• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Spent 2 stones to max skill Gvalk and Bvalk during Poring Tower.... Worth it.

Now waiting for Tuesday dungeon so I can evolve them.

coy

I cannot state enough how much I enjoy the Thor/Saria team. After failing with my hyper Parvati team, I took T/S with DQ, Valk, Rowphael, and Sakuya (for the bind clears) to Descended C10 before it went away and got him down first attempt phew. Sakuya is +297 and Saria friend is hyper but that's it. Raph's immunity is a godsend and the Haste helped in two key moments. I can shift focus to the other Challenge dungeons this week.

CaG30rZVIAAvQRM.jpg

CaG34YLVAAA9e5U.jpg

Well I do have g/d ceres and aamir is around but I didn't roll for alraune.

Neither of those are really great options though I don't feel. G/d has awful awakenings and I haven't looked at aamir seriously enough to make a determination on her.

Do you have Sleeping Beauty? Her stats blow but she is bind immune and reduces bind by 3.

Spent 2 stones to max skill Gvalk and Bvalk during Poring Tower.... Worth it.

Now waiting for Tuesday dungeon so I can evolve them.

I am doing this now for B.Valk and a dupe G.Valk also. Let me just say that I hate trying during 2x skillups. I'll do 10 and see the results but if I can max skill them in 2 stones like you did I would be very pleased.

hermit7

I cannot state enough how much I enjoy the Thor/Saria team. After failing with my hyper Parvati team, I took T/S with DQ, Valk, Rowphael, and Sakuya (for the bind clears) to Descended C10 before it went away and got him down first attempt phew. Sakuya is +297 and Saria friend is hyper but that's it. Raph's immunity is a godsend and the Haste helped in two key moments. I can shift focus to the other Challenge dungeons this week.

Do you have Sleeping Beauty? Her stats blow but she is bind immune and reduces bind by 3.

I am doing this now for B.Valk and a dupe G.Valk also. Let me just say that I hate trying during 2x skillups. I'll do 10 and see the results but if I can max skill them in 2 stones like you did I would be very pleased.

You're right I had completely forgotten about her, seems useful enough in those situations I didn't even know that she was a devil. Would definitely work well enough when bind is needed. Pandora is useful for clearing binds as long as they don't hit the leader, but that isn't always guaranteed.

coy

You're right I had completely forgotten about her, seems useful enough in those situations I didn't even know that she was a devil. Would definitely work well enough when bind is needed. Pandora is useful for clearing binds as long as they don't hit the leader, but that isn't always guaranteed.
I happen to have one that has proven useful on the rare occasion I needed her. Here's to hoping them, along with Wizards and whatever other sets have been neglected, see some love in the near future.

jiggle

Wow
Just had perhaps the worst GF ever in memory

Alt
Strawberry
Sharon
Chimera
Water dragon sordsman
Sylph

Main
Baal
Angelious
FAmiel

Thought GF was broken
If not for the famiel on last pUll

Whitelines

Neo Member
JP
3 Rolls
1 Trash insta sold
2 Archangel Michael
3 Vishnu ! Blew my mind, i have been rolling for him every godfest he is in. So happy :D

cw_sasuke

Tama Retreat at a serviceable time today for us Rixa xD
Hope you had enough luck maxing them... i got 0/5 on my first attempt with GValk but it improved with every attempt. Second attempts was 1/5...then 2/5...then i was finished.

My BValk only needed 3 more skillups so this was easier anyway.

colinp

Banned
Sold all GFE dupe to purchase Yomidra. Totally worth it!

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Ult. Dragon Rush is too difficult for me. Only get one chance too since my stamina is too low. Well, maybe someday...

Pulled once more for Godfest and got my first Ronia! Woohoo!

Now I've got too many monsters to level, evolve and awoken! Really need to focus and figure out what is most important and where I should be putting my efforts.

Two options for a blue team.

TPA

Row

Or a hybrid. Opinions?

I'm thinking of doing TPA. Similar play style to my current Yomi Dragon team which I like. Just need a whole mess of tamadras. I pulled all these blue cards while pulling for dark monsters and realized I could put some cool teams together for blue.

cw_sasuke

Ooh 23:00 for me. I guess I need to be awake then, eventho I have early morning (as usual) 05:45 wake up :p.

