• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jagernaut

used my 10 stones for 200 days login to roll
Undine (Wah Wah...)
Alrescha (New but literally the only Star God I didn't want)

Can I do anything with Alrescha?

I've also had awful luck with skill ups. 1 skill up for Siegfried, 1 for Cu Chu out of I don't know how many runs/porings. I got my ass kicked in Zeus Mercury with my Bastet and Shiva Teams but mostly because of poor play. I never actually made it to Zeus. Not that I need him for anything, it's more about me trying to get used to descended content now.

I'm steadily + egging Bastet. It's becoming rather expensive. I can basically break even over the week if I run the Weekend Legend twice.

There's a couple monsters I'm working on but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. I finally managed to get Awoken Ra so I'm wondering if I have the parts to build a team. I'm assuming it's a nonstarter without Kali of some variation. My Box in case I'm missing something.

I played around with Awoken Ra just to get a feel for 100x damage and man is it nuts. even just filling out the colors my level 22 no awakenings Ra was doing over 100k damage when I triggered his ability. I just wish I could consistently get that activation. Even when I'm not orb trolled I'm just not fast enough without the finger awakenings.

Zeus Mercury - this is a long and tough dungeon so don't feel bad about it. I'm a veteran player and I only had consistent wins once I assembled a good Awoken Amaterasu team. Now it's easy but I struggled before with Ronia and other fire teams.

Awoken Ra - you need Kalis to make a consistent team because of orb trolling. If you have a Fat Chocobo he is a good Dark Kali replacement. Without Kalis I would stick to no rcv dungeons where it's pretty easy to match 5 colors. I just got a L Kali recently but I've been able to complete some no rcv challenge dungeons without her. Short cooldown actives and extended time awakenings help a lot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No harm in waiting anyways. Tamas retreat comes out about once a week now anyways.

Its not like it used to be where you might get 9 tamas in a month. People would need to farm king dragons hoping for an invade. Or twinlits for the drop. Ugh.

Remember when it used to be a regular tama on Twinlits? And then everyone started to farm it and GungHo nerfed it to a baby? That sucked.

Also, now that I'm trying to run other teams besides AYomi and DTron, I need SO many tamas. I ran Takeminakata so I can ult my Amaterasu, and playing PAD in it's OG format (no awoken skills) is pretty archaic feeling.

Oh, and I have a bunch of new monsters thanks to spending way too much on this Godfest. To be fair, I had stones saved + some Google Play credit, but I still spent cash, ha. I also skipped New Year's fest, so this was sort of my "wait it out". No Eschamali, but I won't do what I did last time and over-pull for her. Not yet at least.

• Amaterasu
  • LKali
  • Wukong
  • 2x Keiji
  • Tsubaki
  • Sakuya
  • GrOdin
  • Earth Dragon Swordsman (was going to sell, but he seems to have his uses?)
  • BlOnia
  • Kopis
  • Akechi (<3)
  • Yukimura
  • Venus
  • Ariel
  • Pollux
  • Raphael
  • Lumiel
  • Ra
  • Izanagi
  • Baal
  • Gryps Rider (damnit...not sure if I should sell riders)
  • Apollo
  • Asty (<3)
  • Leilan
  • Verdandi

The best part about this? GrOdin, Lumiel, and Ra were my only dupes. Getting 2x Keiji is what it is. Any suggestions on what to focus on first? And of course, should I sell riders?

A. Pandora is looking pretty great so far. Reddit has an Arena 2.0 clear that apparently didn't have a lot of luck required. I now have far too many dark subs I'd like to hypermax.

I think my subs generally will make for a better Lucifer team though. Without Loki, it's tough to hit 100% SBR. And I don't know if I have it in me to farm Grisar, who seems to me like the best short orb changer for the team.

Do you guys think Zouh would be preferred over A. Haku? Gaining the stat buff/row awakening and losing haste/SBR makes it a tough call.

linsivvi

I should put a caveat on this. I have DKali, Halloween Kali, and Santa Kirin. Would it still be worth working on OG and LKali?

