• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

J0dy77

Good call on the HP vs TE badge. It's a crutch but often a necessity for me to get anywhere, I should learn to lose it.

New patch is out. 3p is go along with awoken heroes and Revo 3k.

I still rely on the time badge crutch for most of my teams, I'll always find the extra time and making sure I get the combo over the few times i need that minor amount of HP. I do switch to HP when there's a specific threshold or need to tank a hit or two.

I compare practicing with the HP badge like when you swing a baseball bat with a weight on the end as warm up, then when you take it off the same bat feels so much lighter. When I go back to TE from HP it feels like an eternity to move.

Aesnath

Rolled twice on the carnival, mostly 'cause I want a rando valk. First roll was a snow white, second was the blue samurai. Meri is pleased.

Radar dragon 2 coming to guerrilla dungeon(jpn) is a pretty big deal for NA isnt it?

Who are the radar 2 dragons? Like the whale guy with all the skill boosts or those odd dragon callers?

Bladelaw

Anyone plan on hunting Orpharion/Despharion this weekend?

It looks like the best time to go for it if you aren't farming the Annihilation Machine Descends. Does anyone know if the part drop rate chance is boosted in the machine descends? if it's the usual 2% or something then I'm not sure it's worth it over 4x XP Machine Hera.

Despharion is a pain in the ass but doable with an arena level team. Most floors are susceptible to delay so a 2p setup with one player sweeping and the other delaying should work. The big thing is don't trip Desph's resolve. Ra Dragon and RKush will breeze through. Especially since a lot of monsters just give you dark orbs.

The boss has something like 60 million HP. The all Attr clause mean Minerva cheese is likely out (unless there's comp I'm unaware of) but a proper Minerva team would do well I think. I'm grabbing two. One for the big machine and one in the off chance Gung Ho hates us and makes it an evo mat (It turned out to be smart with Machine Zeus/Hera/Athena).

EDIT: I've been spamming Ultimate Descend Rush 2 hoping for a Windsor drop but nothing in 5 runs. I will say Ra Dragon is a pretty bullet proof team for it. Pretty much anything with full bind immunity and deals a ton of damage will work well. I'm toying with making a full bind immune Kushi team but I'm not sure the damage will keep up with Ra Dragon.

I also pulled Directors carnival a couple times with some leftover Kenshin stones, I got the Green and Light weapon 2's, Silk, Carat, and a dupe DValk (number three...). Caladbolg looks pretty good but I'm not sure if it's worth the investment. I was hoping for RValk or GValk or Red Guan Yu. Rates were good for the boosted stuff for me.

Aesnath

Anyone plan on hunting Orpharion/Despharion this weekend?

It looks like the best time to go for it if you aren't farming the Annihilation Machine Descends. Does anyone know if the part drop rate chance is boosted in the machine descends? if it's the usual 2% or something then I'm not sure it's worth it over 4x XP Machine Hera.

Despharion is a pain in the ass but doable with an arena level team. Most floors are susceptible to delay so a 2p setup with one player sweeping and the other delaying should work. The big thing is don't trip Desph's resolve.

The boss has something like 60 million HP. The all Attr clause mean Minerva cheese is likely out (unless there's comp I'm unaware of) but a proper Minerva team would do well I think. I'm grabbing two. One for the big machine and one in the off chance Gung Ho hates us and makes it an evo mat (It turned out to be smart with Machine Zeus/Hera/Athena).

EDIT: I've been spamming Ultimate Descend Rush 2 hoping for a Windsor drop but nothing in 5 runs. I will say Ra Dragon is a pretty bullet proof team for it. Pretty much anything with full bind immunity and deals a ton of damage will work well. I'm toying with making a full bind immune Kushi team but I'm not sure the damage will keep up with Ra Dragon.

I also pulled Directors carnival a couple times with some leftover Kenshin stones, I got the Green and Light weapon 2's, Silk, Carat, and a dupe DValk (number three...). Caladbolg looks pretty good but I'm not sure if it's worth the investment. I was hoping for RValk or GValk or Red Guan Yu. Rates were good for the boosted stuff for me.

