• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

hermit7

3 rolls

Zion (2nd). One that I am not over the moon about but will keep. He's not awful at the least.

Sumire (4h or 5th sold)

Urd (4th red one and a blue summer urd sold as well).

Done rolling. Nothing exciting with this. More a trap than GFE I think.

Bladelaw

I pulled a couple times on the GFE REM even though I shouldn't.
Verd (5th)
Saria (5th)
LMeta (2nd somehow... probably sold others before her buff)
Sylvie (1st, one of the very few GFE's I'm missing)

Decided to quit so I can hoard stones.

This guy's giving out free Diara runs/carries if you have the right template teams
https://www.mirrativ.com/live/SbpVFg-IyYY

edit:
image.png

edit 2:
holy balls this leader skill is ridiculous to activate

Rolled once. Got Australis. I'm not disappointed at getting a new card, but I don't have a Sylvie or Liu Bei or Astaroth or...well, you get the idea.

W-00

Rolled once. Got Australis. I'm not disappointed at getting a new card, but I don't have a Sylvie or Liu Bei or Astaroth or...well, you get the idea.

Since you don't have Liu Bei, Australis is a pretty good roll (provided that you also don't have Perseus). Australis is a decent poverty ALB. He's not great, but he's still usable for general speed-farming.

Aesnath

I've decided I'm IAPing pretty hard for Asmodeus. I am trying to stay hopeful, but it is difficult.

This morning used free roll and found stones

1. Red Resist 4*
2. 4* Kai
3. 4* Sai
4. Derp Sonia

This is a good example of why I'm not too excited about this thing. Under other circumstances, I'd probably be pretty jazzed to get a collab 7*, but this collab challenges you to enjoy rolling.

I've never tried the candy bar this collab is based on; if they are related in quality, it is very unfortunate that people would eat such trash.

Anyway, I'll let you all know how my march-to-sorrow goes as it progresses.

W-00

I just pulled Maxius on both accounts on my free rolls.

I've decided I'm IAPing pretty hard for Asmodeus. I am trying to stay hopeful, but it is difficult.

STOP!

According to Reddit, the silver rate in this collab is in the 80-85% range. I know we say that most collabs are traps, but this one is especially a trap!

3P Descended Rush pubbie trip report

attempt 1 had a Dath player who refused to match dark orbs for some reason. idk if he was trolling and trying to get me killed by hera's jupiter genesis or what but he gave up after i survived two hits of the ult and played normally after

attempt 3 featured a player with a LKanna/DKanna random GFE team who couldn't combo past 3 intentionally

Aesnath

STOP!

According to Reddit, the silver rate in this collab is in the 80-85% range. I know we say that most collabs are traps, but this one is especially a trap!

But...Asmodeus. I get that it is all crap, and that rolling for a specific thing is a fools errand, but I still feel like I'm going to lob a pack at it, and whatever other stones I can muster this week. I'm trying to console myself with the idea that an inheritable 40% gravity would be cool too. And derp Kaede is a thing that exists. I'm trying not to delude myself, but I think I'd feel bad if I didn't take a swing. At the end of the day, I like her active skill and I like that she has two time-extend awakenings (7 combos are frickn' hard). Getting specific pantheons feels very hard as well, meaning I don't know when I'll next have a chance at durga/okuni/loki.

Bladelaw

STOP!

THIS.

5*'s are decent for the most part (40% Grav, Kiriko, and Asmodeus are all things one should be happy to pull) but even I'M not pulling on this garbage fest.

-------

So I've got it in my head to clear A3 solo with LMeta with recorded proof. I'm not sure why but here we are. I'm running a guard break build so I'm not worried about the tans/predras/killer latent. I'm open to playing with composition (including no guard break builds) but let's get this out of the way, I don't have DQXQ so my only L/B option that makes any sense is L/B Apollo. I have access to almost every non-collab god-type one could think of so I'm wide open on team building. My current attempt that's capable of clearing Ultimate Endless:
LMeta (LCecil)
Revo Indra (Indra)
L/B Apollo (RApollo)
RRa (Hiko)
Ariel (Allura)
LMeta (LCecil)

This team will have issues with Kagu, Vishnu-->Hera Dragon, Z8 light absorb without more dark resists, Ilsix, Gaia Dragon, and Heph Dragon.

