• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Episode Pack(Live Action Show), 75GB download on Xbox One

Ban Puncher

ez my internet not even gonna break a sweat.

5196421817.png

Holy shit how is 88 Minutes of footage so damn big

zmGXYwz.png

Theorry

Seriously, is MS doing *anything* right this gen when it comes to exclusives? Every game starts with so much expectations and near release they always manage to fuck something up, often essential things. People just observing this scratch their head how people in charge are responsible for this continued mess and how bad they handle social media the whole gen.

Wut.

I wonder how many different episodes there are. If you can make 2 different choices before each episode and the choice of the previous episodes also makes a difference on the next episodes then:

the first episode would have 2 variants, the 2nd 4 the 3rd 8 and the 4th 16.
then there would be 2+4+8+16 = 30 different episodes so 660 minutes of footage.

I really can't imagine it being anything like that. I never got the impression you were changing whole episodes of the show by your actions, just short scenes here and there. I'd be very surprised if we saw anything beyond the level of branching you'd see in a Telltale game or Life is Strange; you can make a few choices but ultimately the story's pretty much set.

T.O.P

Banned
Seriously, is MS doing *anything* right this gen when it comes to exclusives? Every game starts with so much expectations and near release they always manage to fuck something up, often essential things. People just observing this scratch their head how people in charge are responsible for this continued mess and how bad they handle social media the whole gen.

lmao

Introvese

Banned

I totally agree

leeh

You serious?

synce

This just seems like a huge hassle. Why couldn't they just do it in-game? Isn't that why we have faster processors right now, so movie files aren't necessary? Some odd design choices

Bgamer90

Banned
Why don't they just ship two bluray discs?

I believe the Xbox One still has an issue with recognizing two discs for one game. Similar reason as to why Halo MCC required a large "patch".

Anyway, I've downloaded games bigger than this so I have no problem with it.

I... don't understand. This is simply an option and not a requirement. There's a decent amount of XB1 console exclusives that have been good.

Can't wait to see how the game and show blend together and how the different choices I make in the game affect the outcome of the show.

I'll be streaming it as well but it's nice to have the Joyce :)

leeh

I know the guy, he's not joking at all. Those are his speeds and he's livid about it.
I'm having a moment of silence for him, that's awful.
Completely. This is the way I see it and I totally know that some disagree, but that won't change my opinion on it.
Your entitled to your opinion but to say they've done absolutely nothing right is a bold statement.
Why wouldn't he be?
I just think it's a very strong opinion to not take away one positive from how they handle their exclusives.

Trup1aya

I'm glad they've decided to give this option, I had previously thought that streaming would be the only way.

I'm also glad Xb1 has external HDD support. Lol

Damn. So potentially Order 1886 territories of overall length. Bearing in mind, we have no idea how much game time is occupied by the in game (non live action) cut scenes, which seem rather plentiful. Then again, it looks to have more overall replay value.

Seems on par with most linear shooters these days... Unlike The order though, it appears to have a ton of replay value.

Warxard

Banned
Completely. This is the way I see it and I totally know that some disagree, but that won't change my opinion on it.

Are you only using Master Chief Collection as an example

Because uh, MS released quite a few exclusives this gen that ah, aren't MCC levels of fucked

Yudoken

No, this should be 1080p IIRC. The videos aren't downloadable on PC because they are 4k and would be much bigger, is their reasoning (however thing that is).

Are they at least allowing to download it in different resolutions e.g. 1080p?

No need to make them 4k if almost nobody can play it on that resolution.

If not, that is just poor implementation of MS.

btw way if anyone is interested, here is one of the episodes on youtube from christopherodd's playthrough. I think its the first or maybe second. Great cast. sadly, production quality reminds of xena warrior princess.

Having watched numerous seasons of Xena over the past month, I'm ok with this. At least as long as it's not in 4:3...

Zedox

Good stuff. I don't know if i'll download or stream. Probably stream. No biggie. Apparently this is a problem to other people, I don't get it but whatever, everyone can't be pleased.

Top Bottom