Ra Dragon and RKush will breeze through. Especially since a lot of monsters just give you dark orbs.

The one concern I have about a Minerva team is hamal (or whatever her name is)--she has a lot of HP for 36x attack to get through and changes her color regularly. She also hits hard enough that she might one-shot you if you aren't careful and she is water or wood (well, I rarely have over 30k hp with Minerva; typically less if I have to go all attributes). If you have a good plan for her, the rest of it seems pretty OK.

Bladelaw

The one concern I have about a Minerva team is hamal (or whatever her name is)--she has a lot of HP for 36x attack to get through and changes her color regularly. She also hits hard enough that she might one-shot you if you aren't careful and she is water or wood (well, I rarely have over 30k hp with Minerva; typically less if I have to go all attributes). If you have a good plan for her, the rest of it seems pretty OK.

Don't discount Despharion. If you chip him down he's capable of doing near a million damage to you with his rage hit. What worked for me with Ra Dragon was Carat full activation Light prong (NO dark prong). It brought him low enough to finish easy but high enough to not trip him into killing the shit out of me. If you bring Ganesha and Facet you might be able to just kill it, I'm not sure if it heals itself or wipes player buffs though. It's definitely one of the easier annihilation dungeons since resolve and light absorb are really the only bullshit mechanics you need to work around but it's still annihilation level.

Aesnath

OK, was actually my day 300, 10 stones, decided to roll, 'cause why not?

apocalypse #2--not unwelcome, useful active in several places. Eventually, everyone on Gremory will just have a board change inherit.

Haku #4--a bit comical overall, especially with her not being featured or anything. Not entirely sure what to do with her. I suppose, I could go through the trouble or evoing her as well, and then just go with D. Athena/Haku/Haku/Haku/Haku in multiplayer.

loki/durga/okuni would have been more applicable.

Aesnath

I got 5 haku now, so Im planning on Awakening two and not revoing them to keep using them on Aizen.

It is the most I've rolled of any particular pantheon god. Actually, the second most of anything, as I think I've only rolled as many red sonias and more sarias (at 6).

I also don't have another team where haku would really be too helpful (I'm terrible at anything above 5c). I'm not going to sell her or anything, but it was actually a bit disappointing, surprisingly.

I guess I should be happy it isn't Acala I'm loading up on.

Bladelaw

Windsor get! Took 8 runs of Ultimate Descended Rush 2 and 1 stone (skyfalled his resolve) but I'm done running that hell.

Now on to the body parts... it'll probably take me all weekend. Especially since I want two sets.

Jagernaut

I made Awoken Andromeda and Awoken Perseus. They seem like poor leads but good tpa subs. Andromeda can go on the Julie team I'm still working on.

Bladelaw

Any word on boosted part drop rates for orpharion? If there's no difference I'm not going to be too pressured into hard farming, especially star justice.

Any word on boosted part drop rates for orpharion? If there's no difference I'm not going to be too pressured into hard farming, especially star justice.

They're not super common, but they're definitely way better than the 2% rates or whatever the default is. Anecdotally, I have had 5 invades (1 each, plus an extra from Star Justice) so far, but have not seen a single Another boss or had any machine part drops from the bosses (though I'm not sure if the machine parts even drop from the bosses when the invades are active). I feel like the rate is at least 5%, probably quite a bit better, but I haven't been keeping count of my runs.

And yeah, Star Justice really sucks.

Bladelaw

They're not super common, but they're definitely way better than the 2% rates or whatever the default is. Anecdotally, I have had 5 invades (1 each, plus an extra from Star Justice) so far, but have not seen a single Another boss or had any machine part drops from the bosses (though I'm not sure if the machine parts even drop from the bosses when the invades are active). I feel like the rate is at least 5%, probably quite a bit better, but I haven't been keeping count of my runs.

And yeah, Star Justice really sucks.

