• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queens of the Stone Age, Villains, produced by Mark Ronson

So is Ronson just going to step back and record them, or is he going to insist they work with a brass ensemble or something?

My hype - for one of my favourite acts ever no less - just fell off a cliff. I presume Trent Reznor was too busy again?

I thought James Lavelle might get a crack considering how good ...Like Clockwork's title track sounded.

Veal

That snippet sounded excellent! Never been disappointed by these guys, so I'm super hyped! Also is this Mikey's third album?

QOTSA have never made a bad album and I doubt it will change. Cant wait to get my dancing shoes on. Best band the last 2 decades.

I've liked both Ronson and QotSA for years. Don't discount Mark Ronson if you only know Uptown Funk which for the record is one of the best "summer hits" in a long time.

I'm still hoping that song improves pop music.

Nothus

I don't think they'll ever get back to the heights they hit with their first three albums, but I'll still check it out day 1.

Ocara

Super hype for this, qotsa is one of my favorites. Doubt this album will disappoint, theyve all been knockouts in their own way. Cool album art too.

jacobs34

For those wondering what kind of sound Mark Ronson could bring to Queens of the Stone Age here he is covering "I Sat By the Ocean" with Kevin Parker and Andrew Wyatt. The two have worked together before, and I'm sure Ronson will do his best to stay out of the bands way on the record. The guy is an excellent producer.

My hype - for one of my favourite acts ever no less - just fell off a cliff. I presume Trent Reznor was too busy again?

I thought James Lavelle might get a crack considering how good ...Like Clockwork's title track sounded.
I mean, have QOTSA ever put out a single bad record? They are one of the most consistent rock bands still putting stuff out semi-regularly.

Actually, as also a huge NIN fan, I'd trust Josh to release something great everytime versus Trent who has been spotty since 2005...

I mean, have QOTSA ever put out a single bad record? They are one of the most consistent rock bands still putting stuff out semi-regularly.

Actually, as also a huge NIN fan, I'd trust Josh to release something great everytime versus Trent who has been spotty since 2005...

I disagree - lullabies was inconsistent and era vulgaris didn't age particularly well. Both of those albums were inconsistent enough that ...like clockwork's consistency was a surprise.

I haven't been this turned off by a choice of producer since Chris Cornell hooked up with Timbaland.

acohrs

Came in to the thread and saw I appear missing being declared GOAT QOTSA song, made my day. The live performances of the song make the studio version seem so much worse despite still being an amazing song

Vee_One

I mean, opinions and all....
Trent's output has been consistent and good. Maybe not all A++ but still solid. Not The Actual Events is brilliant.

EDIT: Psyched for new QOTSA. Feels like it has been ages

Whoa

Faster Queens plz.... Clockwork was a drag :(
Homme got your back, son. He said that the new album it's like "a panther waiting to leap from the shadows" (whatever the fuck that means) and that the record feels uptempo.

Interesting choice of producer. QOTSA makes some really sick grooves and with Ronson behind the table...this could be really, really cool.

Mark Ronson did a fantastic cover of I Sat by the Ocean. I think it's better than the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA0XnE8QXpI

giphy.gif

As long as it's got shiz as filthy and mesmeric as Never Say Never, Song for the Dead, Sick Sick Sick and Smooth Sailing, gravy.

Undrey

I like it. It's a different type of sound which is what they should go for (yeah, no change for change's sake, but this is still good). Every album so far has had a different sound. I'm looking forward to see how the rest of the songs pan out.

Top Bottom