• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jagernaut

I'm still not sure about buying D Athena. I could make a team of 2 R Haku (1 is still D/R right now), R Persephone, and R Loki. For the recommended inherits I only have R Orochi. No Indra, Lumiel, or gemstones.

hermit7

I'm still not sure about buying D Athena. I could make a team of 2 R Haku (1 is still D/R right now), R Persephone, and R Loki. For the recommended inherits I only have R Orochi. No Indra, Lumiel, or gemstones.

Ideal gemstone for her? I have those as options for inherits, but the only gemstone I have is Cameo who seems bad.

The only gemstone I don't have is Facet but I will have DA immediately hypered and can put a Carat on her up for friends if necessary. Whew maybe now I can have the confidence to clear A2.

I haven't played a TPA-based team since Verdumbdi, and my Myr + 2 Kannas experiment was a bust

Glad DAthena is finally coming. I haven't been playing much recently, busy with real life and not interested in farming or grinding. I need to farm a little MP on my alt but I should have her day 1.

b33r

I'm still debating buying her, I'm close in mp, but such a steep price. I'm not sure she can take me any farther than Aizen already can.

That being said, if they don't announce new mp cards I might buy her when I get the rest of the mp.

Jagernaut

I'm still debating buying her, I'm close in mp, but such a steep price. I'm not sure she can take me any farther than Aizen already can.

That being said, if they don't announce new mp cards I might buy her when I get the rest of the mp.

I have over 1.1 million mp saved but I'm still unsure about spending 750k on DAthena (390k still in mail). They'll probably release a more attractive card right after I buy her.

Edit. I'm mostly non-iap and have already bought Yomi Dragon and You Yu.

Aesnath

Yeah...I'm a bit concerned that we are in a powercreep "climb" right now, so top of the meta may look very different relatively soon. I've also seen on Reddit some people suggesting that a new batch of MP cards may be around the corner.

Recently, I realized that I would be 23 MP short of D.Athena at the end of this last round of MP stimulus, so I was thinking a bit about her. Notably, I don't have any ideal subs (..I could run dark chester for SBR, that would work right?), nor am I at the point where I feel like trying to run A3 (still haven't really tried A1). On the other hand, it is hard not to feel a bit left out.

W-00

I'm planning on holding off on DAthena until at least the end of May. The free MP (5,555 per day) will let me buy her on both accounts without selling anything, and it will give me a bit of time to wait and see if we really are in a meta-climb.

Of course, even then I'm not sure that I'll buy her. I could build a near-ideal team on my main (I have three R. Haku, Persephone, and Durga as possible subs and Lumiel, Indra, Ryune, 3xPandora, A. Orochi, and Zeta-Hydra as possible inherits). The only things the team would lack would be a Gemstone and Fujin. The best bursts on my main that would fit the team are Neptune and Ceres Regalia Mari, but those may be good enough.

The problem is my alt. It has some good inherits for the team (Lumiel, Ryune, A. Freyja), but basically no actual members of the team. No Haku, no Persephone, no double-SBR dark monster. I mostly play self-coop these days, so I'm not sure that I want to buy a monster that only one of my teams will be able to use.

I'm hoping we'll get a good GF during a Dark Gala soon. And hopefully my alt's luck will be better than it was during the last GF.

jiggle

I have over 1.1 million mp saved but I'm still unsure about spending 750k on DAthena (390k still in mail). They'll probably release a more attractive card right after I buy her.

Edit. I'm mostly non-iap and have already bought Yomi Dragon and You Yu.
After this MP event
There's another free 150k coming
No reason to save!

Jagernaut

With this announced I am going to pull the trigger. Need some plus eggs, but that should be relatively easy I hope to get.

Need like 400 or so total which isn't too bad.

I have 6 hyper placeholder cards and plenty of badpys so I could hyper DAthena, and the rest of the team that is not plussed, immediately if I buy her.

Bladelaw

Well that was a shitload of farming. Bouncing between Legendary Earth and Super Emeralds between rank ups I managed to max level 5 Reincarnations. I'm probably done doing that.

I'm probably getting Dathena ASAP. My current goal is coliseum and I think she'll be my most consistent way through that.

