• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Cleared 1-5 easy enough with Julie. Will go into 6-10 blind. Floor 7 can grodin/ama cheese with gravs?

Yep, only real requirement is patience if you're going that route, don't fall asleep or forget to match orbs.

Edit: Done
I used Anubis, Gunma, Mito (3 devil killer latents), FUA Skuld, Aten, Diablos

Fl1, touch the bird and combo out kills unless it's the red keeper, then you need to do it twice
Fl2, touch the bird and combo out, Aten puts in work here.
Fl3, touch the bird and 8c (notice a pattern?) Mito kills on her own
Fl4, touch the bird, Skuld, combo out with FUA. Mito drops him to 1 on her own and skuld taps for the kill.

It took a couple tries because I panicked on the skuld board. In testing I learned something though: If you drop Azazel's resolve first turn without sending him into fuck you mode he doesn't put up his damage absorb so that's cool. I still died that run. Prize is a 297 Azazel and obviously the trigod mask.

Aesnath

OK, so I'm up to floor eight, planning on R. Minerva cheese for it.

Ran Meri (7*) with six star or lower subs (Sitri/MH Mammoth/Shinji Scheat/Beach Urd) for floor five; ended up with 77k hp and hit like a truck. However, the first floor sucked and resolve bosses (with me being really unsure of damage given the 6* bonus) made it a slog. It took four tries, but I beat it.

Floor 6, ended up running Minerva with DK Tsubaki/DK Tsubaki/Aten/FUA Urd. Minerva was probably a solid choice, but a few things made it a harder than average. In particular, I never really dealt enough damage to takemina--whatever (white/blue resolve spawn) to need follow-up attack. Moreover, Elia has a lot of defense, which I didn't realize would be an issue. She couldn't actually kill me though, so we just sat there as I recharged my Ilm inherit repeatedly until I ended up with a two row board and a fair amount of skyfall to kill her outright. Myr wasn't too bad.

Floor seven, went with dual anubisxanubis. Really didn't have a good feel for the damage, first time trying to deal damage, a lot of my subs did too much damage. Team was Anubis (sheena)/R. Yomi/Diochan/Diochan/DD Cecil. Had a lot of dark resist, so I could tank the easier hits pretty well and heal back up. It took a while for me to figure out the sweet spot for damage, but I got there first try.

Bladelaw

OK, so I'm up to floor eight, planning on R. Minerva cheese for it.

Ran Meri (7*) with six star or lower subs (Sitri/MH Mammoth/Shinji Scheat/Beach Urd) for floor five; ended up with 77k hp and hit like a truck. However, the first floor sucked and resolve bosses (with me being really unsure of damage given the 6* bonus) made it a slog. It took four tries, but I beat it.

Floor 6, ended up running Minerva with DK Tsubaki/DK Tsubaki/Aten/FUA Urd. Minerva was probably a solid choice, but a few things made it a harder than average. In particular, I never really dealt enough damage to takemina--whatever (white/blue resolve spawn) to need follow-up attack. Moreover, Elia has a lot of defense, which I didn't realize would be an issue. She couldn't actually kill me though, so we just sat there as I recharged my Ilm inherit repeatedly until I ended up with a two row board and a fair amount of skyfall to kill her outright. Myr wasn't too bad.

Floor seven, went with dual anubisxanubis. Really didn't have a good feel for the damage, first time trying to deal damage, a lot of my subs did too much damage. Team was Anubis (sheena)/R. Yomi/Diochan/Diochan/DD Cecil. Had a lot of dark resist, so I could tank the easier hits pretty well and heal back up. It took a while for me to figure out the sweet spot for damage, but I got there first try.

Floor 9 is really easy if you have Anubis and can combo. Just remember to bring an unlock for the last part.

Trying to find a non-Anubis clear of C9 is tough, I was trying to help someone through it that hadn't rolled him and man if you don't have a combo glass cannon lead you're in trouble.

Aesnath

Floor 9 is really easy if you have Anubis and can combo. Just remember to bring an unlock for the last part.

Trying to find a non-Anubis clear of C9 is tough, I was trying to help someone through it that hadn't rolled him and man if you don't have a combo glass cannon lead you're in trouble.