Cool, I've got one part so far out of about 30 Star Justice runs. No "Another" Justice either. I guess I'm glad it's just my terrible spawn luck then.

Kinda bummed they got rid of Genie from the REM. That was the one with the most potential and the one I don't have on my main. I couldn't have beaten the Heph dragon descend without Thanatos so they are by no means useless. Any idea if they will still be acquirable somehow?

Kinda bummed they got rid of Genie from the REM. That was the one with the most potential and the one I don't have on my main. I couldn't have beaten the Heph dragon descend without Thanatos so they are by no means useless. Any idea if they will still be acquirable somehow?

the fruit dragons were in occasional gift dungeons, they could do that.

Bladelaw

ugh... I spent all weekend farming Machine Parts. At least it's done now. Also not a single "Another" invade.

Screenshot_20170611-200424.png

Aesnath

I spent most of this past weekend evoing junk for myself and my daughter. I now have an awoken leilan, 2nd revo orochi, revo DQXQ, Uevo Light Ninja, Uevo Yomi (I figured I'd run it as a damage spike inherit when cooping with my daughter, so that I have a better chance of 7c due to CTW).

I'm a bit sad that my Revo Orochi with Revo Orochi inherit is only at 8900 hp. I thought it was supposed to be 9k. Not that it matters much, but still.

Also, a bit sad that my Meri team, Meri (Yo & KS)/R. Orochi (R. Orochi)/Beach Metatron (water dragon knight)/Andromeda (Urd)/Summer Urd (Urd)/friend Meri, doesn't get to 40k hp. I was kinda hoping it would.

ugh... I spent all weekend farming Machine Parts. At least it's done now. Also not a single "Another" invade.

That's pretty nice. I wasn't sure where I'd run them, and it seemed like a lot of work, so I didn't bother.

Bladelaw

That's pretty nice. I wasn't sure where I'd run them, and it seemed like a lot of work, so I didn't bother.
That would have been the smart play. Here's some stats to make you feel better about your decision:

Code:
Dungeon Name          |          Runs           |          Part Invade          |          Part drop from boss          |          Invade Chance          |
Star Justice          |           44            |                2              |                  0                    |                4.5%             |
Liberty Geist         |           19            |                2              |                  0                    |                10%              |
Cosmo Crusader        |           27            |                1              |                  1                    |                3.7%             |
Deus Ex Machina       |           38            |                2              |                  0                    |                5.2%             |

Overall chance of any invade: 5.4% over 128 runs
Overall chance a part drops: 0.7% over 128 runs

So yeah...that sucked.

Aesnath

Is there going to be a godfest this weekend? Should be right? Any guesses as to what we are likely to see? The current carnival seems OK, and I'm trying to decide if I should save stones. I've made the decision that I'm not IAPing for anything without a two SBR D.Athena sub, so we are at an either-or situation.

That would have been the smart play. Here's some stats to make you feel better about your decision:

Code:
Dungeon Name          |          Runs           |          Part Invade          |          Part drop from boss          |          Invade Chance          |
Star Justice          |           44            |                2              |                  0                    |                4.5%             |
Liberty Geist         |           19            |                2              |                  0                    |                10%              |
Cosmo Crusader        |           27            |                1              |                  1                    |                3.7%             |
Deus Ex Machina       |           38            |                2              |                  0                    |                5.2%             |

Overall chance of any invade: 5.4% over 128 runs
Overall chance a part drops: 0.7% over 128 runs

So yeah...that sucked.

Yeah...that doesn't seem so good.

Bladelaw

I'm skipping out on this godfest whatever it may be. I don't need anything (Dmeta or kanna would be nice but I've given up that dream) so unless they introduce Samurai 2 I'm a hard pass on it.

I pulled a few of the new Weapon series in the Director's Carnival. I was hoping my alt would have snagged a match for easy farming but that dream is dead. I'm still lacking a brainless farm team for my alt and it's really annoying when I can't find a co-op partner for less favorable farm sessions (nearly any descend I want to skill up for example).