Heh same here...well its 10pm here but i also have to get up at 5:30 every day, but its better than the Retreats we get around 3AM at weekends lol.
Which Tamadra dungeon is better to run? 50 stam or 99 version?
50 stamina, unless you also want to farm Odin skillups.

Rixa

Heh same here...well its 10pm here but i also have to get up at 5:30 every day, but its better than the Retreats we get around 3AM at weekends lol.

50 stamina, unless you also want to farm Odin skillups.

Blah, just fed 8 B-Tamas to I&I and got whopping 1 awoken.

Also Takeminakata Mythical took 2 tries with Water team (I had lvl 45 I&I unawoken there, noticed after I pushed enter). Loaned your Sumire, seems to work ok with A.Lakshmi. I need that one Metal King Dragon, today is the day but so is the TR. I guess I stone for stamina or something.

HGH

Banned
I think I picked the wrong game to play. My OCD forces me to have one of each type of monster in my box even if it means having stuff like Fighters and Carbuncles. Making space is gonna drive me crazy.
Well not that my pulls haven't already. 3 Valkyries and a Fire Dragon Knight...

So I'm not sure I quite get how to use Pengdras as fodder yet. I have a base light elemental one right now. Do I fatten it up to level 10 before using it as fodder, or do I do that and evolve than max it again before feeding it to someone?

jiggle

Day 550 day!
5 stone gift turned into Australis
It's no Eschamali but I'll take it!
GF not a total disaster anymore...

So I'm not sure I quite get how to use Pengdras as fodder yet. I have a base light elemental one right now. Do I fatten it up to level 10 before using it as fodder, or do I do that and evolve than max it again before feeding it to someone?
Lv10 Pengdra of same element - 15000 xp
Lv10 Pengdra of dif element - 10000 xp
Evolved pengdra of same element - 45000 XP
Evolved pengdra of dif element - 30000 XP

Matching fodder element will always give you 50% more xp
Any fodder

It's better to feed evolved version if you have the box space
Though judging from your self admitted problem
That may not be possible :p

If you are feeding unevolved pengdras
A lv 8 or 9 one can be just as good as a lv10

NineH

Day 1 of godfest was a dud for me and day 2 is more of the same

Ronia (dupe)
Rei Sirius (dupe)
Ars Nova (new at least)
Ivory dragon ( UGH )

come back soon 4x GFE, these horrible rolls are making me sad.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any reason to keep dupes of Grodin, Ra, Lumiel, or Keiji? Also landed a Kirin...Should I just feed my plusses santa Kirin now since regular Kirin looks to be the better monster?

ZeroAKA

My streak of YOLO silver eggs during Godfest continues... Now I'm thinking about selling 3 of my 5 Ronias and buy a Yomi Dragon to ease the pain, but I still don't have a Haku. :(

Quantum

Any reason to keep dupes of Grodin, Ra, Lumiel, or Keiji? Also landed a Kirin...Should I just feed my plusses santa Kirin now since regular Kirin looks to be the better monster?

I always keep 1 dupe, just in case.

yolo'd a few times (read burned my free stones) on day one -

thor (ehh like 4th)
izanagi (3rd)
lemon dragon (countless)
shitan (countless)
Ryune - (finally!)

- I've always had a thing for blue set ups and have recently started running Blonia again
- certainly not a strong as Shiva or Shivad, but I constantly like new teams and shiva is boring
- not sure what team to make but Bloina x Ryune has greater than 50k and fair healing
- will be working on andro for eventual synergy.

- from selling dupes (more than two) I am easily over 300k again and hoping for some more choices in the MP card department - not interested in marionettes and not committed to making a yomidra team as I don't see the benefit compared to a good shivadra,a.ra or a.shiva team.

Ducarmel

RA can be used for push button farm team if your willing to roll more of him and max skill him.

Keiji does not have an ultimate yet, he could get split evo and awoken evo, so wait and see. Same with Lumiel she could get a split evo or awoken that may make having more then one a good option.

OG Kirin is the best Kirin.

My streak of YOLO silver eggs during Godfest continues... Now I'm thinking about selling 3 of my 5 Ronias and buy a Yomi Dragon to ease the pain, but I still don't have a Haku. :(
Do you have any other dark god full board changers pairing them with Pandora or Akechi should help fix the board.

day 2 rolls did 11 pulls. Chasing Akechi and Eschamali.

