• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Silvergun for XBLA announced

Rayven

aka surume
I prefer RS to Ikaruga even though i like both.

Its more of a straight up shooter and the variety of bosses and levels keeps it fresh throughout.

Cant wait to play this in HD :D

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Drkirby said:
The GCN version of Ikaruga had its price drop off quiet a bit after the 360 versior came out. Used to go for about $60, now it goes for around $20.
MD Alien Soldier still breaches $100 if it's complete and in good condition, despite several re-releases both retail and DD (PS2, Virtual Console, Gametap, etc.), and the fact that Genesis emulation has been trivial for ages.

DC Ikaruga tends to be around $50, roughly the same price I picked it up for back in 2004 or so.

I maintain that accessibility on newer platforms doesn't change these things much. The people who just want to play these games and those who want to own them often aren't the same markets.

Daigoro

Yes Boss! said:
Way more excited for this than Bangai-O. Haven't played this on the Saturn yet and this pretty much guarantees I never will have to. This will likely be the better version! Way better sticks on the 360 to play this with.

Bangaio is a better game. also custom sticks can be used on a SS just as easily as one on a 360.

i wouldnt hold my breath that this version will be better either. but it always possible. Ikaruga on 360 is quality for sure, but not better.

Mike M

Nick N
I picked up RS on a lark from Electronics Boutique (Back when there still was EB...) when they were having their brief flirtation with carrying imports.

Best impulse buy I ever made, definitely gonna be there day 1 for this one.

I have Ikaruga on the GCN.

What's the best way to get a cheap 360? I know it's not good to get the cheapest model because of the hard drive thing.

Awesome news! I got this for saturn a few years ago and it is one of the best shooters I have ever played. Liked it more than Ikaruga. The bosses are epic, and Sakimoto's OST fits it so well. Those who haven't played it yet are in for a real treat.

Drkirby said:
Yes, I can finally own the game and it won't be $100! It better be as good as the elitist who are willing to pay $100 for it say it is.

Unless Microsoft is pure evil and releases it at 12,000 MSP.

That would be pure evil. Out of principle, I will not buy it if it's more than 4,800 MSP. Anything less than that, day 1.

ok this is now a post pics of your copy of RS thread :D Taken quick with my cameraphone :lol

2010-09-15234722.jpg

woodypop

RoryDropkick said:
ok this is now a post pics of your copy of RS thread :D Taken quick with my cameraphone :lol
Sure, I'll play. Taken w/webcam.

223031.jpg

Bought it when it came out from Buy-Rite Video Games. (Apparently they later gained a shady reputation, but I had a couple successful transactions with them.) Can't wait to play it on XBLA though! Is it gonna be in 5.1 surround?

miserable

This is good news i guess, now i'll have the chance to play it.Never knew the music was done by Sakimoto, no wonder i thought the music in the trailer sounded very FFT-like :D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Teknoman said:
Come on surprise Guardian Heroes HD announcement! Please?

I'm suprised how thin Treasure is stretching itself already, with Bangai-O and now Radiant Silvergun. I'm the first person who wants a GH HD port (My avatar is the Royal Knight from GH!) but I''m happy getting this much Treasure love, already.

I've never been able to play RS, but I'm happy with what I see here. Looks great; Sounds Great, will get day one!

--

And for the Record; I rather liked Gunstar Super Heroes. All the throw-backs to old Genesis gaming were great. Biggest disappointment was lack of 2 player (and lack of it being on a home console). Advanced Guardian Heroes... HAN's evolved artstyle was pretty fun to see (Especially Nicole Neil looking SOOO much like Mischief Maker's Marina), and I kinda got to like the counter system. It felt under-developed compared to REAL GH though; I wanted the multiple paths to return, a bit better animation/artwork, and the smoothness of the old gameplay.

It made it easy to see how I really wouldn't care if a new GH was just more of the Original; I'd prefer new (downloadable?) campaigns and characters before new gameplay systems in this case, because it just doesn't NEED it. Up the character numbers, make some crossovers for VS mode with old Treasure games (Mischief Makers? Dynamite Heady? Rakugaki showtime?), new ones (S&P2), and random franchises (Treasure X Bungie? Treasure X Capcom?) for guest characters, and I'd play it daily for years to come.:lol

Yes Boss!

Daigoro said:
Bangaio is a better game. also custom sticks can be used on a SS just as easily as one on a 360.

i wouldnt hold my breath that this version will be better either. but it always possible. Ikaruga on 360 is quality for sure, but not better.
True. But Ikaruga was/is such a class act on XBLA. To be honest, both of these shooters make my head hurt. Can't even beat the second boss on Ikaruga and did not even know where to begin on RS.

My Saturn sticks suck too :-(

Major coup for 360, though...and all regoins since it is DL. It is becomming almost comical how many shooters are on the 360.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is news worth waking up to! :D

The one Treasure game that needed a re-release the most, and it actually got one! :D

Panzer Dragoon Saga next, PLEASE SEGA!!!

Eccocid

woodypop said:
Sure, I'll play. Taken w/webcam.

223031.jpg

Bought it when it came out from Buy-Rite Video Games. (Apparently they later gained a shady reputation, but I had a couple successful transactions with them.) Can't wait to play it on XBLA though! Is it gonna be in 5.1 surround?

DEEP FEAR! lol that game has worse voice acting than first RE!

J2d

Time to buy a jpn xbox and a decent monitor.

epmode said:
edit: This probably isn't a popular opinion but I think a lot of this game's praise is from people who aren't really into shooters in the first place. Or at the very least, from people who don't care about playing these games for survival.
It's a nice alternative from Cave, Psikyo etc titles that pretty much all feel the same, and if a shooter can attract a different crowd then that's damn good in my eyes. I get what you are saying and sometimes it feels like there's two or three members here that come across as elitist pricks.

RoryDropkick said:

DSCF2660.jpg

Wanna Shmup , you ante up !

You will need a 360 now , Japanese preferred for all that shooting candy !

Great news. I'm definitely in the camp that liked RS over the too-tightly structured Ikaruga. Love the music, love the game though there are lots of things they could do to improve the experience over the original Saturn game. At this rate, Guardian Heroes, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, and Silhouette Mirage are going to get their turn on modern consoles with the magic of DD channels before the gen's up.

Top Bottom