Well, I can go Anubis/Diabolos again. I have been doing OK with it so far. I really never did much with it beforehand, just due to how much I suck with Anubis/Anubis. The bigger board helps me hit 8, but I still usually need skyfall for anything more than that. Or a board change.

Honestly, I'll be a bit surprised if I make it thorough this thing, but I'm willing to give it a shot. With the dragonkiller from 8, I can actually put killer latents on D.Athena, which is pretty cool.

Jagernaut

I haven't made it to c9 yet, but I don't have Anubis. How about R Bastet (paired with Diablos?). I could bring a max skilled Super Gunma to activate every turn, and some strong tpa/7c subs.

Bladelaw

I haven't made it to c9 yet, but I don't have Anubis. How about R Bastet (paired with Diablos?). I could bring a max skilled Super Gunma to activate every turn, and some strong tpa/7c subs.

Paired with diablos will make Sandalphon a nightmare. You want to maintain a 6x5 board for this one because of the full board orb rotate gimmick he uses. on 7x6 it's 30 random orbs instead of a full board. Depending on how they're distributed you might be in trouble. RBastet x Anubis could work. 375x with some godkiller backup should do it especially if you have Aten. Aten is insanely strong in C9 with 9x on every floor but Sandalphon.

EDIT: GF incoming https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...ter-bootcamp-part-1-godfest/1784580734903844/

3k1 and 3k2 on day 1, Chinese and samurai 2 on day 2

Negator

A lot of stuff happening all at once soon.

Pretty dope event
Pretty dope challenge dungeon
Amazing Godfest incoming (NO NEY REEEEEE)
Monthly Quests starting next month
Maintenance on August 5th (TRADING!?!??!)
Next event is pretty much going to have the +30 descends and Pii invades

W-00

Oh, dammit. Of course 3K2 has to be paired with 3K1. My main really needs a couple Diaochans, but if it rolls for them, I'm sure it will roll Liu Bei #6. And it would really like most of the Samurai 2 pantheon, too. At least my alt will be able to roll with abandon on day 2.

jiggle

kinda disappointed with this GF
It's the one I've been hoarding stones for
But that was because it came with 5* gala and Ney :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sometimes this game....

I just went 24 turns without a single skyfall combo (trying to clear the 7 combo shield floor for the heretic thing). 24 turns. I mean, what the fuck?

Aesnath

C9 suuucks! I tried with Anubis/Diabolos and I am not good enough at this game for that. Of note, even hitting 8c, you don't kill some of the spawns.

Now I'm trying D.Meta and killers. I'm still pretty concerned about Sandaphalon (as he's not a dragon), but hopefully it'll work out. I'm bringing along Aten, as he does have some relevant killers, but it still tricky. I've only gotten to the red/blue bird once.

I should just stop while I'm ahead--I don't care too much about the remaining killer or the tri-mask, but, apparently, I am a glutton for punishment.

Also, godfest seems solid, especially day 2.

Bladelaw

C9 suuucks! I tried with Anubis/Diabolos and I am not good enough at this game for that. Of note, even hitting 8c, you don't kill some of the spawns.

Now I'm trying D.Meta and killers. I'm still pretty concerned about Sandaphalon (as he's not a dragon), but hopefully it'll work out. I'm bringing along Aten, as he does have some relevant killers, but it still tricky. I've only gotten to the red/blue bird once.

I should just stop while I'm ahead--I don't care too much about the remaining killer or the tri-mask, but, apparently, I am a glutton for punishment.

Also, godfest seems solid, especially day 2.

DMeta could work

Here's what I did: Anubis, Diao, Diao, Dragon Killer Tsubaki, Aten, Anubis
You could replace the Diao's with Gunma and Khepri/RYomi imo though (worked for my alt).

You can stall on floor 1 if you need to, just keep HP over 27k. 8c with light and fire in there somewhere should do it.
Every other floor is combo out, if you get hit with the time debuff, pop Khepri/Diao/Yomi to clear it. Aten and Tsubaki are MVPs here.

On Sandalphon use the orb hold cheese making dark (4 combos), light (4 combos), and fire (2 combos). Honestly Aten alone might be enough to kill so a dark/light board probably works. If you have the maniac TE badge use it, the normal one works too.

If you don't have Aten then use a hard hitting god killer because I don't think we have any God/Healer killers in NA.

I never thought I'd have a "best sub" use for Aten but here it is.