Australis Not sure what to do with this
DQXQ my 3rd gala troll
Ars Nova gala trolled again
Fire swordsman mp
Ama gala troll but new and happy to have her anyway
Kotaro wanted him badly when I mained Kali for a bit now I want to sell him
Kraken Rider sdnjf;aDSAJDF;
Earth swordsman sadnf;s'aobo;bewr;oba
Akechi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should of stopped pulling

Urd my 3rd
Akechi dupe but keeping for now maybe he will get a good ultimate making 2 worth having.

Bladelaw

used my 10 stones for 200 days login to roll
Undine (Wah Wah...)
Alrescha (New but literally the only Star God I didn't want)

Can I do anything with Alrescha?

I've also had awful luck with skill ups. 1 skill up for Siegfried, 1 for Cu Chu out of I don't know how many runs/porings. I got my ass kicked in Zeus Mercury with my Bastet and Shiva Teams but mostly because of poor play. I never actually made it to Zeus. Not that I need him for anything, it's more about me trying to get used to descended content now.

I'm steadily + egging Bastet. It's becoming rather expensive. I can basically break even over the week if I run the Weekend Legend twice.

There's a couple monsters I'm working on but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. I finally managed to get Awoken Ra so I'm wondering if I have the parts to build a team. I'm assuming it's a nonstarter without Kali of some variation. My Box in case I'm missing something.

I played around with Awoken Ra just to get a feel for 100x damage and man is it nuts. even just filling out the colors my level 22 no awakenings Ra was doing over 100k damage when I triggered his ability. I just wish I could consistently get that activation. Even when I'm not orb trolled I'm just not fast enough without the finger awakenings.

razterik

I'm not rolling right now, but I would generally advise people to hold onto any dupes until after the next JP stream explains how skill transfer works. You may wish you had waited.

J0dy77

Nice, I should have tried this. I had so many frustrating fails on this dungeon. Mainly due to me just playing like crap and dumping stamina (didn't have much time to play this week). Finally got through it with Kirin with no stamina left last night on my final run. Was the craziest run as well. Had to burn both light and dark kali actives and use orochi delay on Fat metal king to break him. Then delayed enough to get all actives back. Really needed that dark pii, glad i was able to pull through. Now to focus on the new challenge dungeons.

Anyone else feel like they can never farm latents or descendeds anymore? It seems like all of my stamina goes into challenge dungeons these days and completing anything new that comes along. I haven't seen an invade in months due to lack of attempts. Only time i've run descended was during 10x and they dropped the invades.

Nice! Yeah, I'm really loving my Saria team. It's not ideal and probably not ready for C10s and C9s, but I'm crushing descends I've never even attempted before. So much haste on my team and 2 quick orb changers so I always have a burst available when I need one.

Got burned in the director's carnival when I rolled on my birthday with a couple silvers. Had 3 rolls left for the GFE and did them all yesterday.

Wee Jas (new)
Pollux (new)
Castor (new)

Pretty solid haul and my luck has finally turned.

linsivvi

Godfest was pretty meh for me: Lemon dragon and Red Valk.

I mean, R Valk is nice and all but I was hoping for a pantheon god or godfest exclusive.

At least she's extremely easy to skill up.

Kyuur

Rolled once yesterday and once today.

Australis
Ganesha (dupe)

The only other green row unit I have is Astaroth, who doesn't match type-wise. Hopefully there will be an appealing leader sooner or later for green rows.

Ganesha will probably be ult'd and max leveled for the guarenteed skillup. One less Shynpy!

coy

Tama Retreat at a serviceable time today for us Rixa xD

Hope you had enough luck maxing them... i got 0/5 on my first attempt with GValk but it improved with every attempt. Second attempts was 1/5...then 2/5...then i was finished.

My BValk only needed 3 more skillups so this was easier anyway.

I chickened out and am now holding onto 22 blue and 27 green drops til a better skillup rate arrives. I really wanna make sure B.Valk is max skilled.

