'm thinking to devolve from awoken to get the full heal and bind clear as an inherit which I think I might get more use than Revo ceres. Something I'm missing with this?

IMO if you plan on using Ceres as an inherit and don't have non-awoken Amaterasu I'd keep her in her non-awoken form, there's plenty of farming applications and silly high HP teams (Mathena, Revo Astaroth, Voltron) that can use the full heal. If you plan on using her as a sub then I'd go all the way and revo her. The 30% heal is still useful and the only time you get bound for substantially more than 3 turns is if you screwed up an enemy's mechanics. Also the lower cooldown allows you to inherit something on her reincarnated form.

Well,my free Voltron roll was Keith and my yolo roll was Coran, so things went as well as I could have hoped for this collab.

I'm grinding steadily along for this 0 Stamina event. I'm planning to be at least rank 480 by the end of it.I hope I reach rank 500 before the roll gets reset.

Jagernaut

wow, I know I'm super late to the party but yomidra is STRONG

with this team a 1-combo can just annihilate most floors. And with a Cameo spike doing x4.9 (I think I'm doing the math right with 13 OEs?) and Haku's 7c awakening on a Haku -> Akechi board it's just wrong.

Apparently the team has 7s to move but it feels like 2.

I need to skill up my YomiDra, Cameo, and Eschamali and then I will try A1 and see if it's quicker/more reliable than Ilm/Minerva.

Super Yomi Dragon is great. I run a similar team but with D/L Castor&Pollux.

R Haku
D/L Akechi
R Persephone
D/L Castor&Pollux

3 light orb awakenings mean there are usually some enhanced light orbs on the board so I can use a 5 match of light to take out lesser monsters and even avoid dark absorb while still doing damage.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Would it be alright to get some suggestions on this box? Basically suggestions on what teams to build and also, what type of friend units to look for.

YBcLCZ8.jpg

NQbuWpm.jpg

e87SOjy.jpg

1gyCiXw.jpg

Thank you!

W-00

I don't recognize all of your monsters and it's a bit hard to evaluate your box with that ordering, but a few things jump out:

Australis: Australis is a viable partner for ALB for most farming purposes. Get yourself some Zeus-Dioses and skill them up.
Persephone: Revo her and she'll be a viable partner (or sub) for DAthena when she comes over. Sima Yi and Okuninushi (preferably Awoken) are also good DAthena/R.Persephone subs. From what is visible, I'd round out the team with Karin and Alrescha. They aren't ideal, but they can fill in until you get something better.

Do you by any chance have a Ruel and she's just not in the screens you've shown us? Because you have a few cards that would be good for Ruel's upcoming split-evo: Astaroth, Meimei, Gronia (as an inherit).

And I believe you're already using Meri, so I won't go into her.

^^^ to add, if you don't have the MP for Dark Athena when she's apparently out this weekend, Reincarnated Persephone is a reasonable lead to pair with her... but I'm not seeing many dark cards that would make a potential team :/

Balboa is quite strong and easy when paired with Awoken or the upcoming Reincarnated Artemis, just match green TPAs and water and away you go.

Quantum

numbers:

so far I've gained approximately 13,357,256 experience farming 0 stamina LEarth.

I have registered approximately 1490 days played.

so far the zero normal experience I've gained represents 7.3% of my total experience

in the last 3 days I've gained the experience I have over the previous 109.4 days (assuming average daily exp gain/time)

- I have never really farmed rank
- I can't calculate how many times I've run the level because I switched from an inital button team which included Rodin and beach goemon and switched to Ganesha and beach goemon.
- total runs are between 361 - 534 times

- this is way more playing than I was doing when I was totally hyped for the game.
- mixed feelings, but created 6 Revos so far.

numbers...