EDIT: JP alt pulled Amatsu so that's great. I have a usable bhunter team over there now so I can actually coop without feeling like a drag. Bhunter, Amatsu, Gan Ning, Sumire, Karin.

What's the purpose for the tri-mask? I saw it's a mat for a couple descend drops but are those guys worth the effort? Stuck on floor 6 right now mostly because I'm playing baaad.

They're going to become more relevant as time goes on. For example Hera-Nyx requires one and she has 30% true gravity.

The upcoming monthly quests in NA have a trimask as the reward for beating C10 anyways, and I actually beat that quest unlike this challenge set

Bladelaw

What's the purpose for the tri-mask? I saw it's a mat for a couple descend drops but are those guys worth the effort? Stuck on floor 6 right now mostly because I'm playing baaad.

It's a reincarnation evo mask for the following so far:
Jormungandr-Ullr: makes a light/heart/jammer board and poisons the enemy. Also the fabled jammer cross lead.

Light Azazel: Spike based on the number of god killers in the team.

Athena Helios: Kind of a red version of dark Athena. Weaker active (enhance light + red & +1 sec to move time, 5 turn cooldown), worse leader skill, and great awakenings, triple prong, dragon/healer killer, 2sb, and 2 fire OE.

Most folks are saving this tri-god mask for Athena but a case could be made for Ullr if you run those teams.

Aesnath

DMeta could work

Here's what I did: Anubis, Diao, Diao, Dragon Killer Tsubaki, Aten, Anubis
You could replace the Diao's with Gunma and Khepri/RYomi imo though (worked for my alt).

You can stall on floor 1 if you need to, just keep HP over 27k. 8c with light and fire in there somewhere should do it.
Every other floor is combo out, if you get hit with the time debuff, pop Khepri/Diao/Yomi to clear it. Aten and Tsubaki are MVPs here.

On Sandalphon use the orb hold cheese making dark (4 combos), light (4 combos), and fire (2 combos). Honestly Aten alone might be enough to kill so a dark/light board probably works. If you have the maniac TE badge use it, the normal one works too.

If you don't have Aten then use a hard hitting god killer because I don't think we have any God/Healer killers in NA.

I never thought I'd have a "best sub" use for Aten but here it is.

EDIT: JP alt pulled Amatsu so that's great. I have a usable bhunter team over there now so I can actually coop without feeling like a drag. Bhunter, Amatsu, Gan Ning, Sumire, Karin.

At this point in my PAD career, I can't anubis on a regular board. I could build your team, but I couldn't play it. I can hit 8c on 7x6, but not on 6x5. I can sometimes hit 7c on a 6x5, but it is dicey.

Bladelaw

At this point in my PAD career, I can't anubis on a regular board. I could build your team, but I couldn't play it. I can hit 8c on 7x6, but not on 6x5. I can sometimes hit 7c on a 6x5, but it is dicey.

If anything came out of my White Snake hell it's learning the importance of patience. If you're willing to practice you can download combo master (on android, not sure of the iOS equivalent) and load up your boards and practice them until you can reliably hit the activation threshold. Then switch back to the game, follow your muscle memory and move on. It takes more time but it was the only way I could clear Ullr.

And of course this is only if you need the clear. I have trouble letting dungeons pass cause I know I have the box to clear anything in the game but not always the skill.

If you go the Dmeta route I'd still recommend Aten and Tsubaki. You can eat a couple hits early and set up the board for the 8 combo. Play around in endless to test your damage and see if you can deal enough damage on an optimal board to 1 shot Sandalphon. The other two subs would ideally give you enough move time to combo and throw another god or healer killer in there somewhere. I'd help you test but no Dmeta.

Aesnath

If anything came out of my White Snake hell it's learning the importance of patience. If you're willing to practice you can download combo master (on android, not sure of the iOS equivalent) and load up your boards and practice them until you can reliably hit the activation threshold. Then switch back to the game, follow your muscle memory and move on. It takes more time but it was the only way I could clear Ullr.

And of course this is only if you need the clear. I have trouble letting dungeons pass cause I know I have the box to clear anything in the game but not always the skill.

If you go the Dmeta route I'd still recommend Aten and Tsubaki. You can eat a couple hits early and set up the board for the 8 combo. Play around in endless to test your damage and see if you can deal enough damage on an optimal board to 1 shot Sandalphon. The other two subs would ideally give you enough move time to combo and throw another god or healer killer in there somewhere. I'd help you test but no Dmeta.