Spoit

Helped a friend put together this
Only 1 REM required

Goemon - balboa - flex sub - flex sub - flex sub - genryusai
Mass attack badge

F1 - balboa, 1 match
F2 - 1 match
F3 - 1 match
F4 - 1 match
F5 - goemon + genryusai, swipe

Flex subs need to provide enough skill boosts to have balboa skill up turn 1, and goemon skill up turn 5
Preferably, but not necessary, be additional fire cards
Subs that cover all elements will make floor 1-4 even more mindless

Fiend didn't have tsubaki nor ran with any fire subs
But apparently goemon + genryusai provided enough damage?
Didn't even need to add in a fire orb enhance assist
Thanks, that team worked out great for me. You don't even need balboa, the free droiddragon is a def void, and if you py him up, you only need the 9 more skillups among the 3 other subs (8 if you have summer goemon)

BondFancy

Thanks, that team worked out great for me. You don't even need balboa, the free droiddragon is a def void, and if you py him up, you only need the 9 more skillups among the 3 other subs (8 if you have summer goemon)

If you are a whale like me here was my Goemon + Ganesha team I have been using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S80g5e0hKAU

Also, very excited for DAthena, I have all of the inherits and almost a perfect team.

DAthena/RHaku/RHaku/RLoki/RPersephone/Dathena
Orochi/Famiel/Indra/Carat/Ryune/Fujin

yami4ct

So, this MP event is almost gonna cap me on MP. Hmmmmmmmm. Spending it on D.Ath seems short sighted since I already have a great Aizen team and a very very good Kush team for when she hits. Hmmmmmmm. I honestly have no clue what my move is here given the MP shop hasn't really be that hot for a good while for me.

BondFancy

So, this MP event is almost gonna cap me on MP. Hmmmmmmmm. Spending it on D.Ath seems short sighted since I already have a great Aizen team and a very very good Kush team for when she hits. Hmmmmmmm. I honestly have no clue what my move is here given the MP shop hasn't really be that hot for a good while for me.
They are increasing that cap pretty soon. You could just buy pi's or something. You also get sent it in the mail, so you don't have to open them.

W-00

Eldora officially confirmed for NA.

Finally some resolution on this nonsense.

At last, the madness ends... I wonder what the chat on the next stream will be like.

Revo. Kushinadahime when.

Next overpowered potential JP-exclusive when.

EDIT: Dang, Gala of Flame coming up. I was hoping for Midnight Gala. Unless the pantheons in the end-of-month GF are incredibly awesome (and I have a hard time imagining a line-up that could be more desirable than the last one), looks like I'll be sitting out.

yami4ct

Yeah. That's all a fairly good option. I think my best bet is maybe to buy YomiDra. She'd be a decent situational sub for my Aizen team and might be a solution to my upcoming Reincarnated Kush problem, I need a card to replace one of the Haku since I only have 2+B. Valk. I could run R. Valk or Reincarnated Loki, but YomiDra has at least some utility in that case.

I guess maybe I should ask the question, what's the best way to fill that slot if you only have 2 Haku? I don't have the ShinBansho 5*, Genbu or D. Valk either.

jiggle

Monster hunter, the latest 10stone gacha
More interested in the free human dress up dolls tbh

edit: another free 300k MP for the month of may in JPN
so that's 450k MP for NA in the future
around 600k MP total including this upcoming event

Aesnath

I'm going to be really sad to see 0 stamina normals end. I've leveled so many things. And I'm rank 499...I may never rank again (it takes soooo much xp).

Godfest was announced. All GFE, seems pretty lame.

W-00

Yeeeep, that's an easy pass. It might be time to start saving for PCGF.

I know, PCGF is normally considered a trap for players who have been around a while, but with all the upcoming changes to the meta it seems likely that we'll be seeing fewer 6* that usual while there should be plenty of desirable 5* cards in the pool. Haku and Kushi will definitely be returning, and we'll probably also see cards like Persephone, Loki, Meimei, and Astaroth showing up.

Bladelaw

I know, PCGF is normally considered a trap for players who have been around a while, but with all the upcoming changes to the meta it seems likely that we'll be seeing fewer 6* that usual while there should be plenty of desirable 5* cards in the pool. Haku and Kushi will definitely be returning, and we'll probably also see cards like Persephone, Loki, Meimei, and Astaroth showing up.

I wonder is Ruel will make it in. I mean Rozuel made it solely on the strength of being a perfect Ronove sub. Ruel is a budget Dathena.

I guess I'm fortunate that I'm not too interested in most of what's left in the pool. I'm still looking for Dmeta and Kanna but I'm close to giving up hope. At least in both cases I have workable alternatives to keep me rolling.

Quantum

I don't have the optimal gemstone inherent but I do have A.Ichigo which I plan to use on R.loki on a D.Athena team

The boost would be as strong if not stronger than any of the gemstones, but I never see it mentioned in any of the optimal build teams - is it because its a rare card? (certainly not rarer than the gemstones)

My alt team is not as powerful at my main (no haku versus all haku) but I still am going to pick up D.Ath on both accounts because I have the MP, don't really have anything else to work towards, would like a stable A3 farming team.