Anyway...I pulled Caladbolg, Gan Jiang & Mo Ye, and Arondight

Caladbolg is basically a Light Aizen. 100x damage for a light cross and extra HP for wood types.

Gan Jiang & Mo Ye are a dark row variant with extra HP for Light.

Aronidght is a Light row variant with extra HP for Water.

I'm playing around with teams for farming purposes since they do so much damage. Arondight with a team of Kaoru as backup or even just as an active. It's a nice alternative to Yamamoto when fire would be a poor choice.

I think a legit team can be built around Gan Jiang & Mo Ye. They have lots of strong sub support. Awoken Archdemon Lucifer, Revo Vritra, Eschamali, Yomi Dragon, Castor, Balanced Akechi, Sheena. All you need to do is match a row of dark and most stuff just explodes. I'd be tempted to put Castor in over Escha with Vritra and Luci to even out god killers.

They all make great inherits too.

Aesnath

I'm skipping out on this godfest whatever it may be. I don't need anything (Dmeta or kanna would be nice but I've given up that dream) so unless they introduce Samurai 2 I'm a hard pass on it.

I pulled a few of the new Weapon series in the Director's Carnival. I was hoping my alt would have snagged a match for easy farming but that dream is dead. I'm still lacking a brainless farm team for my alt and it's really annoying when I can't find a co-op partner for less favorable farm sessions (nearly any descend I want to skill up for example).

Anyway...I pulled Caladbolg, Gan Jiang & Mo Ye, and Arondight

Caladbolg is basically a Light Aizen. 100x damage for a light cross and extra HP for wood types.

Gan Jiang & Mo Ye are a dark row variant with extra HP for Light.

Aronidght is a Light row variant with extra HP for Water.

I'm playing around with teams for farming purposes since they do so much damage. Arondight with a team of Kaoru as backup or even just as an active. It's a nice alternative to Yamamoto when fire would be a poor choice.

I think a legit team can be built around Gan Jiang & Mo Ye. They have lots of strong sub support. Awoken Archdemon Lucifer, Revo Vritra, Eschamali, Yomi Dragon, Castor, Balanced Akechi, Sheena. All you need to do is match a row of dark and most stuff just explodes. I'd be tempted to put Castor in over Escha with Vritra and Luci to even out god killers.

They all make great inherits too.

Oh, samurai 2. I bet that will happen actually. I mean, what better way to push people to IAP then to follow up the PCGF with a new pantheon godfest.

Looking at them, the samurai 2 are just a bit confusing. They each seem like passable leaders, due to a non-cross shield, but they feel a bit all-over-the-place. I'm pretty sure I'd find any of them usable, but I'm not sure I need any of them. I will admit, board change with +2 combo count sounds pretty good in a lot of places; especially with heart cross leads.

yeah for that reason I'm just using Pys for skillups, I'm not really in the mood to self-harm and it's not like those Pys are needed for the OP fire card that doesn't exist

Aesnath

Ugh, I just realized that Orange contract dragon is up, so I should probably skill up another Saria. I've rolled her seven times, and kept five of her. Her active is just broadly useful, but I'm pretty sick of skilling her.

In other NeoGAF news: Nintendo is hype this year. Two metroids! Two! And a Mario game about possession.

Whelp, I have a new white whale now. El Dorado.

7 Pad Z runs so far and not a single one has spawned.

At least I'm getting lots of good Kush practice.

yeah for that reason I'm just using Pys for skillups, I'm not really in the mood to self-harm and it's not like those Pys are needed for the OP fire card that doesn't exist

Yeah, the PADz dragons are the opposite of a fun quest. It took me two solid days of playing nothing but that stage to completely skill up two of the damn dragons. The fire latents were comparatively easier.

Bladelaw

Looks like Machine Goemon was detailed.
Active - Turn the board into Red. Haste for 1 turn.