I appreciate the suggestion. Just as a point, I always appreciate your help with this stuff.

If I continue to have trouble with D.Meta (really the first time I've tried her on anything challenging, so some of it is learning her), I might go back to anubis/diabolos and bring Aten and tsubaki. I really hadn't thought about it before.

Or, you know, I could just roll Yog and go with that. Stupid godfests and 6* BS...

And why is everything 6* now? I mean, that toy dragoncaller lady seems useful, but why is she 6*? I guess if you want a dark FUA unit, you're gonna have to pay.

raiot

Floor 7 - Dracaris!
sIzMhwV_d.jpg

forgrim

Would revo kushi have enough damage for c9? Dunno what to try with, her and dath are my primary teams...thinking maybe ill cobble together a d.meta team and attempt

Bladelaw

Anyone having trouble with c9 watch mantastics clear. There's a good explanation of the mechanics and he uses a relatively simple to build Meri team. Certainly less whale than the Anubis comps.

Revo kush can probably cut it with the right subs but probably not sweeping every floor. If you dragon killer latent your subs and have a god killer I could see it though.

b33r

After about 9 attempts managed to clear C8. Fuck that last boss.

I just passed 5, took me way too many tries. Finally put a team together that worked, blue male hunter paired with Diablos and a bunch of random 6* subs.

I don't really have a high hp leader to do the rest. I did just pull dmeta and made her, so maybe I can learn to play her for some of the rest. I have a great dark box, but never played this leader type yet.

Just yolo'd into C7 with an Amatsu paired with friend Anubis and wrecked it first try. Ranked up to so I wasted 250stam since I was sure it wouldn't actually work out. Oh well.

Onto C8 and my third dragon killer, hopefully. Been waiting a while to ad them to my Hakus.

jiggle

Which Ney is better?
I replaced Dathena with a Blue Ney on main
But my alt account just pulled her and I'm not sure what to do

Double blue?

Had to quit out of a perfect coop A3 run because I didn't bring my 3rd Fujin for HeraDra after hitting Parvati and Vishnu. That was the first time I actually saw Hera too. So infuriating.

Kwhit10

Rolled once on each account
Main: paimon (dupe but welcome)
Alt: Diao Chan (wooo)
Wife: evo'd light wee Jas (troll diamond...)

Wasn't going to pull but saw you pulled diao Chan and I want my first so...

1) lubu dupe
2) diao Chan desire sensor worked!

Let's push my luck... 3rd ROdin.

Bladelaw

My alt rolled an Amenominakanushi and my main rolled a Yog. Worth using as leads? Yog seems pretty good.

Both are great leads. Amenominakanushi is really strong. Paired with himself and he can heal from almost anything with 3 hearts, paired with Arondight (B/L Brave 2) and you get a decent mix of HP/RCV if you can field a L/B team. If you have Alcyone and ADQXQ (not revo) then you can get away with flex subs for the other two slots.

Yog is OP as hell. Pair with himself for stupid damage at full hp and only "ok" damage under his 80% threshold. Any card that makes light and heart is welcome. More HP is nice too to give you more flexibility on his threshold. Revo Indra, Light escha, Revo Apollo, Awoken Wukong are all great on the team.

There's a couple templates out there for 3p UDR Yog kill teams that slams through that dungeon too.

W-00

Rolled five times on my main.

Sitri #4 (which is a little bit funny, considering that I'd just finally been getting around to skilling up the other three)
Shotel
DQXQ #5 (and I still refuse to make revo until they replace their water rows with something better or give them back the water subtype!)
Anima
Delgado

I suppose the complete lack of silvers is a bit surprising, but this was still pure crap. I just wanted a DIachan or two! Is it really so much to ask that my account with Anubis gets a Diaochan?

Aesnath

Still in C9 Hell. I think a D.Meta clear is there, but I'm just not sure how to get there consistently enough. I may switch it up--I may check what mantastic has going on.