I'm still a bit unhappy with the communication from Gungho, this Voltron stream then "stealth" release of D.Ath has removed all credibility from the US server stream/staff. As I do like the game I'm sure it will get me to spend more in the future, but given the lack of consistency and clarity of recently provided communications, this game is again strictly non-iap.

I'm going to be really sad to see 0 stamina normals end. I've leveled so many things. And I'm rank 499...I may never rank again (it takes soooo much xp).

I've really enjoyed the 0 Stamina too, have gotten 23 ranks so far - which after rank 600 is something I'd never do in regular play

W-00

I wonder is Ruel will make it in. I mean Rozuel made it solely on the strength of being a perfect Ronove sub. Ruel is a budget Dathena.

I consider it a near-certainty, which was why I mentioned Meimei, an ideal Ruel sub.

Given what we know about the upcoming meta, I suspect that the PCGF lineup will be something like (in no particular order):

1. Haku
2. Kushinadahime
3. Fujin
4. Loki
5. Persephone
6. Astaroth
7. Meimei
8. Ishida Mitsunari
9. Ruel
10. Ronove
11. Rozuel
12. Isis
13. DKali
14. Liu Bei
15. Ryune
16. Indra
17. Kanna
18. Grodin
19. Kaede
20. Ganesha

There's probably more than a little bit of wishful thinking in there on my part (especially regarding Ishida), but I don't think it's a bad list.

Other cards I consider likely contenders: Sima Yi, Typhon, Pandora, Saria, Sun Wukong, DQXQ, Eschamali, Ilm, Minerva, Krishna, and Sarasvati.

Bladelaw

So with everyone looking at Dathena a reminder:
750k MP is a shitload of MP (even if most of it will be free).

I'm looking at team ideas and while I have a near optimal team (missing Loki) I'm hoping for some inherit ideas. The goal is to use this team to farm killers in A3 to eventually handle Coliseum with relative ease.

Dathena
RHaku
RHaku
RHaku
Okuni/Durga (still undecided on which way to go)

Durga's the more offensive option and Okuni defensive.
I think the inherits I'll need/use are:
Fujin, Ryune/Blonia, Indra, Facet, maybe Orochi, and Anaphon/Typhon/Lumiel/Famiel (Basically on color board change for SDR against Heph dragon and possible predra killer)? I'm not sure who should hold what though.

Then there's latents to consider. Predra farming has been super generous to me so I have enough SDR to properly outfit the team.

So what are people planning on inheriting/latenting their team with?
I'm going to start with
Dathena (Fujin)
RHaku (Indra)
RHaku (Ryune)
RHaku (Lumiel)
Super Durga (Facet)
Dathena (Orochi/Force)

I'm putting at least 2 SDR on everyone. other slots might go to killers depending on how lucky I get farming.

There's a couple risks here. I can't always pop Dath to stall through a bind since skyfall can wreck a later stall session. Granted I keep the tank stats with Dathena but it complicates and otherwise simple run. It also dramatically increases the chance of getting skill bound on Tama floor. That's my biggest arena concern. I might look for a Dath partner with a hard bind clear while I get used to running her in A3. That was I can pop the inherited bind early and use Dathena's skill more liberally throughout A3.

W-00

So it's going to be better to just save for the PCGF instead?

Probably. We can't say for certain, but I definitely think we'll have a better line-up in it than the upcoming GF.

I'm going to start with
Dathena (Fujin)
RHaku (Indra)
RHaku (Ryune)
RHaku (Lumiel)
Super Durga (Facet)
Dathena (Orochi/Force)

That's actually exactly what I was going to suggest. Well, maybe Anaphon or Typhon instead of Ryune (if you have her max-skilled) for better SDR protection.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Probably. We can't say for certain, but I definitely think we'll have a better line-up in it than the upcoming GF.

That's actually exactly what I was going to suggest. Well, maybe Anaphon or Typhon instead of Ryune (if you have her max-skilled) for better SDR protection.

Cool peas, should also be able to get a bunch of Magic stones before it too. Still clearing Challenge dungeons alongside the 10 for the Athena, and then 31 one next month.

"fun" new mechanic in the new descended
C-gttH1W0AYX9lN.jpg

Can't trigger matches while they're Xed out

Ducarmel

Until we get organized and the community plan for pcgf I doubt it will ever be worth it. At the end of the day players will vote for the card they want or think they need and not the cards that benefits the community as a whole.