Kagu needs a delay to be consistent but if I don't cross I can chip him down if he doesn't kill me first so he's doable, just unreliable which isn't ideal.

Vishnu-->Hera Dragon gives a lot of teams trouble not just me so while it would suck I could accept that RNG just wants me dead that run, still, if I Hiko Vishnu I can in theory chip out heradra if I can cross + 3 light for 4 turns so it would be difficult, but not guaranteed death.

Z8 sucks 50% of the time. I need to save my shield for the radar and I can only JUST barely survive black disaster at full HP. Fun fact: Z8 in Ultimate Endless hits harder than A3.

Ilsix scares me. My only hope is careful damage control since the only two attacks he has that don't kill me right out is Frenzy and his resolve counter. The plan would be knock him into frenzy, pop a board change and hope I don't get boned by locked jammers.

Gaia is mostly just hit really hard. She's tough because I only have 1 shield and can only eat 1 hit with it on. So I potentially need to burn a lot of actives to kill her before the second hit. This makes Kali dangerous since I need two crosses to be safe vs LKali.

Heph is almost entirely RNG. I'll have a turn 2 Indra shield with a haste and Ariel to use but that's it, then Kali becomes RNG. I'm not sure there's a good solution for Heph on this team short of "Play 2p"

Every other spawn is manageable as long as I have 3 hearts on the board since there isn't a lot that just kills me unless I screw up.

I'm starting the painful process of gathering Rag Dragon's evo materials.

The biggest trouble for me is definately Machine Athena and I need like 3 more.

I managed to get one, but had to spend 5 stones.

Anyone know of good leaders for this dungeon? Or should I build up that Green Odin cheese strat.

EDIT: Also did 4 rolls on GFE.

1.) Zuoh (ugh like 7th)
2.) Green Odin
3.) Sitri
4.) Gremory

b33r

I got asmo-deus another on my free pull. Is this the same card that people are wanting? If so, why? Seems very average.

I got asmo-deus another on my free pull. Is this the same card that purple are wanting? If so, why? Seems very average.

Double SBRs and a good active make her a good choice for Dark Athena teams. I've seen people run her on Kushi teams as well, often replacing a Haku, or just being the 4th sub.

I went into the Choco collab and... Came out unscathed? Did one pack and found two Van Crow's (and a dupe Asmodeus) in it. Pretty happy. Those gravities should come in handy at some point.

I also finally managed to get my 8th dragon killer latent (I swear they spawn less than the others), so now my Kushinada and 3 Hakus all have double dragon killers. It took quite a while to get a feel for A3 farming, but now I'm pretty happy with my performance in it.

Anyways, can anyone who knows things about the Cosmic Trinity dungeon give me some advice? I'd rather not embarrass myself in this dungeon.

I'm planning on A.Kushinada (Fujin/Hiko/A.Kushi), R.Haku (Typhon), R.Haku (D.Kali), R.Haku (A.Vritra), Diaochan (Maeda), A.Kushinada (Indra). I'm aware of the 10% rage hits from the bosses, and the Diaochan + Maedea should deal with blinds/locks from them. I also know about the huge pre-empt from Goemon (so I can just shield if I ever clear floor five). Are there any other major gotchas I need to be aware of? Since I can damage control, I'm not sure how valuable Fujin/Hiko are vs just bringing along an A.Kushi inherit (I do it for A3, and it's amazing there).

Any advice would be super appreciated.

Aesnath

Like I said, I'm spreading out my rolls over the day. This is quickly going...sideways.

Two rolls over lunch.

1. Derp Athena
2. Rando 4*

Well, here we are, six rolls in, with two 7*, that aren't that great. I now firmly believe I will roll Derp Sakuya before getting that damn 5* I want.