Nice, I should have tried this. I had so many frustrating fails on this dungeon. Mainly due to me just playing like crap and dumping stamina (didn't have much time to play this week). Finally got through it with Kirin with no stamina left last night on my final run. Was the craziest run as well. Had to burn both light and dark kali actives and use orochi delay on Fat metal king to break him. Then delayed enough to get all actives back. Really needed that dark pii, glad i was able to pull through. Now to focus on the new challenge dungeons.

Anyone else feel like they can never farm latents or descendeds anymore? It seems like all of my stamina goes into challenge dungeons these days and completing anything new that comes along. I haven't seen an invade in months due to lack of attempts. Only time i've run descended was during 10x and they dropped the invades.

Thanks and grats to you too. When it comes to C10 or the like, I went with Sakuya, Yomi, or Parvati to tackle it. I'm glad Thor/Saria is just as capable.

Sounds like that 3min stamina timer is what you need given real life is not in the way. I have yet to run the 5x4 latent dungeons as I keep forgetting to check out the coin dungeons. I only completed the rushes last week when word came out about their upcoming refresh.

Nice! Yeah, I'm really loving my Saria team. It's not ideal and probably not ready for C10s and C9s, but I'm crushing descends I've never even attempted before. So much haste on my team and 2 quick orb changers so I always have a burst available when I need one.

Got burned in the director's carnival when I rolled on my birthday with a couple silvers. Had 3 rolls left for the GFE and did them all yesterday.

Wee Jas (new)
Pollux (new)
Castor (new)

Pretty solid haul and my luck has finally turned.

The screenshot I posted has a non-uvo Valk and my Apocalypse is lv51 and unskilled. This pairing can do wonders! And grats on the haul. Castor is one I am chasing definitely. Plus, I think of the movie Face/Off whenever I see his name which is more incentive to chase.

I've been wondering why I've constantly had more stamina than i knew what to do with in JP recently and I've come to realize 3min stamina is probably the cause.

Ducarmel

So are the chances good we get new years collab when co-op is introduced?

Awoken the Ama I got today and wondering if I should save the pii's.

Bladelaw

So what's so great about the star gods? On my alt account I managed to pull 4 of them (Pollux, Castor, Antares, and the blue one)

Mixed2k

From OT3:

Can someone briefly explain to me how is the flow of the game early on?
I got this "Idunn&Idunna" starter but what about the rest?
I keep reading and reading but only find info on seemingly hard to obtain extra monsters, even shitty lil blue dragons and mermaids are rare to get. How do I even reach the mid-game?
The starter should allow me to push through it or do I level up this shitty water monsters like the ice golem and aqua fighter ?
When do I start getting into this "special" dungeons ? There is one right now called lightseeker that has a crappy chance of getting me a water monster, do I go for it or it's just a waste of stamina?

The match 3 gameplay in this game is pretty sweet but I'm completely overwhelmed by anything else.

Illucio

Banned
From OT3:

I keep reading and reading but only find info on seemingly hard to obtain extra monsters, even shitty lil blue dragons and mermaids are rare to get. How do I even reach the mid-game?
The starter should allow me to push through it or do I level up this shitty water monsters like the ice golem and aqua fighter ?
When do I start getting into this "special" dungeons ? There is one right now called lightseeker that has a crappy chance of getting me a water monster, do I go for it or it's just a waste of stamina?

The match 3 gameplay in this game is pretty sweet but I'm completely overwhelmed by anything else.

Early game has got much easier as time went on, you will be getting a lot of Stones during events (like 1 per day), along with stones from completing dungeons.

I&I is a great starter long term because of their awoken form which you won't be able to achieve until mid game. But good news I&I was known for being a good starter during the early days of the game. So you should be fine.

• Roll only during Godfests. (They're every 2 weeks)
  • Once you reach Tower of the Giants farm Dragons of the Tower on weekends until your level 100.
  • Don't spend stones on Stamina or recovering from a dungeon until rank 175
  • Farm Metalit Dungeon when it comes up, great exp.
  • Farm for Pengdra's during early game, roll during Metal Dragon Pal Egg weeks for exp. Once you reach 130-ish you should be making a team to farm king A Gather of Kings for Metal Dragons for exp and leaving Pengdra's behind you.
  • Aim for 200 box spaces for now (don't spend stones all at once on it.)
  • Don't ever spend stones to continue playing in the early dungeons. I will find you and kill you for doing this.
  • Don't ever sell your rare monsters early game unless you have like 3+ dupes (maintain at least 3 of each dupe until you decide you want to drop more money on this game or not. Then ask for advice on what to sell for MP.)
  • SAVE YOUR MP. Only use it for 300,000 MP Dragons.
  • evo materials as subs during early game are your friends, but do note their skills rotate often.
  • Once you unlock challenge mode and get a ton of stones for defeating all the regular dungeons you already finish save all of them to the best of your ability.
  • If you can save and hoard very well, save magic stones and roll during Player's Choice Godfest or when Godfest has 4X rates. Be sure to roll throughout the day and not all at once and risk getting dupes.