Aesnath

It kinda depends on what you need.

If there are GFEs you are looking for, especially 5*, then the current godfest isn't too bad. However, for a lot of us, more 5* GFE are unnecessary and the 6* we could use are just unlikely.

The PCGF is an odd duck. Since everyone votes on what they want, my understanding is that it has recently been filled with 6*GFE (I've only been playing since the last one, and it certainly was). Because they are rare to draw, even with boosted rates, including lots of them just makes it more likely you'll not roll on the godfest at all. This is why people complain of silver-fests with the PCGF.

On the other hand, 6*GFE are somewhat less essential than they were recently (Kaede and Gremory seem less impactful, Myr is too, so less need for Kanna) and a lot of pantheon cards are either solid, interesting leads OR are key subs on meta teams. W-00 is making the case that this will alter the voting habits of everyone compared to previous years. I'm a little doubtful, even though I'm expecting a shift. I think people vote for leads and so lots of hope for anything but the most hyped of utility or ideal subs is a bit dicey. As a result, Haku seems very likely, but something like Sima Yi or even Loki is maybe a bit less likely. I do think you'll see things like Ruel, Astaroth, Kush (assuming relevant evos are around by then), or even Minerva, as people seem to like things with lead potential, or that was my takeaway from last time.

It'll still be a trap because long time players likely already have most of those 5* pantheon cards you mention. All those 6* GFEs on the other hand…

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It'll still be a trap because long time players likely already have most of those 5* pantheon cards you mention. All those 6* GFEs on the other hand...

What about a newer player who doesn't have most of those 5* units? I only have 2 of the 20 he listed. I'd assume they are good for new players.

But it sounds like everyone votes for the 6* units, meaning their aren't a lot of yellow eggs

Thanks for the input so far Aesnth and Duc.

Aesnath

What about a newer player who doesn't have most of those 5* units? I only have 2 of the 20 he listed. I'd assume they are good for new players.

But it sounds like everyone votes for the 6* units, meaning their aren't a lot of yellow eggs

If he is right, then it will be a pretty good godfest. I think he's being optimistic.

The value of rolling is substantially higher with a young account, so rolling in the upcoming GF or the PCGF honestly wouldn't be bad as you're more likely than not to end up with one or more high-quality cards you don't already have and can start building a base.

It is never worth it at any stage of the game to roll hoping for a particular 6* as the rates are comically low (like 1.5-2.5% I think?), so as time goes on and you collect most of the 5*s it makes more sense to be judicious with your stones. So yeah, the problem with a 6*-crazy PCGF is that you're much more likely to roll something not valuable (like a silver egg) than during a typical GF.

J0dy77

PCGF is a huge silver egg trap. Too many 6 stars get voted in an you don't have any better rates than during a 4x or 5x GFE chance to pull. If you're just starting out and need a ton of cards it is worth a few pulls, otherwise stick to the pantheon events.

I'm going to start with
Dathena (Fujin)
RHaku (Indra)
RHaku (Ryune)
RHaku (Lumiel)
Super Durga (Facet)
Dathena (Orochi/Force).
Dathena (Force)
RHaku (5 turn Susano)
RHaku (Anaphon)
Super Durga (Muse or Awoken Ichigo if it's more damage.)
Probably try TPA Luci since he's God and thus can benefit from Muse(Lumiel). Other options are: Z8, Okuni, Jize, Revo Yomi, Finn, or try farming for Hinomitsuha.
Dathena (Fujin)

Latents will probably be a mix of resists I have too many of until I can get more SDRs and killers, assuming I can take A3 with this. It's pretty close to the ideal A3 team so I'm confident I'll do ok.

Bladelaw

I'd roll in 5x GFE if I needed GFE based sub support and/or I was a new account. The norns are great to start off with and all of them transition into end game subs with the right leads. Balboa is a pretty brain dead lead and his defense null makes farming some guerillas trivial.

Day 1 leads I'd be happy with if I was starting:
Any JP Caller (Tsubaki, Sumire, Kaede, Kanna, maaaaaybe Satsuki)
Ilm
Balboa
Dantalion (lots of farmable subs early game easy to swap in stronger subs late game)

Day 2 leads I'd be happy with if I was starting:
Any norn
Ryune
Typhon
Balboa
Dantalion

I'm hoping I get Dantalion on my main just because it's a fun team to play. My alt uses a Dantalion team for any non-coop stuff I do (normal for stones, OSC's)

Flame gala will be up too so there's a shot a Krishna, Cao Cao, Shiva, Anima, and Yamato will be up for grabs.

Top Bottom