Well Kirin is legit 100x especially on 7x6 boards, unbindable and can remove bind so Santa Kirin is simply no contest. I think it's the best non-MP leader right now. Becasue of that I think a light main color Kali is still preferable for that team.

Ama team can stall forever in some dungeons especially when paired with a Venus. Incidentally your new Venus, Kali and Kirin all fit on that team.

That's a shit ton of light exp though LOL.

hermit7

A. Pandora is looking pretty great so far. Reddit has an Arena 2.0 clear that apparently didn't have a lot of luck required. I now have far too many dark subs I'd like to hypermax.

I think my subs generally will make for a better Lucifer team though. Without Loki, it's tough to hit 100% SBR. And I don't know if I have it in me to farm Grisar, who seems to me like the best short orb changer for the team.

Do you guys think Zouh would be preferred over A. Haku? Gaining the stat buff/row awakening and losing haste/SBR makes it a tough call.

I saw that. I am not sure either way to be honest.

I am thinking of running Pandora, a. Luci, a.loki, valk, dd Haku, Pandora

Valk for 5 turns and 2 rows. Dd for devil typing and 2 rows. Loki still provides 100 percent sbr. And luci gives the opportunity to deal damage to Predras.

I am going to plus a. Luci next, followed by valk. At least then I would have a decent team hyper maxed. Pandora will bring up the rear followed by Loki.

Luci, yomi dragon, okuni, Haku, valk. 8 rows and a bunch of tpa. Okuni gives good stall opportunities and burst.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well Kirin is legit 100x especially on 7x6 boards, unbindable and can remove bind so Santa Kirin is simply no contest. I think it's the best non-MP leader right now. Becasue of that I think a light main color Kali is still preferable for that team.

Ama team can stall forever in some dungeons especially when paired with a Venus. Incidentally your new Venus, Kali and Kirin all fit on that team.

That's a shit ton of light exp though LOL.

Hopefully my 4 snow globes will offset some of this. I have so many light monsters to level....

Which brings up my next question - if I'm willing to whale out a bit, what's the best way to level monsters right now?

Hopefully my 4 snow globes will offset some of this. I have so many light monsters to level....

Which brings up my next question - if I'm willing to whale out a bit, what's the best way to level monsters right now?

Yeah, stone super kings. I did that to get skill ups for Saria/Typhon, and the by product was basically leveling my whole Saria team from scratch.

jay23

Are the technical dungeons the fastest way to gather all Zaerog materials? (I'm talking about the pirates and samurai dragons)

I decided to just rank up and evolve the 2 heavy metal dragons I have. It's not worth completing a 99 stam descended if the drop isn't guaranteed.

Are the technical dungeons the fastest way to gather all Zaerog materials? (I'm talking about the pirates and samurai dragons)

I decided to just rank up and evolve the 2 heavy metal dragons I have. It's not worth completing a 99 stam descended if the drop isn't guaranteed.
Generally speaking the stamina investment to get and evolve base form Zaerogs is greater than running Dragon Rush, but since you already have them it's probably a wash.

You can get the Pirate/Samurai drops from running Z8 Descended itself, with the caveat of RNG of course.

jay23

Generally speaking the stamina investment to get and evolve base form Zaerogs is greater than running Dragon Rush, but since you already have them it's probably a wash.

You can get the Pirate/Samurai drops from running Z8 Descended itself, with the caveat of RNG of course.

Just thinking about running Z8 again gives me chills, fuck that descended lol. I'll just clear the technical dungeons instead.

Just thinking about running Z8 again gives me chills, fuck that descended lol. I'll just clear the technical dungeons instead.
Were you planning on dumping piis into him for skillups cause that's a lot of piis.

Once we get coop and 1/2 stam dungeons it'll only cost 20 stamina an attempt.

hermit7

Got enough for one more roll in day 2 of the godfest.

Trolled again with some dragon thing that gives 2.5 for one turn and changes an orb to poison.