So...Athena. Does she suck? I don't think I ever heard anything about her, but 1.89x HP with a 75% shield seems OK. Basically the same damage as Myr, but extra HP seems like a significant upside, even if restricted to god type

Jagernaut

I'm starting the painful process of gathering Rag Dragon's evo materials.

The biggest trouble for me is definately Machine Athena and I need like 3 more.

I managed to get one, but had to spend 5 stones.

Anyone know of good leaders for this dungeon? Or should I build up that Green Odin cheese strat.

EDIT: Also did 4 rolls on GFE.

1.) Zuoh (ugh like 7th)
2.) Green Odin
3.) Sitri
4.) Gremory

The Green Odin cheese works really well, just takes some time. You can also use the Green Tamazo Odin (make crosses) instead, just need some auto heals on a sub.

Bladelaw

@DBreakfast

It's new to everyone who doesn't have an advanced JP account. Unless you're going out of your way to coordinate with a team I wouldn't worry about embarrassing yourself. There's already some horror stories on Reddit about people bringing some terrible teams to the party.

It sounds like you've done your research on what you need to accomplish. If you're in serious doubt I'd run a high HP support team. I think my first few forays will be with a Revo Asty support team. I should have plenty of HP to eat pre-emptives, bind clear, shields, buffs to dispel, and favorable board changes for the common teams (Anubis mostly). Just make sure you have 100% SBR.

I haven't gotten an Azatoth spawn yet in JP (it's a rare spawn apparently), but the other two eldritch are difficult but manageable. Things that can unlock orbs or sweep away junk orbs are a must. They hit hard but don't have any completely fuck you and die attacks.

b33r

Double SBRs and a good active make her a good choice for Dark Athena teams. I've seen people run her on Kushi teams as well, often replacing a Haku, or just being the 4th sub.

I went into the Choco collab and... Came out unscathed? Did one pack and found two Van Crow's (and a dupe Asmodeus) in it. Pretty happy. Those gravities should come in handy at some point.

I also finally managed to get my 8th dragon killer latent (I swear they spawn less than the others), so now my Kushinada and 3 Hakus all have double dragon killers. It took quite a while to get a feel for A3 farming, but now I'm pretty happy with my performance in it.

Anyways, can anyone who knows things about the Cosmic Trinity dungeon give me some advice? I'd rather not embarrass myself in this dungeon.

I'm planning on A.Kushinada (Fujin/Hiko/A.Kushi), R.Haku (Typhon), R.Haku (D.Kali), R.Haku (A.Vritra), Diaochan (Maeda), A.Kushinada (Indra). I'm aware of the 10% rage hits from the bosses, and the Diaochan + Maedea should deal with blinds/locks from them. I also know about the huge pre-empt from Goemon (so I can just shield if I ever clear floor five). Are there any other major gotchas I need to be aware of? Since I can damage control, I'm not sure how valuable Fujin/Hiko are vs just bringing along an A.Kushi inherit (I do it for A3, and it's amazing there).

Any advice would be super appreciated.

So not much use for me, but I'll keep her. Thanks for the input.

Aesnath

Seventh roll: got Asmodeus. So..now I have a bunch of stones left for the next thing. Honestly, I don't think that could have gone much better, two 7* and the target 5* in seven rolls. You all need to remind me of my recent luck the next time I am griping about rolls or something.

Bladelaw

Seventh roll: got Asmodeus. So..now I have a bunch of stones left for the next thing. Honestly, I don't think that could have gone much better, two 7* and the target 5* in seven rolls. You all need to remind me of my recent luck the next time I am griping about rolls or something.

Congrats! Not the collab I would pick to Yahtzee out of but I'm glad you got what you were looking for.

I'm still holding out hope the June REM doesn't destroy me. I'm only looking for Light Akechi. I'd tap out if Persephone shows up first though.