Rolled twice so far: liu bei, so I guess I could join the club and markab #4. Eh, nothing I needed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have my fingers crossed for my 3 pulls I have saved up tomorrow. Give me my second Kaede so I can retire from PAD for good. I've only been playing Ronove, and despite his lack of buff, that team is just so so good. I'm sure I would find myself struggling with some of the newer content simply because of all these weird new modifiers, but overall, Ronove is my jam.

jiggle

Hoping for yog ryune blonia saria-dupes on day 2

An army of the new Saria is amazing

Alt account desperately needs an Ilm and more hakus

My alt rolled an Amenominakanushi and my main rolled a Yog. Worth using as leads? Yog seems pretty good.
You hit the gacha jackpot

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Rolled big on alt looking for Liu Bei and got crap. Almost all dupes: DQXQ, Vajrawhatever, Amenowhatever, Dantalion, Wee Jas, Grodin, Avalon Drake.

Drake was the only non-dupe. All of those would have been non-dupes on the main acct except DQXQ.

Day 2 all pulls on main chasing Haku. I'm sure it'll be another day of disappointment.

Aesnath

Rolled big on alt looking for Liu Bei and got crap. Almost all dupes: DQXQ, Vajrawhatever, Amenowhatever, Dantalion, Wee Jas, Grodin, Avalon Drake.

Drake was the only non-dupe. All of those would have been non-dupes on the main acct except DQXQ.

Day 2 all pulls on main chasing Haku. I'm sure it'll be another day of disappointment.

Really, disappointment is what PAD is about, right?

I'm just on a bit of a down-note with the game, mostly 'cause I'm butthurt about not getting yog. I don't think I've ever really cared about pulling something before--it suuuucks.

It isn't just the powerlevel, it also sounds kinda fun, and I just really like lovecraft. Moreover, it is really the only Old god that cuts it as a lead.

b33r

Really, disappointment is what PAD is about, right?

I'm just on a bit of a down-note with the game, mostly 'cause I'm butthurt about not getting yog. I don't think I've ever really cared about pulling something before--it suuuucks.

It isn't just the powerlevel, it also sounds kinda fun, and I just really like lovecraft. Moreover, it is really the only Old god that cuts it as a lead.

I'm still in that boat with you, want Yog so bad. Had enough for 3 pulls, no Yog, but Avalon drake and lu by, they are new. Sold my third balboa. When I play 3p and I get Yog teammates I get jealous...

jiggle

Well something snapped
And i went all in
60 pulls across both accounts
And i`m still Yog-less
Not even an Ameno

Got a lot of other cards i wanted though
But still bummed

Jagernaut

6 rolls
Ronia
Oichi(woooooo)
Wee Jas
Aten (4th...)
Caladbolg (3rd...)
DMETA (FUCK YESSSSSSS)

Congrats on the Dark Metatron, she was one of the first GFE I pulled years ago.

Day 1
Markab - new

Day 2
Inahime - new, probably evo to Awoken form
Tsubaki #4
Haku #3

W-00

Alt:
Cursed Dragon (that sucks)
LMeta (dupe, so now I can have both forms, which is a little bit better)
Appoluo (hey, these rolls seem to be getting better and better)
HAKU #2 (at this rate my next pull will be Inahime or something)
INAHIME!!!! (YAHO- oh wait, it was my main that had a good use for Inahime. Oh well, still happy)
Yomi (Bit of a downgrade, but still good)
Diadem #4 (Probably a good idea to stop)

Main:
Typhon (I believe he's the last piece I needed to make the ideal DAthena team, aside from DAthena herself. Why couldn't you have showed up months ago, Typhon?)
Satsuki #2 (these rolls seem to be getting worse. I probably shouldn't waste my last roll)

Aesnath

Decided to try something a bit different with an Ilm team for C9--managed to beat it barely. Now I have to figure out whether or not C10 is worth the trouble and do I have a team that can manage it. It just seems really shitty all the way around.

Another three rolls day 1 (previous liu bei and markab)
3. Gremory (dupe, kinda neat, I guess--not sure what to do with it, but now I don't have to choose between evos)
4. Lu bu (dupe, pretty sad)
5. LU BU (??!??!?)

Today
1. Nohime (pretty nice)
2. Fujin (fourth copy--god help me, what do you do with them)
3. MeiMei (didn't have one, pretty nice)

So, overall, not too bad. 6* dupes are starting to become a problem. I have now rolled 4 of two different 6* (fujin and green sonia), which I feel is kinda lame.

Top Bottom