Haven't rolled anything good in a few months (only roll now for samurai and constellation). But I guess I can keep working on my teams. Hopefully 10x comes back for new years.

razterik

Anyone knows a good dungeon that can be run at any time for gold?

The whale answer is to buy King Carnival coin dungeon and stone run it while selling all the drops except king metal dragons.

With 3x normals, running Ocean of Heaven will net a decent gold supply and a fair amount of plus eggs.

J0dy77

Anyone knows a good dungeon that can be run at any time for gold?

The weekend dungeons with 1 or 2 Ganesha leads are your best bet. Or there is a special coin descended dungeon with Goemon as the final boss that gives good coin rates.

34 baby tamas. I need me some gold dragons.

Just feed them, it's really not worth the hassle evolving all of them. The success rate is 40% for the babies and you can get some nice runs with activating. I just dump an extra stone of running the dungeon and hope for a 50% success rate when I run it. So much easier than dealing with those god forsaken dub-topalits. I had to run friday dungeon 14 times last week to get two of them for Awoken Anubis.

Bladelaw

Mistakes were made...

I got enough baby tamas to max out my Shiva team and kushi and still have enough big tamas to max out Amaterasu...

jay23

Were you planning on dumping piis into him for skillups cause that's a lot of piis.

Once we get coop and 1/2 stam dungeons it'll only cost 20 stamina an attempt.

I won't be using any piis I don't have the optimal sub's missing second haku/satsuki. Waiting for coop and 1/2 stam seems like the smart thing to do.

Just got my first drop from a descended dungeon. Got Takeminakata on Legend.

Doubt I can do Mythical yet, but it's cool I finally completed one of these. I've only been able to do one or two in the past, using at least a stone or two.

Lyrian

34 baby tamas. I need me some gold dragons.

Guess what is tomorrow's guerrilla dungeon, according to PADX?

GF report over the 2 days:

My account:

-- Angelious dupe (meh)
-- Avalon Drake !! (hurry up already, dog dragon skillups...)
-- Sumire !!!
-- Green Sonia !!!

Welp, there goes all of my luck for an eternity or three.

G/F's account:

-- Wukong (new)
-- Arcline (new, meh)
-- Angelious (new, meh)
-- Australis !!!

3 GFEs in 8 pulls is pretty insane, by any stretch of the imagination

Jonsoncao

Banned
B3LWWVg.png

0-stoned C10 with a dual delay RaDra team. Took me 3 tries to realize ShivaDra's skill delay resist is not necessary, and ShivaDra always miss-firing at Vishnu. Swap it with Sun Quan and way to go! For anyone interested in using RaDra.

Reddit is claiming skill transfer doesn't require you to sacrifice any cards; you just equip it onto the primary monster
https://xl.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/43rx9v/discuss_active_inheritance_system_recap/
Interesting, but also less useful as described. Biggest "gotcha" is supposedly once the inherited skill is charged, you can't use the monster's normal active until you use the IS and recharge the first active. So, you only have access to 1 skill at a time. You can't charge both then have the flexibility to choose which to use.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Awoken Lakshmi get - also was able to max skill her with the Tamadras from yesterday. Ready for that 39x boost and to play around with her.

Also ueevolved BValk/GValk.

PS. Metalit Descended! will be back tomorrow.

HGH

Banned
Alright, finally got my first god! It's... Da Quiao & Xiao Qiao. Oh....
So my current team is a Fire Dragon Knight, a Super King Emerald Dragon, Dark Golem Mk2, Da Quiao & Xiao Qiao, and a maxed Plesios. My only other units of note are a Holy Dragon I managed to evolve after a chance Lil' White Dragon drop, and a Present Egg that's gonna hatch into a Fire Snowglobe Dragon when I get enough materials for it.
Jeez my luck sucks. At least I've almost finished Satan Castle. Only took 3 days to get there! EDIT: Castle of Satan done, now farming Keepers.

I have two Princess Valkyires (the fire and water ones, level 20 and 40 respectively) that are too high cost to use right now. I also have an Extreme King Metal Dragon, I'm not sure if I wanna save for their eventual ultimate evolution or just use it right now and hope for another one to drop in the future?