EDIT: just took a look at Athena Another. She looks alright. Multiboost should work out well for you if you have a light team you coop with. Double TPA 2200 atk with multiboost is a ton of damage. The blind resist is potentially useful too given the new blind BS.

Aesnath

Congrats! Not the collab I would pick to Yahtzee out of but I'm glad you got what you were looking for.

I'm still holding out hope the June REM doesn't destroy me. I'm only looking for Light Akechi. I'd tap out if Persephone shows up first though.

EDIT: just took a look at Athena Another. She looks alright. Multiboost should work out well for you if you have a light team you coop with. Double TPA 2200 atk with multiboost is a ton of damage. The blind resist is potentially useful too given the new blind BS.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by heart-cross Athena. When I looked at the overall package..it isn't bad. It actually has some real upgrades over Myr (although losing 2 seconds hurts). I'll probably give her a whirl anyway. Guard break awakening could also be fun.

As for my reasons for gunning for Asmo--more of sunk cost fallacy than anything else. I bought into Dark Athena, so I really wanted access to a complete team. Also, I really like her TEs, something that none of the ideal candidates have, and her active seems great for non-A3 content. Either way, I'm pretty happy with my decision, despite knowing full well it was a stupid one.

Bladelaw

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by heart-cross Athena. When I looked at the overall package..it isn't bad. It actually has some real upgrades over Myr (although losing 2 seconds hurts). I'll probably give her a whirl anyway. Guard break awakening could also be fun.

As for my reasons for gunning for Asmo--more of sunk cost fallacy than anything else. I bought into Dark Athena, so I really wanted access to a complete team. Also, I really like her TEs, something that none of the ideal candidates have, and her active seems great for non-A3 content. Either way, I'm pretty happy with my decision, despite knowing full well it was a stupid one.
Yeah I don't think you'll find many pairings but she should work well enough with Myr to be worth running over her on your end.

Also if you're looking for combo practice to get faster without much orb movement time play a no skyfall lead. After gunning for machine parts in the last event I found Kushi was the only All ATT team I could field with a consistent fast clear of Star Justice. Run something like that 50 times with Kushi and your ability to manipulate the board gets pretty ok. I still struggle to hit 8 combos on viable boards in the time I have but 7 is pretty consistent.

Aesnath

Yeah I don't think you'll find many pairings but she should work well enough with Myr to be worth running over her on your end.

Also if you're looking for combo practice to get faster without much orb movement time play a no skyfall lead. After gunning for machine parts in the last event I found Kushi was the only All ATT team I could field with a consistent fast clear of Star Justice. Run something like that 50 times with Kushi and your ability to manipulate the board gets pretty ok. I still struggle to hit 8 combos on viable boards in the time I have but 7 is pretty consistent.

Well, I can heartcross with limited time OK (Gremory was my primary lead for a long while and was pretty time-starved), but I can't heart-cross and combo. Or like combo at all. I've been practicing comboing with Anubis every so often, with a gross amount of time (like 12 seconds), and I just run out of space reliably. I felt really time starved with D. Athena (3 TE across the whole team), so I'm hoping the extra second will make a difference from Asmodeus. Typically, with a few TE, I can get 5-6c somewhat reliably. That wasn't happening with D. Athena though; I would run out of time too often.

I'm pretty sure if I ever learn to git gud with Diara I'll become a puzzle god. The template builds tend to pair her with a 7x6 lead cause flame cross + 7c is kinda difficult to do

Aesnath

You know, I really hate the skill-up dungeons where skill ups are a separate drop from the actual monsters in the dungeon and it is really unclear what difficulty you need to spam to get the damn things.

I have yet to see one for Asmo.

So...anyone had any luck with the old gods yet? I'm pretty intimidated by the whole shebang, but I really like lovecraft, so there is a part of me that wants to give it a shot.

Bladelaw

You know, I really hate the skill-up dungeons where skill ups are a separate drop from the actual monsters in the dungeon and it is really unclear what difficulty you need to spam to get the damn things.