W-00

This was a productive PAD day for me. Revo'd Leilan on my alt and finally got around to Awakening Kagutsuchi on my main (followed immediately by Revo'ing it as well). I also finished off Challenge Mode for the last normal dungeons on my main. Now it just has a few technicals left. I still have... 26(!) normal dungeon Challenge Modes left on my alt, and all the technicals. That's going to be really tedious, but at least it's a lot of stones.

The Trap Carnival ends tomorrow. What do you suppose the odds are we'll find out the contents of the month-end GF before the Carnival ends?

ATTENTION: Set your DAthena alert to "HAPPENING" because IT'S HAPPENING!!!

At least for EU.

yay it's basically confirmed for us as well, I expect the NA page with the same content on Sunday 3 hours before her release.

also the month-long MP gifts were confirmed:
Alfonso Esquivel YES MY god life I HAVE THE TEAM READY NOW JUST NEED TO FARM 200K MORE MP LOL

Puzzle & Dragons Europe Did you notice we're giving out a ton of MP throughout May? This is not a coincidence! :)

Talking about Legendary earth. Does someone have a better guide than https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/legendaryearth ? Because that guide clearly doesn't understand what super poverty builds mean.

A single defense null and a DK Tsubaki with a red lead should be enough. Some of their NIAP monsters are good. I can't really speak to a genuine poverty team as I've found that my Meri team with a GAF friends' Ganesha and a Balboa powers through it.

jiggle

Talking about Legendary earth. Does someone have a better guide than https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/legendaryearth ? Because that guide clearly doesn't understand what super poverty builds mean.

Helped a friend put together this
Only 1 REM required

Goemon - balboa - flex sub - flex sub - flex sub - genryusai
Mass attack badge

F1 - balboa, 1 match
F2 - 1 match
F3 - 1 match
F4 - 1 match
F5 - goemon + genryusai, swipe

Flex subs need to provide enough skill boosts to have balboa skill up turn 1, and goemon skill up turn 5
Preferably, but not necessary, be additional fire cards
Subs that cover all elements will make floor 1-4 even more mindless

Fiend didn't have tsubaki nor ran with any fire subs
But apparently goemon + genryusai provided enough damage?
Didn't even need to add in a fire orb enhance assist

Haven't played much pad besides logging in for a few months now. Dathena might be my last rodeo with this fine game but if it is I will go out in style. I always wanted a dark TPA team.

My team

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thanks for the suggestions guys, she'll appreciate it! We're still trying to get better.

Also, if we get the same care package the EU servers are getting with the daily dungeon for 5555 Monster points for 31 days. I'll be 20000 MP short of D.Athena. So, I'll probably be selling a card or two. LOL.

Kwhit10

IMO if you plan on using Ceres as an inherit and don't have non-awoken Amaterasu I'd keep her in her non-awoken form, there's plenty of farming applications and silly high HP teams (Mathena, Revo Astaroth, Voltron) that can use the full heal. If you plan on using her as a sub then I'd go all the way and revo her. The 30% heal is still useful and the only time you get bound for substantially more than 3 turns is if you screwed up an enemy's mechanics. Also the lower cooldown allows you to inherit something on her reincarnated form.

Thanks I'll probably not Revo her. If the Revo was healer she'd be good for Revo kush but she isnt.

Aesnath

Well, I'm happy for everyone pining for the dark lady of TPA. I might try her out with R. Persephone occasionally.

It also looks like we'll be getting Heroine Uevos soon, which means Meri does even more damage, so that should be fun.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/get-daily-magic-stones-monster-points-and-more/1643400069021912/

Oh god.. OH GOD! It's happening and I never imagined a mobile game would have me this excited. I recently got a PS4, Horizon: ZD and a 65" 4K tv and THIS is all I'm hyped to play right now. So many TAMAs, so many MP, so many stone, basically free coin dungeons for MORE TAMAs, daily radar dungeons, Heroine Evos.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

It's 6am and I'm at work and should be doing work stuff but I CAN'T. FUCKING. WAIT!

cYanmPn.gif

Top Bottom