hermit7

From OT3:

Honestly it is hard to make Idunna a decent lead starting out. She is really good later on but getting the materials to evolve her is hard. I would probably try and reroll there is a godfest today so you might try that. Getting the Dragon bound or verd/ urd would be awesome to start out with and they stay relevant later as subs.

So what's so great about the star gods? On my alt account I managed to pull 4 of them (Pollux, Castor, Antares, and the blue one)

They're good tanky leads for some dungeons, and good subs with nice actives. I think the RBG ones can take down arena, but that requires a marionette purchase. Castor sees some uses on end game leads like Yomi Dra. I haven't figured out how to utilize any of mine yet, but they seem like quality pieces to have in a box.

J0dy77

YOLO for Day 2:

Gadius

Good sub for fire team?

Gadius is more used as a leader but isn't really very high tier at the moment but does has the potential to clear a lot of content with the right subs. Hopefully his awoken will be very good whenever that comes.

In the meantime he can be used as a red sub but there are tons of red options out there that are better so he usually gets pushed off teams with just average awakenings and active skill.

Bladelaw

So I have 3 stones left over from GF pulls. I intend to spend them all on the TAMA retreat. My goals: Fully awaken UUEVO Kushi (9 tamas), Finish awakening my shiva team (9 Tamas). Stockpile tamas for Amaterasu and/or Awoken Ra (8-16 tamas)

So I'm trying to farm up 34 tamas in one hour. I need to get supremely lucky (4 tama/babies each run) for 8 runs (only 108 stamina at the moment) and they all have to convert. How many runs is it possible to do in an hour? I have the space to hold them all so it'll be a quick turn around each iteration.

hermit7

So I have 3 stones left over from GF pulls. I intend to spend them all on the TAMA retreat. My goals: Fully awaken UUEVO Kushi (9 tamas), Finish awakening my shiva team (9 Tamas). Stockpile tamas for Amaterasu and/or Awoken Ra (8-16 tamas)

So I'm trying to farm up 34 tamas in one hour. I need to get supremely lucky (4 tama/babies each run) for 8 runs (only 108 stamina at the moment) and they all have to convert. How many runs is it possible to do in an hour? I have the space to hold them all so it'll be a quick turn around each iteration.

7 runs maybe depending on how many you start with.

Probably only going to get one of your goals. I don't think you will get 18 awakenings even with all those stones.

I need a bunch as well, blonia needs 3, freyr needs 4, Gabe needs 5. Freyja needs all of hers, but I have resigned myself to just getting a few at a time because I probably need about 50 with my cards. But those are all on the back burner because I don't really use them much.

Rixa

7 runs maybe depending on how many you start with.

Probably only going to get one of your goals. I don't think you will get 18 awakenings even with all those stones.
If youre feeding Baby Tamas, be prepared to be disappointed. Today I fed 8 B-Tamas and only got 1 awoken. Usually it is 1/3 rate, I dont bother to evolve them cause it takes so much stamina and time. I have 10 Tamadras in inventory and going to run Tama Retreat 5 times.

Bladelaw

Ugh. Well Shiva's crew gets dibs then. Ammy can wait until I get around to awakening her and Ra can wait until I have a team for him to lead.

hermit7

Ugh. Well Shiva's crew gets dibs then. Ammy can wait until I get around to awakening her and Ra can wait until I have a team for him to lead.

No harm in waiting anyways. Tamas retreat comes out about once a week now anyways.

Its not like it used to be where you might get 9 tamas in a month. People would need to farm king dragons hoping for an invade. Or twinlits for the drop. Ugh.

Top Bottom