I have yet to see one for Asmo.

So...anyone had any luck with the old gods yet? I'm pretty intimidated by the whole shebang, but I really like lovecraft, so there is a part of me that wants to give it a shot.
I'm waiting till after Bride REM before going after it because I'm afraid i'll rage stone my way through a bad situation and I really want those stones for the REM. If I had a home for any of the bosses I'd probably go for it though.

I've been doing it a bunch. I have 3 each of Cthulhu and Nyara so far. If those are all you want, they're pretty easy to get, especially if you're willing to spend a stone or two. I still haven't encountered Azathoth yet though. Honestly, just reaching the bosses is probably the harder part of the dungeon, since you never know when you'll run into some really nasty spawn. Usually at least one player gets killed on the way to the boss, either by a preempt, mistake, or general attrition. Once you reach the cosmic horrors, they aren't too terrible, at least if you or a teammate can output a lot of damage.

For the most part, people aren't willing to stone in public rooms, since I imagine most of them are chasing Azathoth. Because of that, if you really want Cthulhu/Nyara, I'd recommend bringing a very high damage team, so that if your teammates wipe, you can still have a shot of blasting the boss away solo.

Aesnath

I've been doing it a bunch. I have 3 each of Cthulhu and Nyara so far. If those are all you want, they're pretty easy to get, especially if you're willing to spend a stone or two. I still haven't encountered Azathoth yet though. Honestly, just reaching the bosses is probably the harder part of the dungeon, since you never know when you'll run into some really nasty spawn. Usually at least one player gets killed on the way to the boss, either by a preempt, mistake, or general attrition. Once you reach the cosmic horrors, they aren't too terrible, at least if you or a teammate can output a lot of damage.

For the most part, people aren't willing to stone in public rooms, since I imagine most of them are chasing Azathoth. Because of that, if you really want Cthulhu/Nyara, I'd recommend bringing a very high damage team, so that if your teammates wipe, you can still have a shot of blasting the boss away solo.

Cool. What's your team?

Ran into Cthulhu and s̶̨̪͓͓̩͎̥̺͈̋͌̒̽̾́̇̉́̆ͅo̵̪̖͈̟͕͔̬̟̪̾̀̀̈́̏̉̓̃͛͒ͅm̴̹̠̺͙̘̤̺̺̞̲̈́̿̇͐̓̒͗̍̄̕e̵̢̡̛̫͖̲͈̙̟̙̪̿̈́̆͒̉̈́̽̍̊t̶̨̧̗̲̥͈̜̜̞̫̋͆̾̍̀͑̊̈́̕͝h̵̛̙̬̟̙̗̖͕̺͖͔̒̈͆̉͌͘͘̕͠ì̵̢̧̛̜̣̠̠͍̭̤̥̈́̅͌̀̄̄̂͘n̵̨̛̮̦̜̮̰͈̱͇̰͆͛͒̅͊͗̾͘̕ģ̷̻͚̬̯̬̫̤̱͋́͒̅̈́͂̄̌̈̑͜ ̸̡͔͍̩̹͙͕͓̮̱̍͑̑̑́̂͌̎͌̈́ẇ̸̢̢͈̦͖̜̭̠̰̈́̔̍̀̌̆̋̊͘͜e̴͖̳̙̜͔̜̰̩̩̎̈́̈́͊͊̂̈͌̍̔ͅî̵̡̩̦̤̙̙͉̘͈̬̔̈́̽̇̇͌͑͒̕r̴̭̬͖͔̤̝͎̣̱͖͛́̿̐̔̈̍̃̽͠d̵̛͈̯͙͇͓͔̩͖̻̗̂͛͆̿̑̌̋̎͠ ̷̧̡̬̺̪̼̬̰͓̰̍͌̔͆̎͛͗̄͝͝ḩ̸̢̘̯͕͚̝͙̭̱̇̂̀̈̀̈́̐̕͠͠a̵̡̺̻͕̘͔͚̱͓͙͆͛̽̋̑̏̈̇͑̚p̴̢̱̣̞̪̣͈̹̜̠̑͌̉̉́͑̀͊̍̚p̶̨͇̝̭͕̳̱̜̐͂̀̐̽͂̋̑́͜͠ͅe̷͚̞̝̱̰̩͓̼̙͔̅͂̀͐̄̽̊̉͘͝Ḩ̷̢̢͖̱̻͓̭̪͕̓͂̒́͒̈͐̓͌̕E̵̪̰̯̺̩̗̟̬̹͕͐̑̌̑͋͊̋̾͆̚ ̸̢̥̫̦̼̹͈̬̮̺̐̍̏̇̑́̒̅̒̄C̴̡̞̫̙͖̻̙̣̗̪̐̒̑̉̊̈́̽̂͘͘Ơ̴̟̩̠̣͍̮̠͙̗̩͊́̔͒́͂̅̕͠M̷̨̛͉̼̞̫͚̗̤͍͐̂̅̑͗̉́̅̀ͅȨ̴̟͉̦̠̫̥͎͈͇̍̀̍̽̈́̈́̉͐̕͝Ş̵̧̛̤̹͚̖̝̟̤͙̀́̊͂̀͆́̐͠