Lead - When HP is below 80%, ATK x4. When HP is below 20%, ATK x7. In coop, ATK x1.5

Unevolved Active - Unlock the board, then turn it into full Red

So 110.25x with paired leads NO SELF NUKE. Also dick move making the evolved/unevolved forms have different both useful skills.

Bladelaw

News!
3P Lovecraft dungeons are coming Monday.
10 Stone GFE REM is coming soon (~6/17 if EU matches NA)

JP 4x GF with 3x Weapon 2's

Anyone have a plan for the Cosmic Horrors? Anyone looking forward to the GFE REM?

I'd like 2 of each horror (one to use and one to have in case it becomes evo fodder) but apparently they don't have equal spawn rates so that's probably not happening.

The nasty things to work around are the 30 turn full board orb blind, the "Lock all the orbs every turn" and a 30 million damage null.

I've seen a solo Meri team clear all three (stalling like hell on Azathoth) but I can't match the team. I know the new Anubis composition is capable thanks to Diaochan unlocking the board constantly, and Keiji can wipe a blind board so there's options there.

RE: the GFE REM. I'm only missing two that I want (Unless the new GFE with the light/heart/blue board change is added) so it's not a good investment for my main. My alt should have enough for a couple pulls and barring a norn and satsuki it should be a good one.

W-00

I must say, I've felt a good deal of appreciation for DAthena this week. I still haven't bought her myself (Brides not bringing a new MP card means I'm now just waiting on the Beach REM), but pairing my compatible leads (Persephone and Sima Yi) with her made the no-awakening dungeon the least painful it's ever been for me.

I've seen a solo Meri team clear all three (stalling like hell on Azathoth) but I can't match the team. I know the new Anubis composition is capable thanks to Diaochan unlocking the board constantly, and Keiji can wipe a blind board so there's options there.

What's the Meri team?

RE: the GFE REM. I'm only missing two that I want (Unless the new GFE with the light/heart/blue board change is added) so it's not a good investment for my main. My alt should have enough for a couple pulls and barring a norn and satsuki it should be a good one.

Both of my accounts are still pretty drained from the PCGF, and I remember how everyone was pulling Fenrir the last time the GFE REM came around, so I think I'll be saving my stones for another day. Such as the day the June Brides REM comes back.

I know it's a fool's errand since she's a 7*, but Persephone has a color-absorb-null active. Also, she's Persephone, so she's awesome anyways.

Bladelaw

What's the Meri team?

Meri (5 Light latent, no inherit needed)
Andromeda (5 Dark Latent, Andro inherit for SDR + Stats)
Blodin (Carat)
Yo + Siegfried (Dragon + Devil Killer latent no inherit)
Sumire (5 HP Latent + Ryune inherit)
Meri (5 Dark Latent + Meri inherit for SDR/Stats)
No Badge since 3p disables it and disconnecting doesn't reinstate it.

If you can fit some extra HP or dark latents somewhere either via inherit you can tank Azathoth's 100%-70% hits and stall him out (999 turns though...) and one shot him.

Yo + Siegfried is amazingly useful here, The shield and double orb convert + dragon killer means they do a silly amount of damage. It's a niche not filled by much of anything either so if you happened to pull this congrats!

I haven't yet so I'll be looking for other ways around their BS.

W-00

Dang, I lack Blodin and Carat (and any other useful gemstone princesses). I also lack the latent setup, but I could at least in theory farm those. Other than that, I could make that team on both accounts.

So I got an Anji all skilled up thanks to 2x drops today, but do I need a second (third, fourth?) one? I have lots of buttons to use but is there any content where he would shine over say Lumiel's 100k nuke?

Bladelaw

So I got an Anji all skilled up thanks to 2x drops today, but do I need a second (third, fourth?) one? I have lots of buttons to use but is there any content where he would shine over say Lumiel's 100k nuke?
I use him for a button on floor 5 of super King carnival so I can tap the last floor. It's insurance if a partner doesn't bring a button.

If you can already fill out a button team I'd just skill the one.

I skilled two the first time the collab came over and I've never used the second. The extra shield break could be useful if your other buttons need the defense down and a preemptive cancels the effect.