ZeroAKA

Alright, finally got my first god! It's... Da Quiao & Xiao Qiao. Oh....
So my current team is a Fire Dragon Knight, a Super King Emerald Dragon, Dark Golem Mk2, Da Quiao & Xiao Qiao, and a maxed Plesios. My only other units of note are a Holy Dragon I managed to evolve after a chance Lil' White Dragon drop, and a Present Egg that's gonna hatch into a Fire Snowglobe Dragon when I get enough materials for it.
Jeez my luck sucks. At least I've almost finished Satan Castle. Only took 3 days to get there! EDIT: Castle of Satan done, now farming Keepers.

I have two Princess Valkyires (the fire and water ones, level 20 and 40 respectively) that are too high cost to use right now. I also have an Extreme King Metal Dragon, I'm not sure if I wanna save for their eventual ultimate evolution or just use it right now and hope for another one to drop in the future?
DQXQ is a very good and beginner-friendly leader. Use her as lead instead of Fire Dragon Knight.

HGH

Banned
DQXQ is a very good and beginner-friendly leader. Use her as lead instead of Fire Dragon Knight.
Yeah, I didn't quite understand that passive at first(I didn't get what "Att." referred to) but the 4x damage multiplier is great. And she's maxed now.
Now getting those dub-lits for evolution is gonna be an issue at my level though. Then again no need to rush evolutions right now?

Bladelaw

Hey, speaking of Amaterasu...

I'm assuming the awoken/ultimate form is *the* form to go for?

That was my understanding. The bind immunity + the +40% SBR makes it hard to justify the other forms.

On the topic of Amaterasu...who works well with her? I have lots of Christmas healer girls (all but Lilith...). What does an effective Ammy stall team look like? And maybe more importantly where can she best be utilized?

I saw that. I am not sure either way to be honest.

I am thinking of running Pandora, a. Luci, a.loki, valk, dd Haku, Pandora

Valk for 5 turns and 2 rows. Dd for devil typing and 2 rows. Loki still provides 100 percent sbr. And luci gives the opportunity to deal damage to Predras.

I am going to plus a. Luci next, followed by valk. At least then I would have a decent team hyper maxed. Pandora will bring up the rear followed by Loki.

Luci, yomi dragon, okuni, Haku, valk. 8 rows and a bunch of tpa. Okuni gives good stall opportunities and burst.
My current plan for Luci is Pandora, Akechi, Haku, Okuni. I could also throw in Yomidra if I want. As far as I know, this is about as good as it gets, so I'm pumped. Akechi is next in line for plusses, then Luci, then Pandora.

Pandora is less ideal, and will likely be relegated to non arena farming satus. Akechi, Okuni, A.Haku, Hanzo has 9 rows as well as enough TPAs to help out. If I end up skilling Grisar, he could replace Hanzo, and I could use Lubu instead of Okuni if I wanted.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I pulled in the Godfest yesterday and got Astaroth.

Gungtroll'd

Not necessarily...with the right subs she can be strong Wood Row leader. My Astaroth team looks quite now that i have pulled GValk - cant wait for her buff to hit this week.

Not necessarily...with the right subs she can be strong Wood Row leader. My Astaroth team looks quite now that i have pulled GValk - cant wait for her buff to hit this week.

If I have a stronger wood lead like A.Bastet w/ 2 Verdandis to sub for her, why bother with Astaroth?

razterik

Anything with large damage hits or big preemptives is much easier with A.Astaroth's HP boost and her team usually features better RCV and autoheals compared to A.Bastet. She's no slouch in the damage department either with a decent amount of rows, the ability to turn junk orbs into massive green and the durability to stall for repeated usage of damage enhance subs.

Finished Saria in JP with gold keepers, but why does my final skill up always come on the first feed right after stoning for stamina? Now I need to burn off a bunch before taking a break, urgh.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I just started the game up on my Note 4...It's asking for me to put my name in like it's a fresh account. Any idea what gives?