Cool. What's your team?

Kushinada, Triple Haku, Diaochan. I have enough HP to survive most of the nastier attacks, along with a lot of damage output. I think Ra Dragon and D.Meta are also pretty well positioned for this dungeon, because of that. Teams without HP multipliers can still do really well, but they can just kind of die randomly too.

@Cosmo Are you okay over there? You're not looking well.

Aesnath

Kushinada, Triple Haku, Diaochan. I have enough HP to survive most of the nastier attacks, along with a lot of damage output. I think Ra Dragon and D.Meta are also pretty well positioned for this dungeon, because of that. Teams without HP multipliers can still do really well, but they can just kind of die randomly too.

@Cosmo Are you okay over there? You're not looking well.

Yeah, I'm just not sure about how to approach it. Meri has the damage, but not the HP. While D. Athena has the HP, but not the damage. I'm probably just going to wait.

Yeah, I'm just not sure about how to approach it. Meri has the damage, but not the HP. While D. Athena has the HP, but not the damage. I'm probably just going to wait.

I've gone along with plenty of D.Athenas and one Meri, and I don't either is too terrible. The dungeon is hard, but it's not like you need to be super optimal or anything to get through, especially if you're willing to stone vs the boss.

D.Athena's damage is definitely lacking, but she's got enough survivability that you can probably catch a ride along with another player easily enough. Meri will just die randomly, so you'd need to run it more, but her high damage and +combo count active means you can probably be very relevant vs the horrors, as long as you make it that far.

Basically, if you want a Cthulhu or Nyara, I don't think it would be unreasonable for you. Aza would be pretty brutal to hunt down though. If you'd like to come along with me sometime, let me know. I've carried people with far worse teams than D.Athena or Meri in pub rooms.

b33r

I like 3 player it's interesting. But sometimes you get paired with some very bad people. Which I didn't mind until I realized if someone in your party doesn't have full sbr and gets binded, it affects all 3 players. That is some b.s. and i think it's a bad mechanic. You don't share anything else but the board, so why share a penalty not caused by your team?

Rant aside, it's fun.

jiggle

I think today is the first day in many many months that I let my stamina cap out and I just didn't care :(
Ive been dumping mine on metal dragons just to get them over with

So painful to see jpn server getting endless Pii and we don't even have our first(of 4) gatchadra dungeon yet

Bladelaw

Stream on Friday at 7pm PST. Two announcements "we won't want to miss!"

Given the recent data push had Academy REM cards (according to reddit) I'm guessing they'll tease that but the second announcement is wide open.

Light Jorm, June Bride tease, Monster Hunter Collab announcement, the One Time Bargain reset (yes we already know via facebook), more of the JP R/evo's from the big 55 push.

