• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Silvergun for XBLA announced

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Huh. They actually did this.

Drkirby said:
And I hope we get online co-op too. I never have anyone local to play with :/
Ikaruga Live co-op sucks. It's just a bullet point, not something you'd actually ever want to utilize. Don't hold your breath on this.

Shalashaska161 said:
Awesome, always wanted to play this. If it's half as good as Ikaruga then it will be amazing.
I've been saying that Ikaruga is twice the game Silvergun is for years now, so you should be satisfied.

SketchTheArtist said:
Knew a guy who shelled out about 350$ for a 'like-new' copy of this game. I think I can hear him cry right now.
Collectors have nothing to fear. I don't know why I keep having to repeat myself on this point, but the only thing that threatens a game's second-hand market value are physical rereleases, and usually identical ones at that (not ports to other systems). People who just want to play these games without shelling out triple-digit USD prices have had free and easy (if illegal) means to do so for years. Why would an XBLA port suddenly change the equation?

Tain said:
I really don't think they feel anything is wrong with the game. While there might be some small Ikaruga-style changes with the XBLA release, I highly doubt there will be big ones.
I know Maegawa has said there are certain things about the game he doesn't feel have stood the test of time, but he never specified what, and I doubt any major changes are coming just because it would really tick off those who enjoy the game plenty as-is.

_dementia said:
Why would it be? Treasure is way more popular in the West then they are in Japan.
I didn't know that.

It's just that XBLA in Japan has so many SHMUPs that I want and they'll never see the light of day here.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I didn't know that.

It's just that XBLA in Japan has so many SHMUPs that I want and they'll never see the light of day here.
Most if not all the XBLA shooting games are available here. Retail disc games are another story though.

VALIS

Anyone have a list of all shmups on the 360 so far, any region? I've lost track and one day I want to catch up with them all. Gotta be 20-30 at this point.(?)

Kafel

Banned
What's cool about this is also that Treasure will be able to get back to work on their 3rd shooter once RS is out.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Called it earlier tonight, and with the job they did with Ikaruga, I'm going to be all over this as soon as it comes out.

Hell yeah.

Daigoro

fuck. ive been meaning to sell my Saturn copy for the last few months but ive been lazy about it.

better get to it. gonna take a big hit on this one...

soultron

Banned
jepjepjep said:
Awesome! The best news imaginable. I've been wanting to try this.
Agreed. I've been waiting to try this as well. After Ikaruga, I started to stock pile Treasure games like Advance Guardian Heroes and Gunstar Super Heroes. Excited to add this much talked about classic to my library.

soultron said:
Agreed. I've been waiting to try this as well. After Ikaruga, I started to stock pile Treasure games like Advance Guardian Heroes and Gunstar Super Heroes. Excited to add this much talked about classic to my library.
well it's certainly an upgrade over the latter two you mentioned

soultron said:
You shut your mouth. Gunstar Super Heroes is excellent. (AGH not so much, but still good.)
well, they're better then Gunstar Heroes at least, yeah.

edit: lol, i own the overwhelming majority of treasures titles but the only ones i actually like are the sin and punishments and dc bangai-o. but i will always buy whatever the release what's wrong with me :lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
soultron said:
You shut your mouth. Gunstar Super Heroes is excellent. (AGH not so much, but still good.)
It's rushed and incomplete at best. When some levels are practically devoid of any enemies/obstacles and some bosses have literally no attacks, well....

I mean, when it's good it's pretty damn good, but meh.

21lpgnc.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sixfortyfive said:
Huh. They actually did this.

Ikaruga Live co-op sucks. It's just a bullet point, not something you'd actually ever want to utilize. Don't hold your breath on this.

I've been saying that Ikaruga is twice the game Silvergun is for years now, so you should be satisfied.

Collectors have nothing to fear. I don't know why I keep having to repeat myself on this point, but the only thing that threatens a game's second-hand market value are physical rereleases, and usually identical ones at that (not ports to other systems). People who just want to play these games without shelling out triple-digit USD prices have had free and easy (if illegal) means to do so for years. Why would an XBLA port suddenly change the equation?

I know Maegawa has said there are certain things about the game he doesn't feel have stood the test of time, but he never specified what, and I doubt any major changes are coming just because it would really tick off those who enjoy the game plenty as-is.
The GCN version of Ikaruga had its price drop off quiet a bit after the 360 versior came out. Used to go for about $60, now it goes for around $20.

woodypop

Yes! I can't wait to check out the improvements. Is the audio going to be in 5.1 surround?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've always preferred RS over Ikaruga.

Yes Boss!

Way more excited for this than Bangai-O. Haven't played this on the Saturn yet and this pretty much guarantees I never will have to. This will likely be the better version! Way better sticks on the 360 to play this with.

Top Bottom