• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Derrick01

Banned
(._.) said:
The game out of nowhere launched for me finally.

It is fucking stupid. I should be able to choose the settings I want for the game. At least give me the option to. I know my system could easily run this game at a much higher level than it is setting it all at. On top of that the pop in textures and screen tearing... smfh. Does his game allow vsync? What is the point of making sure it runs at 60 fps if the screen tearing is just going to break the smoothness. The game looks like it runs bellow 30 for me visually.

I don't know about AMD users with all the mess that's been going on, but someone with a nvidia card said they turned on vsync and triple buffering through the nvidia panel and it was working fine. No tearing, but he also had no pop in or any of these other problems.

Jtyettis said:
Remember the first time I installed Doom 3 on release. Man was not a good night for my PC heh.

I remember when Half-Life 2 came out

whoooooooo boy, was that a clusterfuck. I compare all bad PC launches to that day. "I'd give Dead Island's botched launch 4 Half-Life 2's...out of five"

JimFear

Banned
With most of the game made with the unreal engine have some issue with the texture pop up but not like rage...
Rage is straight up horrible... I never saw a game with a lot of texture pop up like that.

Lets say that you look at the right wall, you let all the texture loading and the you turn to your left for 2-3second and go back to your right wall, you will have to reload all your texture which mean that they will all pop up again.... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

Wallach

Chiggs said:
Uh, I'm not seeing anything in the CFG file that's going to help.

Nah, that shit is hiding in packed resource files.

I want to go to sleep but I'll just lay down and be fuckin' mad like an idiot.

The M.O.B said:
From Carmack's twitter

Sorry Mack, that's a negative.

ray_j.gif

JimFear said:
Lets say that you look at the right wall, you let all the texture loading and the you turn to your left for 2-3second and go back to your right wall, you will have to reload all your texture which mean that they will all pop up again.... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?
This game has the memory of a goldfish. A dead one.

Or its a spectacular vindication of the principal that only what is directly before your eyes is real.

Salsa

I feel bad for him.

Stuff like this really harms the game even if/when its fixed. First impressions and all that.

FGMPR

Banned
I'm very close to cancelling my retail pre-order at the moment. It's pretty depressing stuff when iD of all developers are willing to release a half-arsed console port. That youtube video was sickening.

Soooo guys, i hate to be that one but i am running on the following shitty hardware and it is holding up like a champ! Obviously pop-in is quite interesting to say the least but everything else is fucking awesome! No tearing either btw, just pop in which is universally shitty for every one.

Running on:

E8400-3 ghz
4gb Ram
GTX285

I LOVE YOU MY AGING BUT STILL A CHAMP HARDWARE!

Edit to say I'm also running the GPU Transcode and 1680x1050 res

(._.)

Banned
Derrick01 said:
I don't know about AMD users with all the mess that's been going on, but someone with a nvidia card said they turned on vsync and triple buffering through the nvidia panel and it was working fine. No tearing, but he also had no pop in or any of these other problems.
I'll look over it tomorrow. This is just RAGE coming from me expecting at least a playable game at midnight from id software. If its patched and fully playable by the weekend I will feel much better.

They better add in more customizable options for the graphics though in a later patch.

Chiggs

Gold Member
MisterAnderson said:
Do you think I should not be using nvidia's BF3 beta drivers and should rollback to the last official driver? Did anyone try that yet?

I think you should probably just avoid playing this game until a week or two from now.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
The M.O.B said:
From Carmack's twitter

Sorry Mack, that's a negative.

Bullshit the 11.10 drivers my pc so hard when i tried playing rage. Went back to 11.9 at least it runs, mostly. Pop-in, tearing and crappy framerates.

Mrbob

SalsaShark said:
I feel bad for him.

Stuff like this really harms the game even if/when its fixed. First impressions and all that.

ID released a broken game at launch. No need to feel bad for anyone there. Feel bad for the people who spent 60 dollars on this game and can't get their money back.

Smokey

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? PEOPLE IM'ING ME ABOUT THIS SHIT? WHAT HAS ID DONE. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THE YOUTUBE FOOTAGE.

Salsa

Mrbob said:
ID released a broken game at launch. No need to feel bad for anyone there. Feel bad for the people who spent 60 dollars on this game and can't get their money back.

pft, i dont feel bad for him as if he was a puppy or something, of course this is some bullshit, i just feel bad cause he sounds like he genuinely thinks its a driver issue.

Paches

Aren't these kinds of things tested or some shit before a game is released? Goddamn, how can you release a product of that quality. Shameful.

First Deus Ex with the long ass load times and stuttering issues, then Dead Island with a majority of bugged stuff (dev build), now Rage pretty much being unplayable.

Do not buy pc games on day one, lesson learned!

MisterAnderson said:
Do you think I should not be using nvidia's BF3 beta drivers and should rollback to the last official driver? Did anyone try that yet?
Won't matter. The drivers have nothing to do with it.

MisterAnderson said:

nvidia said the latest BF3 driver is the one you should also be using for Rage.

Smokey

Man I have this shit coming from Amazon tomorrow. I refuse to believe. If it runs like shit on my machine....

Last time I buy a day 1 PC game.

ctrayne

GhostRidah said:
First Deus Ex with the long ass load times and stuttering issues
To be fair, those were patched out pretty quick, and on my SSD I never had stuttering. But I totally feel you, mang. I'm still pre-ordering a few titles though, because on the whole, I still have pretty good experiences. RF:A ran perfect out of the box, so I've put my money down for Saints Row: TT. I think the positive experiences outweigh the bad, or I just have had better luck. :(

angular graphics said:
nvidia said the latest BF3 driver is the one you should also be using for Rage.

But when i look at those BETA drivers it just says for the latest Nvidia cards, am i safe to use them if im on GTX285?!

Mrbob

SalsaShark said:
pft, i dont feel bad for him as if he was a puppy or something, of course this is some bullshit, i just feel bad cause he sounds like he genuinely thinks its a driver issue.

No, he doesn't. This is Carmack. He is just trying to buy some time to figure out a proper fix.

Top Bottom