I'm not holding high expectations but it'd be neat if we got MonHun.

W-00

Stream on Friday at 7pm PST. Two announcements "we won't want to miss!"

Given the recent data push had Academy REM cards (according to reddit) I'm guessing they'll tease that but the second announcement is wide open.

Light Jorm, June Bride tease, Monster Hunter Collab announcement, the One Time Bargain reset (yes we already know via facebook), more of the JP R/evo's from the big 55 push.

I'm not holding high expectations but it'd be neat if we got MonHun.

Also possible are the GachaDra dungeons, the Rank 500 Memorial Egg Machine, or another 5x reset (because JP has apparently had another).

Aesnath

Again, I just want to stress how crappy it is to put your collab skill up material as alternate drops in the collab dungeon. I get that it is what they will do from here on out, but it sucks.

I've gone along with plenty of D.Athenas and one Meri, and I don't either is too terrible. The dungeon is hard, but it's not like you need to be super optimal or anything to get through, especially if you're willing to stone vs the boss.

D.Athena's damage is definitely lacking, but she's got enough survivability that you can probably catch a ride along with another player easily enough. Meri will just die randomly, so you'd need to run it more, but her high damage and +combo count active means you can probably be very relevant vs the horrors, as long as you make it that far.

Basically, if you want a Cthulhu or Nyara, I don't think it would be unreasonable for you. Aza would be pretty brutal to hunt down though. If you'd like to come along with me sometime, let me know. I've carried people with far worse teams than D.Athena or Meri in pub rooms.

Thanks, I might take you up on that sometime.

I can't wait to play Monster Hunter collab with monsters in a game the US will never get

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath. I was pretty hopeful initially, but with XX not getting a US release and this not being tied to world, I'm not sure how it would happen.

"The biggest thing looking back on what we could have done better is making it a global launch," Morishita said. "Due to the staggered release dates, the update schedules are also staggered. The P&D global game is slightly behind Japan in that sense... Then there's a gap between communication of what we have with our [Japanese] users and then users in other regions. And then our users start feeling somewhat negative, 'Oh, we're always going to be behind Japan.' And that might heavily affect our users' interest in our products when they see these differences."
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1395846

Bladelaw

Ok so that tells us they understand there's a problem regarding release timing and info but it doesn't look they'll be doing anything to address that with current projects. It reads more like a "lessons learned" bullet to be taken into account for the next project so they don't make the same mistake twice. I'm guessing if PaD was more popular in NA/EU they would accelerate the update schedule to match JP. Hell EU still doesn't have an Android client which is fucked if they're looking to make some money from that market.

I'd love to be proven wrong but unless they improve their pipeline from JP-->NA/EU I don't see it happening. I get that licensing for all regions may not be worth the money for some collabs so I can understand (even if I disagree) on not releasing collabs like Kinnikuman and Shonen Sunday but at least keep us on the same patch and give us something. The idea of a reskin JP collab works for me even if they stick to public domain stuff. If they do a "Movie Monster" collab with Frankenstein's Monster, the Mummy, Dracula, Wolfman, and the like I'd be cool with that. I mean given the new Cosmic Horrors they aren't afraid to raid "recent" public domain for ideas.

Aesnath

Well, PAD academy just got announced for next week. Not too surprising. However, this means that the two "special announcements" on the stream tonight shouldn't include academy (I would guess). I suspect the rank 500 roll is still a pretty good guess for one, but the other is less obvious. We should be getting closer to gatchadra, but I'm not sure if that it a special announcement. Seems like they would need an entire stream to explain the system (assuming they handle it like in JP).

Any guesses?

Ok so that tells us they understand there's a problem regarding release timing and info but it doesn't look they'll be doing anything to address that with current projects. It reads more like a "lessons learned" bullet to be taken into account for the next project so they don't make the same mistake twice. I'm guessing if PaD was more popular in NA/EU they would accelerate the update schedule to match JP. Hell EU still doesn't have an Android client which is fucked if they're looking to make some money from that market.