E: Holy shit. My data was deleted. Like, poof gone. And I can't find my Secret Code. I'm about to lose my fucking mind right now. I've already contacted GungHo, but holy shit.

Jagernaut

That was my understanding. The bind immunity + the +40% SBR makes it hard to justify the other forms.

On the topic of Amaterasu...who works well with her? I have lots of Christmas healer girls (all but Lilith...). What does an effective Ammy stall team look like? And maybe more importantly where can she best be utilized?

For Awoken Amaterasu stick to light healers. My every day farming Amaterasu team is

A Amaterasu - hypermaxed
Chibi Valkyrie
Fuu
Awoken Venus
DQXQ - Light/Light version
A Amaterasu - hypermaxed

I sometimes use Raphael or Arcline in DQXQ's slot depending on the dungeon. Fuu and Venus have 1000 hp auto heal each so the total team auto healing with 2 hyper Amaterasu leads is 20,980 every turn with any match.

As long as you can take a hit you can stall forever and burst for 6 million damage using Fuu+Valk+Venus when you are at full hp.

Ducarmel

So I just started the game up on my Note 4...It's asking for me to put my name in like it's a fresh account. Any idea what gives?

E: Holy shit. My data was deleted. Like, poof gone. And I can't find my Secret Code. I'm about to lose my fucking mind right now. I've already contacted GungHo, but holy shit.
Think that dude that stole you're account has something to do with it?

Did you backup your data with google?

Lyrian

Yeah, I didn't quite understand that passive at first(I didn't get what "Att." referred to) but the 4x damage multiplier is great. And she's maxed now.
Now getting those dub-lits for evolution is gonna be an issue at my level though. Then again no need to rush evolutions right now?

Evolves never hurt, only help, unless you don't have the team cost to field the evo'd card in question.

If dub-lits are the issue, Friday expert dungeon should provide plenty of them of all colors. 16x damage annihilates the 60k defense of dub-lits. If 3 min stamina goes in on Thursday, that's 19 runs on natural stamina regen alone (plus whatever your stamina pool is).

linsivvi

For Awoken Amaterasu stick to light healers. My every day farming Amaterasu team is

A Amaterasu - hypermaxed
Chibi Valkyrie
Fuu
Awoken Venus
DQXQ - Light/Light version
A Amaterasu - hypermaxed

I sometimes use Raphael or Arcline in DQXQ's slot depending on the dungeon. Fuu and Venus have 1000 hp auto heal each so the total team auto healing with 2 hyper Amaterasu leads is 20,980 every turn with any match.

As long as you can take a hit you can stall forever and burst for 6 million damage using Fuu+Valk+Venus when you are at full hp.

Alternative, when there are hits bigger than that she can use a Awoken Venus friend, which will gain 50% dark resist in a future update, making it possible to survive Hera or similar preempts without using skills.

Edit: Holy shit that's bullshit Nicoga. Hopefully Gungho can fix this.

Nicoga, you're on my list and it's saying you were last active 1 hour ago. Hopefully Gungho acts quickly, because that guy fucked your box last time.

Edit - Refreshed, it's 30 mins now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't think I backed up with my Google Account, but I did login with my account. So I wonder if when I ran the tutorial again for a backup ID if it still thinks it's connected to my Google account. We will see.

I changed my Google password after all this shit went down. I'm livid right now. It's almost like my phone cleared the data. When I logged into the game, it still had my ID on the home screen. So I have no idea. My Note 4 has been more problematic than productive these past few months. If that's the cause, I'm honestly switching back to iOS.

Jagernaut

Alternative, when there are hits bigger than that she can use a Awoken Venus friend, which will gain 50% dark resist in a future update, making it possible to survive Hera or similar preempts without using skills.

Edit: Holy shit that's bullshit Nicoga. Hopefully Gungho can fix this.

That would reduce the total atk from 16x to 10x and make me heal manually. If there is just one big hit I would rather use Raphael (damage void 2 turns) or Sandalphon on the floor right before.

Top Bottom