Aesnath

How bad is the shinra bansho collab? Top of my list of wants is a 2 SBR Dark Athena sub and Asmodeus seems pretty damn solid, and a 5* to boot. However, for some collabs, 5* are pretty rare, and, as always, chasing a specific card is a recipe for pain. It seems like there are a lot of 4* that don't evolve either.

Like is it better to roll on this REM or wait for a godfest for loki/durga/okuni?

Meri (5 Light latent, no inherit needed)
Andromeda (5 Dark Latent, Andro inherit for SDR + Stats)
Blodin (Carat)
Yo + Siegfried (Dragon + Devil Killer latent no inherit)
Sumire (5 HP Latent + Ryune inherit)
Meri (5 Dark Latent + Meri inherit for SDR/Stats)
No Badge since 3p disables it and disconnecting doesn't reinstate it.

If you can fit some extra HP or dark latents somewhere either via inherit you can tank Azathoth's 100%-70% hits and stall him out (999 turns though...) and one shot him.

Yo + Siegfried is amazingly useful here, The shield and double orb convert + dragon killer means they do a silly amount of damage. It's a niche not filled by much of anything either so if you happened to pull this congrats!

I haven't yet so I'll be looking for other ways around their BS.

Well, outside of latents in general (my Meri team has HP latents mostly, and I have no killers really at all) and blodin, I actually have that team. I still feel like I'm in the "probably not ready" camp though. I guess it is something to work towards.

How bad is the shinra bansho collab? Top of my list of wants is a 2 SBR Dark Athena sub and Asmodeus seems pretty damn solid, and a 5* to boot. However, for some collabs, 5* are pretty rare, and, as always, chasing a specific card is a recipe for pain. It seems like there are a lot of 4* that don't evolve either.

Like is it better to roll on this REM or wait for a godfest for loki/durga/okuni?.

Keep in mind that only the JP version has 2 SBR, 2 TPA, and 7c. At least according to padx, http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2249. Are the buffs coming when the colab returns?

EV on Shinra Bansho is pretty rotten.

Asmodeus buff though!!
Oh, apparently so.

Aesnath

Keep in mind that only the JP version has 2 SBR, 2 TPA, and 7c. At least according to padx, http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2249. Are the buffs coming when the colab returns?

Oh, apparently so.

Well, how badly does the collab suck? I mean I have a kaede team, so if I roll bonkers and get the 7* it would be kinda cool. I also like the 40% gravity 5* and there is a 5* with a saria active that would grant stats on Minerva (so that's something). I'm just not sure how in I am with it.

But, hey, I could always get her on my free roll, right? Right?

Quantum

I guess its a good time to have fatigue, I'll likely miss the 10 stone GFE rem and the brides rem (which really don't help me much)

- I think I'm finally completely burnt out on the game and need a break, I'm just getting my free stones but have no desire to play the current content.

- the new GFE I rolled on my alt jpn account was really fun (ameno) - but the rank 200+ shlog is just boring

- and for US - if I have to do another week of the same boring challenge dungeons - well.

I really wish they would design some new content at this point - I'm sure I'll get back into it in awhile, but it really feels like a money grab lately.

Jagernaut

Got my 1600 days bonus the other day and rolled twice on GFE REM today.

Gadius #3
Sherias #2

Both useless to me so I sold them. Still want Eschamalli and Ilm but out of free stones and I'm not buying any. 6 star pulls are rare.

I also pulled a few times on the carnival days ago. I had 2 trash pulls but also got these new cards

Green Valk - nice but I would prefer Dark
Gan Jiang & Moe Ye - light/dark of Weapons 2, nice
Claiomh Solais - fire/light of Weapons 2, ok

Still have no gemstone princesses :(

Negator

Rolls on JP

Day 1
Astaroth
Diaochan
Ronove

Day 2
Beast Rider
Beast Rider
Marine Rider

Thanks Gungho :/

At least I can use Marine Rider on Julie.

Top Bottom