I'd love to be proven wrong but unless they improve their pipeline from JP-->NA/EU I don't see it happening. I get that licensing for all regions may not be worth the money for some collabs so I can understand (even if I disagree) on not releasing collabs like Kinnikuman and Shonen Sunday but at least keep us on the same patch and give us something. The idea of a reskin JP collab works for me even if they stick to public domain stuff. If they do a "Movie Monster" collab with Frankenstein's Monster, the Mummy, Dracula, Wolfman, and the like I'd be cool with that. I mean given the new Cosmic Horrors they aren't afraid to raid "recent" public domain for ideas.

I'm genuinely hopeful that, as we go on, re-skins may happen. Sure, Voltron didn't really pan out, but that doesn't mean future ones won't. I really like your idea of the "movie monster" collab. I also think there are other properties where crossover might make a lot of sense, if they just pursued it.

Bladelaw

Anyone excited about the Academy REM?
At least we get a free roll.

The only things that really pique my interest is Athena and Orochi. I was planning on rolling hard for Orochi but that was before they announced Bride Persephone. Now I'm probably going to hold back. School Acala looks like a nice consolation prize but I have better leads in blue.

Aesnath

Yeah, Academy seems a bit...lame.

Most of the best stuff is just a re-color (true of a lot of seasonals, I guess), and the re-colors don't really add much. I'll probably roll a few times. Dark Orochi would be a fun inherit and I don't have a susano. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'd do with anything else.

I'm personally waiting on a GFE update. Sure ameno-whatever and Yog are 6*, but at least they seem useful.

Bladelaw

Yeah, Academy seems a bit...lame.

Most of the best stuff is just a re-color (true of a lot of seasonals, I guess), and the re-colors don't really add much. I'll probably roll a few times. Dark Orochi would be a fun inherit and I don't have a susano. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'd do with anything else.

I'm personally waiting on a GFE update. Sure ameno-whatever and Yog are 6*, but at least they seem useful.

So Dark Orochi seems like a solid replacement for the Loki slot in a Dathena team. Triple prong makes up for the lack of 7 combo, double SB/SBR/TE fills a lot of awakening gaps Loki has, The extra HP makes tanking Gaia Dragon that much easier. The down side is sticking your spike on him means you don't have a fall back spike in case of Heph dragon and the extra delay while nice, is mostly wasted. but yeah I wouldn't chase him if I had something to fill that slot already.

I think I'm going to venture into 3p Cosmic Trinity this weekend. I built a strong Anubis team so I think I can get through the dungeon unless Sopdet, Star(Another) Justice, or Goemon show up on my turn. It has enough HP and resists to tank Azathoth over 70% for 999 turns, and Raph handles chipping Cthulu and swiping Nyarlathotep's full blind.

The team:
Anubis (Uevo Sheena +297) (3x Dark Latents 2x HP Latents)
Diaochan (Wedding Satsuki +297) (5x Dark Latents) <--Satsuki is for stats
Diaochan (Revo Izanagi +297) (5x Dark Latents) <--burst is for Azathoth otherwise just stats
Revo Indra (Raphael +297) (5x HP Latents)
Dark Knight Cecil (Lumiel +297) (1x Dark Latent, 2x SDR)
Anubis (Uevo Sheena +297) (3x Dark Latents, 2x SDR)

All told 52% dark resist (35% from awakenings, 17% from latents), a skill every turn, solutions to all three Horrors, and enough move time to 8-9-10 combo a given board.

jiggle

Can anyone explain to me how stoning for stamina works
After 3 years of playing I'm only thinking of doing it now for unlimited Pii lol

So if I'm at 0 stamina and needs 50k XP to rank up
I stone for 300 stamina and uses 25 stamina to get 50k xp for rank up
That fills my regular pool of stamina to 300, Plus 275 stamina leftover from stoning right?

So with a total of 575 stamina
But My next rank up only needs 450
What happens to the 125 leftover stamina now?

Top Bottom