• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Silvergun for XBLA announced

I'm not sure if any of the Treasure games are for shooter purists considering most of them had with problems with balancing & polishing. What they never lack is dazzling display of creativity (especially with their boss battles), adrenaline induced gameplay and unique sense of style.

Day one for this one!! Treasure Love <3 <3

MightyHedgehog said:
Great news. I'm definitely in the camp that liked RS over the too-tightly structured Ikaruga.
lol what? RS is way more tightly structured than Ika. If you don't actively chain and play for score in RS, your weapons will be too weak to kill later bosses within their time limits.

_dementia said:
lol what? RS is way more tightly structured than Ika. If you don't play for score in RS, your weapons will be too weak to kill later bosses within their time limit.
Maybe I'm OCD or something, but Ikaruga felt claustrophobic with its light/dark thing more than RS' system. I jumped in and clicked with RS' design instantly where Ikaruga was just constantly feeling like I had to restrain my shooter tendencies all of the time. I just could never 'zone in' with Ikaruga. Maybe I'll give it another shot this week...it's been years since I've played it.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
MightyHedgehog said:
Great news. I'm definitely in the camp that liked RS over the too-tightly structured Ikaruga. Love the music, love the game though there are lots of things they could do to improve the experience over the original Saturn game. At this rate, Guardian Heroes, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, and Silhouette Mirage are going to get their turn on modern consoles with the magic of DD channels before the gen's up.

Good to see that I'm not the only one who prefered RS over Ika... thought Ika was a bit too puzzle-based... if you ignored trying to score and just played for survival, RS 'felt' better... not to mention while Ika is very subdued (which some people seem to like), RS is balls-out epic. What an awesome Sakimoto score :D

Really happy to see this coming to a modern console, let's hope they revisit and fix the game balance and "level up" systems.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
NonexistentK said:
I'm not sure if any of the Treasure games are for shooter purists considering most of them had with problems with balancing & polishing.
Ikaruga is damn close to what I'd call a perfectly designed game. Silvergun is a far cry from it. (On the other hand, even though I'd say that Gradius V is probably "better designed" than Silvergun, I have more fun with the latter.)

djtiesto said:
Good to see that I'm not the only one who prefered RS over Ika... thought Ika was a bit too puzzle-based... if you ignored trying to score and just played for survival, RS 'felt' better...
Yes, the game that *punishes* you for playing for survival instead of score is the one that *feels better* for playing for survival instead of score. That makes perfect sense.

Even though I shit on Silvergun all the time in these threads I'm still probably going to pick this up. Shamefully, the prospect of achievements might actually give me the needed motivation to play this game the "right" way.

bumpkin

About frickin' time!

As for all the ebay scalpers who have been charging an arm and a leg for a copy, I've got two words for ya...

dx-suck-it-vip-blog-com-554147589119392_small.jpg

:D

Now if only the planets would align -- and hell would freeze over -- maybe we'd see Panzer Dragoon Saga on XBLA.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Not possessing of the bullet hell dodging/pattern memorization skills some of you must enjoy I have top say I greatly prefer RS over Ikaruga.

Power-up retention FTW.

MechaX said:
The internet would suffer a total meltdown if that ended up happening.
PDS would require much more of a visual overhaul to be palatable in this day and age. I wouldn't count on that happening ever.

Good game from a technical and scoring standpoint, but very noob unfriendly and extremely precise. I think your average gamer will find Ikaruga to be more fun.

woodypop

Eccocid said:
DEEP FEAR! lol that game has worse voice acting than first RE!
Did that get an English translation in PAL territories? Or did you trudge through it in Japanese? (That's the only thing keeping me from playing it more.)

CaseyTappy said:
DSCF2660.jpg

Wanna Shmup , you ante up !

You will need a 360 now , Japanese preferred for all that shooting candy !
Batsugun! I still need to add that one to my collection.

mattp

the irony in this for me is that, i STILL have to pay 200 bucks if i wanna play radiant silvergun because i don't have an xbox :(

IDK about you guys but a new Guardian Heroes game with 4 player online coop would rock my fucking world. GH is one series that more people need to experience.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
comes into thread , wooo the release Date is here yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.....**dancing**

Wait what???
:'(

Theonik said:
Why must you be so cruel? :'(

The question needed to be asked. :p

The achievements were revealed nearly two months ago, and yet still no date. It's also not even part of the "summer of arcade", which makes me wonder if it might release before that.

Or maybe Microsoft is being cruel and wants to hold it til the holiday season.

I'm pretty sure, we won't see a release until the end of august. But at the same time 3rd strike is coming out.

BruiserBear said:
The achievements were revealed nearly two months ago, and yet still no date. It's also not even part of the "summer of arcade", which makes me wonder if it might release before that.

Summer of arcade begins next week, so no.

Theonik

Muchi Muchi Pink said:
I'm pretty sure, we won't see a release until the end of august. But at the same time 3rd strike is coming out.
Summer of arcade begins next week, so no.
Yep it's probably late August/September. I guess we can speculate based on what releases after summer of arcade since i don't think we know much about these slots.

Theonik said:
Yep it's probably late August/September. I guess we can speculate based on what releases after summer of arcade since i don't think we know much about these slots.
If that's the case August is going to be a big month for me rebuying games I already own.

But atm you can't play the 'secret' Ikaruga style mode. :)

Edit: Last Summer of Arcade game is Toysoldiers: Cold War august 17th. After this we should get 3rd strike and rsg as both are marked 'summer 2011'.

Muchi Muchi Pink said:
But atm you can't play the 'secret' Ikaruga style mode. :)

Edit: Last Summer of Arcade game is Toysoldiers: Cold War august 17th. After this we should get 3rd strike and rsg as both are marked 'summer 2011'.
According to Games Radar, 3S:OE is already dated for August 24th

Top Bottom